The "Official" Indy/Noblesville 2024 Thread - August 26!

Comments

• PJamminPJammin Posts: 606
    MJ178168 said:
    What about taking an Uber/Lyft to/from the venue?  Is that pretty easy?
    Personally, I don't have any experience with ride share from the venue. I'm sure someone in here does though. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    MJ178168 said:
    They do have a nice designated area for rideshare...I can't speak to how long you might have to wait or what surge pricing would be but the local uber/lyft drivers know right where to go
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana

The rideshare area is in the upper left...

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • MJ178168MJ178168 Posts: 154
    PJammin said:
    MJ178168 said:
    Personally, I don't have any experience with ride share from the venue. I'm sure someone in here does though. 
    Thanks.  I figure maybe that is easier than trying to park at the venue but hopefully someone has experience with that and can provide their thoughts
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,248
    I do recommend doing a pin drop in maps where you parked as they have 2 main lots in different directions could get confused trying to get out an find your car lol
    FYI...parking patterns can change but if you approach Boden Road from the east you generally park in the grass. From the west they tend to park you in the gravel...longer walk

MJ178168 said:
    They do have a nice designated area for rideshare...I can't speak to how long you might have to wait or what surge pricing would be but the local uber/lyft drivers know right where to go
    Thank you!
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,913
    Kwieneke said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    Suppose you can buy premiere parking pass for a pretty penny an get out faster they claim?
    I got premium for $30 last year. day of the show and it carried over. I dont care so much now because I dont work the next day but im keeping it 
    I went for premier and was actually already parked in the lot and waiting in the GA line when the announcement was made. Luckily the pass automatically transferred over to the new date.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,324
    100 Pacer said:
    Kwieneke said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    Suppose you can buy premiere parking pass for a pretty penny an get out faster they claim?
    I got premium for $30 last year. day of the show and it carried over. I dont care so much now because I dont work the next day but im keeping it 
    I went for premier and was actually already parked in the lot and waiting in the GA line when the announcement was made. Luckily the pass automatically transferred over to the new date.
    Any idea what time the parking lots open for those in GA?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited August 8
    100 Pacer said:
    Kwieneke said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    Hard to say...they recently had parking open at 2 for a 7pm show and today parking opens at 4 for a 6pm show.

I'm not clear if they don't actually let you in the place though especially if there is a merch tent outside the venue.

They do tend to post the schedule a day before so definitely check on the 25th

edited August 8
    100 Pacer said:
    Kwieneke said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    Hard to say...they recently had parking open at 2 for a 7pm show and today parking opens at 4 for a 6pm show.

I'm not clear if they don't actually let you in the place though especially if there is a merch tent outside the venue.

Thanks Gern. Think we're planning to drive down the day of the show and back home the same night/early morning.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    100 Pacer said:
    Kwieneke said:
    pjbugs007 said:
    It wasn’t exclusive to GA holders but if I’m not mistaken the premier lot opened at ~1pm.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    Kwieneke said:
    pjbugs007 said:

Thanks Gern. Think we're planning to drive down the day of the show and back home the same night/early morning.
    gotcha...there will be plenty of info available that morning as people start to scope it out

• dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Just had a Lawn in my cart, no timer, lost it
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    PJammin said:
    Kwieneke said:
    Anyone staying at Holiday Inn Express on Tegler Dr? Curious how far it is to walk.. shows 30+ min on my map but it looks much closer than that
    It’s deceivingly long. Just did it a few weeks ago for the chili peppers. Not terrible by any means but longer than a map makes it look. 30 minutes is probably accurate
    There is a gate behind the lawn. Whenever I've stayed at this little cluster of hotels (Embassy, Holiday Inn, Wyndham)  and walked to the show I've been able to enter there before, even with pavilion seats. If that is still the case this season, it will save you a good chunk of the walk that goes through the entire main parking area. 
    It's still the case this year. However, it's a clusterfuck walking out of the venue that way after the show.

As for parking, I just parked in the back of Perkins lot for the dmb shows this year to avoid all the traffic getting out. It's a little bit of a walk, but not bad. And I'm by no means an in-shape individual. If you're going to line up for early merch (and the lots aren't open yet), there's a few industrial lots on Gelz Rd that you can probably get away with. Although, I don't recommend parking there for the show. It's a dead-end street, so you'd still have to deal with some show traffic getting out of there.
  • cmikeheltoncmikehelton Posts: 201
    PhartN said:
    Stayed there last year for the cancelled show.  It is probably 30 Minutes to the front gate.  Once you are on the venue property, it still take a while to get to the gates.  (was there last year for the show and waiting in the merch line early AM and went to the Pumpkins show the night before).  Not a terrible walk if you're used to walking...if not, may be a little long for ya.  Id say it is a waste of money to uber or try to drive and park...if thats what youre debating, then stay somewhere else for cheaper rates!  The only 2 benefits of staying that close is so you can walk and because there will be a lot of the Jamily there ands next door at the ES.  I am slo staying there again this year.  Further, they were the hotel that honored refunds for the cancelled rooms last year, so they get my props for that!

If you want a walking buddy, I may be up for that.  I plan to do early merch again, and maybe GA line if i can swing a trade for my current Sec A Row J (shameless plug).
    Not sure I'm gonna go super early.. planning to go eat before and have some drinks and then head up around 6:30ish or so. Someone says that there's a restaurant near by that has a shuttle.. if so, I may go there and catch that then walk back to the hotel after.  I'm actually at Embassy.. got my hotel mixed up. 
    "And the young, they can lose hope
    'Cause they can't see beyond today
    The wisdom that the old can't give away, hey
    Constant recoil
    Sometimes life don't leave you alone."
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    So stoked to be heading back. I’m glad I held on to the tix despite the disappointment last year. Think we are in for an incredible show. 
    Jadler said:
    So stoked to be heading back. I’m glad I held on to the tix despite the disappointment last year. Think we are in for an incredible show. 
    💯 

Just like Camden in 2022, the only shed show on tour will absolutely not be a disappointment.

So true Pacer! Wash, Oceans, HTI all played within the 1st 4 shows… gets no better!
    Cancelation make up
    2 days off before
    2 days off after

Seems like a great time to bust out 27-30 (less vocally strenuous) songs.

Make one of them a Jeff or Stone song for the song chasers as well.

• Cancelation make up
    2 days off before
    2 days off after

Seems like a great time to bust out 27-30 (less vocally strenuous) songs.

Make one of them a Jeff or Stone song for the song chasers as well.

Fingers crossed it's gonna be a show for the serious collector....
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• Make one of them a Jeff or Stone song for the song chasers as well.

Don’t Gimme No Lip would be great.
  • evedder23evedder23 Posts: 42
    Songs for Noblesville….

Wash
    Dirty Frank
    Out Of My Mind
    Black, Red, Yellow
    Blood
    Fuck Me In The Brain
    No Way
    No Jeremy version of Jeremy 
    Smile
    DTE
    Even Flow
    Get Right
    Go
    Animal
    All Night
    Habit
    Leash
    1/2 Full
    Deep
    Rats
    Bee Girl
    Given To Fly
    Whipping
    Hail, Hail
    Buckle Up
    All Those Yesterdays
    Breath
    Of the Girl
    Lukin
    RVM
    Daughter w/ tag
    Off He Goes
    Satans Bed
    Lowlight
    Rival
    STBC
    Who You Are
    4/20/02
    Why Go
    Habit

Covers….
    Devil Doll
    Fuckin’ Up
    Bleed For Me
    Ain’t Talkin’ Bout Love
    Atomic Dog
    Goin Back To Indiana
    Harvest Moon
    I Believe In Miracles 
    I’ve Got A Feeling (with Singles and Andy Wood references :)
    Kick Out The Jams
    Masters Of War
    Sonic Reducer
    Suck You Dry
    The Real Me

Dark Matter….
    Running 
    Scared Of Fear
    React, Respond
    Waiting For Stevie
    Setting Sun
    Dark Matter 
    Upper Hand

I am a doughnut - E.V.
    evedder23 said:
    Songs for Noblesville….

Wash
    Dirty Frank
    Out Of My Mind
    Black, Red, Yellow
    Blood
    Fuck Me In The Brain
    No Way
    No Jeremy version of Jeremy 
    Smile
    DTE
    Even Flow
    Get Right
    Go
    Animal
    All Night
    Habit
    Leash
    1/2 Full
    Deep
    Rats
    Bee Girl
    Given To Fly
    Whipping
    Hail, Hail
    Buckle Up
    All Those Yesterdays
    Breath
    Of the Girl
    Lukin
    RVM
    Daughter w/ tag
    Off He Goes
    Satans Bed
    Lowlight
    Rival
    STBC
    Who You Are
    4/20/02
    Why Go
    Habit

Covers….
    Devil Doll
    Fuckin’ Up
    Bleed For Me
    Ain’t Talkin’ Bout Love
    Atomic Dog
    Goin Back To Indiana
    Harvest Moon
    I Believe In Miracles 
    I’ve Got A Feeling (with Singles and Andy Wood references :)
    Kick Out The Jams
    Masters Of War
    Sonic Reducer
    Suck You Dry
    The Real Me

Dark Matter….
    Running 
    Scared Of Fear
    React, Respond
    Waiting For Stevie
    Setting Sun
    Dark Matter 
    Upper Hand

I think you are missing Down, Undone, and Parting Ways from that list
    Agreed
    I am a doughnut - E.V.
    6 hr show lol!
    I am a doughnut - E.V.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Missed out on $151 face value aisle pair!! :(

evedder23 said:
    6 hr show lol!
    🤘
    evedder23 said:
    6 hr show lol!
    Lol! An being both Ten and No Code both being released on 8/27… play both albums back to back! 😂 
  • PhartNPhartN Posts: 426
    Even in all!

I am still looking for a single GA for Indy. I will buy outright or trade a great Sec A seat. 
    1995: New Orleans, LA
    2006: Washington, D.C.
    2008: Washington, D.C.
    2010: Bristow, VA
    2013: Baltimore, MD
    2016: Hampton, VA
    2020: Baltimore, MD
    2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
    2024: Seattle, WA N1 and N2