rival9500 said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:
    Here’s the reply I got from Tickets Today:

Thank you for contacting us.

To level the playing field, ticket requests are fulfilled in a randomized selection process while still considering show priority.

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Ticketstoday Customer Care

Has anyone ever contacted Customer Service, specifically, the complaints/non customer retention department???

"Esmeralda" is likely half way across the world and has no f'n clue what's actually happening.

She only knows what her management team tells her to say.

Anybody who's ever called a complaints department knows how/where these departments are typically staffed and how little authority/knowledge they likely have on actual issues.
    Don't take it out on CSRs.  They read scripts.  Email the Ten Club.  The error is theirs or the error of their contractor.
    This is from ten club:

Hello Matthew,

Confirmation emails are still being sent out. You should have the information by the end of the day today. This email will state what show(s) you are confirmed for and your seat location(s). You will also receive instructions in a separate email to claim your tickets from Ticketmaster/TicketsToday.

You should also receive and email if you were not confirmed. We encourage you to register for Verified Fan by the end of day today, 5pm PT. If you have more questions, contact Ticketmaster here: tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com

Thank you,

Ten Club

Is that from yesterday? 

Verified Fan closed unless they reopened it.

That's super helpful though.

Thanks for sharing!
    This was in 7:30 Eastern time once it was clear what was happening.
    Sorry 7:30 pm EST yesterday or 7:30am EST today?

I assume 7:30pm EST yesterday which would be 4:30pm PST (aka you have 30 minutes), yeah?
  • brewdog123brewdog123 Posts: 649
    other bands pull off ticket lotteries very easily. PJ doesn't give AF
    That's not true...they give AF that's why they TRY to get as many fans as possible into the shows.....
    It appears you are wrong
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    So I asked this in the other thread....

I used a card that had a zero balance, but only has a credit limit of $900.  My original charge was $661.   Its still pending....so they said it will be refunded and then charged again....will that bring me over the credit limit before the refund can be applied?  And if so, will they allow me to use a different card?

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • rival9500rival9500 Posts: 570
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:

To level the playing field, ticket requests are fulfilled in a randomized selection process while still considering show priority.

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Has anyone ever contacted Customer Service, specifically, the complaints/non customer retention department???

"Esmeralda" is likely half way across the world and has no f'n clue what's actually happening.

Anybody who's ever called a complaints department knows how/where these departments are typically staffed and how little authority/knowledge they likely have on actual issues.
    Don't take it out on CSRs.  They read scripts.  Email the Ten Club.  The error is theirs or the error of their contractor.
    This is from ten club:

Hello Matthew,

Confirmation emails are still being sent out. You should have the information by the end of the day today. This email will state what show(s) you are confirmed for and your seat location(s). You will also receive instructions in a separate email to claim your tickets from Ticketmaster/TicketsToday.

You should also receive and email if you were not confirmed. We encourage you to register for Verified Fan by the end of day today, 5pm PT. If you have more questions, contact Ticketmaster here: tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com

Thank you,

Ten Club

Is that from yesterday? 

Thanks for sharing!

I assume 7:30pm EST yesterday which would be 4:30pm PST (aka you have 30 minutes), yeah?
    Yesterday evening.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    know1 said:
    The change they made this time that I didn't like was combining GA and Reserved and allowing all of the choices for a show to be a single priority. 

I was not in favor of that at all and even though I'm not a data analyst or the one writing the algorithm for this, in my head it felt like that would make this process very muddled and I wondered how they could possibly pull off a drawing like that. And then you throw priority of member numbers into the mix and it just seems like a big mess.

They should have kept it like it was - each seat choice should have been a separate priority. So if you want to try for GA, you use up a priority choice for that. 

Effectively, you were just choosing a show this time and indicating whether GA was acceptable or not. It lumped a lot of people into big buckets vs separating them out as before.
    I like this change, so you can pick GA but still have a good chance at getting reserved. Before, you could waste your top priority and lose and then have a higher chance of not getting anything. Now, I'll say I like this in theory. How it actually worked was FUBAR.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    edited April 2023
    mattcoz said:
    know1 said:
    The change they made this time that I didn't like was combining GA and Reserved and allowing all of the choices for a show to be a single priority. 

I was not in favor of that at all and even though I'm not a data analyst or the one writing the algorithm for this, in my head it felt like that would make this process very muddled and I wondered how they could possibly pull off a drawing like that. And then you throw priority of member numbers into the mix and it just seems like a big mess.

They should have kept it like it was - each seat choice should have been a separate priority. So if you want to try for GA, you use up a priority choice for that. 

Effectively, you were just choosing a show this time and indicating whether GA was acceptable or not. It lumped a lot of people into big buckets vs separating them out as before.
    I like this change, so you can pick GA but still have a good chance at getting reserved. Before, you could waste your top priority and lose and then have a higher chance of not getting anything. Now, I'll say I like this in theory. How it actually worked was FUBAR.
    I guess the reason you like it is the reason I don't like it. It should be a bit of a gamble to go for GA. Now it's not at all. 

I guarantee there will be a lot more Reserved tickets offered in the Fan 2 Fan exchange this time due to those people who want "GA or bust", but were now automatically in for reserved. 
    Post edited by know1 on
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Vedd Hedd said:
    So I asked this in the other thread....

I used a card that had a zero balance, but only has a credit limit of $900.  My original charge was $661.   Its still pending....so they said it will be refunded and then charged again....will that bring me over the credit limit before the refund can be applied?  And if so, will they allow me to use a different card?

Wish I could answer that.........might want to call the credit card and ask or get limit increased now.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    rival9500 said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

This is from ten club:

Hello Matthew,

Thank you,

Ten Club

Is that from yesterday? 

Thanks for sharing!

Yesterday evening.
    thank you!
  • jwhjr17 said:
    Hahaha! No they don’t. At the end of the day, it’s just concert tix. Not life and death. They can issue an apology that things got screwy and move on. Just like Taylor Swift. 
    Exactly.  For a fan base of supposed adults, the whining and entitlement is astonishing.  In the end if you want to go and put in effort you can get tickets even if you don't "win" them in the lottery.
    I can't  possibly be the only person who understands the premise of a "lottery"?

This is really the bottom line. There is more demand for tickets than there are tickets available. No matter how you do this, lottery, priority, Ten number, free for all, there will be a large number of people shut out because, again, more demand than available tickets. I have missed out on lottery year after year. Finally hit this year. I got lucky, whereas for past tours, I was not lucky. Unfortunately, in attempting to reward long time fans, PJ has created an entitled faction of fans who think they deserve tickets because they first saw PJ in a certain year or because they joined a club before other people joined that club. I saw them in 1994, but didn't sign up for TC until well into the 2000s. I don't deserve tickets more than someone who has never seen them and signed up for TC last month.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    wiscojam said:
    I may be wrong here but I don’t recall mention of there being a show priority to the selections being made. Didn’t people just request whatever shows they wanted and it did not include choice #1, #2, etc? 
    There were two steps. First, you choose the shows. Then, after that, you ranked them by priority. Maybe you didn't complete the second step? If so, well, you might be completely out of luck. I've done that with other things before, really sucks.
  • Haveb't been shut out since telephone booking.  A friend with way higher number got Indy and Austen.  Bummed. 10C number in 280ks.
    "I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me."
  • TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 547
    Today is a meatball sub kinda day! 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    we can always eat our feelings. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    jwhjr17 said:
    Hahaha! No they don’t. At the end of the day, it’s just concert tix. Not life and death. They can issue an apology that things got screwy and move on. Just like Taylor Swift. 
    Exactly.  For a fan base of supposed adults, the whining and entitlement is astonishing.  In the end if you want to go and put in effort you can get tickets even if you don't "win" them in the lottery.
    I can't  possibly be the only person who understands the premise of a "lottery"?

This is really the bottom line. There is more demand for tickets than there are tickets available. No matter how you do this, lottery, priority, Ten number, free for all, there will be a large number of people shut out because, again, more demand than available tickets. I have missed out on lottery year after year. Finally hit this year. I got lucky, whereas for past tours, I was not lucky. Unfortunately, in attempting to reward long time fans, PJ has created an entitled faction of fans who think they deserve tickets because they first saw PJ in a certain year or because they joined a club before other people joined that club. I saw them in 1994, but didn't sign up for TC until well into the 2000s. I don't deserve tickets more than someone who has never seen them and signed up for TC last month.
    All that makes sense.  I've won some over the years and lost some.  I don't believe I'm entitled to tickets.  The main issue that most seem to have is seeing people with shows as priority 2 and 3 getting tickets over people with priority 1.  And the whole seniority thing being a total disaster.  But hey, other than that everything was great!
  • superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 399
    JimmyV said:

This is why I went to KFC yesterday. I felt like absolute shit about all this.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,693
    JimmyV said:
    Left over pizza from last night for lunch today, but a meatball sub sounds good.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    JimmyV said:
    https://rotatingsandwiches.com/

You're welcome
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,808
    With all of the current uncertainty with this tour/ticketing, the ONLY thing that IS certain is that you will get no explanation or clarification from 10C about it
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    There should be communication from Tim Bierman, or someone in band management above Tim Bierman. 

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,652
    They should hire Robert Smith as a spokesperson.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    JimmyV said:
    There should be communication from Tim Bierman, or someone in band management above Tim Bierman. 
    Last comment heard from him was when Nikki Sixx said PJ wasn't good...I think.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    edited April 2023
    oops wrong quote. deleted
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    JimmyV said:
    a geologist running the business enterprise.  It all makes sense now.  
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    JimmyV said:
    Hahaha haha.
    Yeah right.  
    Accountability?  
  • fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    I had chicago night 1 as priority 1 and night 2 as priority 2. Totally shut out, yet people who had them as priority 6,7,8,9 etc got them. Ridiculous 
    think I'll throw these pills away...
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,246
    Oh boy. They really fucked this up!

Facts:
    1. Lawn for Indy not drawn yet. 
    Some people with p2 and higher were drawn in front of people with p1 for the same show with the same options selected. 
    3. Seniority seating based on 10c number was not honored (this has been acknowledged)

I don’t know how they can fix all this without a LOT of people getting really upset. I know they probably can’t do an entire redo but I for one would be ok starting over. And I won all my shows!  I put in for:
    P1 Indy (all options checked)
    P2 St. Paul night 2 (all options)
    P3 St. Paul night 1 (all options)

Its fucked up that I won all 3 when others had exact options selected for St. Paul but had them as their P1 and didn’t win. There’s no way I should’ve been selected before those P1 s for St. Paul. 

Any way you slice it people are going to be apprehensive about the 10c ticketing system going forward after this debacle. I don’t understand how they could have fucked it up this bad. I hope everyone events gets in the building for the shows they wanted. Good luck everyone. 
  • MomadanceMomadance Posts: 52
    I only put in for St. Paul night 2. Have a 5 digit 10c number. Not a word about anything.

• plcayeaplcayea Posts: 2
    edited April 2023
    No tickets for me. I have never not gotten tickets through the lottery. Bummer. 
    Post edited by plcayea on