*** the DONALD J TRUMP IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED FELON thread ***

Comments

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    He may be a dipstick, but 538 and predict it have him as the next president. 
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,108
    To be clear: they're both more or less suggesting it has been, and remains, a near-tie. When the margins are this slim, I really don't believe forecasting is very effectively.

I don't find this much more comforting, but it's effectively a coin-toss unless one group seriously falters in swing states where another seriously excels. Hopefully the news about Elon Musk's PAC not actually canvassing neighbourhoods in the quantities they were reporting, proves true. That'd be fun. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703

yeah and how is this legal? I hope they put a stop to it...Citizens U is bad enough and now we have billionaires giving people money to vote for their candidate? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642

yeah and how is this legal? I hope they put a stop to it...Citizens U is bad enough and now we have billionaires giving people money to vote for their candidate? 
    But the dems stole the election! I don't know how we fix shit like this when we have a supreme court that's onboard with it.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,547
    benjs said:
    To be clear: they're both more or less suggesting it has been, and remains, a near-tie. When the margins are this slim, I really don't believe forecasting is very effectively.

I don't find this much more comforting, but it's effectively a coin-toss unless one group seriously falters in swing states where another seriously excels. Hopefully the news about Elon Musk's PAC not actually canvassing neighbourhoods in the quantities they were reporting, proves true. That'd be fun. 

Yes, a coin toss. However trump has always been favored to lose in his political career, if we ignore the Biden debate disaster. His odds were consistently lower than Clinton, Biden and Harris, until now.

he has accomplished this with an increasingly bizarre campaign and very strange behavior, even for him. And the demo hurting Harris the most, when compared to the previous four cycles, black men and women.
    Hope for the best but prepare for the worst...it is what it is

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,227

lol

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,478
    I'll never get over how horrible that clown-ass makeup looks.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I'll never get over how horrible that clown-ass makeup looks.
    It's just funny to me how they accept the makeup, hair, obesity, stupidity, etc, and still point out that Harris laughs or wears the same earrings twice.

Not to mention the stories about trump being incontinent and most likely having dentures.

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,959
    I hate conversations about politics. It is all stuff and nonsense. But do not underestimate this man's ability to win. Kamala is not presenting as a strong candidate.
    edited October 21
    Get_Right said:
    I hate conversations about politics. It is all stuff and nonsense. But do not underestimate this man's ability to win. Kamala is not presenting as a strong candidate.
    I don't agree with that...she is a strong candidate but this environment with trump and company demeaning her, calling her stupid, etc., is out of bounds and too many people on the right are willing to accept it.

I don't think anyone is underestimating his ability to win. Certainly not here.

Holy fuck just yesterday he said that McDonald's confirmed that Harris had never worked there. Just absolute bullshit that should be headline news everywhere.

Obama won because he presented well. Strong speaker, outstanding presence and a great debater. I am not seeing that from Kamala. Politics is a dirty business and he is a pro at dirty business. I am not confident she will win. There are no boundaries in politics.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    Ok so if he wins and starts jailing opponents like Cheney or Schiff or decides to discard the constitution who will stop him? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

good...

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,506
    Ok so if he wins and starts jailing opponents like Cheney or Schiff or decides to discard the constitution who will stop him? 
    One would hope the career DOJ officials and the court. 

He's full of crap though
    Intentional infliction of emotional distress is one of the hardest civil claims to prove. As is defamation. It is just a shakedown probably funded by some deep pockets. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,299
    mrussel1 said:
    One would hope the career DOJ officials and the court. 

He's full of crap though
    Literally or just talks crap and won’t do anything like that? Well if he wins he will def revamp the DOJ get rid of everyone and appoint Roger Stone or some other nut case as attorney general
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

One thing about Trump is that he is very well counseled. He may skate the line but make no mistake he is surrounded by smart legal and financial minds that back it up. The tariffs are still in place right? How do you think they survived legal scrutiny after all this time?
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,195
    Get_Right said:

One thing about Trump is that he is very well counseled. He may skate the line but make no mistake he is surrounded by smart legal and financial minds that back it up. The tariffs are still in place right? How do you think they survived legal scrutiny after all this time?
    its not about legality. the only check on presidential tariff power is the voter. the tariffs he put on china sent their business to brazil and hurt farmers to the point of government bailout. so who really paid?
    and did those contracts come back?

tariffs are fine if done judiciously and in a way that levels the playing field.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I'd say if you end up in a convo with an undecided or a Harris skeptic, mention how Trump's tariff and deportation plans will skyrocket prices "tremendously" - it's a foregone conclusion, not a theory. There's absolutely no way he nor any Republican should be "more trusted on the economy" - they've been crashing our economy my whole life.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,744
    Get_Right said:

One thing about Trump is that he is very well counseled. He may skate the line but make no mistake he is surrounded by smart legal and financial minds that back it up. 

Couldn't resist, you teed that meatball up and I had to swat it out of the park.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    mickeyrat said:
    Get_Right said:

its not about legality. the only check on presidential tariff power is the voter. the tariffs he put on china sent their business to brazil and hurt farmers to the point of government bailout. so who really paid?
    and did those contracts come back?

tariffs are fine if done judiciously and in a way that levels the playing field.

It actually sent the Business to Vietnam, which is full of Chinese shell companies. Nobody does trade business with Brazil unless they have to. It is one of the worst countries to conduct international business. And yes the Chinese fulfilled those contracts. Just by evading the new tariffs. The point is not about the tariffs, but how Trump was able to implement them at such high rates and is such a short time that have withstood judicial scrutiny. Do not hate the player, hate the game. The only check on the President is Congress. And they are so self interested that any action is largely a dog and pony show.
    Poncier said:
    Get_Right said:

One thing about Trump is that he is very well counseled. He may skate the line but make no mistake he is surrounded by smart legal and financial minds that back it up. 

Couldn't resist, you teed that meatball up and I had to swat it out of the park.

And they all go to jail or pay fines while he walks free. NYC landlord at its finest.
    Their collection of lawyers isn't always the brightest bulbs in the box but they have their right wing Christo-Nationalist judges installed to go along with whatever they say, so yeah it's super fucking dangerous.

You do not see the brains behind the operation. Just saying and I have no skin in this game, just objectively calling it like I see it.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,642
    If being a con man and prioritizing ignoring laws and finding legal loopholes is what people want, then yes, Trump is the right person. But I'm sick of the right trying to claim to be the party of law and order. If you believe in honoring the rule of law, then you must be choking on your own vomit to vote Trump.

And no, he's not smart and is not surrounded by smart people. They are just people who are greedy, soul less fucks out for power and control and he's a means to their goal. Morality isn't being rewarded so it's easy to tell who people really are when it comes down to it. That's why you have so many of his own party on record who openly called him an idiot and the worst person to ever be president. Unfortunately a lot of them won't do it right now because they're playing the long game and still need his supporters' votes. A person who loses their own VP and can't get any legitimate past cabinet member to speak positively about them is not smart. People clearly don't care about intelligence in a candidate if they vote Trump.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,227
    Get_Right said:
    You do not see the brains behind the operation. Just saying and I have no skin in this game, just objectively calling it like I see it.
    I hate to break it to you, but if you live in America, you have skin in the game.

Just saying.
    Get_Right said:
    I hate to break it to you, but if you live in America, you have skin in the game.

Just saying.
    I also found that an odd thing to say.

Get_Right said:

Just saying.
    I also found that an odd thing to say.
    What skin is that? Do you really think that what happens in Washington impacts your daily life? If your are poor then yes. If you are rich then yes. If in the middle then nothing changes. No matter who wins. I vote as an exercise of democracy, not because I think one candidate is really going to make a difference in my life. That is why I have no skin in the game. It really will not affect my life one way or another. Read Federalist Paper No. 10. The government is run by factions, and I am not in a faction. Scary how accurate that is.