Record Store Day April 22nd release of Pearl Jam's Give Way on Vinyl & CD. Clear vinyl Up @ 10club!

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    vi7alogy said:
    demetrios said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Got scammed out of the black version by a bunk Discogs seller. Glad I scored a clear. Didn’t think it would be that small of a run. The gold will be out soon!!!!
    I got scammed too. Had no idea how tough Discogs makes it to get your money back. Spent a half hour on the phone with my bank yesterday, and emailed Discogs non-existent customer service. A lot of work for $53 I still don’t have back. 

Best to just go through PayPal this soon after payment is made, because chances are the payment hasn't actually reached the scammer yet. I've done it before, and PayPal will usually automatically refund the amount when you go through the PP resolution centre and fill in the survey they have. Once you say someone on Discogs has been identified as a scammer, PP says we're issuing you a refund and it will go back into your account in 5 to 7 business days. Anyway, that's been my experience.

It's best these days to never buy from any seller from Discogs who created an account after 2019.
    I've only just created an account on Discogs... Should people never buy from me? 
    Unfortunately.. yah.  There's no way with what's going on with discogs and being overrun by scammers that I would buy from someone that had no feedback or limited feedback (I've noticed a number of scammers get a few positives, before the negatives start coming it.  Probably upvoted themselves with other scammer accounts.

I'm not sure I need an account back to 2019, but if I'm buying off there now, its from a seller that has a long track record of feed back.

Hopefully discogs figures out a way to clean itself up.  I think record collectors are quickly losing faith in the platform.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    edited April 2023
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Tell you what.  PJ has done a great job at destroying OG items pricing.  All we need is a Benny reissue to kill that one next.  I think anything of value has been remade now?
  • LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 195
    Tell you what.  PJ has done a great job at destroying OG items pricing.  All we need is a Benny reissue to kill that one next.  I think anything of value has been remade now?

I was wondering if the new Give Way release will drop the prices of the recalled Best Buy version. Give it a year and you'll probably score one for a hundred!
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990

I was wondering if the new Give Way release will drop the prices of the recalled Best Buy version. Give it a year and you'll probably score one for a hundred!
    Since only a few hundred exist, the price will hold better.

Vinyl reissue of Benny?
    Yes please! 

CopperTom said:

Since only a few hundred exist, the price will hold better.
    I own 2...  I've watched my OG vinyl prices lowered too...
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Vault 3
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    Received the RSD copy I ordered from Dearborn Music today. 

Really nice to have a legit copy of this one, even if it isn't the complete show. Sounds pretty damn good!

Looking forward to the 10C version now. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    UK vinyl & CD edition shipped out. Same with 10club clear edition.

What colored variant edition is next?
    tdawe said:
    Vault 3
    Give it time.  They will reissue it.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I ordered the RSD version on Discogs the day before 10C released its version.  So now I have both.  If anyone wants to buy my sealed RSD, I'll sell for what I paid, $55 plus media mail shipping, so less than $60.  I think that's cheaper than anything in the Discogs US by about $10. 
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    tdawe said:
    Vault 3
    Give it time.  They will reissue it.
    Honestly I don’t think vaults will be reissued 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    I miss igotid88
    So I checked hitsdailydouble.com and it's not in the top 50. The vinyl alone should place it at 46. Which at the moment has Luke Combs at 15,347. Also i see Taylor's rsd is at number 2 with 68,515 even though there were 75,000 copies available. This includes streaming as well
    I miss igotid88
    It will only stream for a limited time
    I miss igotid88
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 781
    demetrios said:

Vinyl reissue of Benny?
    Yes please! 
    Would they do Merkinball for a RSD you think? That'd be pretty awesome. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Lost Dogs next please 🙏 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    igotid88 said:
    It will only stream for a limited time
    Thank you for sharing this. I did not catch that in the original 10C email notice. 
  • LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 195
    JT167846 said:
    demetrios said:

Vinyl reissue of Benny?
    Yes please! 

This!!!
    JT167846 said:
    demetrios said:

Vinyl reissue of Benny?
    Yes please! 

Indeed it would be.
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717

Next up will be Lost Dogs. Just have to hold on longer and hope anyone will still give a shit!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Arrived today! Fast! ⚡️ 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,984
    igotid88 said:
    So I checked hitsdailydouble.com and it's not in the top 50. The vinyl alone should place it at 46. Which at the moment has Luke Combs at 15,347. Also i see Taylor's rsd is at number 2 with 68,515 even though there were 75,000 copies available. This includes streaming as well
    Not every independent record store reports its sales to Luminate, so these numbers will be underreported. You're also assuming that all the Pearl Jam items were sold, which is unlikely. Either they sold something south of the 14,905 that would have gotten them into the top 50, or they sold more than that but unreported sales are not being accounted for. I know that my local independent record store does not report its sales. Transactions are done by hand, not by UPC scan, and they have confirmed to me that they do not report sales. (And this is not like RIAA certifications, which count shipments to retailers, not sales to consumers.)

The total number of Give Way LPs and CDs that were made available was 19,500. That is the theoretical maximum number of sales they could have achieved on Record Store Day, not the LP total alone. If all 19,500 had been sold and accounted for, it would have placed at No. 28 per HDD.

Taylor Swift's 68,515 sales total is all physical sales, in this case, LPs.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.

BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Not every independent record store reports its sales to Luminate, so these numbers will be underreported. You're also assuming that all the Pearl Jam items were sold, which is unlikely. Either they sold something south of the 14,905 that would have gotten them into the top 50, or they sold more than that but unreported sales are not being accounted for. I know that my local independent record store does not report its sales. Transactions are done by hand, not by UPC scan, and they have confirmed to me that they do not report sales. (And this is not like RIAA certifications, which count shipments to retailers, not sales to consumers.)

The total number of Give Way LPs and CDs that were made available was 19,500. That is the theoretical maximum number of sales they could have achieved on Record Store Day, not the LP total alone. If all 19,500 had been sold and accounted for, it would have placed at No. 28 per HDD.

Taylor Swift's 68,515 sales total is all physical sales, in this case, LPs.
    Yes I know. But seeing as there aren't anymore of the vinyl available you would think it would be counted. Usually they include the streams on HDD. It doesn't show on my phone. Even then there are 7k Taylor copies not counted. Either way I think we should see top 50 at best top 70 worst
    I miss igotid88

I miss igotid88
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    PCV Records had at least ten records and a handful of CDs this morning.