Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    raindog80 said:
    They could’ve announced a couple months ago and it wouldn’t have been early enough. 
    NOT true. 
    It is! But it’s all good! ✌️ 
    We have the dates people. Remember that 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    edited January 8
    raindog80 said:
    They could’ve announced a couple months ago and it wouldn’t have been early enough. 
    NOT true. 
    Dates can change though, if only slightly.  We'll get the announcement soon enough.   It is nice there are folks that share the rumors so that we can gamble a little and make plans.  I've had to make plans as some of the activities I want to do have to be planned a year out.  I don't think we can expect PJ to announce its tours a year out (but sure would be nice).
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    edited January 8
    raindog80 said:
    NOT true. 
    Dates can change though, if only slightly.  We'll get the announcement soon enough.   It is nice there are folks that share of the rumors so that we can gamble a little and make plans.  
    Yeah it’s awesome! Not many fan bases are as rabid as this one. So yeah bands can announce super early but most their fans don’t have dates BEFORE the announcement like we do. And I think people take that bit for granted 
    Post edited by tylermoore on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    The Rock said:
    Drip-feeding the dates like this is frustrating but hopefully that's the last of the festivals to be announced and the rest of the tour can be announced soon. 
    I feel like pearl jam is the only band that does this.  I clicked on ed sheeran and queens of the stone age and they have their entire 2024 tour listed.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142

The Rock said:
    Drip-feeding the dates like this is frustrating but hopefully that's the last of the festivals to be announced and the rest of the tour can be announced soon.  
    This. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,347
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rock said:
    I feel like pearl jam is the only band that does this.  I clicked on ed sheeran and queens of the stone age and they have their entire 2024 tour listed.  
    I don't understand the WHY. they sell tickets on short notice so they'd obviously sell with more advanced notice as well. Oh well
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    If we’re assuming there’s 2 days off between each city, and Seattle starts on 5/28….then we would have to assume Bottlerock is 5/25
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    If we’re assuming there’s 2 days off between each city, and Seattle starts on 5/28….then we would have to assume Bottlerock is 5/25
    Ding ding. 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    edited January 8
    just_one said:
    drfox said:
    Frustrating how this is being dragged out. Wish they would get on with it so we can all book flights and time off work. 
    this...its like the new management doesnt have a clue of how many people actually flys and travels to see the band play

that being said i already reserved from June 26 to July 11 for work vacations, then i´ll just adjust according to the real dates
    They have a clue and also do not care. They book the shows. The shows sell out and they make a ton of money off Merch. They don’t owe us anything more than what they’re doing....this “announce so it works for my timeline” argument gets old. It’s the same every tour. We all go. It’ll work out. They will never announce early enough to please everyone. They could’ve announced a couple months ago and it wouldn’t have been early enough. 
    They clearly change the way they annouce tours this year. this much is true and is clear as water.

for the last decade at least they always announced the FULL european tour on december alongside festivals. its not this “announce so it works for my timeline”, its a fact!

same can be said for the US tours , they were always announced in FULL

something changed when curtis left management about how the annoucements are made and unfortunally we fans got screwed because the later you announce more expensive flights will become.

Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,500
    It is totally normal for them to announce a festival date and any other dates later.  The festival has to sell a certain amount of tickets before other dates can be announced.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,172
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rock said:
    No, this isn’t the case. QOTSA has been drip feeding Euro and US festival announcements, Aussie and Canadian tour dates etc over the last 5-6 months. There are still loads of gaps in their 2-3 month trip to Europe, so no doubt they still have a few more festivals and some arena shows to announce. Foo Fighters have been doing the same. All very frustrating 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    edited January 8
    drfox said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rock said:
    No, this isn’t the case. QOTSA has been drip feeding Euro and US festival announcements, Aussie and Canadian tour dates etc over the last 5-6 months. There are still loads of gaps in their 2-3 month trip to Europe, so no doubt they still have a few more festivals and some arena shows to announce. Foo Fighters have been doing the same. All very frustrating 
    I'm holding my breath for more QOTSA dates... Boston hasn't had a proper (non-festival) show in almost 7 years. 
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Bougierock is the absolute worst festival I’ve ever been to. Have fun!!
    Some might say that Sound on Sound says Hold my beer.
    I say Boston Calling throws its beer in your face and says "IM THE WORST"
    Global Citizen is still the worst I've been to. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    If they are playing that other Sac show, I wouldn’t expect it to be announced for a few weeks
    They def need to drive up sales for the festival before mention of a tour stop. Fascinating to see how this plays out. Would obviously much rather see them in Sac than at a festival. We still strong on the 5/13 date?
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    drfox said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rock said:
    Yep.  I pay attention to QOTSA and agree they add shows a little at a time.  It is hard for me to judge how other bands do it as I don’t pay attention like I do PJ.  
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    It's a bit of a blessing and a curse right?   If delaying announcements makes it tough on travelling fans, and less travelling fans go, that does theoretically make it easier for locals to get tickets.

I'm just hoping the two rumored N.A. legs get announced and sold together.   There's been a few tours where there were separate lotto's for East/West.  If Seattle is a local market for you, it's so hard to get tickets when they do that, because so many people travel in for Seattle shows (that also got a 1st pick for the Eastern leg). 

Then again the rumour is two Vancouver shows, so maybe that's the way I go if Seattle is a tough get.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    It's a bit of a blessing and a curse right?   If delaying announcements makes it tough on travelling fans, and less travelling fans go, that does theoretically make it easier for locals to get tickets.

I'm just hoping the two rumored N.A. legs get announced and sold together.   There's been a few tours where there were separate lotto's for East/West.  If Seattle is a local market for you, it's so hard to get tickets when they do that, because so many people travel in for Seattle shows (that also got a 1st pick for the Eastern leg). 

Then again the rumour is two Vancouver shows, so maybe that's the way I go if Seattle is a tough get.
    Your $ will go further as well. 😉
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 627
    Zod said:

I hear what you're saying, but I would be shocked if they did the lottos at the same time, so I wouldn't get hopes up. I've been in Seattle for the last 3 shows (one at Key and the ballpark shows), and I got tix through tenclub for all 3. Granted, they were my 1st or 2nd priority, but I'm not worried about getting in the door for both this time around.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    Had been considering the New Zealand shows, and the biggest selling point just hit me. The shows are right after the election. So, if trump wins, we can just stay there and claim asylum. ;)
  • Options
    bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 214
    Seeing as 3 day tickets to Bottlerock 2023 sold out in 5 hours, I wouldn’t think they need much lead time before PJ are allowed to announce their tour. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Bonnarroo announcement tomorrow?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    drfox said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    The Rock said:
    Yep.  I pay attention to QOTSA and agree they add shows a little at a time.  It is hard for me to judge how other bands do it as I don’t pay attention like I do PJ.  
    I mean they have announced over 50 shows for 2024 already lol. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,547
    estarr31 said:
    Bougierock is the absolute worst festival I’ve ever been to. Have fun!!
    Some might say that Sound on Sound says Hold my beer.
    I say Boston Calling throws its beer in your face and says "IM THE WORST"
    Global Citizen is still the worst I've been to. 
    That's a different type of festival. You have to expect a lot talking and waiting between sets. There's only one stage
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,431
    It makes sense that more dates are announced on the newsletter on Wednesday when they announce the Bottlerock date.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    I hope they announce all of the shows at once but have 4 separate lotteries.  1 for NA leg 1, 1 for Europe, 1 for NA leg 2, and 1 for Aussie. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    Does anyone know another airport to fly into other than Missoula International? I was plugging in dates and the cost is similar to flying international from where I live. Trying to see if it is more cost effective to fly into a bigger airport and rent a car to get to Missoula. What did everyone do the last time they played? 
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    Melzombie said:
    Does anyone know another airport to fly into other than Missoula International? I was plugging in dates and the cost is similar to flying international from where I live. Trying to see if it is more cost effective to fly into a bigger airport and rent a car to get to Missoula. What did everyone do the last time they played? 
    Salt Lake City (SLC) then rent car...about a 7-8 drive.
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    MMJ! 😁
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    sweetspotsweetspot Posts: 76
    Melzombie said:
    Or Spokane (GEG), only about a 4 hour drive.
  • Options
    jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 176
    Melzombie said:
    How about Bozeman?
This discussion has been closed.