Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    Forgive me but hard to keep up. Has anyone received Indy lawn yet? 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • MK88178MK88178 Posts: 523
    Waiting on indy lawn seats to drop
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Posts: 312
    setlist41 said:
    Anyone here with Indy being your 1st and 2nd choice and nothing yet?
    Selected all Indy options and nothing :/
    Same here. It was my only show selection & I chose all 3 seating options. Still holding out for lawn seats at this point I guess.
  • jcubjcub Posts: 21
    dlesko619 said:
    setlist41 said:
    My wife and I only put in for Indy and nothing yet 
    Same here.  Only put in for the Indy show and nothing so far
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Sarava said:
    Kevinman said:
    Drawing each section of each show by priority makes most sense, especially with the announcements coming in waves.
    1st St Paul GA, then Chicago GA, St Paul Res, Chicago Res, etc.
    Consider these two people's preference sets in order:

Person A: Austin, St. Paul, Noblesville
    Person B: Chicago, Austin, St. Paul, Noblesville. 

If Chicago has high demand and Person B does not get it, and Austin, St. Paul, and Noblesville all have enough seats for pretty much everyone in priority 1 and not much else, it's entirely likely that Person A gets all three of their picks, while Person B gets zero because they put Chicago first, maybe because they live in Chicago and would prefer not to travel if possible. Who knows. Personally, I find that an extraordinarily unfair system. I'm not saying a system with some other outcome is necessarily better, but I'm saying this "obvious" "only reasonable" system is not at all that. 
    I mean, it's fair ...that's how its worked since I've been in these lottery's since 2013 and we all know it. We know the rules and know whether we want choose to take the risks with more popular shows or not.
    Respectfully, the people that hang out on this forum are a minuscule subset of the Ten Club, and what people here think they “know” 1) may not be accurate 2) certainly isn’t known by the very large majority of 10C members not on this forum. 
    Not sure how to answer that. If someone cares enough to learn the system, they will. Or they won't.
  • setlist41 said:
    23 year veteran of the ten club and shut out. Had Indy as #1 followed by the Chicago shows.
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • tim131tim131 Austin Posts: 44
    Just got the email for Austin Night 1, my second choice. Got worst seats in the house (Row P 217) but I'm just happy to get in the building. Have a feeling these Austin shows are hot tickets.
  • JW657002JW657002 Posts: 3
    Tix for Austin #1. First priority. Section 210. At least we are there!
  • amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    JB23237 said:
    Again: nobody here knows how the process is actually happening. Some people have a very strong opinion on how it "should" be happening, and to that, I'll just paste this again: 

For the people who think the "only reasonable" way to do it is to pull from priority 1 for a city, then if there's any left, pull from priority 2, etc. Consider these two people's preference sets in order:

If Chicago has high demand and Person B does not get it, and Austin, St. Paul, and Noblesville all have enough seats for pretty much everyone in priority 1 and not much else, it's entirely likely that Person A gets all three of their picks, while Person B gets zero because they put Chicago first, maybe because they live in Chicago and would prefer not to travel if possible. Who knows. Personally, I find that an extraordinarily unfair system. I'm not saying a system with some other outcome is necessarily better, but I'm saying this "obvious" "only reasonable" system is not at all that. 
    Person a: CHI 1 and CHI 2
    Person b: CHI 2 and CHI 1

B got both and A has neither. Does that make sense to you?
    I've seen this with 4 of my friends. It's bonkers

they never pulled A's name from the two pools.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • tdamyen2tdamyen2 Posts: 26
    Sorry, been away from the threads and can’t keep up with the posts. Did side/rear drop for Chicago yet? 
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    Wtf!!!
  • JRDAY89JRDAY89 Posts: 126
    JRDAY89 said:
    1st - Fort Worth 2 - Won GA
    2nd - Fort Worth 1 - Won Sec 109 Row 19
    3rd - Austin 1 - ?
    4th - Austin 2 - Won Sec 207 Row A

519XXX
    Update. Austin night 1 email came at 6:39 pm CDT

1st - Fort Worth 2 - Won GA
    2nd - Fort Worth 1 - Won Sec 109 Row 19
    3rd - Austin 1 - Won Sec 217 Row L
    4th - Austin 2 - Won Sec 207 Row A

519XXX
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    setlist41 said:
    I'm in that boat.  Selected everything.  Come on lawn!!
  • spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,729
    Austin 1 came in at 7pm est
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • JbabbingtonJbabbington Posts: 151
    Anyone still waiting on Chicago N1 as their #1?
  • gjackxgjackx Posts: 42
    Pearl Jam Tour = Increase of screen time by 200%
    Way higher than that!
  • dlesko619dlesko619 Posts: 20
    pjfan2340 said:
    setlist41 said:
    23 year veteran of the ten club and shut out. Had Indy as #1 followed by the Chicago shows.
    Do you think it's 100% done? No chance now?
    tdamyen2 said:
    Sorry, been away from the threads and can’t keep up with the posts. Did side/rear drop for Chicago yet? 
    It doesnt appear so.
  • Ok! Austin N1 just came in at 5:04pm. This was my 2nd choice.

I got tickets for all that I selected, but only GA in FT. WORTH.

Both Austin shows are crapy, up in the 200s.

So now the question is, what is the play for verified fan sale?! Do I try and get good seats for N1 in FT. Worth since  we have GA for N2 Fort Worth. And then just do both FT Worth shows??

Hmmmm

Or do I try an upgrade my Austin shows. Not sure how to do that, but I've heard people say, just get in the building and then try to upgrade.

Or do I go for verified fan in Austin and and see what happens.

Hmmmmm

Decisions.....

----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center
    May 10, 2024 - Portland, Moda Center
    May 16, 2024 - Las Vegas, MGM Garden Arena
    May 21 & 22, 2024 - Los Angeles, Forum
    May 25, 2024 - Napa Valley, Bottlerock 
    May 30, 2024 - Seattle, Climate Pledge Arena 
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJNB said:
    marra2312 said:
    tylerj said:
    PJNB said:
    tylerj said:
    CopperTom said:
    tylerj said:
    All, it's not totally confusing as to why someone who listed  any show as 2nd priority would get a ticket and someone with 1st priority wouldn't. My understanding is they group those in 1st priority, run the randomizer/lottery and issue tickets to those who get picked. Once that's done they do that again for 2nd, 3rd, 4th priority etc until all the allotment is gone. 

I could be wrong. Someone let me know if they know otherwise. 
    No.  First priority are drawn first.  If tickets remain, they move on to second priority entries.  A first priority person should never lose and a second priority person win. 
    That's not how it's worked for the last few tours I don't believe. Been multiple past examples of 2nd, 3rd priority ppl getting tickets and 1st priority ppl getting nothing. it's caused a lot of butthurt for some folks. My first priority was Chicago N1. Haven't received an email yet. Yet some people at 2nd priority have reported getting reserved tickets. 
    That is the reason we put priority down. It makes no sense to have priority for pics if it was random as you said. In no way should someone that picked a show as a 2nd get it over someone that put it as a first. That is a broken system
    All I'm saying is there was a person here who said they got St Paul tickets for both nights at 5th and 6th priority and then there are people who put those as 1st and/or 2nd priority and haven't heard back yet. I guess they could still get tickets if they're sending out the emails by 10c number. 
    People are thinking about "priority" wrong here. This has *nothing* to do with who has "priority" to get drawn, it is *only* and *strictly* your own personal prioritization of your preference of shows to attend. How to translate those personal rankings into something that looks fair across a matrix of multiple people ranking multiple instances is an entire field of study and there are a thousand ways to do it depending on what factors are considered more important. 

Then what is the point of them asking it? Not looking for a fight, just seems to needlessly complicate things if it doesn't have any impact on what order people get drawn.
    Lol right it is so simlple

5000 pairs to go out for 10C

Priority 1 is drawn

3000 people have it as a first pick. All win

Priority 2 is drawn

2500 people have it as a second pick. 2000 win. 500 lose. 

Everyone after priority 2 loses 

This is not hard. 

With respect, you're very wrong because you're oversimplifying the problem space. Your example doesn't have 9 events with people ranking subsets of them. A forum post isn't the place to get into it, but for some enlightening lay-audience-oriented discussion take a look for example here: https://math.stackexchange.com/questions/372916/ranked-preference-matching-algorithm or google "ranked matching", "preference matching", "stable matching", "bipartite graphs", etc.
    But that is exactly how it was originally explained. First show drawing- All priority 1 gets in the lotto before priority 2, and so on.
    If there are more tickets than those with priority 1, then all who picked priority 1 should have tickets.
    The 8 other shows have no impact on the show being drawn, the lottery doesn’t need to reflect 9 events with subsets.
    This
    Source for where it was explained that way, other than a post by a random on this forum or reddit? 
    Source that says it’s not this way?
    lolwut? Y'all are making the assertion, not me. I'm not interested in trying to prove a negative. 
    It seems like you are
    It seems more like I’m pushing back on people making unfounded assertions that they’re using to justify screaming that the fix is in over a ticket lottery. 
    Ok, all I’m saying is I agree with their theory on how the lottery works, the same as it did in the past.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • whoyouare72whoyouare72 Posts: 2,144
    Again: nobody here knows how the process is actually happening. Some people have a very strong opinion on how it "should" be happening, and to that, I'll just paste this again: 

For the people who think the "only reasonable" way to do it is to pull from priority 1 for a city, then if there's any left, pull from priority 2, etc. Consider these two people's preference sets in order:

Person a: CHI 1 and CHI 2
    Person b: CHI 2 and CHI 1

B got both and A has neither. Does that make sense to you?
    Yes, person B won the lottery and person A did not. Proves that priorities only matter after being selected as a winner in the lottery.
  • Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    Frustrating to see the number of Chicago tickets on StubHub. Even a few GAs.  Also lots of 300s.  I don't think I have seen any 300 level seats awarded in the lottery. 
  • solacesolace Posts: 114
    Go Animal said:

What shows do you want?
    I only put in for St. Paul, was at least hoping to get one via 10c.

Also annoyed that seemingly by not chosing GA/Res and Res options I probably screwed myself, wish that was made more clear in their initial email/on the website rather than just a post on the forum. 
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    Kevinman said:
    MYM said:
    so if someone gets Austin Night 1 and it was their fourth choice.... and it was my second choice, it stands to reason that i should be getting tickets, right?
    Logically yes…..actually…..no idea.
    If your name doesn’t get randomly pulled then it doesn’t matter what priority you listed or your seniority.  Your name never getting pulled means no tickets. 
    Once again. This is fake news. Priority gets first consideration. It's on the FAQ. 
    NO IT ISN'T. I quoted the FAQ last time you said this! Again: "To level the playing field, ticket requests are fulfilled in a randomized selection process while still considering show priority." 

"While still considering show priority" is not REMOTELY similar to "Priority gets first consideration." Not remotely!
    Have to agree here. This is why people with lower priority are getting picked. 
    Anyone still waiting on Chicago N1 as their #1?
    My buddy is.
  • JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,377
    Maybe they cancelled the chicago drop because of tickets showing up on stubhub
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • setlist41 said:
    Yes
    Here's another question - did anyone select side/back for Chicago, and get GA or Reserved already? That's my new theory, that they dumped all of us that picked side/rear (in our minds as a backup) in to those seats. We'll see soon I guess  :)
  • solacesolace Posts: 114
    honestly........ you are batting 85% putting in for 7 shows getting 6.   I'd much rather see someone go 2 of 2.  absolutely crazy
    I hear ya. 😔