Options

Time For A Proper Canadian Tour (like 2005/2011)

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,083
    Ryan said:
    Tough thing with doing full Canadian tour is they’ve mixed in a few major markets in Canada in 2016 and 2022.  Probably more likely to see a few Canadian dates get mixed in like those tours, and 2013.

It's ok. If they can't play Atlantic Canada, us Maritimers don't mind traveling to Quebec or Ontario. 
  • Options
    jefftjefft Posts: 654
    demetrios said:
    Ryan said:
    Tough thing with doing full Canadian tour is they’ve mixed in a few major markets in Canada in 2016 and 2022.  Probably more likely to see a few Canadian dates get mixed in like those tours, and 2013.

It's ok. If they can't play Atlantic Canada, us Maritimers don't mind traveling to Quebec or Ontario. 
    I'd like it if it was in Atlantic Canada.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,893
    My wife and I have always wanted to visit the Maritimes. A PJ tour would be a great nudge!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,919
    jefft said:
    demetrios said:
    Ryan said:

Same!
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:
    demetrios said:
    Ryan said:

Same!
    1000% We need Atlantic stops!
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    ReleaseMe said:
    PJNB said:
    jefft said:
    demetrios said:
    Ryan said:

Same!
    1000% We need Atlantic stops!

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,813
    This is long overdue 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 278
    They would still skip Montreal. 
  • Options
    southp said:
    They would still skip Montreal. 

Hope not. Their last show in 2011 at the Bell Centre was AWESOME!!! Next tour they should totally Bell Centre or ... The Montreal Olympic Stadium.

Metallica played there a few weeks back. Imagine seeing Pearl Jam play there?

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,970
    This would be awesome. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I was at the Metalica shows at the Olympic Stadium and really hope PJ never plays there. The sound was decent enough down on the floor but it’s just sooo echoey in there. Metallica was a whole “experience” with the lights, stage, no repeat weekend, etc so that’s what you expect, but the acoustics are so bad. 
  • Options
    southp said:
    I was at the Metalica shows at the Olympic Stadium and really hope PJ never plays there. The sound was decent enough down on the floor but it’s just sooo echoey in there. Metallica was a whole “experience” with the lights, stage, no repeat weekend, etc so that’s what you expect, but the acoustics are so bad. 

Ah, then a pass.

• Options
    Let's stick with the Maritimes tour!  I would love an excuse for a nice road trip through Atlantic Canada.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,787
    While I can't see them doing exactly what they did in 2005, it would be awesome if it was more of those types of locations.  I was fortunate to invade your country for my first show in 1996 and the first of the run I did in 1998 (Barrie), was able to Montreal in 2003 and then again in 2005 with Ottawa, made my way to London in 2013 and then finally back by way of Quebec City in 22 with Ottawa.

Would love to see them go back to some of the smaller cities they played in 2005 and hit them up.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    southp said:
    Let's stick with the Maritimes tour!  I would love an excuse for a nice road trip through Atlantic Canada.

Ah yeah!!  B)

• Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    Maritimes, maritimes, maritimes!
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,682
    edited September 2023
    An actual, proper, tour.   Anywhere.  This would be great.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I always wanted to go to Canada. St John was going to be my first trip away to see pj but I didn't do it last min. Big regret 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    edited September 2023
    If they're going to play St. John then it would be amazing to see a show on the complete opposite side of the country in Victoria.

I still think we're too small market for it to happen, but I would crap my pants if they played here.  I think our Arena only holds about 7000 people if you sell the entire floor and side/behind stage tickets.

With a band that plays small tours.. I'm not sure what the odds are of them play a venue that small.

I still haven't gotten over the fact Foo Fighters were booked to play here before Taylor Hawkins passed away.   I never expected them to play our small Arena, I was so stoked we were getting a show here, and we had floor tickets.   Then the double whammy of him passing away, and the show getting cancelled :(

Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Was it 05 they played st.john?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Zod said:
    If they're going to play St. John then it would be amazing to see a show on the complete opposite side of the country in Victoria.

I still think we're too small market for it to happen, but I would crap my pants if they played here.  I think our Arena only holds about 7000 people if you sell the entire floor and side/behind stage tickets.

With a band that plays small tours.. I'm not sure what the odds are of them play a venue that small.

I still haven't gotten over the fact Foo Fighters were booked to play here before Taylor Hawkins passed away.   I never expected them to play our small Arena, I was so stoked we were getting a show here, and we had floor tickets.   Then the double whammy of him passing away, and the show getting cancelled :(

you never know. The Hip could sell out $15,000 seaters and they played there. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    WhoAreWeWhoAreWe Ottawa CAN Posts: 23
    The highways across-Canada are hot garbage. 
  • Options
    trans canada is fine. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JseeteenakJseeteenak Baker Lake, Nunavut, Canada Posts: 91
    I would definitely try and hit majority of the tour.
  • Options
    Would be my first full month away from work ever. 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    Zod said:

you never know. The Hip could sell out $15,000 seaters and they played there. 
    That's true, but the hip had limited options. They weren't that big outside Canada, so playing a 7000 seat Arena in Victoria was better than playing a theatre in Seattle or a bar in Illinois :) If they stuck to 15000+ seaters they would of only every played Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Kingston, Montreal, and Quebec City?  They sort of had to go smaller to have some other places to play.  PJ doesn't really need to do that, they can play venues that size in North America, Europe, Australia, South America, even bigger venues in many of those places.

In regards to PJ, and the slim chance they play here one day, I used to think we'd make a good warm up show city.  Sort of like the London 2013 show. We're 130km/80miles from Seattle, it's nice here, our Arena is small but decent, and we love a good live show :)  It's too bad they don't really do warmup shows anymore :(

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2023
    Foo Fighters were going to play Penticton. Much smaller venue than Victoria. I think it seats about 5,000 for hockey

Edit - just read a sold out concert is 6400 and change at the South Okanagan Event Centre (SOEC).  Perfect venue for a PJ show. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    Foo Fighters were going to play Penticton. Much smaller venue than Victoria. I think it seats about 5,000 for hockey

Edit - just read a sold out concert is 6400 and change at the South Okanagan Event Centre (SOEC).  Perfect venue for a PJ show. 

Yah I'm not sure what lead the Foo Fighters to decide to play the smaller cities/venues in our province.

I also think any venue is a perfect venue for PJ to play, but the question is when they play 9 dates a year, are they going to play venues that small?  I sort of think it's a pipe dream they'd play Victoria (or in your case Penticton), but damn would it be cool.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2023
    I’m sure it was a pipe dream for the Foo Fighters fans… only snuffed out by TH’s death. 
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 272
    If you just look at history since 2018, there are some gaping holes in the North American map.  

Assuming there is at least a portion of 2024 devoted to International dates, let’s pretend and hope there are 20 ish stops in North America.  The PNW in both the US and Canada are due for at least 3-4 shows.  Maybe you do a 2 night kickoff in Seattle, then hit Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg.  It also appears the rust belt is likely to see 3-4 shows, so you go from Winnipeg to Indy, then maybe hit Detroit, Columbus, Pittsburgh.  You could swing towards Montreal, Quebec City, I think from there you would want to try and knock out a couple shows in the Boston/Philly area, then hit Atlanta, New Orleans, then wrapping up with make up stops in Vegas and Sacramento.  

Gets you to about 20 shows, covers a ton of geography and fills in a lot of holes that have existed for too long.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24
    Noblesville 8-26-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22