Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,976
    kaw753 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Phish at the Sphere next April. Four night run. Fits them much better than PJ, me thinks. 
    Agreed. I’ve been trying to think of the next band that would play there and they totally slipped my mind. Perfect fit. 
    Yeah, I was trying to go through the list of which band could put on a multimedia show and sell $$$ tickets. Dead and Company are another obvious one on the list.
    They are another good one. Supposedly they are done touring, but a residency would get them around that. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    macraemacrae Posts: 19
    Is there an up to date, rolled up version of all current rumored dates for 24?  Thanks in advance.  
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    JimmyV said:
    Phish at the Sphere next April. Four night run. Fits them much better than PJ, me thinks. 
    Agreed. I’ve been trying to think of the next band that would play there and they totally slipped my mind. Perfect fit. 
    Tool Tool Tool Tool
  • Options
    AP30511AP30511 Lincoln, NE Posts: 112
    Is there any chance PJ and The Rolling Stones are playing in the same city close to each other, like in the same week?  Trying to do a 2 for 1 trip and see both. 
    1998: Rapid City - 2000: Bonner Springs - 2003: Denver, Council Bluffs - 2004: St. Louis - 2005: Calgary, Edmonton - 2006: St. Paul I & II - 2009: Chicago I & II - 2010: Kansas City - 2011: St. Louis (EV) - 2012: Missoula - 2013: Chicago, Oklahoma City - 2014: Lincoln, Denver - 2016: New Orleans - 2018: Seattle I & II - 2022: Chicago II (EV), Denver - 2023: Austin I & II - 2024: Seattle I & II
  • Options
    macrae said:
    Is there an up to date, rolled up version of all current rumored dates for 24?  Thanks in advance.  
    Frankly there should be some responsibility that if you decide to start the official rumor thread you are committing to updating the first post with the most current info. Let's get that passed into law.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 608
    I guess if it’s a short UK/EU tour, it makes the rumoured AUS/NZ dates more credible.
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 766
    AP30511 said:
    Is there any chance PJ and The Rolling Stones are playing in the same city close to each other, like in the same week?  Trying to do a 2 for 1 trip and see both. 

Vegas Baby Vegas - Vegas Baby - quickmeme
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 275
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Tool Tool Tool Tool
    By far the tightest live band still touring.
  • Options
    While we are discussing priority can I clarify something 

There's no point selecting a show as priority 2 if your ticket partner has it as priority 1 as if they don't get then you definitely won't, right ?

Assuming it's still pairs of tickets for Europe 
    That is correct if (and it’s a big if) the entity operating the draw actually builds the correct logic into the system.  And assuming there aren’t multiple draws for the same show (sometimes the GA draw for a show is considered a separate show from the reserved draw for the same show).
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,044
    pjl44 said:
    macrae said:
    Frankly there should be some responsibility that if you decide to start the official rumor thread you are committing to updating the first post with the most current info. Let's get that passed into law.
    Agreed...forum law
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 889
    edited November 2023
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Tool Tool Tool Tool
    Few bands I’ll travel to go see. Tool at the sphere would be a must see for me. 
    A Tool Primus bill would get me to spend a week there
    Post edited by tylermoore on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,594
    pjl44 said:
    macrae said:
    That would be a tough gig.  Weeding through all the b.s. spewed in this thread to what is at least creditable. 

For example, Barcelona was creditable.  Well they have to play Portugal of course, then people start vomiting NOS Alive all over the thread to the point it seems creditable.  Granted, would love for Portugal to get a show.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,988
    pjl44 said:
    macrae said:
    That would be a tough gig.  Weeding through all the b.s. spewed in this thread to what is at least creditable. 

For example, Barcelona was creditable.  Well they have to play Portugal of course, then people start vomiting NOS Alive all over the thread to the point it seems creditable.  Granted, would love for Portugal to get a show.
    There are strong rumours outside this forum about them playing Portugal, no one said it because they were playing barcelona
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,495
    pjl44 said:
    macrae said:
    Agreed...forum law
    Seconded.

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 855
    edited November 2023
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Tool Tool Tool Tool
    Would there be a bigger "dude ranch" show than this?  I went to a Primus show a year ago and was dumbfounded by the 95% male audience...have to say that the Goose show in Oakland came pretty close to that ratio...just a more peaceful group.  As an aside, I was talking with a guy at the Primus show who was smoking (there were a ridiculous number of people smoking...which was odd...it was like it was 1976 all over again).  He realized that the floor in the Memorial Auditorium in Sacramento was wooden...so, instead of tossing his still lit cigarette onto the floor, he spit into his own hand, put the cig out in the pile of saliva, and then tossed it on the floor...mixed emotions watching this happen....
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,344
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Tool Tool Tool Tool
    Would there be a bigger "dude ranch" show than this?  I went to a Primus show a year ago and was dumbfounded by the 95% male audience...have to say that the Goose show in Oakland came pretty close to that ratio...just a more peaceful group. 

LOL -- we saw Goose at Ohana and I'd be happy to go see them again any time, but I have a hard time seeing myself at a Tool/Primus show. I'm kind of surprised you saw any women there at all!

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    NewboyxNewboyx 46060 Posts: 5
    pjl44 said:
    macrae said:
    star trek - How many times has Make It So been demanded by anyone other  than Picard - Science Fiction  Fantasy Stack Exchange
    Noblesville 2023 (Eventually)
    Louisville 2022
    Noblesville 2010
    Noblesville 2000

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,898
    pjl44 said:
    macrae said:
    VETOED!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Tool Tool Tool Tool
    Would there be a bigger "dude ranch" show than this?  I went to a Primus show a year ago and was dumbfounded by the 95% male audience...have to say that the Goose show in Oakland came pretty close to that ratio...just a more peaceful group. 

LOL -- we saw Goose at Ohana and I'd be happy to go see them again any time, but I have a hard time seeing myself at a Tool/Primus show. I'm kind of surprised you saw any women there at all!

Goose was great...lots of bro-hugs for the taking if you need that....  :)
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 273
    the short tour could be just 8 dates? Dublin, Manchester, London x2, Berlin x2 and Barcelona x2? maybe then there could be 2 more?.... but 2 in italy and madcool and nos alive makes 4. undoubtedly too many. so Italy or Madrid / Portugal?
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    I‘m puzzled. Now I really wonder what PJ will do 4 July. An off-day wouldn’t make sense.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    deb1211 said:
    Any Philly around Baltimore? 

Dang I really wanted Atlanta
    Camden 

Dammit, was hoping for a couple of arena shows, and if not that, The Linc. Camden is probably better than The Bank tho, I just think baseball stadiums suck for concerts. Just the fucking traffic and parking in Camden is beyond terrible..., still happy to be getting a show, maybe two ??  Mid-September ??? 
    It's your lucky day... 
    Lucky day for a couple of Arena shows in Philly? and Baltimore?
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,988
    edited November 2023
    fl247556 said:
    the short tour could be just 8 dates? Dublin, Manchester, London x2, Berlin x2 and Barcelona x2? maybe then there could be 2 more?.... but 2 in italy and madcool and nos alive makes 4. undoubtedly too many. so Italy or Madrid / Portugal?
    Im starting to believe the tour is only 
    Dublin
    Manchester
    London x2
    Berlin x2
    Barcelona x2
    Madrid
    Lisbon
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Just wait.  The festival talk is all wishful thinking at this point, at least from what I gathered. If there are four legs of this tour in 2024, then it makes sense the each of them will be smaller.  
    The three 14 show legs tip we heard about a few weeks (months?) back keeps coming back to me. 7-9 cities each leg, lots of two night stands with an off day in between. 
    14 shows is too long for each leg. 
    Damn!

That will make getting tickets that much more difficult. And, some of us will be on the Roof again?
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,173
    cutz said:
    deb1211 said:

Camden 

Dammit, was hoping for a couple of arena shows, and if not that, The Linc. Camden is probably better than The Bank tho, I just think baseball stadiums suck for concerts. Just the fucking traffic and parking in Camden is beyond terrible..., still happy to be getting a show, maybe two ??  Mid-September ??? 
    It's your lucky day... 
    When I asked about Philly I was told Camden by Facemeltor
  • Options
    AP30511 said:
    Maybe Las Vegas?
  • Options
    Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 350
    No Amsterdam is strange…
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 485
    Jamer196 said:
    No Amsterdam is strange…
    As is no Werchter.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,245
    deb1211 said:
    cutz said:
    deb1211 said:

Camden 

It's your lucky day... 
    When I asked about Philly I was told Camden by Facemeltor
    It would be like PJ to have a PJ Flyers night at the Wells Fargo center then next two times in the area skip said arena.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    macrae said:
    VETOED!
    Get out your notebook!
This discussion has been closed.