Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    The way I see it, this is how the 10C ticket lottery works: 

1) lottery is done on a show-by-show basis
    2) anyone who put in for GA for show #1 is randomly selected from the pool
    3) priority increases your chance of being selected (maybe a 1.1 to 2x multiplier, but who knows; either way, while it increases your chances it doesn't guarantee anything)
    4) rinse and repeat for shows #2-9
    5) rinse and repeat for reserved seating for shows #1-9

Does that make sense? 

This process would be a simple way to run the lottery on a show-by-show basis, and would explain how some people might get multiple shows, while others get none, regardless of priority.

Just my 0.2 cents. 
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Is it possible that ticket brokers in Chicago maintain a bunch of inexpensive tenclub memberships.  Then resell the FanClub tickets they purchase not caring if the membership is cancelled.  They can always buy more memberships.  Does Ticketmaster of 10club really enforce selling the tickets.  Maybe many more tenclub broker members are getting in our way
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    BV84003 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Again: nobody here knows how the process is actually happening. Some people have a very strong opinion on how it "should" be happening, and to that, I'll just paste this again: 

For the people who think the "only reasonable" way to do it is to pull from priority 1 for a city, then if there's any left, pull from priority 2, etc. Consider these two people's preference sets in order:

Person A: Austin, St. Paul, Noblesville
    Person B: Chicago, Austin, St. Paul, Noblesville. 

If Chicago has high demand and Person B does not get it, and Austin, St. Paul, and Noblesville all have enough seats for pretty much everyone in priority 1 and not much else, it's entirely likely that Person A gets all three of their picks, while Person B gets zero because they put Chicago first, maybe because they live in Chicago and would prefer not to travel if possible. Who knows. Personally, I find that an extraordinarily unfair system. I'm not saying a system with some other outcome is necessarily better, but I'm saying this "obvious" "only reasonable" system is not at all that. 
    I respectfully disagree.  Please try to explain logically how someone that put Chicago as his or her 3rd, 4th or 5th priority, regardless of what his or her 1st and 2nd priority were, would get selected for Chicago tickets over someone that put in a total of two requests, both of which were Chicago, and received zero tickets. 

That happens because this is a lottery system. That's what a lottery is. Luck. Some of us won't get chosen at all for one show. Others will win everything they put in for. I really think a lot of y'all are overthinking tf out of this.
    I'm not overthinking anything.  This is not the way the past "lotteries" have gone.  Simple as that.  I'm fine.  I'll be in the building for the shows I wanted to get into.  I just think that the lack of clarity on whatever changes were implemented this year is unfortunate, and a lot of people are getting the short end of the stick.

• Mookie25Mookie25 Posts: 58
    Forgive me but hard to keep up. Has anyone received Indy lawn yet? 
    Nope. I’ve been following this brain cell killing thread
    "Said he'll see me on the flip side"

Toledo 96 ◘ Columbus 00 ◘ Pittsburgh 00 ◘ Cleveland 03 ◘ Pittsburgh 03 ◘ Alpine Valley 03 ◘ Noblesville 03 ◘ Columbus 03 ◘ Toledo 04 VFC ◘ London, ON 05 ◘ Cleveland 06 ◘ Philly I & II 06 ◘ Cincinnati 06 ◘ VIC 07 ◘ MSG II 08 ◘ EV Memphis 09 ◘ Columbus 10 ◘ Cleveland 10 ◘ EV Boston 11 ◘ PJ20 ◘ Wrigley Field 13 ◘ Buffalo 13 ◘ Detroit 14 ◘ Louisville BNB 22 ◘ Noblesville 23 (24)?

• jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 412
    seems like there was an overwhelming demand for CHI,IND,MN and not as much for the TX shows.     could be wrong, of course, but based on seeing people here and on FB that got tix, a lot of TX people got everything they put in for with a few minor exception. 
  • JM12271JM12271 Posts: 209
    JM12271 said:
    So it’s 8:02 pm EST on 4/25. No word yet. Should I assume I didn’t get either show I put in for? Really bummed- been a 10 club member for a long time .the request page still says “request received” so I’m holding out hope 
    Where are you seeing this - how do I access it? THX

I click on the link in the email confirmation I received when I requested the shows. 
    Thanks

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    Clearly, this priority sequence that has been the same for years has changed. I’m the past, no one who has a show at priority #2 ever won if someone who had same show as priority #1 lossed. 

Bingo.  This is the point that the contrarians are missing.
  • Shumway35Shumway35 Posts: 328
    solace said:

TEN CLUB TICKET OPTIONS

In order to increase your chance of getting tickets, please select all of the seat preferences you would be willing to accept. 

I get that, but what is the difference between the Reserved part of GA or Reserved and Reserved Only? 

Logically by choosing only GA Or Reserved you’re accepting that you’re ok with either ticket type? 
    That was my thinking  - those people that didn't want GA, choose Reserved only, those who were ok with "GA or reserved" just choose that option. Odds stayed the same to get a ticket....
    2000 - Toronto 
    2005 - St. John's 2
    2006 - Toronto 1 & 2 
    2009 - Toronto 
    2011 - Toronto 1 
    2013 - Pittsburgh,  Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit 
    2016 - Ottawa, Toronto 1, Wrigley 1 
    2018 - Wrigley 1 & 2
    2019 - Ohana Festival 
    2022 - Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Nashville
    2023 - St. Paul 1 & 2
    2024 - Vancouver 1 & 2, NYC 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,460
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:

Anyone need Saturday Saint Paul tickets?

Brokers owned this on sale.
    No more will call has really changed things. 
    You all really think the secondary market cartel was not going to get their cut from these shows? 

Should have never done away with the will call day of ticket pick-up. Was it 100% effective in stopping this stuff? Nope, but at least the scalppers had to earn their money.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,558
    ComeToTX said:
    STOP POSTING TICKET BROKERS!
    Seconded.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • RDC0369RDC0369 Posts: 23
    Are emails still rolling out? 
  • solacesolace Posts: 114
    BV84003 said:

I've given up on the notion that 10c gives an iota of a crap about any of us a loonnnggg time ago.
    Touché 😒
    PJNB said:

You all really think the secondary market cartel was not going to get their cut from these shows? 

Should have never done away with the will call day of ticket pick-up. Was it 100% effective in stopping this stuff? Nope, but at least the scalppers had to earn their money.
    it is interesting how all these F2F non-transferable tours always do go through NY, IL and/or CO to ensure there are at least some scalpable shows... 
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    Is it possible that ticket brokers in Chicago maintain a bunch of inexpensive tenclub memberships.  Then resell the FanClub tickets they purchase not caring if the membership is cancelled.  They can always buy more memberships.  Does Ticketmaster of 10club really enforce selling the tickets.  Maybe many more tenclub broker members are getting in our way
    I'd guarantee this is happening. Also have to consider that TM gets an allottment of tix. They turn around and put those up for resale immediately. Same for the venue, promoter etc etc. Lots of bands do this too with their family + friends tickets. TM isn't enforcing it. They want this to happen. 
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    First show listing, Chicao N1, first page of listings, all row 17 of the several sections furthest from the stage.  These sellers don't actually have these tickets, they will eventually have tickets and will then "upgrade" their Stubhub buyer to whatever tickets they were able to come up with.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Manu117 said:

3) priority increases your chance of being selected (maybe a 1.1 to 2x multiplier, but who knows; either way, while it increases your chances it doesn't guarantee anything)

Does that make sense? 

This process would be a simple way to run the lottery on a show-by-show basis, and would explain how some people might get multiple shows, while others get none, regardless of priority.

Just my 0.2 cents. 
    #3 makes zero sense and you are really just making that up though on nothing. 

The next part is not directed at anyone in particular 

If this was all true. If priority does not really matter like we are saying it is then why are we not seeing any 3rd/4th/5th/9th priorities winning GA? Its not happening. 

Its not happening because when they draw GA they start with, now wait for it, first priorities!!!! Say it with me... First Priorities!!! 

Same goes for reserved. Every lotto I have done this is how they did it. We have people here that go over this stuff with a fine tooth comb. We over analyze this stuff we scrutinize it. Years and years of this. When something is off we know its off and this lotto is very much off. 

• 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    jpgoegel said:
    seems like there was an overwhelming demand for CHI,IND,MN and not as much for the TX shows.     could be wrong, of course, but based on seeing people here and on FB that got tix, a lot of TX people got everything they put in for with a few minor exception. 
    Maybe, but I haven't heard anything about anybody getting 300 level or behind stage at UC. Similarly, no one is reporting lawn tickets at Ruoff. It tells me that the lottery is far from being done.
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • solacesolace Posts: 114
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:

These are very good points that should be stressed. While it made it a little tougher for the concert goer, I’d take that over the trade off of many less 10c tickets being sold secondary.
    Post edited by solace on
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    This band just needs to play more shows in more cities.
    I heard they're going to add a third St Paul show
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    A friend of mine got an email a few minutes ago getting a pair for Austin 1
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• 3days said:
    jpgoegel said:
    Maybe, but I haven't heard anything about anybody getting 300 level or behind stage at UC. Similarly, no one is reporting lawn tickets at Ruoff. It tells me that the lottery is far from being done.
    3days said:
    jpgoegel said:
    3days said:
    jpgoegel said:

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,558
    solace said:
    Go Animal said:

If I can't go to St. Paul N1 (or if I find a better single for either night, as I'm going solo), and you get shut out of Verified Fan, I'll let you know & we'll set up a F2F drop.
    Awesome, thank you!!! That’s very kind.

My hope was to at least get one night via 10c and then only have to deal with trying for tickets via Verified for one show at 10am on Friday. The 10% premium thing has me a little uneasy about how much decent location seats are gonna be on Friday too.

My advice would be to buy whatever you can on 04/28 at face value , and anything that comes up as PJ premium? just watch it all summer.

There will be excellent PJ Premium seats for anywhere between $400 - $2,000 in St. Paul. It will not stay that way.

As we get closer to each show day, those tickets will drop down gradually to regular price by about 4-5pm each day of show. Like clock work. 

No matter how enticing or how good the seat, just hold fast & don't pay Premium/Platinum. Trust me :)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    PJNB said:
    Manu117 said:

Does that make sense? 

Just my 0.2 cents. 
    #3 makes zero sense and you are really just making that up though on nothing. 

The next part is not directed at anyone in particular 

If this was all true. If priority does not really matter like we are saying it is then why are we not seeing any 3rd/4th/5th/9th priorities winning GA? Its not happening. 

Its not happening because when they draw GA they start with, now wait for it, first priorities!!!! Say it with me... First Priorities!!! 

Same goes for reserved. Every lotto I have done this is how they did it. We have people here that go over this stuff with a fine tooth comb. We over analyze this stuff we scrutinize it. Years and years of this. When something is off we know its off and this lotto is very much off. 

I am making it up, it's just what makes sense and how I imagine a computer would run this. 

That said, I think some people got GA for multiple shows, which indicates priority isn't as important is it's made out to be. Maybe the multiplier is higher, or there are so few GA tickets that it's just hard to get a good indication. In any case, I'm not sure how else you could explain how 1st and 2nd priorities might end up with nothing. 
  • jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 412
    3days said:
    jpgoegel said:
    very well could be still in the works for those sites.  that'd be cool! (for those still waiting)
  • Perhaps there can be a new forum where those with grievances can collectively air them out?  Seems like they are mostly guessing.  Checking periodically to see when they start releasing the Indy lawn and Chicago back seats. 
  • elninoelnino Posts: 32
    setlist41 said:
    Anyone here with Indy being your 1st and 2nd choice and nothing yet?
    Me! Hoping for a lawn seat still
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Since everyone was getting actual seats with their confirmation, seems unlikely to me that seniority played a role in seat location this time.
    Theyd have to confirm all winners first, then organize by member number before assigning seats. They didn’t do that all at once.
  • gjackxgjackx Posts: 42
    How will brokers even provide the tickets for all the shows not Chicago?  They can't be shared/forwarded.  I'm sure screenshots are a no no!  Very curious how this can even work.....