Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,657
    edited January 13
    Hopefully they skip Chicago.  People that boo widows need to eat sh*t.  

I can get past all of the murderin’ and car jacking, but booing a widow?  What a disgrace. 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,674
    edited January 13

I can get past all of the murderin’ and car jacking, but booing a widow?  What a disgrace. 
    They wont skip, but crazy it only took 13 days to get the most classless moment in sports for 2024.  Booing a guy after 6 banners?  Damn, most teams would take one.  Here's to a hopeful 100 year championship drought for the Bulls.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    Jordan deserves some blame for that. Years after the fact, he was still piling on and publicly treating Jerry like the villain.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,974
    It’s funny how there are three topics running now - wrestling, BC’s housing policies, and dubious source of info on new songs.  All good, it’s just funny watching multiple conversations happen in the thread and none of them are tour rumors.  
    I figured it out RS, how this ties in. Ed's  going to start wearing his wrestling mask again on the tour!!! 🤭🤤
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,525

You blame the whole city for some losers? Then skip every city in the US... there are plenty everywhere. 
    But it is classless and horrible that some in arena did that...
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    Tim Floyd 😆 
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,876
    Just booked a trip to Seattle for end of May.  Taking my daughter for graduating college this Spring.  Hoping we get Seattle dates around then.  🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,535

CM Punk. CM Punk.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,528
    ComeToTX said:
    We have a similar law here and it does nothing to deter Airbnb’s. The fine isn’t enough to worry about for homeowners making a ton from their rentals. 
    The new law here in B.C. carries fines of $3,000 per infraction per day, that’s some serious teeth.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,650
    edited January 14
    mwplum said:
    ComeToTX said:
    We have a similar law here and it does nothing to deter Airbnb’s. The fine isn’t enough to worry about for homeowners making a ton from their rentals. 
    The new law here in B.C. carries fines of $3,000 per infraction per day, that’s some serious teeth.
    Definitely more than here. I actually have a vacation scheduled for up there in June. We’d probably have to go somewhere else if our rental is canceled. 
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,974
    ^ In my city we don't have enough By-law Officers to enforce both homelessness and this policy to prevent homelessness. I hope we go proactive.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181

Nobody was booing his widow, they were booing him.
    Jordan deserves some blame for that. Years after the fact, he was still piling on and publicly treating Jerry like the villain.
    Gotta wonder how many people that were doing it were even fans during the run or just watched Last Dance.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,450
    mattcoz said:

Gotta wonder how many people that were doing it were even fans during the run or just watched Last Dance.
    I'm sure it would comfort the woman to be reassured that it was not her being loudly booed but her dead husband 
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,352
    mattcoz said:

pjl44 said:
    mattcoz said:

I'm sure it would comfort the woman to be reassured that it was not her being loudly booed but her dead husband 
    The Bulls never won anything without Krause, before and after him.  Rebuilding since 1998
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,894
    The Bulls never won anything without Krause, before and after him.  Rebuilding since 1998
    I'm not here to cast aspersions on Jerry Krause, who deserves his share of credit for the success that occurred on his watch, but this statement is also true if you substitute "Jordan" for "Krause."
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    edited January 15
    BF25394 said:
    I'm not here to cast aspersions on Jerry Krause, who deserves his share of credit for the success that occurred on his watch, but this statement is also true if you substitute "Jordan" for "Krause."
    I’m not booing Krause for his part in getting the Bulls six championships when the Bulls could only fall and trip over themselves before those championship winning seasons.  Jordan played a big role in the championship seasons, not saying he didn’t.

Reinsdorf deserves more blame than Krause in not trying to do more in getting one more season of the winning core after the 1998 championship.
    Post edited by iwasatpj20 on
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    mattcoz said:

Krause would be able to handle the booing if he was still alive.  I would expect the hate was worse for his family over the years having to see someone they cared about be maligned even if part of the gig to some extent.  

Regardless, a kids game that people take way too seriously because they hate their own lives.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mattcoz said:

Krause would be able to handle the booing if he was still alive.  I would expect the hate was worse for his family over the years having to see someone they cared about be maligned even if part of the gig to some extent.  

Regardless, a kids game that people take way too seriously because they hate their own lives.
    Craig, your take is correct.  I appreciate that the Bulls won six championships in my life when other franchises have never won any.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options
    3 "secret" preview shows in L.A. at a historic (and incredibly small) venue in West Hollywood, at the end of January.  Might be some local 10club people offered tickets, but will be 90% friends and industry people. This will be before the listening party. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    edited January 15
    3 "secret" preview shows in L.A. at a historic (and incredibly small) venue in West Hollywood, at the end of January.  Might be some local 10club people offered tickets, but will be 90% friends and industry people. This will be before the listening party. 
    The Troubadour January 28-29-30.

I used to live 1,000 feet from there. It would be amazing to see them in that space.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
  • Options
    I'm just making shit up, but yeah, that's where I got it from. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    That would be awesome if true.
  • Options
    Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but, to the best of my recollection, it has been a long time since Pearl Jam premiered a new original song or songs live before an album release. We all remember multiple songs that ended up on Vitalogy debuting live on the Vs. tour, including "Corduroy," "Immortality," "Whipping," "Satan's Bed" and "Better Man." But-- again, as best I can remember-- for the last several albums, new songs have been embargoed live until album release. (Set aside new songs that were played live but then never appeared on a studio album, like "Of the Earth.") Unless they do a surprise album drop this Friday or next, shows in late January would predate the album release (and it wouldn't make sense to have a listening party on January 31 if the album had dropped already) so something would have to give.
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 630
    BF25394 said:
    Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but, to the best of my recollection, it has been a long time since Pearl Jam premiered a new original song or songs live before an album release. We all remember multiple songs that ended up on Vitalogy debuting live on the Vs. tour, including "Corduroy," "Immortality," "Whipping," "Satan's Bed" and "Better Man." But-- again, as best I can remember-- for the last several albums, new songs have been embargoed live until album release. (Set aside new songs that were played live but then never appeared on a studio album, like "Of the Earth.") Unless they do a surprise album drop this Friday or next, shows in late January would predate the album release (and it wouldn't make sense to have a listening party on January 31 if the album had dropped already) so something would have to give.
    I think Lightning Bolt and Future Days premiered at Wrigley 2013 before the album and NAIS and Thin Air at a Bridge before Binaural, I guess Grievance from Letterman and the Bellingham show as well were a bit before it released. Spotty, but it does happen.
  • Options
    JK109224JK109224 Posts: 593
    They played Comatose in 2005.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    I think Lightning Bolt and Future Days premiered at Wrigley 2013 before the album and NAIS and Thin Air at a Bridge before Binaural, I guess Grievance from Letterman and the Bellingham show as well were a bit before it released. Spotty, but it does happen.
    Thanks for that info. I didn't remember that about Lightning Bolt. That is reasonably recent on the Pearl Jam time scale.

Binaural
    was 24 years ago-- pre-YouTube and smartphone. They had less reason to be concerned about songs being out there before they were officially released.
  • Options
    JK109224 said:
    Right. They were calling it "Crapshoot Rapture" then, no?

Still, that's pre-smartphone. YouTube was one month into its existence.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    JK109224 said:
    Right. They were calling it "Crapshoot Rapture" then, no?

Still, that's pre-smartphone. YouTube was one month into its existence.
    I forgot about them calling it that but yes they did!

They also played I Am Mine in 2001.
  • Options
    mrvish66mrvish66 Melbourne, Australia Posts: 2
    Absolutely stoked (assuming the rumours are true?) about PJ coming to Oz in November!! 🤘
  • Options
    They're true 👍
This discussion has been closed.