albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,037
    mrvish66 said:
    Absolutely stoked (assuming the rumours are true?) about PJ coming to Oz in November!! 🤘
    Sure is, and the Adelaide 500 motor race rumour is gaining momentum here btw. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Planet of SoundPlanet of Sound UK Posts: 546
    Wws leaked and was everywhere before avocado 
    They also played most of Avocado live at the Astoria (RIP) a week or so before the album came out, but that was a long time ago!
  • Options
    MattayMattay Posts: 35
    So does the mean Can’t Deny Me and Ole could be on the new album? 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    BF25394 said:
    Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but, to the best of my recollection, it has been a long time since Pearl Jam premiered a new original song or songs live before an album release. We all remember multiple songs that ended up on Vitalogy debuting live on the Vs. tour, including "Corduroy," "Immortality," "Whipping," "Satan's Bed" and "Better Man." But-- again, as best I can remember-- for the last several albums, new songs have been embargoed live until album release. (Set aside new songs that were played live but then never appeared on a studio album, like "Of the Earth.") Unless they do a surprise album drop this Friday or next, shows in late January would predate the album release (and it wouldn't make sense to have a listening party on January 31 if the album had dropped already) so something would have to give.
    LB & Future Days played live before LB release.
    Supersonic played live before Backspacer release. 
    Comatose (AKA Crapshoot Rapture) & Gone played live before S/T release.
    I Am Mine, Thumbing My Way, etc. played before Riot Act release.

Etc, etc... 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,768
    They also played most of Avocado live at the Astoria (RIP) a week or so before the album came out, but that was a long time ago!
    And that was a beautiful day
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142
    edited January 15
    Yes, but not an instant classic show (what could have been) for me. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584
    Ed played unthought known on his solo tour before it was released.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,760
    Gone was played in Atlantic City in 2005
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    stonesstones Posts: 244
    on2legs said:
    Ed played unthought known on his solo tour before it was released.  
    Also true for River Cross
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,032
    Wife's birthday is today,  really had a feeling they would announce the rest of the european tour today 😔
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,240
    The elation of having them back in Europe for the first time in 6 years was off the charts 
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 411
    edited January 15
    Post edited. Question already answered.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,768
    The elation of having them back in Europe for the first time in 6 years was off the charts 
    So small and close. And new music. The best
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 679
    edited January 15
    just_one said:
    Wife's birthday is today,  really had a feeling they would announce the rest of the european tour today 😔
    Every single thing we know points towards 2/13. Start getting a feeling they’ll announce
    it then and you’ll be less disappointed for the next 29 days.
    Post edited by kmcmanus on
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,529
    BF25394 said:
    The Bulls never won anything without Krause, before and after him.  Rebuilding since 1998
    I'm not here to cast aspersions on Jerry Krause, who deserves his share of credit for the success that occurred on his watch, but this statement is also true if you substitute "Jordan" for "Krause."
    Or Pippen. Or Phil.

But Jordan was going to win championships no matter who was running the team. (Though maybe not 6 straight in the years he played). It's far less certain Krause would have won any without MJ 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,535
    just_one said:
    My wife's birthday is today, too.  Happy birthday, honey!
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,593
    BF25394 said:
    3 "secret" preview shows in L.A. at a historic (and incredibly small) venue in West Hollywood, at the end of January.  Might be some local 10club people offered tickets, but will be 90% friends and industry people. This will be before the listening party. 
    The Troubadour January 28-29-30.

I used to live 1,000 feet from there. It would be amazing to see them in that space.
    I will be in L.A. 27-29 my cousin has a gig at the Teragram.
    So make this happen

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,894
    JK109224 said:
    BF25394 said:
    JK109224 said:
    They played Comatose in 2005.
    Right. They were calling it "Crapshoot Rapture" then, no?

Still, that's pre-smartphone. YouTube was one month into its existence.
    I forgot about them calling it that but yes they did!

They also played I Am Mine in 2001.
    Yes, but that's even more ancient history.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    edited January 15
    BF25394 said:
    3 "secret" preview shows in L.A. at a historic (and incredibly small) venue in West Hollywood, at the end of January.  Might be some local 10club people offered tickets, but will be 90% friends and industry people. This will be before the listening party. 
    The Troubadour January 28-29-30.

I used to live 1,000 feet from there. It would be amazing to see them in that space.
    I will be in L.A. 27-29 my cousin has a gig at the Teragram.
    So make this happen

I'm on it.
  • Options
    raindog80 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but, to the best of my recollection, it has been a long time since Pearl Jam premiered a new original song or songs live before an album release. We all remember multiple songs that ended up on Vitalogy debuting live on the Vs. tour, including "Corduroy," "Immortality," "Whipping," "Satan's Bed" and "Better Man." But-- again, as best I can remember-- for the last several albums, new songs have been embargoed live until album release. (Set aside new songs that were played live but then never appeared on a studio album, like "Of the Earth.") Unless they do a surprise album drop this Friday or next, shows in late January would predate the album release (and it wouldn't make sense to have a listening party on January 31 if the album had dropped already) so something would have to give.

Etc, etc... 
    I appreciate the detailed responses, but I wasn't saying they've never done this. I cited five examples from Vitalogy. The point was that it is something they have rarely done since the advent of smartphones and YouTube. In the past fifteen years, we've got one performance each of "Lightning Bolt" and "Future Days" and two performances of "Mind Your Manners" and "Supersonic" (not including performances that were within a week of album release; the Lightning Bolt tour started four days before the album came out and they played those tracks at those shows).

But, having said that, the fact that it is been done even just these few times during this period does show that they don't have a hard-and-fast rule. It all seems to point to a release sooner (i.e., February) rather than later (i.e., April)-- although I'll still squat on April 5 in the release date pool since I laid that marker down a long time ago and will be happy to be wrong.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    BF25394 said:
    raindog80 said:
    BF25394 said:

Etc, etc... 
    I appreciate the detailed responses, but I wasn't saying they've never done this. I cited five examples from Vitalogy. The point was that it is something they have rarely done since the advent of smartphones and YouTube. In the past fifteen years, we've got one performance each of "Lightning Bolt" and "Future Days" and two performances of "Mind Your Manners" and "Supersonic" (not including performances that were within a week of album release; the Lightning Bolt tour started four days before the album came out and they played those tracks at those shows).

But, having said that, the fact that it is been done even just these few times during this period does show that they don't have a hard-and-fast rule. It all seems to point to a release sooner (i.e., February) rather than later (i.e., April)-- although I'll still squat on April 5 in the release date pool since I laid that marker down a long time ago and will be happy to be wrong.
    What do you win in this pool? I had no idea there actually was one.

Also, people still recorded and shared most of the ‘few’ examples of them playing new songs before the release and the band knew this would happen.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,657
    Do leaks even matter?   Most people don't buy music anymore, and the people that do are going to buy it regardless.  
  • Options
    What do you win in this pool? I had no idea there actually was one.

It's just a joke referencing another thread-- or maybe it was earlier in this thread.
  • Options
    Do leaks even matter?   Most people don't buy music anymore, and the people that do are going to buy it regardless.  
    I'm just saying that they used to do this a lot more pre-YouTube/smartphone, and it seems that they have done it very infrequently since then. (Granted, they have only released three albums in the 18-year era of the smartphone.)

I would think it is more about scale. Bootleg recordings pre-YouTube were less accessible. People had to work harder and possibly pay to obtain them. Now a video of a performance of a new song goes up immediately for free where anyone who wants can see it. I can see why they might be more inclined to embargo new stuff in that environment.

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,678
    The band played material from Yield while opening for the Rolling Stones and as the Honking Seals later that week. To the original point: yes when touring cycles were more frequently aligned with album releases (and albums were being released more often) we’d often hear new material live before a release.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    I think their touring and recording schedule plays a big role in limiting new unreleased songs live. They were doing a lot of touring and writing, often recording, while on tour back then. They also had a pretty limited song pool in 94/95, so room in set list to try new ones and audience wanted to hear new stuff as well. 
  • Options
    I think their touring and recording schedule plays a big role in limiting new unreleased songs live. They were doing a lot of touring and writing, often recording, while on tour back then. They also had a pretty limited song pool in 94/95, so room in set list to try new ones and audience wanted to hear new stuff as well. 
    That is true.
  • Options
    macataemacatae Posts: 73
    Getting frustrated in waiting for the tour dates. With flights hotels etc booked for the summer leaving it this late may cause problems if you intend being at a few shows on the tour. Europe I mean. I am not bothered by new album news that will take care of itself but just hoping for the various cities I love to see them play in. 
    Berlin 30/06/10, Amsterdam 26/06/12, Amsterdam 27/06/12, Berlin 4/07/12, Berlin 5/07/12 Brooklyn NYC 18/10/13, Brooklyn NYC 19/10/13, Philadelphia 21/10/13, Philadelphia 22/10/13, Amsterdam 16/06/14, Amsterdam 17/06/14, Vienna 25/06/14, Berlin 26/06/14, Amsterdam 12/06/18, Amsterdam 13/06/18, London 18/06/18, Prague 01/07/18, Berlin 05/07/18, Barcelona 10/07/18, Berlin 21/06/22, Zurich 23/06/22, Copenhagen 5/07/22, Budapest 12/07/22, Amsterdam 25/07/22
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,525
    macatae said:
    Getting frustrated in waiting for the tour dates. With flights hotels etc booked for the summer leaving it this late may cause problems if you intend being at a few shows on the tour. Europe I mean. I am not bothered by new album news that will take care of itself but just hoping for the various cities I love to see them play in. 
    First world problems
This discussion has been closed.