Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:
    There's an easy way to see how platinum seats have impacted our seat locations: Indiana.

As opposed to all other shows on this tour, the seats project from the stage in a more straight forward manner. There's much less room for argument about which seats are actually best. Start closest to the stage, and move backward. Whereas, in an arena you could argue that floor seats are best, or that seats on the sides are best. You could argue that balcony seats are better than lower level seats if the balcony section is closer to the stage. Noblesville simplifies the matter. Start front and work back. 

Take membership numbers into consideration, and divide the seats into quarters or thirds. There will always be variables and unknowns, but I think it paints a picture.

Not an accurate representation due to smaller sample size: only 7,000 reserved seats with up to 10% allocated for Premium leaves 6,300 reserved seats up for grabs in a lottery where you have how many tens of thousands entering?
    Respectfully I disagree. Small sample? Sure, but it's still a sample that should be filled with a variety of 10c numbers.

Tens of thousands? Not likely. The last credible information I heard was 60 - 70k active 10c members. A third of ALL active members put in for Indiana seats? Not likely. I'd be surprised if 10k did.

It stands to reason that lots of folks with high membership numbers woul've put in for GA/Res. Therefore, lots of people who are 300xxx and higher should have also won seating. Old-timers and newbies alike should have representation in the Ruoff seats.  
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    3days said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:
    There's an easy way to see how platinum seats have impacted our seat locations: Indiana.

As opposed to all other shows on this tour, the seats project from the stage in a more straight forward manner. There's much less room for argument about which seats are actually best. Start closest to the stage, and move backward. Whereas, in an arena you could argue that floor seats are best, or that seats on the sides are best. You could argue that balcony seats are better than lower level seats if the balcony section is closer to the stage. Noblesville simplifies the matter. Start front and work back. 

Take membership numbers into consideration, and divide the seats into quarters or thirds. There will always be variables and unknowns, but I think it paints a picture.

Not an accurate representation due to smaller sample size: only 7,000 reserved seats with up to 10% allocated for Premium leaves 6,300 reserved seats up for grabs in a lottery where you have how many tens of thousands entering?
    Respectfully I disagree. Small sample? Sure, but it's still a sample that should be filled with a variety of 10c numbers.

Tens of thousands? Not likely. The last credible information I heard was 60 - 70k active 10c members. A third of ALL active members put in for Indiana seats? Not likely. I'd be surprised if 10k did.

It stands to reason that lots of folks with high membership numbers woul've put in for GA/Res. Therefore, lots of people who are 300xxx and higher should have also won seating. Old-timers and newbies alike should have representation in the Ruoff seats.  
    60-70k? Where’d you see that? A low estimate would be 200k
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895
    3days said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:

Was it a decade ago (or longer?) that Tim went on the record to confirm 250,000 active 10C members (which was understood to be consistent renewals). That number is, rough estimate here, at least 350,000 active 10C members renewing year in year out. How did you arrive at your figure? 

Noblesville will be filled with a variety of 10C numbers but with fewer seats overall your representation is skewed. More accurate sample size would be comparing arenas at play with priors where Premium was also a factor.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • pjallipjalli Posts: 131
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    marcPJfan said:
    I’d email the 10c.  No way they don’t make this right.
    I did, look at this response. I replied to ask them to look into my member number, no further response...
    Who defines which seats are the "best"? It's all subjective. Think of the VIP section at some festivals. VIP bleachers are about a mile from the stage and supposedly have "premium sightlines", whereas standard tickets have free access to the areas closer to the stage. If 10C decided that the best seats are farther away because it's a nice view of the whole stage and the sound is better than being up close, then a 200-section seat in Austin for a senior member is indeed an "accurate seniority-based seating assignment." 
    You are seriously telling me that the back of the section the absolute farthest from the stage would be where the seniority should start? Come on. This has to be sarcasm right?
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:

Was it a decade ago (or longer?) that Tim went on the record to confirm 250,000 active 10C members (which was understood to be consistent renewals). That number is, rough estimate here, at least 350,000 active 10C members renewing year in year out. How did you arrive at your figure? 

Noblesville will be filled with a variety of 10C numbers but with fewer seats overall your representation is skewed. More accurate sample size would be comparing arenas at play with priors where Premium was also a factor.
    You're probably right on active memberships. I may have heard it wrong, or remembered the number wrong.

That being said, I still doubt that tens of thousands of 10c members submitted for Indiana seats. If the number requesting was 30,000, that would mean that less than 1/3 of us won Indiana seats... which doesn't look congruent to the anecdotal stuff. Awful lot of people claiming victory with such poor odds.

Skewed? Who's to say. The seats could be an almost perfectly varied representation. The problem with arenas is that it's much harder to determine which seats are better. 

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    edited May 2023
    pjalli said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    marcPJfan said:
    I did, look at this response. I replied to ask them to look into my member number, no further response...
    Who defines which seats are the "best"? It's all subjective. Think of the VIP section at some festivals. VIP bleachers are about a mile from the stage and supposedly have "premium sightlines", whereas standard tickets have free access to the areas closer to the stage. If 10C decided that the best seats are farther away because it's a nice view of the whole stage and the sound is better than being up close, then a 200-section seat in Austin for a senior member is indeed an "accurate seniority-based seating assignment." 
    You are seriously telling me that the back of the section the absolute farthest from the stage would be where the seniority should start? Come on. This has to be sarcasm right?
    I'm not saying should. I'm saying it's possible because there's a lack of transparency and clear guidelines. All we know is that seniority gets priority. How they decide to rank each seat in the arena from best to worst is a complete mystery and could be very subjective. Meaning your assignment could be accurate based on the "best-seat" rankings of whoever came up with them, even if most people would disagree with that person's subjective ranking system. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895
    3days said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:

You're probably right on active memberships. I may have heard it wrong, or remembered the number wrong.

That being said, I still doubt that tens of thousands of 10c members submitted for Indiana seats. If the number requesting was 30,000, that would mean that less than 1/3 of us won Indiana seats... which doesn't look congruent to the anecdotal stuff. Awful lot of people claiming victory with such poor odds.

Skewed? Who's to say. The seats could be an almost perfectly varied representation. The problem with arenas is that it's much harder to determine which seats are better. 

A friend and fellow board member mentioned this anecdotally: a group consisting of 20 people each entered for Noblesville but only 2 won.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:

A friend and fellow board member mentioned this anecdotally: a group consisting of 20 people each entered for Noblesville but only 2 won.
    20 friendlies individually entered for reserved seating, and only 2 people won reserved. As crazy as it sounds, such things can happen. Just like it might've been dumb luck that I won. 

But I'd also ask questions like: Did all parties enter correctly? Did all parties mark both or one option for reserved seats? Did any of the aforementioned win GA? Were all 18 completely shut out from Indiana, or did any win lawn? Was anyone asked to resubmit? If so, was there credit card declined (as mine was once).
    edited May 2023
    Sorry, duplicate post
    Post edited by 3days on
  • mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 148
    edited May 2023
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:

Thank you for the comment @100 Pacer I've been sitting here fuming since Friday:
    (Indy Priority 1, only show requested)
    First draw - Sec H, Row S, Seats 15&16
    Second draw - Sec H, Row W, Seats 46&47...about as far right as you can get
    532XXX
    I knew with my high number I wasn't going to get A/B/C or even F for that matter...so I felt good about the first draw. But now, more than likely, I won't be able to see Stone or Boom. I've seen DMB there several times in A/B/C but have been in their FC for 20+ years. Your comment just reiterated the fact that I should be happy I got anything at all.
    Out of curiosity, buddy requested noblesville priority one ga/res.  Does anyone know of another member with that ranking getting nothing?  More than 3000ish people got selected over him? Did the 20 something all have priority one?
    Post edited by mookieb14 on
    edited May 2023
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    marcPJfan said:
    I'm not saying should. I'm saying it's possible because there's a lack of transparency and clear guidelines. All we know is that seniority gets priority. How they decide to rank each seat in the arena from best to worst is a complete mystery and could be very subjective. Meaning your assignment could be accurate based on the "best-seat" rankings of whoever came up with them, even if most people would disagree with that person's subjective ranking system. 
    You can't possibly believe what you just wrote, I'm sorry, but you can't. It's complete nonsense. That would mean all the people who got 100 level near the stage have worse seats than I have, the section the highest and farthest from the stage in the back of the section. By no measure could that ever make any sense. Obviously a mistake was made and i can't seem to get any customer service to help rectify it, but let's not sit here and make pretend that this was done right.
    Post edited by pjalli on
    edited May 2023

Post edited by pjalli on
    Sorry duplicate 
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    mookieb14 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:

Thank you for the comment @100 Pacer I've been sitting here fuming since Friday:
    532XXX
    I knew with my high number I wasn't going to get A/B/C or even F for that matter...so I felt good about the first draw. But now, more than likely, I won't be able to see Stone or Boom. I've seen DMB there several times in A/B/C but have been in their FC for 20+ years. Your comment just reiterated the fact that I should be happy I got anything at all.
    Out of curiosity, buddy requested noblesville priority one ga/res.  Does anyone know of another member with that ranking getting nothing?  More than 3000ish people got selected over him? Did the 20 something all have priority one?
    Yes, my friend had IND GA/Reserved and Reserved as her #1 priority and got nothing. It wasn’t an entry or credit card issue because she did get her 2nd and 3rd shows. TM fucked this up royally. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    marcPJfan said:
    You're too sharp for this not to just be piling on someone who is already severely bummed out. In 25-30 years of seniority seating this is not how it's worked. If they were testing this delightful new theory there would be waves of people reporting this. But you know all that.
  • mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 148
    mookieb14 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:

532XXX
    Yes, my friend had IND GA/Reserved and Reserved as her #1 priority and got nothing. It wasn’t an entry or credit card issue because she did get her 2nd and 3rd shows. TM fucked this up royally. 
    Feeling the same way. Unless there really were more 1st priority requests for seats than there were available seats?  If this is the case, no one with lower priority ranking should have gotten seats to Indy 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    mookieb14 said:
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:

532XXX
    That sucks. I got Indy with my 2nd priority, picking the same way. That shouldn't have happened if some with 1st priorities didnt get tickets.
  • I requested Indy Reserved only and didn’t get them.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    edited May 2023
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    marcPJfan said:
    You're too sharp for this not to just be piling on someone who is already severely bummed out. In 25-30 years of seniority seating this is not how it's worked. If they were testing this delightful new theory there would be waves of people reporting this. But you know all that.
    If it's legitimately a mistake, it should be rectified and there's still four months to find the right person who can fix it. So "piling on" is a little dramatic. I'm just pointing out that we're relying on assumptions about what are the best seats, but there's a lack of transparency about how that is determined. You're assuming it's still being done the way it's been done for 25-30 years, but given TM's growing influence on the entire process, it's plausible that the folks who were in charge of seniority seating for the past 25-30 years aren't handling it this time. And given the constant stream of complaints I've seen here and on Facebook about how dissatisfied people are with their seats compared to past tours, I'm not sure that waves of people aren't having these issues. Admittedly I haven't done a survey, but I know of a 20-year member who got tickets in a higher level than his wife who joined last year. Many others have similar anecdotes. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 137
    Member #5XXXXX 

Slightly better seats in theory but happy to be in the building for 3 shows this run. 

Indy: Was Sec F Row BB Now SEC E Row R 
    Chi N1: Was 313 Row 11 Now 305 Row 1
    Chi N2: Was 308 Row 14 Now 333 Row 15
    I think that by suggesting that Indy is a good way to look at how platinum seats affect seniority, I have done a misdeed. 

Obviously, it has no bearing on selecting who won and who did not. It only applies to (roughly) how far back your seats should be without platinum seating versus how far back your seats actually are.

That being said, I still don't think it's too small of a sample.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,112
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    marcPJfan said:
    If it's legitimately a mistake, it should be rectified and there's still four months to find the right person who can fix it. So "piling on" is a little dramatic. I'm just pointing out that we're relying on assumptions about what are the best seats, but there's a lack of transparency about how that is determined. You're assuming it's still being done the way it's been done for 25-30 years, but given TM's growing influence on the entire process, it's plausible that the folks who were in charge of seniority seating for the past 25-30 years aren't handling it this time. And given the constant stream of complaints I've seen here and on Facebook about how dissatisfied people are with their seats compared to past tours, I'm not sure that waves of people aren't having these issues. Admittedly I haven't done a survey, but I know of a 20-year member who got tickets in a higher level than his wife who joined last year. Many others have similar anecdotes. 
    There's too much disingenuous flapping of gums here to address it point by point
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    marcPJfan said:
    There's too much disingenuous flapping of gums here to address it point by point
    Way too much. I don't get it, what am I missing here? In what reality are 200 level seats better than 100 level? Why post like this?

Mistakes were clearly made and I for one have gotten zero communication back from ticketmastertenclub that would indicate anything will be done. I guess we'll see, but it's pretty annoying for other fans to be so unsupportive.
  • Cathy14Cathy14 Posts: 9
    My sister in law lives at our house and we both got tickets to the same show, with the pairs right next to each other. Yet the ten club #'s are 215,000 numbers apart. Weird.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    pjalli said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    marcPJfan said:
    Way too much. I don't get it, what am I missing here? In what reality are 200 level seats better than 100 level? Why post like this?

Mistakes were clearly made and I for one have gotten zero communication back from ticketmastertenclub that would indicate anything will be done. I guess we'll see, but it's pretty annoying for other fans to be so unsupportive.
    There are way too many weird anomalies to easily explain away what happened with your seat location. It is clearly a mistake that needs to be rectified. Odds are good that it won't be. But since reassignments were only disbursed less than 72 hours ago there is plenty of time for 10Club /PJ/TM to do the right thing.
    pjalli said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjl44 said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    SHZA said:
    pjalli said:
    marcPJfan said:

I've been following your ticket mix-up. I think you have every right to be disappointed. I hope they correct the mistake, or make it up to you somehow. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but you deserve better than the answer they gave you. I hope you keep trying.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    100 Pacer said:
    3days said:

532XXX
    I've also been a WH member for 20+ years, and the seats you got for PJ are exactly where DMB has been sticking me for Deer Creek the last 8 years or so. Whereas before, I used to always get lowers. So, if you're still getting A, B, C thru the WH, without paying for premium, consider yourself lucky.

But I totally understand where you're coming from with that seat assignment. That's exactly why I stopped ordering thru the WH. These days, I always get better seats thru TM presales.
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    BW285110 said:
    mschostok said:
    Is anybody else’s Ticketmaster email with their tickets having an error message when trying to open them up? 
    Is anyone still having this problem with the error "400 - Bad Request"? The only device I have available is my phone. I have restarted my phone, and a few things like that, to make it more efficient. So far nothing has worked.
    I sent a message to TM, but you know how that goes. I did get an email response saying they received it, and someone will get back to me within 24-48 hours. I figured I would likely get an answer here more quickly!
    Does not work for me either.  Mac or phone.  I have no idea if my terrible seats were upgraded.  Cannot get my seats.

I got the email to claim my ticket. I followed the instructions and got a screen with the ticketmaster logo at top left and otherwise it is a blank screen. I tried to claim again and get the same screen plus this message:
    " 
    TapException with errorCode '20000' with backend error code 0x0b010000"

The show is not appearing in my "upcoming events" in my ticketmaster account.

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,873
    I can’t recall if it was on this thread or another but the best theory I saw on why very low 10c numbers got bad seats is the theory that the TM
    system needed a 6 digit number and if people had a 5 digit number TM added a zero to the end instead of the beginning.  So member 55250 was considered 552500 instead of 055250.  This was total speculation by the person who posted it and I am also just speculating.  Are there any 5 digit members who got good seats? And if so what is the first number of their 5 digits? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    I can’t recall if it was on this thread or another but the best theory I saw on why very low 10c numbers got bad seats is the theory that the TM
    system needed a 6 digit number and if people had a 5 digit number TM added a zero to the end instead of the beginning.  So member 55250 was considered 552500 instead of 055250.  This was total speculation by the person who posted it and I am also just speculating.  Are there any 5 digit members who got good seats? And if so what is the first number of their 5 digits? 
    Yes