The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Thanks for the advice Mikeyb107.  I think we're actually going to spend most of our time in the Waterford/Cork area, because there are some things I'd really like to see down there, and we also have friends in that area.  Getting to Marlay Park for the show will not be difficult.  The only tricky part will involve getting back once the concert is over.  That's okay though.  I'll sleep at the Dublin train station on Saturday night if necessary.      
  • So with all the places they’re skipping in the US, Canada, and Europe what can we expect for 2025?

My guess would be something like 2023 in the US.

Toronto x2 - Detroit - Columbus x2 - Atlanta x2 - Miami x2
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • There's nothing like that I-slept-at-the-train-station look to remind one about how much fun he/she just experienced!  
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    yosi said:
    URthekey said:
    MM70435 said:
    MSG vs Wells Fargo in Philly. 

.  Any other pros and cons about the two places?

Wells Fargo has a big gated parking lot around the venue = tailgating 
    MSG right in the city = lots of restaurants and bars but no parking w/ other fans.
    PJ notoriously perform  amazing shows in both cities and rabid fans with off the chart energy abound.
    Both places are fun time for shows. 

Getting out of the parking lot after the show in Wells Fargo was a disaster when I last saw PJ in Philly in ‘13. Getting out of MSG and onto the subway (or cab) is a breeze. 
    Sounds like we’re tailgating after the show. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807
    edited January 7
    So with all the places they’re skipping in the US, Canada, and Europe what can we expect for 2025?

2025 will likely be a slow year.  They wont go back to Europe or AUS that year.  Probably 10-15 US shows max and maybe one surprise International run (would be a great year for Japan/Asia).  Some form of South America tour in Spring 2025 almost seems guaranteed.

Probably a leg that runs from Florida, Atlanta, Raleigh, DC, Ohio, Detroit, Buffalo, and eastern Canada (maybe just Toronto x2 and Montreal x2) is the best bet.

I certainly expect Miami, Atlanta and Detroit and Toronto to get 2 shows each with the new model
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    So with all the places they’re skipping in the US, Canada, and Europe what can we expect for 2025?

2025 will likely be a slow year.  They wont go back to Europe or AUS that year.  Probably 10-15 US shows max and maybe one surprise International run (would be a great year for Japan/Asia).  Some form of South America tour in Spring 2025 almost seems guaranteed.

Probably a leg that runs from Florida, Atlanta, Raleigh, DC, Ohio, Detroit, Buffalo, and eastern Canada (maybe just Toronto x2 and Montreal x2) is the best bet.

I certainly expect Miami, Atlanta and Detroit and Toronto to get 2 shows each with the new model
    This doesn't sound very slow to me, but I agree that South America is a strong bet. I'll be saving up for Chile just in case. 
  • Thanks for the advice Mikeyb107.  I think we're actually going to spend most of our time in the Waterford/Cork area, because there are some things I'd really like to see down there, and we also have friends in that area.  Getting to Marlay Park for the show will not be difficult.  The only tricky part will involve getting back once the concert is over.  That's okay though.  I'll sleep at the Dublin train station on Saturday night if necessary.      

If staying in Cork there are busses overnight, check out Aircoach or Gobus. And for events like this, Marathon coaches will have services from Marlay down to either city so no train station sleeping required...don't think it's even an option at Heuston, where trains to those cities goes from
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722

Pittsburgh Buffalo & Hartford would like in on this hypothetical 2025 run please
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,926
    trees said:
    Just heard PJ on the Pittsburgh steelers and Ravens NFL Game maybe that's a hint thier playing there soon .or Baltimore. 
    Never heard the NFL play pj on the game commercial before commercials break

They play them all the time for the Seahawks games that I've seen.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,926
    njhaley1 said:

This doesn't sound very slow to me, but I agree that South America is a strong bet. I'll be saving up for Chile just in case. 

How soon is too soon to start a 2025 tour rumor thread?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    njhaley1 said:

How soon is too soon to start a 2025 tour rumor thread?
    I think you just did!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    appro said:
    If Marlay Park is the venue for Dublin, that's a logistical nightmare, have been looking at accommodations...
    All rumored shows are a nightmare. Seattle during Memorial Day week, Vegas during the big festival, Europe in the summer during euro cup, Wrigley and MSG during Labor Day weekend….
    The rumoured Manchester date (June 25th) is the same date/time England play in Euro 2024. It's surely going to have some impact on ticket demand. 
    I'll happily miss that game
    JPPJ84 said:
    appro said:
    If Marlay Park is the venue for Dublin, that's a logistical nightmare, have been looking at accommodations...
    All rumored shows are a nightmare. Seattle during Memorial Day week, Vegas during the big festival, Europe in the summer during euro cup, Wrigley and MSG during Labor Day weekend….
    The rumoured Manchester date (June 25th) is the same date/time England play in Euro 2024. It's surely going to have some impact on ticket demand. 
    You can watch England not winning a tournament every two years. PJ come around less often! ;)
    Erm PJ is normally every 2 years to 🤣🤣
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    I’m out for Dublin.  Would have been in if it were at the arena Ed played in 2019.  
    Which is the venue PJ normally play. Was amazed when I saw it on the list of dates for Ed in 2019, but fair play to him as he sold it out. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    edited January 7
    seanclax said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    appro said:
    You can watch England not winning a tournament every two years. PJ come around less often! ;)
    Erm PJ is normally every 2 years to 🤣🤣
    Not always, unfortunately ;):bawling:
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    lintonfindlay said:

I saw them at the O2 night 2 and the crowd was a fairly standard O2 crowd(dead for the most part), I was like 1/4 of the way back at standing. I do remember Ed asking people to step back though so there must have been some ruckus. 

I was seated for both of those 2018 o2 shows, pretty much in line with the rail. It didn't look that hectic from the lower bowl, probably just people getting a little squeezed on the rail. 

o2 crowds usually are fairly dead, whoever you see there. 
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    ilockyer said:
    I’m out for Dublin.  Would have been in if it were at the arena Ed played in 2019.  
    Which is the venue PJ normally play. Was amazed when I saw it on the list of dates for Ed in 2019, but fair play to him as he sold it out. 
    Point Depot and redeveloped as the o2 then became the Three Arena 
    Kearnsy
    ilockyer said:
    lintonfindlay said:

I saw them at the O2 night 2 and the crowd was a fairly standard O2 crowd(dead for the most part), I was like 1/4 of the way back at standing. I do remember Ed asking people to step back though so there must have been some ruckus. 

I was seated for both of those 2018 o2 shows, pretty much in line with the rail. It didn't look that hectic from the lower bowl, probably just people getting a little squeezed on the rail. 

That was also a crazy show for rarities. Definitely a show for the die hards with less "hits" to jump around to
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited January 7
    on2legs said:
    URthekey said:
    MM70435 said:
    MSG vs Wells Fargo in Philly. 

.  Any other pros and cons about the two places?

Wells Fargo has a big gated parking lot around the venue = tailgating 
    MSG right in the city = lots of restaurants and bars but no parking w/ other fans.
    PJ notoriously perform  amazing shows in both cities and rabid fans with off the chart energy abound.
    This. Both will be fabulous. 
    Also… if rumored dates hold true,  Philly has an off day between, MSG does not.  So if you are looking to see other things in city, besides the show,  that off day is perfect time to do it. Tickets to both will be hard.  You can at least try and score Philly on fan to fan. If you do not score MSG in lottery, you are likely paying way over face value for a ticket. If you can even find one. 
    I think F2F face value will be available for MSG (though not required). It wasn't for PJ at MSG in 2022, but it was for the Cure at MSG last year and for PJ in Chicago (Illinois also prohibits transfer restrictions). Won't be easy but some fans will list for face on F2F 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    I just hope they finally play Philly and NY this tour. Been too long. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    on2legs said:
    They played NY in 2022 as well as Camden.  Are you being sarcastic? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • ChrrieChrrie Posts: 99
    PJ Italy fansite pushing a lot of Buffalo on their Twitter feed lately  
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    mikeyb107 said:
    Heck, I'll just jump in a cab and pay a $200 fare if necessary to get from Marlay Park to whatever town we're staying in. As I said, where there's a will, there's a way. 
    Hotels in Dublin City centre will be expensive, look out towards Tallaght, Clondalkin, Lucan, Leixlip which will be cheaper and easier for taxi than city centre, just checked there and looking at €400ish check in 21 and out 23rd 
    Hotels are pretty expensive. I made a reservation for the Hilton in Dublin. It was a lot. But I am staying in Dublin for 5 days to hang out with some friends before heading to London for a a few days as well. So, this will be my summer vacation. So I will splurge. 
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    ilockyer said:
    lintonfindlay said:

Yeah O2 just doesn't ever really get a great pit atmosphere going. Seen many bands there and is always pretty sterile. 
  • Chrrie said:
    Yeah, what is that? I noticed it too.
  • Brianpurcell, that's great information. Thank you very much buddy! 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    on2legs said:
    They played NY in 2022 as well as Camden.  Are you being sarcastic? 
    No way! It’s been too long! 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,152
    edited January 7
    Chrrie said:
    Someone awhile back made an inference or dropped a strange clue re album title and the Buffalo area. 
    Someone then is suggesting the album title could be White Buffalo which means rebirth!? 

*being discussed in the new album by Andrew Watt thread. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    Chrrie said:
    Someone awhile back made an inference or dropped a strange clue re album title and the Buffalo area. 
    Someone then is suggesting the album title could be White Buffalo which means rebirth!? 

I believe the same person stated the album title was only one word.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    D-Rod said:
    Chrrie said:

I believe the same person stated the album title was only one word.  
    Did the same person say the word, or some part of the word, "echo" was related somehow?
This discussion has been closed.