Options

Time For A Proper Canadian Tour (like 2005/2011)

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,946
    and it's just plain too expensive to tour cross canada. the distance between cities is often double or more what it is in bigger markets in the states. 

But I still hold out hope!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    and it's just plain too expensive to tour cross canada. the distance between cities is often double or more what it is in bigger markets in the states. 

950 miles between Noblesville and Fort Worth. 

Know hope. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,818
    JimmyV said:
    St. John's
    Quebec City
    Montreal
    Ottawa
    Toronto x2
    Thunder Bay
    Regina/Saskatoon
    Calgary
    Edmonton
    Vancouver x2

Hamilton and London must be included 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,359
    mcgruff10 said:
    We need Pearl Jam to do an Under Great White Northern Lights part two.  

Yes please.
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 718
    Scratch Thunder Bay for Winnipeg 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,355
    edited September 2023
    Ryan said:
    When they’re only playing 9-12 dates over a three week leg, you’re never going to see a tour like 2005 again.  A 2005 itinerary now would take like two months for the band to complete with how many days off they take (one between each show, at least one or two days off between cities).  In 2005 they play six shows in seven nights going from Saskatoon to southern Ontario.  That would never happen now.

I think the itinerary we saw in 2011 is best-case, but as I mentioned before, Canadian dates sprinkled in with US dates, like 2013, 2016, 2022 is most likely. 
    yah, I feel like this thread is full of a lot of hope, but with the limited touring and short tours, I expect PJ will stick to larger markets while rules out large parts of Canada.  We only have so many cities over a million.  Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa?, Montreal.  It's pretty limited.

They haven't even been to Vancouver in 10 years (or 7 years if you count the Vancouver area).   It's really widdled down to Ontario and Quebec.

I think we're all just doing pie in the sky optimistic hoping here :)
  • Options
    Our metro centre in Nova Scotia has finally been taken over by Ticketmaster. And in New Brunswick last year or so has their newest arena taken over by Ticketmaster. So both provinces are finally on ticketmaster.com's search engine. More hope that bigger bands will be coming to the Maritimes. 

Crossing fingers for another Halifax to the Max experience with Pearl Jam, in 2024. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Kelowna is bigger than 100,000 and deserves a show. Tool is playing there soon, but I skipped it because of the ticket prices 
    Kelowna is just over 100,000, kind of like Nanaimo here on Vancouver Island.  That's not a super big market.  When I was working on my list, I was mostly trying to think of places that have over 250,000 people.

It's all moot though, because so much of Canada is small market. There's a reason most bands dip in from US tours to play the bigger markets only :(
    You aren’t counting West Kelowna (Westbank) which is another 40,000 or the 43,000 in Vernon all within a half hour of downtown Kelowna. The Thompson-Okanagan altogether is 631,000. It’s a bigger market than you are giving it credit for. 
  • Options
    NWOntario said:
    Would just like to point out that Thunder Bay a, is the greatest city in the world, and b, once hosted a Pearl Jam concert. I'm sitting next to the poster, and every so often I look at it and remind myself, "They really did play the arena where you learned how to skate."
    Love the hyperbole
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654

Cmon they get a 35 percent discount when they come to Canada or 30 percent lol on hotels and food etc.
  • Options
    Don’t think it costs that much more to drive 600 miles in between shows compared to 300. Whatever excess cost there is, I’m offering to cover it so that I may head from Montreal (no shows in 12 years…) to Moncton to Halifax (assuming a West => East tour). 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,946
    jefft said:

Cmon they get a 35 percent discount when they come to Canada or 30 percent lol on hotels and food etc.
    haha, excellent point!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Listened to the st John's boot yesterday.  It sure would be nice to see them across Canada again.  He did say they will be back.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,222
    I have a feeling our neighbors to the north will be well taken care of on the next tour. Hopefully sooner than later.😁
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    If it happens I'm in for a whole bunch of shows
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    joseph33 said:
    I have a feeling our neighbors to the north will be well taken care of on the next tour. Hopefully sooner than later.😁

Excellent!  B)
  • Options

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,845
    edited October 2023
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,845
    demetrios said:

(that's what she said)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    tish said:

Nice!

Halifax or Moncton getting a show would be amazing  
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited October 2023
    tish said:

Deadly… how do I add that question mark to my handle… 🤔
    Be a nod to another of my all time favs, them Irish rockers Therapy? who opened for FurnaceFace at the Rev in Edmonton in ‘94 I want to say. Easily the best band that night. 

@tish you got it right… in that neck of the woods 👍
  • Options
    tish said:

Excellent! :) 
  • Options
    Back to the top.
  • Options

• Options
    jefft said:
    Back to the top.

• Options
    QOTSA are doing it in 2024, all in just the month of April.

How about PJ Canadian Tour for the month of .. https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297665/the-official-2024-tour-rumor-thread ...   April too? Seeing that Pearl Jam are rumoured to play Vancouver first week of May.

• Options

• Options

• Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,030
    Maybe in 2025.  With only Vancouver rumoured for 2024, and lots of US dates, maybe they do 8-10 shows in Canada and South America in 2025.  
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago