Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 675
    The Rock said:
    It makes sense that more dates are announced on the newsletter on Wednesday when they announce the Bottlerock date.
    They don’t announce tours in the newsletter. Current rumor for announcement date is 2/13, nothing we’ve seen so far makes me think they are moving that up
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,431
    kmcmanus said:
    The Rock said:
    It makes sense that more dates are announced on the newsletter on Wednesday when they announce the Bottlerock date.
    They don’t announce tours in the newsletter. Current rumor for announcement date is 2/13, nothing we’ve seen so far makes me think they are moving that up
    I refuse to give up hope 🙏 
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    Mattay said:
    Queenstown is just about the most perfect place on Earth.  You're gonna love it.
    What's the best way to get from the north island to the south island?  Flying, boat, is there a car ferry?  Thanks.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 159
    Zod said:
    It's a bit of a blessing and a curse right?   If delaying announcements makes it tough on travelling fans, and less travelling fans go, that does theoretically make it easier for locals to get tickets.

This^ 
    In this day of more frequent cancellations, and high demand with fewer shows/tours, they don’t want people traveling to shows. They want the locals and people in the nearby region to go to these shows. They will still sell out, but with so many people traveling to see this band, it makes it that much harder for people who don’t travel to get tickets the once a decade they come to most cities. Plus, if something happens where they have to cancel, the less people traveling, the less they have to hear the complaints of “I took a week off work and spent thousands to fly across the country and see you, only for the show to be postponed/cancelled!”
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 57
    Melzombie said:
    Does anyone know another airport to fly into other than Missoula International? I was plugging in dates and the cost is similar to flying international from where I live. Trying to see if it is more cost effective to fly into a bigger airport and rent a car to get to Missoula. What did everyone do the last time they played? 
    I flew into Great Falls in 2018. About a 3 hour drive but incredible scenery along the way
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,510
    Had been considering the New Zealand shows, and the biggest selling point just hit me. The shows are right after the election. So, if trump wins, we can just stay there and claim asylum. ;)
    That's what I'll do
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,468
    JD87070 said:
    Zod said:
    It's a bit of a blessing and a curse right?   If delaying announcements makes it tough on travelling fans, and less travelling fans go, that does theoretically make it easier for locals to get tickets.

This^ 
    In this day of more frequent cancellations, and high demand with fewer shows/tours, they don’t want people traveling to shows. They want the locals and people in the nearby region to go to these shows. They will still sell out, but with so many people traveling to see this band, it makes it that much harder for people who don’t travel to get tickets the once a decade they come to most cities. Plus, if something happens where they have to cancel, the less people traveling, the less they have to hear the complaints of “I took a week off work and spent thousands to fly across the country and see you, only for the show to be postponed/cancelled!”
    IMO they don’t care where the customers live.  Their objective is to make as much money as possible from the tour as a whole.  That is the only thing explaining the announcement and sales order.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    JojoRice said:
    I hope they announce all of the shows at once but have 4 separate lotteries.  1 for NA leg 1, 1 for Europe, 1 for NA leg 2, and 1 for Aussie. 
    +1
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    JD87070 said:
    Zod said:

This^ 

You guys are reading way too much into this.  It is standard for them to announce a festival and then the other dates. Unless there is another festival.  Then the other dates will follow that announcement.
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    kmcmanus said:
    The Rock said:
    Exactly
  • Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 214
    13 Feb is just another guess. Just like December was a guess. If it’s all booked, announce it. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,954
    edited January 8
    Had been considering the New Zealand shows, and the biggest selling point just hit me. The shows are right after the election. So, if trump wins, we can just stay there and claim asylum. ;)
    That's what I'll do
    Me n Pipsqueak will speak French so we're not mistaken for you Americans.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    Zod said:

I'm just hoping the two rumored N.A. legs get announced and sold together.   There's been a few tours where there were separate lotto's for East/West.  If Seattle is a local market for you, it's so hard to get tickets when they do that, because so many people travel in for Seattle shows (that also got a 1st pick for the Eastern leg). 

Then again the rumour is two Vancouver shows, so maybe that's the way I go if Seattle is a tough get.
    I hear what you're saying, but I would be shocked if they did the lottos at the same time, so I wouldn't get hopes up. I've been in Seattle for the last 3 shows (one at Key and the ballpark shows), and I got tix through tenclub for all 3. Granted, they were my 1st or 2nd priority, but I'm not worried about getting in the door for both this time around.
    Yah, Seattle 2013 was the first and only time I missed getting Seattle 10c tickets in the last 20 years.   Including getting the limited tickets to Key Arena Show in 2002 and Gorge in '05, when the 10c allotment was very limited.    We ended up using TM and there was nothing left as soon as it went on sale.  We ended up getting nosebleeds behind the stage that went on sale about 30 minutes in, and were just at the wrong level where the lighting rig and metal bird blocked the view of 90% of the stage and we couldn't see anything :(

I also remember the lineups for ticket pickup in 2000.  It was crazy.  The demand for the Seattle shows is always through the roof.   Which to be fair, is something I think East Coasters deal with a lot because of how big the cities are, and how close they are to each other over there.  Here in the pacific northwest, it's not overly difficult to get tickets to the non-Seattle shows.

I have to imagine home town shows at the Arena would be top demand again, and the capacity is 60% lower than when they sold out two shows at Safeco Field.  I predict Seattle tickets (if at Climate Pledge) will be a hard get.     Albeit there will be two shows this time instead of 1, but I still expect demand to far outstrip supply.

I suppose the wrench in the thing is fan2fan.   It's like the F5 of old. If your determined enough you can get quality 10c tickets to any show (even if you aren't  a 10c member) :)
  • Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 464
    edited January 8
    camhendy said:
    You'd think this years opener is going to be tucked somewhere in that lineup
    The Aquadolls maybe? They've played Ohana twice I believe.
    Post edited by DE4173 on
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,954
    edited January 8
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

I'm just hoping the two rumored N.A. legs get announced and sold together.   There's been a few tours where there were separate lotto's for East/West.  If Seattle is a local market for you, it's so hard to get tickets when they do that, because so many people travel in for Seattle shows (that also got a 1st pick for the Eastern leg). 

Then again the rumour is two Vancouver shows, so maybe that's the way I go if Seattle is a tough get.
    I hear what you're saying, but I would be shocked if they did the lottos at the same time, so I wouldn't get hopes up. I've been in Seattle for the last 3 shows (one at Key and the ballpark shows), and I got tix through tenclub for all 3. Granted, they were my 1st or 2nd priority, but I'm not worried about getting in the door for both this time around.
    Yah, Seattle 2013 was the first and only time I missed getting Seattle 10c tickets in the last 20 years.   Including getting the limited tickets to Key Arena Show in 2002 and Gorge in '05, when the 10c allotment was very limited.    We ended up using TM and there was nothing left as soon as it went on sale.  We ended up getting nosebleeds behind the stage that went on sale about 30 minutes in, and were just at the wrong level where the lighting rig and metal bird blocked the view of 90% of the stage and we couldn't see anything :(

I also remember the lineups for ticket pickup in 2000.  It was crazy.  The demand for the Seattle shows is always through the roof.   Which to be fair, is something I think East Coasters deal with a lot because of how big the cities are, and how close they are to each other over there.  Here in the pacific northwest, it's not overly difficult to get tickets to the non-Seattle shows.

I have to imagine home town shows at the Arena would be top demand again, and the capacity is 60% lower than when they sold out two shows at Safeco Field.  I predict Seattle tickets (if at Climate Pledge) will be a hard get.     Albeit there will be two shows this time instead of 1, but I still expect demand to far outstrip supply.

I suppose the wrench in the thing is fan2fan.   It's like the F5 of old. If your determined enough you can get quality 10c tickets to any show (even if you aren't  a 10c member) 😀 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 258
    ddeschler said:
    Mattay said:
    Queenstown is just about the most perfect place on Earth.  You're gonna love it.
    What's the best way to get from the north island to the south island?  Flying, boat, is there a car ferry?  Thanks.
    Qtown and well all of the South Island is sheer sensory overload of beauty. Re between islands it depends what your timescales and budget are and where planning on travelling around.  the ferry goes over from Wellington to Picton- about 4 hrs- the last hour as you get into the Marlborough sounds is beautiful with great chances of wildlife spotting. But otherwise you can also fly - Air NZ and has various domestic flights.
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 258
    Great plan! Us Brits will join you if the Tories somehow manage to keep themselves in power here after our election 🤣
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    They're freezing too play Glastonbury festival on the Sunday......but I doubt they will lol
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    Micheyb21 said:
    ddeschler said:
    Mattay said:
    Qtown and well all of the South Island is sheer sensory overload of beauty. Re between islands it depends what your timescales and budget are and where planning on travelling around.  the ferry goes over from Wellington to Picton- about 4 hrs- the last hour as you get into the Marlborough sounds is beautiful with great chances of wildlife spotting. But otherwise you can also fly - Air NZ and has various domestic flights.

Was watching cricket a week or so ago - the Blackcaps were playing BAN in Nelson on the South Island near Picton, absolutely stunning scenery there. I also recall watching a House  Hunters Intl from that town, and the views are incredible. Would love to visit one day.
  • Options
    Pgarvey104Pgarvey104 Posts: 37

I suppose the wrench in the thing is fan2fan.   It's like the F5 of old. If your determined enough you can get quality 10c tickets to any show (even if you aren't  a 10c member) 

So why don’t they just play the gorge? I’m asking as an east coaster that has found it to be extremely challenging every time I got tickets to a show. 
    April 29, 2003 Pepsi Arena, Albany                            September 15, 2005 Bell Center, Montreal       May 16, 2006 Meadows, Hartford

June 28, 2008  Comcast Center, Mansfield               October 25, 2013 XL Center, Hartford               August 5, 2006 Fenway Park, Boston

August 7, 2006 Fenway Park, Boston                         September 2, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston        September 4, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston

"If I had known then, what I know now."                      "There's an upside of down." 
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    I believe the capacity at Gorge is around 25,000, so not much more than arena. It is also a bit out of the way.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    The Gorge would be great!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 305
    edited January 9
    I believe the capacity at Gorge is around 25,000, so not much more than arena. It is also a bit out of the way.
    Real mess of an entry, too. 
    Beautiful venue, but I'd be reluctant to go again because of the nightmare of parking and getting in. 
    Post edited by njhaley1 on
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    No budget PJ shows for me:
    Tokyo
    The Gorge

Really hope I get to see them at the Gorge once before they hang it up 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    They're freezing too play Glastonbury festival on the Sunday......but I doubt they will lol
    I would love this, all the punters I've spoken to about it at glasto have agreed it would be awesome. Frustratingly didn't get tickets in October though for the first time in years, holding out for April although the London dates clash :(

As far as I'm aware glasto is Madonna, Dua Lipa, Coldplay or Foos
  • Options
    mikeyb107mikeyb107 Ireland Posts: 23
    Are Nos Alive 3 day tickets sold out everywhere?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    mikeyb107 said:
    Are Nos Alive 3 day tickets sold out everywhere?
    yup , everything that includes PJ day is sold out (1 day ticket , 2 day tickets , 3 day tickets)
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    such great flight prices from lisbon to london , london berlin , berlin barcelona , barcelona london and london lisbon right now...goddamn this is so frustating :(
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Boston Calling dropped today, Roo next?
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    Bonnaroo just did 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
This discussion has been closed.