Ten Club has some explaining to do

Comments

• Ah, didn't get. Even checked junk. My apologies. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    pdalowsky said:
    why do these things always become such a shit show? Come tour time we can always pretty much guarantee some drama.....but then when you have to work with ticketmaster all bets are off. Strikes me however that despite how unpopular it might be, that given the complexity with the ticket markets these days that seniority in the fanclub might be best done away with. Seniority isnt a concern of mine and never has been being in Europe and I imagine those with low numbers are very attached to it for obvious reasons but I guess times change. 

Although i do imagine also a ton of annual membership fees are inextricably linked to that seniority 
    It would be a revenue killer for 10c :)

How many people renew every year so they don't lose seniority.  If there's no seniority, you can just sub when the rumours fire up about a tour in your area.

Every other band fan club I've joined, I'd sub to get tickets, then unsub the next year.   Except maybe u2 where sometimes I stick around because they have cool annual gifts.

But yah.. I think 10c would be reluctant because it would remove the need to stay subbed every year, and I think our dues keep them afloat?
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    Got to be TM issue surely?

We still use the old system in Europe and it seems to be relatively issue free
  • Raise membership costs, cut benefits, use Ticketmaster for 10C lotteries.  THEY DO NOT FUCKING CARE 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Love the band. Have longstanding doubts about the business. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • BC62528BC62528 Posts: 210
    If only the purchasing of tickets (which is really the only reason most of us belong - is for the live shows) could be as smoothe as the processing on my credit card when I buy worthless PJ view masters - there never seems to be a problem with that.  Oddly they still have not mastered the one thing that matters most to the fan base...Buying Tickets to see the band....Is it really that complicated in 2023?  I would sign-up for camping out at a Strawberry's all day long over this process.
  • rival9500rival9500 Posts: 570
    Here’s the reply I got from Tickets Today:

Thank you for contacting us.

To level the playing field, ticket requests are fulfilled in a randomized selection process while still considering show priority.

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Ticketstoday Customer Care

1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
    rival9500 said:

To level the playing field, ticket requests are fulfilled in a randomized selection process while still considering show priority.

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Does that make any sense? Lol 
  • Hahaha! No they don’t. At the end of the day, it’s just concert tix. Not life and death. They can issue an apology that things got screwy and move on. Just like Taylor Swift. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,987
    Hahaha! No they don’t. At the end of the day, it’s just concert tix. Not life and death. They can issue an apology that things got screwy and move on. Just like Taylor Swift. 
    Exactly.  For a fan base of supposed adults, the whining and entitlement is astonishing.  In the end if you want to go and put in effort you can get tickets even if you don't "win" them in the lottery.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago
    riley540 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Here was my email to them:

Hello,

I am greatly disappointed because I only chose one show (St. Paul 8/31) GA/RES. I got nothing but see people getting tickets for this who had it as their 3rd, 4th, and 5th choice/priority. Shouldn’t 1st priority get tix before them? Please help me understand or is something messed up with the system. Thanks very much.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

There it is in plain English.  For all of those that said the lottery dismisses priority (i.e. 9th pick has same odds as 1st pick), please explain...

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
    rival9500 said:
    riley540 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Here was my email to them:

Hello,

I am greatly disappointed because I only chose one show (St. Paul 8/31) GA/RES. I got nothing but see people getting tickets for this who had it as their 3rd, 4th, and 5th choice/priority. Shouldn’t 1st priority get tix before them? Please help me understand or is something messed up with the system. Thanks very much.

I picked the same selection and show as you. My only pick. Also didn’t get picked. I also saw people with it as their 5th choice getting tickets. Something got messed up this time for sure! 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,430
    riley540 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

She might as well have said..."Thank you for contacting us but FUCK YOU"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Likely a script response that they are told to provide.
    bbiggs said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

There it is in plain English.  For all of those that said the lottery dismisses priority (i.e. 9th pick has same odds as 1st pick), please explain...

In fairness, it says considering.

I could consider something all day and still arrive at an inconsistent result, you know?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Likely a script response that they are told to provide.
    Of course.
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,400
    edited April 2023
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

They are just copying and pasting now.  Because the first people I talked to couldn't even type that out.  Our emails are just being forwarded to China/India.  They don't have a clue.

Our best bet is to get on the phone if you have some time and want actual answers.  Probably need to go full Karen and demand the manager.
    Ticketstoday: 1-800-594-8499
    Post edited by jimjam1982 on
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Has anyone ever contacted Customer Service, specifically, the complaints/non customer retention department???

"Esmeralda" is likely half way across the world and has no f'n clue what's actually happening.

She only knows what her management team tells her to say.

Anybody who's ever called a complaints department knows how/where these departments are typically staffed and how little authority/knowledge they likely have on actual issues.
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    jwhjr17 said:
    Hahaha! No they don’t. At the end of the day, it’s just concert tix. Not life and death. They can issue an apology that things got screwy and move on. Just like Taylor Swift. 
    Exactly.  For a fan base of supposed adults, the whining and entitlement is astonishing.  In the end if you want to go and put in effort you can get tickets even if you don't "win" them in the lottery.
    Sorry but I think fans are entitled to the process being run the way in which it was described prior to the start of the lottery. Based on results we are seeing that is clearly not the case in some instances. 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Has anyone ever contacted Customer Service, specifically, the complaints/non customer retention department???

"Esmeralda" is likely half way across the world and has no f'n clue what's actually happening.

Anybody who's ever called a complaints department knows how/where these departments are typically staffed and how little authority/knowledge they likely have on actual issues.
    Don't take it out on CSRs.  They read scripts.  Email the Ten Club.  The error is theirs or the error of their contractor.
  • BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    100 Pacer said:
    I hope Texas seat assignments are reviewed as well because Austin tickets appear to suffer the same incorrect seniority error.
    ^^^ This.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
    edited April 2023
    CopperTom said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

Don't take it out on CSRs.  They read scripts.  Email the Ten Club.  The error is theirs or the error of their contractor.
    That's what I'm getting at, they don't know anything or have any authority, so you might as well not even ask them, though I get why people did.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    jwhjr17 said:
    I can't  possibly be the only person who understands the premise of a "lottery"?
    CopperTom said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

This is from ten club:

Hello Matthew,

Confirmation emails are still being sent out. You should have the information by the end of the day today. This email will state what show(s) you are confirmed for and your seat location(s). You will also receive instructions in a separate email to claim your tickets from Ticketmaster/TicketsToday.

You should also receive and email if you were not confirmed. We encourage you to register for Verified Fan by the end of day today, 5pm PT. If you have more questions, contact Ticketmaster here: tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com

Thank you,

Ten Club

rival9500 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

This is from ten club:

Hello Matthew,

Confirmation emails are still being sent out. You should have the information by the end of the day today. This email will state what show(s) you are confirmed for and your seat location(s). You will also receive instructions in a separate email to claim your tickets from Ticketmaster/TicketsToday.

You should also receive and email if you were not confirmed. We encourage you to register for Verified Fan by the end of day today, 5pm PT. If you have more questions, contact Ticketmaster here: tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com

Thank you,

Ten Club

Is that from yesterday? 

Verified Fan closed unless they reopened it.

That's super helpful though.

Thanks for sharing!
    edited April 2023
    BeerBaron said:
    100 Pacer said:
    I hope Texas seat assignments are reviewed as well because Austin tickets appear to suffer the same incorrect seniority error.
    ^^^ This.
    They said seniority was the issue for the shows in the Midwest, but I don't think it is, at least not the primary issue.

The issue is priority 1 being unfufilled, which they couldn't fix without redoing all the seats, hence why Texas isn't getting redone.

It was likely labeled as seniority so that they don't get into a situation where if someone has priority 1 or 2 unfufilled, they aren't back into a corner of, how come P3 P4, P5 got it, and I didn't, etc.  

My guess is they will do everything posible to accomdate all of the P1s.

They fixed the priority issue between the time that they halted the midwest assignments and started Texas reserved assignments.
    Post edited by Doug87 on
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

This is from ten club:

Hello Matthew,

Thank you,

Ten Club

Is that from yesterday? 

Verified Fan closed unless they reopened it.

That's super helpful though.

Thanks for sharing!
    This was in 7:30 Eastern time once it was clear what was happening.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    rival9500 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Doug87 said:
    rival9500 said:

Sincerely, Esmeralda

This is from ten club:

Hello Matthew,

Thank you,

Ten Club

Interesting... a lot of "should"'s that should be "will"'s ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,633
    other bands pull off ticket lotteries very easily. PJ doesn't give AF
    That's not true...they give AF that's why they TRY to get as many fans as possible into the shows.....