Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 811
    kaw753 said:
    Zen23 said:
    Do we think they will rehit venues/citites they hit in 2022? Or can we expect them to venture into locations they haven't been to in some time? Like say Kansas City, MO instead of St. Louis again etc etc 
    If I were in their shoes, I would definitely look for other cities. Especially when I travel all the way to Europe. Just to see something different. Not always just Berlin. Eddie has already visited the Ramones Museum in Berlin often enough and told us enough about it. Time to have a look at Hamburg or Cologne. In the Benelux countries maybe Belgium with its Sportpaleis or ING Arena. Malmö with its arena instead of Stockholm. Could go on and on ...
    I know the Black Keys and QOTSA played some hall in Luxembourg this year. Sign me up for that. Can we all just submit a list of countries in Europe we have not visited? 
    If you mean Den Atelier in Luxemburg, that has a 1200 capacity ;).

Interesting countrys in EU:
    - Scotland 
    - Iceland 
    - Finland
    - Slovakia
    - Latvia
    - Roemenia
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    MM70435 said:
    bobasfeet said:
    jjflash said:
    Been almost 20 years since PJ's played the Orlando area...
    Been over 20 now, since they played Birmingham, AL. Which I dont think is ever happening again.

The new amphitheater in Huntsville is amazing. Would probably happen there before oak mountain.
    The Orion in Huntsville is beauty yet is probably too small for PJ (8K). As someone who lives in AL I'd love to see them play here again. It's a longshot so defo won't be holding my breath, ha
    I'd come home for that.
    That would be a dream. They've been able to get Phish and DMB the last two years, so I think it's definitely possible. I think if they were to play a Bama show, Legacy Arena in Birmingham makes the most sense. It's been renovated within the last couple of years and you could get 18k or so in the venue. The Orion would be an infinitely better atmosphere and experience IMO, but I think Legacy Arena would make the most sense logistically. Anything but Oak Mountain. I hate that place.
    You can forget the Legacy Arena that is for sure.  Ticket sales were so bad there in 2003 they moved it at the last minute to Oak Mountain.    It was all GA except the 10C seats up front and I would guess the place was maybe only 1/2 full at best.  And being the Riot Act tour they did not even play 1/2 full.  It was very, very cold that night.   Eddie said it was the 2nd coldest show they ever played.  Maybe the weather played a part in the poor turnout but advance sales had to have been poor for them to change the venue like that at the last minute.  People actually got angry at me for going to the show just for political reasons alone.  I think the poor turnout was more for political reasons than it was the weather.
    PJ sold poorly in St. Louis and Kansas City in 2010.  Then in 2014 they played St. Louis and the place was full.  I bet they would do a lot better than 2003 if they went back to Birmingham.  Would love to hit a show in some new places.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,291
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

• Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    MM70435 said:
    bobasfeet said:
    jjflash said:
    Been over 20 now, since they played Birmingham, AL. Which I dont think is ever happening again.

The new amphitheater in Huntsville is amazing. Would probably happen there before oak mountain.
    The Orion in Huntsville is beauty yet is probably too small for PJ (8K). As someone who lives in AL I'd love to see them play here again. It's a longshot so defo won't be holding my breath, ha
    I'd come home for that.
    That would be a dream. They've been able to get Phish and DMB the last two years, so I think it's definitely possible. I think if they were to play a Bama show, Legacy Arena in Birmingham makes the most sense. It's been renovated within the last couple of years and you could get 18k or so in the venue. The Orion would be an infinitely better atmosphere and experience IMO, but I think Legacy Arena would make the most sense logistically. Anything but Oak Mountain. I hate that place.
    You can forget the Legacy Arena that is for sure.  Ticket sales were so bad there in 2003 they moved it at the last minute to Oak Mountain.    It was all GA except the 10C seats up front and I would guess the place was maybe only 1/2 full at best.  And being the Riot Act tour they did not even play 1/2 full.  It was very, very cold that night.   Eddie said it was the 2nd coldest show they ever played.  Maybe the weather played a part in the poor turnout but advance sales had to have been poor for them to change the venue like that at the last minute.  People actually got angry at me for going to the show just for political reasons alone.  I think the poor turnout was more for political reasons than it was the weather.
    That stinks about B'ham at the time. I was living in Nashville then and only had money for the show at the Amsouth Amphitheatre (RIP). That one kicked all sorts of ass. 
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

I also heard this .
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    edited October 2023
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

makes sense if they usually start mid june in amsterdam as usual

18 and 20 jun - amsterdam
    23 jun - dublin
    25 jun - manchester
    27 and 29 jun - london

Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    MM70435 said:
    bobasfeet said:
    jjflash said:

I'd come home for that.
    PJ sold poorly in St. Louis and Kansas City in 2010.  Then in 2014 they played St. Louis and the place was full.  I bet they would do a lot better than 2003 if they went back to Birmingham.  Would love to hit a show in some new places.
    This is a different band and fan base now. There are so few shows now that fans travel all over. They would EASILY sell out B'ham or just about any city in the US these days. 

2003 was so much different and shouldn't be used just like 06 or 2010. they had shows all over and hadn't slowed down touring yet. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 498
    edited October 2023
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

Where on facebook? This is usually not the most trustworthy place.
  • Options
    just_one said:
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

23 jun - dublin
    25 jun - manchester
    27 and 29 jun - london

Nope. 3arena is not available 23 June.
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

23 jun - dublin
    25 jun - manchester
    27 and 29 jun - london

maybe they will do London , manchester dublin then.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,291
    edited October 2023
    JackD. said:
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

In a music group I'm in..say source has been reliable but not 100 percent 
    Post edited by deb1211 on
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,089
    I think they'd draw good for Birmingham.  I'd definitely go since Atlanta keeps getting the shaft. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Just based on past history if they are playing Dublin then the Euro tour likely starts there.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,758
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

23 jun - dublin
    25 jun - manchester
    27 and 29 jun - london

Could be Marlay Park or Malahide as their concerts are usually around the end of june.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,449
    Kearn5y said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

23 jun - dublin
    25 jun - manchester
    27 and 29 jun - london

Could be Marlay Park or Malahide as their concerts are usually around the end of june.
    Fingers crossed you’ll actually get a Dublin show :) 
  • Options
    Could play RDS in Dublin. Its open on the 23rd. 
    Saw the Foo Fighters there in 19. I think Bruce played there this year?
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

23 jun - dublin
    25 jun - manchester
    27 and 29 jun - london

Fingers crossed you’ll actually get a Dublin show :) 
    Lets hope so. Long overdue 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Rammstein are playing there on that date and If they were playing the RDS it would probably be after that date as Rammstein usually have their own stage. 

I havnt been their since 2006 when GNR & Metallica played the mini Download festival. Good venue
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 324
    Zen23 said:
    Do we think they will rehit venues/citites they hit in 2022? Or can we expect them to venture into locations they haven't been to in some time? Like say Kansas City, MO instead of St. Louis again etc etc 
    If I were in their shoes, I would definitely look for other cities. Especially when I travel all the way to Europe. Just to see something different. Not always just Berlin. Eddie has already visited the Ramones Museum in Berlin often enough and told us enough about it. Time to have a look at Hamburg or Cologne. In the Benelux countries maybe Belgium with its Sportpaleis or ING Arena. Malmö with its arena instead of Stockholm. Could go on and on ...
    Although I'm from Finland, Ljubljana would be a nice travel.
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Rammstein are playing there on that date and If they were playing the RDS it would probably be after that date as Rammstein usually have their own stage. 

I havnt been their since 2006 when GNR & Metallica played the mini Download festival. Good venue
    Oh, cool. I went to their calendar and just saw they had a match there the day before.

Apparently, I sing in a Canadian accent? My wife and I were there from Alabama and some guys were like "are you from Canada?"
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 324
    JABK said:
    Zen23 said:
    Although I'm from Finland, Ljubljana would be a nice travel.
    Or Kaunas...
  • Options
    Keep in mind, those dates are made up by just_one. The original (maybe credible) rumor didn‘t have dates.
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 278
    deb1211 said:
    JackD. said:
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

In a music group I'm in..say source has been reliable but not 100 percent 
    Thanks for sharing. Really hope for that !
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 777
    Robbert said:
    kaw753 said:
    Zen23 said:
    I know the Black Keys and QOTSA played some hall in Luxembourg this year. Sign me up for that. Can we all just submit a list of countries in Europe we have not visited? 
    If you mean Den Atelier in Luxemburg, that has a 1200 capacity ;).

Interesting countrys in EU:
    - Scotland 
    - Iceland 
    - Finland
    - Slovakia
    - Latvia
    - Roemenia
    Rockhal. Seats 6500 GA according to Wiki.
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    Keep in mind, those dates are made up by just_one. The original (maybe credible) rumor didn‘t have dates.

yeah my dates are made up!! just based on late june rumour. just making assumptions thats all
  • Options
    MF658872MF658872 Posts: 249
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

yeah my dates are made up!! just based on late june rumour. just making assumptions that's all
    I guess late June would rule Slane Castle out
    Philly 1 2016                     
    EV New York 2016            
    TOTD Philly 2 2016 
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction 2017 
    Boston 1 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    EV New York 1 & 2 2022
    Berlin 2022
    Frankfurt 2022
    New York 2022
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 969
    Re slane. Lord mountcharles the lad who owns it. Said he wants 2 shows in 2024.. it will be 14 years kn June 2024 since the band played Dublin.  Get arses in gear please. Smashing pumpkins and weezer playing too in summer. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    MF658872 said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:

yeah my dates are made up!! just based on late june rumour. just making assumptions that's all
    I guess late June would rule Slane Castle out
    Please no unless every other venue is booked. Hate slane
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,533
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

Just to be clear in case someone is wondering (and yes, this will be important to some), Taylor Swift is scheduled for London and Dublin around the same time.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    deb1211 said:
    Seen on facebook

***RUMOURS ***

Late June 2024 
    Dublin
    Manchester 
    London 2 dates.
    4 shows 1 week

Just to be clear in case someone is wondering (and yes, this will be important to some), Taylor Swift is scheduled for London and Dublin around the same time.
    So Travis Kelce will be in Europe in the summer of 2024?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
This discussion has been closed.