Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    edited April 2023
    jdopj said:
    setlist41 said:
    Anyone here with Indy being your 1st and 2nd choice and nothing yet?
    Me

me, waiting for indy as #2 pick
    Post edited by amethgr8 on
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,395
    Honestly, you can run lottery more efficiently with a random number generator on google.  It's just a shame we are at this point in the year 2023.
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 139
    I only put in for one show and only selected GA/Reserved, it was for Indy. I got the email that I got selected for pit. Still can't believe it happened.
  • jmbethonyjmbethony Posts: 56
    Anyone still waiting on Chicago N1 as their #1?
    I am
  • Still waiting on Chicago 1, Chicago 2, and Indy. In priority order
    Chicago 8/23/09, Wrigley 8/18/18, St. Louis 9/18/22, OKC 9/20/22
    St. Paul 9/2/23 Chicago 9/5-9/7 23
    EV Chicago 2/9 - 2/10/22
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    Sarava said:
    Here's another question - did anyone select side/back for Chicago, and get GA or Reserved already? That's my new theory, that they dumped all of us that picked side/rear (in our minds as a backup) in to those seats. We'll see soon I guess  :)
    I selected all options for Chicago shows and got tix this morning.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Honestly, you can run lottery more efficiently with a random number generator on google.  It's just a shame we are at this point in the year 2023.
    I could run a lottery better with a spreadsheet 😂
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 442
    Sarava said:
    Here's another question - did anyone select side/back for Chicago, and get GA or Reserved already? That's my new theory, that they dumped all of us that picked side/rear (in our minds as a backup) in to those seats. We'll see soon I guess  :)
    I did all 3 options and I received reserved seating for both nights
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Again: nobody here knows how the process is actually happening. Some people have a very strong opinion on how it "should" be happening, and to that, I'll just paste this again: 

For the people who think the "only reasonable" way to do it is to pull from priority 1 for a city, then if there's any left, pull from priority 2, etc. Consider these two people's preference sets in order:

Person A: Austin, St. Paul, Noblesville
    Person B: Chicago, Austin, St. Paul, Noblesville. 

If Chicago has high demand and Person B does not get it, and Austin, St. Paul, and Noblesville all have enough seats for pretty much everyone in priority 1 and not much else, it's entirely likely that Person A gets all three of their picks, while Person B gets zero because they put Chicago first, maybe because they live in Chicago and would prefer not to travel if possible. Who knows. Personally, I find that an extraordinarily unfair system. I'm not saying a system with some other outcome is necessarily better, but I'm saying this "obvious" "only reasonable" system is not at all that. 
    Person a: CHI 1 and CHI 2
    Person b: CHI 2 and CHI 1

B got both and A has neither. Does that make sense to you?
    Yes, person B won the lottery and person A did not. Proves that priorities only matter after being selected as a winner in the lottery.
    If it worked that way wouldn’t we have seen a lot more random winnings vs. what we saw:  groups of St Paul, then Chicago, No Austin early in the day, no Indy lawn…..you’re saying early lottery winners, none of them picked those cities?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    jmbethony said:
    I am
    And night two as my second priority….
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• JM12271JM12271 Posts: 209
    I only put in for one show and only selected GA/Reserved, it was for Indy. I got the email that I got selected for pit. Still can't believe it happened.

What time was your email confirmation - I did the same and am still hoping.

• cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715
    pjfan2340 said:
    setlist41 said:
    Anyone here with Indy being your 1st and 2nd choice and nothing yet?
    23 year veteran of the ten club and shut out. Had Indy as #1 followed by the Chicago shows.
    Sorry to hear that.  Looks like we’re doing VF or TM also. 
  • JM12271JM12271 Posts: 209

And congrats!!!! Excited for you!
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    Yes
  • solacesolace Posts: 114

Yes, person B won the lottery and person A did not. Proves that priorities only matter after being selected as a winner in the lottery.
    Which is fine if they explain that’s how it works, but I think a LOT of people are assuming they’re doing a lottery for each show and not for each member’s show choices, whether they pick 1 or 9. Maybe i’m wrong in assuming others thought it was that way? 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    Again: nobody here knows how the process is actually happening. Some people have a very strong opinion on how it "should" be happening, and to that, I'll just paste this again: 

For the people who think the "only reasonable" way to do it is to pull from priority 1 for a city, then if there's any left, pull from priority 2, etc. Consider these two people's preference sets in order:

If Chicago has high demand and Person B does not get it, and Austin, St. Paul, and Noblesville all have enough seats for pretty much everyone in priority 1 and not much else, it's entirely likely that Person A gets all three of their picks, while Person B gets zero because they put Chicago first, maybe because they live in Chicago and would prefer not to travel if possible. Who knows. Personally, I find that an extraordinarily unfair system. I'm not saying a system with some other outcome is necessarily better, but I'm saying this "obvious" "only reasonable" system is not at all that. 

Then priorities don’t matter much and this is very different than previous lotteries
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    setlist41 said:
    Sarava said:
    The select all options all makes sense now 🤣
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    setlist41 said:
    Sarava said:
    Sarava said:
    I selected all options for Chicago shows and got tix this morning.
    Ok there goes that theory :)
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    solace said:
    Go Animal said:

What shows do you want?
    I only put in for St. Paul, was at least hoping to get one via 10c.

Also annoyed that seemingly by not chosing GA/Res and Res options I probably screwed myself, wish that was made more clear in their initial email/on the website rather than just a post on the forum. 
    These were the instructions on the ticket request form you filled out. 
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Reads11Reads11 Posts: 101
    Has anyone reported lawn for Indy?
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    Still waiting on Chicago 1, Chicago 2, and Indy. In priority order
    Same. Not looking great. Rosanne Barr warming up her vocals 
    think I'll throw these pills away...
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,439
    Yep, fingers crossed for those rear/side seats!
  • NYJayhawkNYJayhawk Posts: 16
    TB242170 said:
    Thanks 10C!  Chicago 1 and 2, flying in from Philly for the week!
    Cool. I live in Chicago and haven’t got tickets for either. That makes sense…
  • JE224127JE224127 Posts: 443
    I didn’t put in for lawn at Noblesville and maybe in should have but this from 10 Club so I am surprised no one has chimed in yet on getting selected:

GA Lawn - Standing (Indianapolis Only):
    Ten Club has reserved the majority of GA lawn tickets. Due to the volume of tickets held for Ten Club purchases, we are unable to offer early entry or a members only area on the lawn. Members purchasing GA lawn tickets will enter with the general public at the regular door time. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Hurls15 said:
    Frustrating to see the number of Chicago tickets on StubHub. Even a few GAs.  Also lots of 300s.  I don't think I have seen any 300 level seats awarded in the lottery. 
    tickets showing up on stubhub do NOT mean that the person selling the tickets has the tickets. Illinois like Colorado and New York allows for shady speculating.  The ticket seller just has to refund the money if they can't procure the tickets.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    The fact that there is still confusion on how this works without any formal answers really sucks.  I hope everyone still waiting gets tix.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • solacesolace Posts: 114
    solace said:
    Go Animal said:

What shows do you want?
    I only put in for St. Paul, was at least hoping to get one via 10c.

Also annoyed that seemingly by not chosing GA/Res and Res options I probably screwed myself, wish that was made more clear in their initial email/on the website rather than just a post on the forum. 
    These were the instructions on the ticket request form you filled out. 
    Is there a screenshot missing from your reply?

this is what I saw when I put in (maybe it was added later in the day? I entered right away.

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945

I respectfully disagree.  Please try to explain logically how someone that put Chicago as his or her 3rd, 4th or 5th priority, regardless of what his or her 1st and 2nd priority were, would get selected for Chicago tickets over someone that put in a total of two requests, both of which were Chicago, and received zero tickets.