*** the DONALD J TRUMP IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED FELON thread ***

Comments

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,986
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    You do not see the brains behind the operation. Just saying and I have no skin in this game, just objectively calling it like I see it.
    I hate to break it to you, but if you live in America, you have skin in the game.

Just saying.
    I also found that an odd thing to say.
    What skin is that? Do you really think that what happens in Washington impacts your daily life? If your are poor then yes. If you are rich then yes. If in the middle then nothing changes. No matter who wins. I vote as an exercise of democracy, not because I think one candidate is really going to make a difference in my life. That is why I have no skin in the game. It really will not affect my life one way or another. Read Federalist Paper No. 10. The government is run by factions, and I am not in a faction. Scary how accurate that is.
    I could probably list several examples to counter the cynical apathy, but ask a kid whose dad got killed in Iraq if it matters who wins. 
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,634
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    You do not see the brains behind the operation. Just saying and I have no skin in this game, just objectively calling it like I see it.
    I hate to break it to you, but if you live in America, you have skin in the game.

Just saying.
    What skin is that? Do you really think that what happens in Washington impacts your daily life? If your are poor then yes. If you are rich then yes. If in the middle then nothing changes. No matter who wins. I vote as an exercise of democracy, not because I think one candidate is really going to make a difference in my life. That is why I have no skin in the game. It really will not affect my life one way or another. Read Federalist Paper No. 10. The government is run by factions, and I am not in a faction. Scary how accurate that is.
    I could probably list several examples to counter the cynical apathy, but ask a kid whose dad got killed in Iraq if it matters who wins. 
    Or whose loved one died from Covid. Or someone who lost a pet.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,958
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.
    Apathetic no, cynical yes. And does it really matter to that kid? Will he get more benefits under one or the other? Will one or the other prevent his dad from going there in the first place? Not sure it really matters. Again, I do not think it matters to my daily life, and that is why I am cynical.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,709
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.
    Tell that to to the millions of women who lost the right to choose as, essentially, a result of the 2016 election. 
    www.myspace.com
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.
    Apathetic no, cynical yes. And does it really matter to that kid? Will he get more benefits under one or the other? Will one or the other prevent his dad from going there in the first place? Not sure it really matters. Again, I do not think it matters to my daily life, and that is why I am cynical.
    The point is that we would not have gone to Iraq if Gore won.  Not about the benefits. 
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.
    Tell that to to the millions of women who lost the right to choose as, essentially, a result of the 2016 election. 

The greatest embarrassment of our country in the last 50 years. I give you that. But it is just politics and legal maneuvering. Women can still get the right to choose. Just not in certain states.
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.

The greatest embarrassment of our country in the last 50 years. I give you that. But it is just politics and legal maneuvering. Women can still get the right to choose. Just not in certain states.
    which could literally mean life or death for those without the means to travel out of state. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 21
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.

which could literally mean life or death for those without the means to travel out of state. 

Fair. But the door is not closed. I will pay for any woman that needs a ride to New York (limit 10).
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.

Fair. But the door is not closed. I will pay for any woman that needs a ride to New York (limit 10).
    Your statements are getting foolish in the attempt to defend your position.  
    mrussel1 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.

I do not have a position. And maybe that is the bigger problem.
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.
    Hmm…I think you missed the point I was making which is there is no Iraq war if Gore was elected. 
    Get_Right said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.

I do not have a position. And maybe that is the bigger problem.
    Isn’t your position that it doesn’t matter who wins? 
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.
    Hmm…I think you missed the point I was making which is there is no Iraq war if Gore was elected. 

Not missed. And I don't want to offend any veterans. Thank you for your service. But did that war make any difference in your life? It is just politics and posturing. And yes there was violence and death that could have been avoided. And that is sad. But did it really impact your daily life?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,195
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.

Not missed. And I don't want to offend any veterans. Thank you for your service. But did that war make any difference in your life? It is just politics and posturing. And yes there was violence and death that could have been avoided. And that is sad. But did it really impact your daily life?

go volunteer for veterans services and ask that same question of those that were ordered to those locations.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.

go volunteer for veterans services and ask that same question of those that were ordered to those locations.

I have a few friends that are vets and did tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. I actually have volunteered for veteran services although it has been many years since I did so. I might do it again, I think my kids could learn something from that experience. My respect and admiration for our vets is completely different from my political views. There is a big gap between the decisions made by the executive branch and boots on the ground. Unfortunately.
    think it affected the daily life of these guys referenced here.

you should stop now.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

you should stop now.

Friend I am not going to go there. I do not need a lesson on military service. I get it more than you know. I am not asking about the life of enlisted men and women and I am not casting any views on them.
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.

the problem here is your position being that the lives you KNOW get destroyed by decisions politicians make as "not affecting me". I'm Canadian and I care about this. 

www.headstonesband.com

edited October 21
    Get_Right said:
    mickeyrat said:

you should stop now.

Friend I am not going to go there. I do not need a lesson on military service. I get it more than you know. I am not asking about the life of enlisted men and women and I am not casting any views on them.
    So cast your vote and care not because it affects or doesn't affect you directly,  but how it affects your fellow citizens. 
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
    Get_Right said:
    mickeyrat said:

you should stop now.

my read is you already went there...

"Not missed. And I don't want to offend any veterans. Thank you for your service. But did that war make any difference in your life? "

Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

Just saying.

the problem here is your position being that the lives you KNOW get destroyed by decisions politicians make as "not affecting me". I'm Canadian and I care about this. 

Well it is true that people get fucked by governments all over the world. I cannot control that. All I am saying is that in my world, however privileged that might be, it is not going to make a difference if Kamala or Trump gets elected. Nothing In my day to day is going to change. That does not mean I do not have compassion for those that might be directly impacted.

Get_Right said:
    mickeyrat said:

you should stop now.

"Not missed. And I don't want to offend any veterans. Thank you for your service. But did that war make any difference in your life? "

Let me clarify, did that war make any difference in your CIVILIAN life? Come on you know what I meant.
    mickeyrat said:

He says nothing here, 100% deflection. He is not taking any position just saying people seem to be unhappy with FEMA.
    Get_Right said:
    mickeyrat said:

He says nothing here, 100% deflection. He is not taking any position just saying people seem to be unhappy with FEMA.
    listen again. he doubles down saying "if they were doing a good job, we'd say it. but they aren't doing a good job, so you aren't allowed to say it". he's literally the worst leader the free world has ever seen. 

www.headstonesband.com

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,634
    mrussel1 said:
    Get_Right said:
    mickeyrat said:

you should stop now.

So cast your vote and care not because it affects or doesn't affect you directly,  but how it affects your fellow citizens. 
    Fellow citizens? Fellow citizens you say? Fuck them. They ought to pull themselves up by the bootstraps like I did. And why should I care if someone else’s kid fights and dies in a disastrous foreign conflict, dies from Covid or a complication during pregnancy? Doesn’t affect me so who gives a shit who’s in office and afterall, my charitable contributions of my time and resources leave me with a clear conscience but I’m losing patience with all the other around. Come to think of it, double fuck them. I’ve got mine.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Get_Right said:

Get_Right said:
    mickeyrat said:

you should stop now.

Let me clarify, did that war make any difference in your CIVILIAN life? Come on you know what I meant.

clearly I did not. that question was posed directly after you seemed to be speaking to any vets that may be here , of that conflict.

I am not of that conflict but did serve. I find it offensive and extraordinarily callous.

take a suggestion, decline further reference , let your statements stand. its indefensible.

edited October 22
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    edited October 22
    Okay fine, you don't care about people dying from lack of health care or from wars started on false premises or from COVID after the president tossed the last guy's pandemic playbook in the trash or from government getting involved in women's health care. Fine. You just don't care, you're gonna watch Netflix and not have a care in the world. Right.

Maybe you'll care about this.

Trump's proposed "tariffs" - nothing but a massive tax hike on you and me while Elon Musk and his buddies get to get even richer, will destroy our economy. Your 401(k) will get torpedoed. Everything you buy will be way more expensive, if you can get it (remember the toilet paper).

Trump's massive deportations will destroy our economy. You gonna go milk those cows yourself? Pick potatoes out of the ground. Yeah, I doubt it.

Every recession and economic meltdown of my post-teenage life has been under a friggin Republican, and this will be worse than all of them.
    Post edited by Kat on
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16