Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    Chicago is the only city with dates that feel solid - unprofessional for a news channel to air dates for shows that were off a rumor - right?
    Pretty much 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,687
    I suppose in a rumor thread it’s fair to expect some level of a shakeup, that’s what refundable bookings are for. 
    BTW pls let the Vegas dates be solid!
  • Options
    WillistonWilliston Minnesota Posts: 36
    @Facemeltor So the Boston dates are 100% confirmed/correct? September 15 &17th? 
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    Anybody have an updated Indy date now that conflicts with another artist?
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    BF25394 said:
    My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Eddie pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
    That person is my dentist.    And Save Ferris 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Yes Seattle may have changed. 

There was always supposed to be a late April show in Seattle. Warm up show with no venue given to me. I did not share this as it was not mine to share at the time. 

End of May was supposed to be 2 shows. 

Now it seems some are saying Seattle is getting 3 single shows split up into 3 different timeframes. I likely will not get anymore info on my end for awhile if at all but will update if I hear anything. 
    I don’t know anything but I once made the comment that 4 days between Van and PDX didn’t make sense.  
    Budgeting for potential playoff conflict.

Edit: it’s all built around BottleRock.
    Respectfully disagree with playoff comment:  Van city is already spread 2 shows over 3 days.  And no playoff issues in Portland with just a single show.   That Wednesday has always cried out for a show somewhere.  
    As a friend who knows these things better than I do pointed out: no hockey for 3 consecutive days during a playoff series is highly unlikely.
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:

There was always supposed to be a late April show in Seattle. Warm up show with no venue given to me. I did not share this as it was not mine to share at the time. 

Now it seems some are saying Seattle is getting 3 single shows split up into 3 different timeframes. I likely will not get anymore info on my end for awhile if at all but will update if I hear anything. 
    I don’t know anything but I once made the comment that 4 days between Van and PDX didn’t make sense.  

Respectfully disagree with playoff comment:  Van city is already spread 2 shows over 3 days.  And no playoff issues in Portland with just a single show.   That Wednesday has always cried out for a show somewhere.  
    As a friend who knows these things better than I do pointed out: no hockey for 3 consecutive days during a playoff series is highly unlikely.
    100 Pacer said:
    100 Pacer said:

Until Edmonton bounces the Canucks in the first round. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    setlist41 said:
    Still the 26th as far as I know. Someone just pmd me telling me its the 25th but thats New Kids. 
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    setlist41 said:
    Still the 26th as far as I know. Someone just pmd me telling me its the 25th but thats New Kids. 
    Thanks! I noticed that too... appreciate it
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,291
    URthekey said:
    I suppose in a rumor thread it’s fair to expect some level of a shakeup, that’s what refundable bookings are for. 
    I sure hope so about Vegas 
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    URthekey said:
    I sure hope so about Vegas 
    Yes, keep Vegas and LA the same 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,952
    Williston said:
    @Facemeltor So the Boston dates are 100% confirmed/correct? September 15 &17th? 
    If so I think I’ll be doing night 1 only 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    So r we still thinking feb announcement or can I hold out hope for every Tuesday in the month of January?
    April 29, 2003 Pepsi Arena, Albany                            September 15, 2005 Bell Center, Montreal       May 16, 2006 Meadows, Hartford

June 28, 2008  Comcast Center, Mansfield               October 25, 2013 XL Center, Hartford               August 5, 2006 Fenway Park, Boston

August 7, 2006 Fenway Park, Boston                         September 2, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston        September 4, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston

June 22, 2024 Marlay Park, Dublin, Ireland.              “If I had known then, what I know now."           "There's an upside of down." 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    So r we still thinking feb announcement or can I hold out hope for every Tuesday in the month of January?
    I hate saying this but i think the announcement will be feb 12 😔 hope to god im wrong though
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,332
    edited January 16
    I’m considering doing the Vancouver shows (assuming the dates are correct), but I’m a little concerned about a last-minute date change due to the NHL playoffs. Anyone have any thoughts/insight on this?
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 628
    just_one said:
    I hate saying this but i think the announcement will be feb 12 😔 hope to god im wrong though
    … it sounds like 2/13 is the date.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,890
    Is the theory that February 13 is when the tour dates will be announced, or that it is when the album information will be announced? I'm assuming the former since it seems like the album information must be imminent with the listening party in two weeks.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,362
    just_one said:
    Time to just accept it I think😂
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 676
    BF25394 said:
    Is the theory that February 13 is when the tour dates will be announced, or that it is when the album information will be announced? I'm assuming the former since it seems like the album information must be imminent with the listening party in two weeks.
    The dates for sure, the album itself maybe maybe not? The listening party is a closed event for media & industry types, there’s no reason that can’t happen before the announcement. Some music biz people would have heard the album months ago anyway.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    I think the theory is everything wil be announced on February 13th. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,438
    If the news about the single(s) turns out to be accurate it seems odd that album details would be another month out. But like who knows man.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 676
    Remember that Long Way and The Haves were released as standalone singles before Earthling was announced. Album presales didn’t go up until Brother the Cloud. So a single could absolutely come ahead of the announcement.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    kmcmanus said:
    Remember that Long Way and The Haves were released as standalone singles before Earthling was announced. Album presales didn’t go up until Brother the Cloud. So a single could absolutely come ahead of the announcement.

Wouldn't they want a single out for radio that'll soon forget new PJ exists because they're playing early 90s PJ and modern, heavy stuff more closer to metal?

And "yes" to all the stuff about NHL and NBA playoffs.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Earthling precedent notwithstanding, it would surprise me if they released a single without announcing the album that it's from. It would be marketing malpractice. Of course, they did exactly that with "Can't Deny Me," so anything's possible.

Or maybe they'll announce the new single is from the forthcoming album, and then it will turn out that the album is titled forthcoming and "Can't Deny Me" will also be on it. That would be some retconning right there.
  • Options
    MattayMattay Posts: 35
    When this thread reaches page 200, do we get a prize?
  • Options
    Mattay said:
    When this thread reaches page 200, do we get a prize?
    Tell them what they've won:

A BRAND NEW PEARL JAM SINGLE!!!
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,523
    edited January 16
    steven87 said:
    I’m considering doing the Vancouver shows (assuming the dates are correct), but I’m a little concerned about a last-minute date change due to the NHL playoffs. Anyone have any thoughts/insight on this?
    That's been known to happen. Playoffs usually take priority. A recent example is GnR having to move their show from the Diamondbacks stadium last fall. 

Three straight days off at a venue during the playoffs isn't unlikely because they will have away games for part of each series. But whether they'd be home or away on certain dates depends on seedings and when each series starts which is tough to predict at this point. 
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,399
    SHZA said:
    steven87 said:
    That's been known to happen. Playoffs usually take priority. A recent example is GnR having to move their show from the Diamondbacks stadium last fall. 

Three straight days off at a venue during the playoffs isn't unlikely because they will have away games for part of each series. But whether they'd be home or away on certain dates depends on seedlings and when each series starts which is tough to predict at this point. 

This occurred to me about the Vancouver dates too.   They must be banking on the 'nucks sucking again, but they do have a decent regular season record thus far.  How deep in the playoffs do you need to got to make it to early may?  2nd round?

Unless the shows are at the pacific coliseum, which would kind of suck.  Rogers Arena is a really good concert arena, there's a reason they replace the coliseum :)
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    February 13th Video Theory. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,291
    edited January 16
    Zod said:
    SHZA said:
    steven87 said:

Three straight days off at a venue during the playoffs isn't unlikely because they will have away games for part of each series. But whether they'd be home or away on certain dates depends on seedlings and when each series starts which is tough to predict at this point. 

This occurred to me about the Vancouver dates too.   They must be banking on the 'nucks sucking again, but they do have a decent regular season record thus far.  How deep in the playoffs do you need to got to make it to early may?  2nd round?

Unless the shows are at the pacific coliseum, which would kind of suck.  Rogers Arena is a really good concert arena, there's a reason they replace the coliseum :)
    Second round is about right. Nhl season ends April 18. Vancouver is best team in league right now. They would have to have a pretty good collapse to not make playoffs at this point. Kraken are fighting for a playoff spot but until yesterday had been rolling.
    Post edited by deb1211 on
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 263
    SHZA said:
    BF25394 said:
    The Bulls never won anything without Krause, before and after him.  Rebuilding since 1998
    I'm not here to cast aspersions on Jerry Krause, who deserves his share of credit for the success that occurred on his watch, but this statement is also true if you substitute "Jordan" for "Krause."
    Or Pippen. Or Phil.

But Jordan was going to win championships no matter who was running the team. (Though maybe not 6 straight in the years he played). It's far less certain Krause would have won any without MJ 
    The Bulls did not win 6 straight in the years Jordan played.  He was on the floor when Orlando beat them in 6 games in 95.  People sometimes think that does not count because he was rusty due to the layoff.  He was still good enough to score 55 against the Knicks at MSG that same year.  That 95 Bulls team that lost with Jordan on the floor was a little soft down low.  That team was post Horace Grant and pre Dennis Rodman.  They had no answer for Shaq without either one of those guys.  Grant was actually on the Orlando team that beat the Bulls with Jordan on the floor.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
This discussion has been closed.