Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• setlist41setlist41 Posts: 442
    PJammin said:
    Has anyone received an Indy confirm as a 2nd or 3rd option? Wife apparently had Indy as her #1 option and hasn't heard/seen anything at all. Chicago 1 and Chicago 2 were her 2nd and 3rd choices (nothing on those either). 
    I haven't heard Indy, that was my 3rd option 
  • Oceans 98Oceans 98 Posts: 232
    I think all or most that put in for lawn seats will get them.
    Yes I think this is not quite over yet
    St. Louis 07/02/98, St. Louis 10/11/00, New York 07/08/03, New York 07/09/03, Chicago 05/16/06, Chicago 05/17/06, Bridge School 10/21/06, Bridge School 10/22/06, Chicago 07/05/07, Chicago 07/24/09, Kansas City 05/03/10, St Louis 05/04/10, PJ20 09/03/11, PJ20 09/04/11, Chicago 07/19/13, St. Louis 10/03/14, Ohana 09/24/21 (EV/Earthings), Ohana 09/25/21 (EV/Earthlings), Ohana 09/26/21, Nashville 09/16/22, Louisville 09/17/22, St. Louis 09/18/22, Oklahoma City 09/20/22

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,011
    CopperTom said:
    JR86440 said:
    fixer123 said:

Anyone need Saturday Saint Paul tickets?

Brokers owned this on sale.
    Unreal
    Prices are always high when first listed. Makes sense, throw some crazy price up there and wait for some dude with no patience and devastated. Sucker born every minute. Prices won’t be that high come August
    They have no way to transfer these anyway, right?
    Yes...it's called Wallet Transfer. You get a download link that puts the ticket in your Apple wallet...no need to transfer.
    So it circumvents F2F?
  • Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:
    Manu117 said:
    The way I see it, this is how the 10C ticket lottery works: 

1) lottery is done on a show-by-show basis
    2) anyone who put in for GA for show #1 is randomly selected from the pool
    3) priority increases your chance of being selected (maybe a 1.1 to 2x multiplier, but who knows; either way, while it increases your chances it doesn't guarantee anything)
    4) rinse and repeat for shows #2-9
    5) rinse and repeat for reserved seating for shows #1-9

Does that make sense? 

This process would be a simple way to run the lottery on a show-by-show basis, and would explain how some people might get multiple shows, while others get none, regardless of priority.

Just my 0.2 cents. 
    #3 makes zero sense and you are really just making that up though on nothing. 

The next part is not directed at anyone in particular 

If this was all true. If priority does not really matter like we are saying it is then why are we not seeing any 3rd/4th/5th/9th priorities winning GA? Its not happening. 

Its not happening because when they draw GA they start with, now wait for it, first priorities!!!! Say it with me... First Priorities!!! 

Same goes for reserved. Every lotto I have done this is how they did it. We have people here that go over this stuff with a fine tooth comb. We over analyze this stuff we scrutinize it. Years and years of this. When something is off we know its off and this lotto is very much off. 

I am making it up, it's just what makes sense and how I imagine a computer would run this. 

That said, I think some people got GA for multiple shows, which indicates priority isn't as important is it's made out to be. Maybe the multiplier is higher, or there are so few GA tickets that it's just hard to get a good indication. In any case, I'm not sure how else you could explain how 1st and 2nd priorities might end up with nothing. 
    I haven’t seen anything that would make me comfortable saying this is or isn’t happening here. As someone who again spends some of my  9-5 on preference/ranking algorithms (in various health care scenarios, not ticketing) this is often part of the implementation. 
    I agree with you, but we know that the lottery is run on a show by show basis, and priority increases your chances. We also know some people get multiples and some end up with none. It's a simple formula, it's not perfect, so it seams plausible to me. In any case, it is just a guess.
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    We going all night? Should I get a late night sub?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:
    Manu117 said:
    The way I see it, this is how the 10C ticket lottery works: 

1) lottery is done on a show-by-show basis
    2) anyone who put in for GA for show #1 is randomly selected from the pool
    3) priority increases your chance of being selected (maybe a 1.1 to 2x multiplier, but who knows; either way, while it increases your chances it doesn't guarantee anything)
    4) rinse and repeat for shows #2-9
    5) rinse and repeat for reserved seating for shows #1-9

Does that make sense? 

This process would be a simple way to run the lottery on a show-by-show basis, and would explain how some people might get multiple shows, while others get none, regardless of priority.

Just my 0.2 cents. 
    #3 makes zero sense and you are really just making that up though on nothing. 

The next part is not directed at anyone in particular 

If this was all true. If priority does not really matter like we are saying it is then why are we not seeing any 3rd/4th/5th/9th priorities winning GA? Its not happening. 

Its not happening because when they draw GA they start with, now wait for it, first priorities!!!! Say it with me... First Priorities!!! 

Same goes for reserved. Every lotto I have done this is how they did it. We have people here that go over this stuff with a fine tooth comb. We over analyze this stuff we scrutinize it. Years and years of this. When something is off we know its off and this lotto is very much off. 

I am making it up, it's just what makes sense and how I imagine a computer would run this. 

That said, I think some people got GA for multiple shows, which indicates priority isn't as important is it's made out to be. Maybe the multiplier is higher, or there are so few GA tickets that it's just hard to get a good indication. In any case, I'm not sure how else you could explain how 1st and 2nd priorities might end up with nothing. 
    Please point out these people. I think maybe one or two shows did not fill on first priorities and actually made it to the second. Thats normal for shows that are not in demand 

99% of GA wins are first priority. It debunks all claims that priority does not mean what we think it means. 
    But we also have people who have gotten nothing, which also debunks claims that priority matters, (unless it only applies to GA). 
    I am pretty much done with explaining this I think. 

If you put in for Chicago and it does not make it past the first round (first priority picks) with GA or RES then people are getting shut out no matter where they put their picks. 

This lotto people who put Chicago in as their first picks are losing out which has happened in the past for high demand shows. This time though people are winning with their 3rd picks. If they are winning with their 3rd picks all 1st and 2nd picks should have won. This is how it was done in the past for years and years without fail. 

Your example is why people are getting annoyed with this lotto. Something is different or errors where made. 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,558
    AYYYYYYYYYY
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,730
    go pre said:
    i only entered for st. paul 2 ga, and i have not heard anything yet. what's the deal?
    GA only wasn’t an option. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Seems like Indy was high demand. If you didn’t have it as priority one I don’t think you got it…at least so far

I got my 2nd and 3rd choices (st Paul) and I got Indy. But I had Indy as priority #1
    I had all options for Indy as #1 and got nothing. Chicago 2 was number two, also nothing. It sucks when you can only afford to go to the most desired ones.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    CopperTom said:
    Team @PJNB
    I used Chicago as an example but St Paul is even worse from what I have seen. 
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,632
    edited April 2023
    Edit: answered my own question. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    Team @PJNB
    St. Paul 1…. My one and only priority. Nothing yet 
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    mace1229 said:
    Cob said:
    mace1229 said:
    Since everyone was getting actual seats with their confirmation, seems unlikely to me that seniority played a role in seat location this time.
    Theyd have to confirm all winners first, then organize by member number before assigning seats. They didn’t do that all at once.
     Not true, my number is .+/-  309,000 I got Sec 115 Austin night 1 and G/A Pit Austin night 2, people in here posted their number was +/-500,000 and they got 200's both nights for Austin.
    But there’s also plenty of posts where higher numbers got the same level as low numbers. 
    I have a 173XXX number and ended up in Sec 113 Night 1 in Austin. Then Sec 114 Night 2 in Austin. Surrounded by people with numbers twice as high. 

tacos
  • JtaspinJtaspin Posts: 10
    PJammin said:
    Has anyone received an Indy confirm as a 2nd or 3rd option? Wife apparently had Indy as her #1 option and hasn't heard/seen anything at all. Chicago 1 and Chicago 2 were her 2nd and 3rd choices (nothing on those either). 
    I only put in for Indy….clicked all 3 options…haven’t heard anything……
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,395
    I needed that laugh rofl.  
  • jushooksjushooks Posts: 108
    I put in only for both Chicago shows and still nothing :( 
  • CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    JR86440 said:
    fixer123 said:

Unreal
    Prices are always high when first listed. Makes sense, throw some crazy price up there and wait for some dude with no patience and devastated. Sucker born every minute. Prices won’t be that high come August
    Yes...it's called Wallet Transfer. You get a download link that puts the ticket in your Apple wallet...no need to transfer.
    So it circumvents F2F?
    Yes. One of the companies that offer such a service to brokers is called Automatiq.

Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010)
    Hamilton, Ontario (September 15, 2011)
    Budweiser Gardens (July 16, 2013)
    Buffalo, NY (October 12, 2013)
    Detroit, MI (October 16, 2014)
    Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016)
    Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016)
    Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018)
    Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018)
    Hamilton, Ontario (September 06, 2022)
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,011
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    Team @PJNB
    I agree with your understanding of how the lottery SHOULD work.  It worked like that in the past.  Either it changed or they ran it wrong today.  Something definitely not right with the priorities.
  • Member nr 19xxxx and i got
    FLR8, Row 2,
    Sec 109, Row D
    For Austin… I didn’t ask for floor seats and Sec 109 is by far the worst seats i’ve ever got  and I’v been to PJ20, MSG and many more ”hot shows” are all the good seats ”Premium tix” for 700$?
    Most likely yes, it seems like the PJ Premium seats last year were the first several rows of the nearest 3 or 4 sections near Mike and Stone.
  • jambayleafjambayleaf Posts: 646
    Again, credit card charged for 600, put in for two shows, no email in spam or inbox. So, tell me how this is happening?
    So now I'm drivin the bus- Kramer
    You're batman!- George
    Yeah...yeah...I AM batman!!- Kramer
  • solacesolace Posts: 114
    CopperTom said:
    JR86440 said:
    fixer123 said:

Unreal
    Sadly scalpers have gotten into the business of selling entire TM/AXS accounts: 
  • Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    I had Chicago N1 and N2 and wife had N2 and N1 as priority. No luck, and to see people getting Chicago as priority 2 and 3 is a little difficult to understand. 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    riley540 said:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    Team @PJNB
    That's wild. Keep the faith. So many people reporting that they won that show with 3,4,5 priorities.

If you don't get tickets either they changed the process significantly or TM fucked up.

I do wonder if TM fucking this up is why nothing came out yesterday. They ran a test, realized it was wrong, and tried to fix it. But simply ran out of time.
  • quarterpastquarterpast Posts: 185
    iwasthere said:
    mace1229 said:
    Cob said:
    mace1229 said:
    Since everyone was getting actual seats with their confirmation, seems unlikely to me that seniority played a role in seat location this time.
    Theyd have to confirm all winners first, then organize by member number before assigning seats. They didn’t do that all at once.
     Not true, my number is .+/-  309,000 I got Sec 115 Austin night 1 and G/A Pit Austin night 2, people in here posted their number was +/-500,000 and they got 200's both nights for Austin.
    But there’s also plenty of posts where higher numbers got the same level as low numbers. 
    I have a 173XXX number and ended up in Sec 113 Night 1 in Austin. Then Sec 114 Night 2 in Austin. Surrounded by people with numbers twice as high. 

I’m 169xxx, also in sections 114 and 113 for Austin. In Camden last year, I was nearly the last row in the pavilion, around people whose numbers were hundred of thousands past mine. It feels like seniority is dead. 
    rock bands may come and rock bands may go...
    but rock n roll will live forever! - ray davies
  • EA17313EA17313 Posts: 62
    I almost chose both Austin dates but instead went for both Chicago. That was probably a huge mistake. Still haven’t heard. 
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 836
    iwasthere said:
    mace1229 said:
    Cob said:
    mace1229 said:

That is strange.
    What row in 113?  I'm row c on the aisle with a 420xxx number for N1.  Scored GA for N2
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • Save WhoSave Who Posts: 296
    I think the fact Indy lawn has not been sent out means they’re trying to fix something.  But maybe that’s just me being hopeful I’m still in the running for pavilion seats.
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
    JBob87 said:
    riley540 said:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    Team @PJNB
    That's wild. Keep the faith. So many people reporting that they won that show with 3,4,5 priorities.

If you don't get tickets either they changed the process significantly or TM fucked up.

I do wonder if TM fucking this up is why nothing came out yesterday. They ran a test, realized it was wrong, and tried to fix it. But simply ran out of time.
    I always try to go for just one show, and usually pick one that is mid week to up my chances… and it usually always works out! Fingers still crossed! 
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    JR86440 said:
    fixer123 said:

Unreal
    So it circumvents F2F?
    Yes. One of the companies that offer such a service to brokers is called Automatiq.

Not sure that works as I think PJ has set the barcode to constantly refresh.

I couldn’t use wallet for a show I went to with AXS for same reason.

prevents this sort of thing.