Options

The Baseball Card Thread

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,066
    MayDay10 said:
    I went to a small-ish show at Dave and Adams yesterday.  It was good.  Could have spent much more time there, but just wanted to get my feet wet and I had my kid there who was overwhelmed.  

My kid got a nice tri-color patch of Dylan Cozens, a $2 repack of Goodwin Champions, a really cool refractor Tatis card, and an old school Anaheim Mighty Ducks puck.

I found a table with a pretty large raw vintage selection (had some beautiful vintage basketball slabs too).  Went through it as quick as I could and grabbed these that I liked.  Nothing great or anything.  Just cards that I enjoyed that were in decent shape with a good price.  I think these 8 cost me $30 or something like that.

I also bought this pack of 81 Donruss for $7.

Any Gwynn rc is a good rc!

Did you open the pack?  81 Donruss has a bunch of cool errors in them.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Yeah, I opened the pack.  Didnt look close enough for errors.  Lots of big hair and mustaches though.

I did get one of the best cards in the set, just from a coolness perspective:

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Yeah, I opened the pack.  Didnt look close enough for errors.  Lots of big hair and mustaches though.

Brett batted 390 that year.  I know Carew was well over 300.  Such a cool card.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    MayDay10 said:

Yeah, before I opened the pack, I looked up the most valuable 21 cards from the set.  This one was like #5 and a PSA 10 would be like $125.  However, I immediately knew I really wanted that card.  Would have loved the Raines or Ozzie too.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,960
    edited August 2023
    is the philly card show in Oaks? Depending on when it is, I might go to it.
    That's it!  At the expo center.  September 22-24.  Dude come say hello please!!!
    Holy crap, lot of people signing there that weekend!

Also, not this weekend but the following weekend they are having retro-con there. I went like 5 years ago to that. It was fun.

Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    is the philly card show in Oaks? Depending on when it is, I might go to it.
    That's it!  At the expo center.  September 22-24.  Dude come say hello please!!!
    Holy crap, lot of people signing there that weekend!

Also, not this weekend but the following weekend they are having retro-con there. I went like 5 years ago to that. It was fun.

It's a really big show.  So come on down!
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

Yeah, before I opened the pack, I looked up the most valuable 21 cards from the set.  This one was like #5 and a PSA 10 would be like $125.  However, I immediately knew I really wanted that card.  Would have loved the Raines or Ozzie too.
    The Fleer cards have even more errors.  I have a Rose with no number and a "Craig" Nettles error.

One I really really want is the John Littlefield 81 fleer reverse negative.  I've always wanted that one.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403

Pulled this last weekend.
  • Options

Pulled this last weekend.
    Nice card!  I've been on an Adley buying spree too!
  • Options
    I'll be at the Oaks Expo center in the greater Philly area this weekend.

If you are in the area and want to say hi or argue w me, by all means, please come see me.
  • Options

If you are in the area and want to say hi or argue w me, by all means, please come see me.
    I might go (it's only like half hour from me). Is there a cover charge?

Was there two weekends ago for Retro Con which was pretty cool.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

There is a cover yes.  Small price to pay to come see me though.  Come on down and we can chat and FINALLY meet!!!!

Bring some stuff to trade too, lol.
  • Options

There is a cover yes.  Small price to pay to come see me though.  Come on down and we can chat and FINALLY meet!!!!

I didn't go, sorry. Rain/weather didn't help with my decision plus i was kinda tired. had to be at work at 4AM yesterday. If I did go I doubt I would have seen you anyway since I have no idea what you look like or anything :lol:

Did you get any good stuff?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

I didn't go, sorry. Rain/weather didn't help with my decision plus i was kinda tired. had to be at work at 4AM yesterday. If I did go I doubt I would have seen you anyway since I have no idea what you look like or anything :lol:

Did you get any good stuff?
    You would have found me.  I'm easy to find, lol.

I did pick up a Bobby Witt Jr Heritage Flip Stock.  I had never seen one in person so I bought that on the spot.  I'll post pics later.
  • Options
    Help me please. I want to sell some stuff on ebay and I need some info. I am sure I will go on ebay, and get myself informed, but I wanted to come here 1st.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

How exactly do I set up payment options? I do not have paypal, nor do I want to set up a paypal account. Is it possible for people to just pay with credit and or debit, and have ebay put the money directly in to my checking account? Or am I going to be stuck getting a paypal account? What other payment options can I make available, to where ebay gets their cut and then directly deposits money into my checking account? How does the entire payment process even work? 

Walk me through this if you can, as if I was a 10 year old. hahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,461
    edited September 2023
    Help me please. I want to sell some stuff on ebay and I need some info. I am sure I will go on ebay, and get myself informed, but I wanted to come here 1st.

How exactly do I set up payment options? I do not have paypal, nor do I want to set up a paypal account. Is it possible for people to just pay with credit and or debit, and have ebay put the money directly in to my checking account? Or am I going to be stuck getting a paypal account? What other payment options can I make available, to where ebay gets their cut and then directly deposits money into my checking account? How does the entire payment process even work? 

eBay has moved away from PayPal and uses its own payment processing service.  So it pretty much works like you laid it out.  You provide your banking info and eBay will process the payments for you and then deposits them into your account.  No need for a PayPal account anymore. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

eBay has moved away from PayPal and uses its own payment processing service.  So it pretty much works like you laid it out.  You provide your banking info and eBay will process the payments for you and then deposits them into your account.  No need for a PayPal account anymore. 
    Yeah, after doing some research, I was 90% sure that's how it worked. But wasn't absolutely positive. So the buyer can pay eBay any which way he wants do, and ebay pays me.....correct? 
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Yeah, after doing some research, I was 90% sure that's how it worked. But wasn't absolutely positive. So the buyer can pay eBay any which way he wants do, and ebay pays me.....correct? 
    What are you selling?  I might be interested.

• Options
    on2legs said:

I have an abundance of Walter Payton rookies. Some 59 Aaron's, May's, Clemente.

I bought some graded low, and then got good deals on higher graded cards. So I'm going to sell the lower grades. 

• Options
    So this is what I purchased. Show was slow for me…

anywho. This is a Topps Heritage Flip Stock. There are only 5 of these out there. Most of the time people over look it. Silly rare card that I was happy to pick up!
  • Options
    on2legs said:

I bought some graded low, and then got good deals on higher graded cards. So I'm going to sell the lower grades. 

Not sure if you have facebook, but there are some well-populated Vintage card groups which serve as a marketplace.  That would save you from the large ebay seller fees.  
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    on2legs said:

Not sure if you have facebook, but there are some well-populated Vintage card groups which serve as a marketplace.  That would save you from the large ebay seller fees.  
    I haven't been on Facebook for a decade. But I'm very interested. Give me some info if you don't mind. Either here or a private message.

Thanks

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    on2legs said:

If he doesn't have PP, zelle or any of the other forms of payment that might be a problem for him.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    on2legs said:

If he doesn't have PP, zelle or any of the other forms of payment that might be a problem for him.
    I do have zelle. But that's it. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    on2legs said:

I do have zelle. But that's it. 
    You might be good then.  I don't mess w the FB marketplace because the protection isn't there.
  • Options

• Options
    Holy FUCK!!!!
    After 20 years I finally figured out how to attach a photo!!!!
  • Options

• Options

• Options