Options

**THE YOU ARE OLD THREAD.**

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately I have heard of Rizz...although I am not 100% certain what it means.

I think Swiftie is kind of common now...also unfortunately. 
    Rizz was the one I haven't heard.  Kind of dumb though as its a shortened version of the word Charisma.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,847
    GTFO. I'm out of those new words. Wtf. Kids could have a blast with me.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,496
    In my day Rizz was this guy.

Frank Rizzo - Wikipedia
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    When I havent thought of an actor or musician or something from the 80s, 90s, or even around 2000... and they make an appearance (or die) and I see they are elderly now, it depresses me.

Also, Ill watch something from my childhood and figure out everyone or 90% of the people who are in it are dead.  Its sad and makes me feel ancient.

Time has gone too fast.  I feel like it was reasonable from 1978-2001.  But since 2001 it has taken off like a jet and it makes me dizzy.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    I'm not about to refer to myself as old.  Older... maybe.  Besides, you, the Pearl Jam community, have kept me young.  All I can say is, thanks for that!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    In my day Rizz was this guy.

Frank Rizzo - Wikipedia
    I was thinking:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    MayDay10 said:

Time has gone too fast.  I feel like it was reasonable from 1978-2001.  But since 2001 it has taken off like a jet and it makes me dizzy.
    THIS.

It is the worst part of getting older to me.

Think about how loooong the school year felt when you were in 5th grade or something. 6th grade felt like a million miles away.

Nowadays February of this year feels like a few weeks ago.

When you're a kid you only have a limited amount of life experiences and trips around the sun so life seemed liked it was moving at such a slower pace. It was much easier to live in the moment. Nowadays February of this year feels like a few weeks ago  to me.

At age 45, this is what I'm having a difficult time grasping. It's also one of the reasons I hate how people want to start celebrating Christmas in fucking September. Don't rush a third of my year!! Let me at least try and savor the Fall. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    When I havent thought of an actor or musician or something from the 80s, 90s, or even around 2000... and they make an appearance (or die) and I see they are elderly now, it depresses me.

Also, Ill watch something from my childhood and figure out everyone or 90% of the people who are in it are dead.  Its sad and makes me feel ancient.

True. Watch judas priest vid from the 80s. And then now. Rob Halford still kicks butt, a lot diff 40 yrs later. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,618
    Not knowing what vapes are when I find em in in my kids friends backpack. These are vapes, right?  Hopefully just tobacco??? Or better if hooked on cannabis imo?

Fuck your old when you don't know how to use legal drugs.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    edited December 2023
    Spunkie said:
    Not knowing what vapes are when I find em in in my kids friends backpack. These are vapes, right?  Hopefully just tobacco??? Or better if hooked on cannabis imo?

Fuck your old when you don't know how to use legal drugs.

And, do I see a Pez-Dispenser? I think I do. (Do you kids know what a Pez-Dispensers are? I do and that means I'm old?-HA)

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    PEZ - A gateway drug  =)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
    Spunkie said:
    PEZ - A gateway drug  =)

Absolutely correct!  PEZ leads to this kind of deranged behavior:
    Your Sweet Tooth Could Now Make You A Lot Of Money Seriously

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    Full rupture of my achilles while playing a simple game with my kids.  Getting old sucks. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Full rupture of my achilles while playing a simple game with my kids.  Getting old sucks. 
    Monopoly is taxing on the body.
  • Options
    Watching a 30 year old rerun of Seinfeld today would be equivalent to watching a 30 year old rerun of I Love Lucy in 1993. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    mcgruff10 said:
    Was it before/after play #4?
  • Options

• Options
    Poncier said:

I'm old enough to remember this guy being someone you weren't ashamed to root for. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,932
    edited December 2023
    I'm 41, and while I might not consider myself old per say, in the past year I've had to change the font size on my phone while still having trouble reading anything, I've pulled a muscle in my back while sleeping, and once while stretching during a yawn.  Feels like symptoms of the old.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Wait^^^you can change the font size on phone!
  • Options
    I'm 41, and while I might not consider myself old per say, in the past year I've had to change the font size on my phone while still having trouble reading anything, I've pulled a muscle in my back while sleeping, and once while stretching during a yawn.  Feels like symptoms of the old.
    Yoga. I have to start stretching with a purpose.  I have a friend ankle deep in 60s. He does karate weekly. Stretches. And I swear he is looking younger every time I see him. So it's also a bit of a choice for some how you want to age. I haven't decided yet.
  • Options
    Folding phones are worth their weight in gold whilst I enjoy the - reading glasses denial stage!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,501
    you guys are wussies. I’m not experiencing any of that font size, pulled muscle crap.

hangovers, yes, but I got those even when I was a young pup.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Spunkie said:
    PEZ - A gateway drug  =)

Absolutely correct!  PEZ leads to this kind of deranged behavior:
    Your Sweet Tooth Could Now Make You A Lot Of Money Seriously

HAHA(good one)
  • Options

I was trying to Post that one, but my old ass is very Low-Tech and I was unable to.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ouch!

And, it will probably take you longer to heal too at your age.

Good luck with the rehab.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    you guys are wussies. I’m not experiencing any of that font size, pulled muscle crap.

hangovers, yes, but I got those even when I was a young pup.
    No argument there from me!  It is possible I was dehydrated.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ouch!

And, it will probably take you longer to heal too at your age.

Good luck with the rehab.
    Surgery was August 16th and I'm currently walking with a slight limp.  My Dr said it would be close to a year for a full recovery.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ^mcG, you so old you leave PJ shows early to beat traffic!