Options

Record Store Day April 22nd release of Pearl Jam's Give Way on Vinyl & CD. Clear vinyl Up @ 10club!

Comments

• Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,843
    Predaking said:
    Admittedly, I do like some of the colors you can get, and I am a big fan of clear/coke bottle. However, who gives a shit? I want the music on the vinyl disc itself, regardless of color. 
    I want both. If you can have it all why not
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,062
    PJammin' said:
    PJammin' said:
    Travelar said:

Kinda upset I took the effort to queue only now to miss out on a variant - lesson learned I guess.
    Not sure what you mean by miss out, but the variant is still available in the shop. 
    Do I need to buy 2?! A heads up would have been nice that's all I'm saying. 
    Buy both. 
    You paying??
    If you can’t afford another 60 bucks then maybe you shouldn’t be buying anything at all. 🤷‍♂️ 
    Its not about being able to afford it or not. I get what he's saying. He went out of his way, probably spent a lot of time in line, to buy the black version. And today they release one he thinks is a little cooler. Not so great it is worth having 2 copies over, but still a pretty cool vinyl to have.
    I get it, I agree to some extent. On a scale 1-10 on how much I care about it being clear, its about a 1.5. If I had the choice I'd pick clear. I'm not going to worry about having just the black version though.
    But it does seem odd to me. The whole point of RSD is to support local record stores. So why hold what would likely be the more sought after version back? Next year a lot are likely going to wonder if they should wait, or go support their local store again.
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,627
    PJammin' said:
    PJammin' said:
    Travelar said:

Kinda upset I took the effort to queue only now to miss out on a variant - lesson learned I guess.
    Not sure what you mean by miss out, but the variant is still available in the shop. 
    Buy both. 
    You paying??
    If you can’t afford another 60 bucks then maybe you shouldn’t be buying anything at all. 🤷‍♂️ 
    Ok thanks Dad
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJammin' said:

PJammin' said:
    Travelar said:

Buy both. 
    You paying??
    Its not about being able to afford it or not. I get what he's saying. He went out of his way, probably spent a lot of time in line, to buy the black version. And today they release one he thinks is a little cooler. Not so great it is worth having 2 copies over, but still a pretty cool vinyl to have.
    I get it, I agree to some extent. On a scale 1-10 on how much I care about it being clear, its about a 1.5. If I had the choice I'd pick clear. I'm not going to worry about having just the black version though.
    But it does seem odd to me. The whole point of RSD is to support local record stores. So why hold what would likely be the more sought after version back? Next year a lot are likely going to wonder if they should wait, or go support their local store again.
    He’s just a complainer. It’s an easy fix. Sell the black, pick up the clear. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    PJammin' said:
    PJammin' said:
    Travelar said:

Buy both. 
    You paying??
    Ok thanks Dad
    You’re welcome, son. 
  • Options
    fafane45fafane45 Posts: 90
    It would have been nice to make the complete show available on Cd for ten club members.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,580
    I think I will go back with the "standard" one, and preorder the new MMJ Vol 3 live with that cash instead. And spinspinspin the Tenclub one instead.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    Thanks Ten Club for making it possible for those that don’t live near record shops to get this and to sweeten the pot by making it an exclusive version..
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    PJammin' said:
    PJammin' said:
    PJammin' said:
    Travelar said:

Buy both. 
    You paying??
    Ok thanks Dad
    You’re welcome, son. 
    Thanks...can you see me now? 😉

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    $10 to ship a CD!?!?!  Talk about price scalping!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,401
    this shit pisses me off. rsd exclusive my ass. same as the easy street release.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    PJammin' said:
    PJammin' said:
    PJammin' said:
    Travelar said:

Buy both. 
    You paying??
    Ok thanks Dad
    You’re welcome, son. 
    Thanks...can you see me now? 😉
    😄
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    this shit pisses me off. rsd exclusive my ass. same as the easy street release.
    You should’ve learned your lesson from that. lol
  • Options
    Just think of the kids. 
  • Options
    PJammin' said:
    Just think of the kids. 

PJammin' said:
    Just think of the kids. 

Poor kids don't know what hit em
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,062
    PJammin' said:
    Just think of the kids. 
    kids don't know what a CD is anymore.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,854
    RE: 10c Exclusive Clear Vinyl

Wedding-singer-yesterday GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
    Seriously. But still bought it. It won't be the first I have more than one copy of.

A few years ago didn't the offer the Record Store Day release ahead of time? Like the Alive one or something? Why not just do this up front? Because we're all suckers. 
    That's good you got it though! If I wasn't poor rn after my purchase yesterday and some concerts coming up, I would have too. But yeah - I hear you for sure. I guess I'm glad I have the No Code 10c variant....
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,917
    The CD is not a 10club exclusive release.

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJammin' said:
    Just think of the kids. 
    kids don't know what a CD is anymore.

cuz they can't afford the shipping 😂

• Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,268
    demetrios said:
    The CD is not a 10club exclusive release.

I’m tempted to buy it and then file a claim because its not exclusive lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    who wants that shit?
    I think she’s sold something like 600,000 VINYL records this calendar year so far, so I’d say way more people want this “shit” than anything else. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it since Michael Jackson’s heyday.
    sad state of the world, my friend.

I love Taylor Swift. How is this sad? She is great.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    fafane45 said:
    It would have been nice to make the complete show available on Cd for ten club members.
    Sure, but then it isn’t “Give Way”.
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    edited April 2023
    CLEAR is already up on the bay...  so exclusive 😔
    i like sound...
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Anyone know if the 10c Yield 25th Anniversary LPs have shipped yet??

• Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    Anyone know if the 10c Yield 25th Anniversary LPs have shipped yet??
    Late summer, I believe 
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,326
    Did Easy Street drop the vinyl at all?  ISO black version. 
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:

They sure are jacking up the prices. 

Cheapest I've seen the vinyl in UK is £31.99 & the CD @ £13.99. Being the UK edition is 3000 vinyl & the CD 1000.

Taz Records here in Canada was selling the vinyl @ $53.99 CDN a pop. That's only $39.88 US. CD for $21.99 CDN.