Options

Record Store Day April 22nd release of Pearl Jam's Give Way on Vinyl & CD. Clear vinyl Up @ 10club!

Comments

• Options
    ED252217ED252217 Dallas, TX Posts: 5
    KV4053 said:
    Darkside cancelled my order. 😓
    In for one cancelation as well.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,904
    Pearl Jam Give Way. Available in 5 minutes!
    Discrepancy Records - Australia Only!

• Options
    rhpot1991rhpot1991 Posts: 150
    ED252217 said:
    KV4053 said:
    Darkside cancelled my order. 😓
    In for one cancelation as well.
    Same her w/ Darkside, Dearborn appeared to have shipped my order though.
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,181
  • Options
    gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    demetrios said:
    Pearl Jam Give Way. Available in 5 minutes!
    Discrepancy Records - Australia Only!

LPs gone 40 minutes later
    CDs gone to they were $50Aus insane,  I scored one for $20 on RSD at my local.

Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    edited April 2023
    Scored a CD on Saturday! :triumph: That was the only thing I was after this RSD :smile: I joined the queue around 03:45 am - first 20 people there :sleepy: Pie & Vinyl (Southsea, UK) delivered once again: They gave out pastries and freebies! :clap: I had a hot chocolate croissant an hour before they opened, and a nice Pie & Vinyl t-shirt when I reached the entrance! :star: 
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited April 2023
    Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,048
    I’m surprised the Swift album is gone everywhere.
    at my local store i arrived exactly when they opened. Took about 25 minutes to get in. As I was leaving there was no line left anymore and the owner announced there were extra Taylor albums for anyone who wanted to buy 2 (was a limit of 1)
    I also wonder how many of those 75,000 copies were sent out. Entirely possible stores didn’t order dozens and there still thousands more n a warehouse I would think. For her to sell 75,000 copies kind of blows my mind if she did.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I’m surprised the Swift album is gone everywhere.
    at my local store i arrived exactly when they opened. Took about 25 minutes to get in. As I was leaving there was no line left anymore and the owner announced there were extra Taylor albums for anyone who wanted to buy 2 (was a limit of 1)
    I also wonder how many of those 75,000 copies were sent out. Entirely possible stores didn’t order dozens and there still thousands more n a warehouse I would think. For her to sell 75,000 copies kind of blows my mind if she did.
    who wants that shit?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Yeah, at a sticker price of $46 too.
    Just checked on eBay. Tons already sold in the $125-150 range. Crazy. Should have bought 2 or 3 when I had the chance I guess.
    No idea that would even sell out, figured there would be plenty left on the shelves at that price. Who knew?
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,181
    lolobugg said:
    who wants that shit?
    I think she’s sold something like 600,000 VINYL records this calendar year so far, so I’d say way more people want this “shit” than anything else. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it since Michael Jackson’s heyday.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:
    who wants that shit?
    I think she’s sold something like 600,000 VINYL records this calendar year so far, so I’d say way more people want this “shit” than anything else. I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it since Michael Jackson’s heyday.
    sad state of the world, my friend.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,399
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    who wants that shit?

I mean just because someone plays a genre of music many of us aren't that into, makes it sad.   At least a bunch of people are enjoying her music.  I do remember seeing her on the grammies maybe 10 years ago. I think when she was shifting from country to pop, but it was just her and a piano.  She killed it.. so she's got talent, but most of the time plays a genre of music I don't appreciate it :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    who wants that shit?

I mean just because someone plays a genre of music many of us aren't that into, makes it sad.   At least a bunch of people are enjoying her music.  I do remember seeing her on the grammies maybe 10 years ago. I think when she was shifting from country to pop, but it was just her and a piano.  She killed it.. so she's got talent, but most of the time plays a genre of music I don't appreciate it :)
    I would say hooray for the record stores but they don't make anything off of new albums. maybe some of her fans will pick up some used records while they are in the store. pre-packaged pop music isn't my bag. 

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    Taylor Swift is cool and good. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    I have the bootleg version of this.  Must resist.  Must resist.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Hear hear. A very good songwriter and by all accounts a genuinely decent human. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,041
    tdawe said:
    Agreed.  She’s a phenomenal singer/writer/performer.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ceskaceska New York Posts: 1,098
    Oh man I am now really extra glad I picked up the Taylor Swift LP. It was totally an impulse buy. All the way up to the record store (1.5 hour drive) I was only planning to buy PJ and Soul Asylum. Even in late-afternoon when I arrived there was still a line going into the store, so I was just looking up RSD stuff online while I waited. Just as it was my turn to go to the counter and request my selections, I saw that the Long Pond session was being released. So I asked for a copy. I had no idea what any of this was going to cost and when the cashier told me (gulp!) I figured I was in too deep at that point and I went ahead with my purchase. Super glad I did.

Pre-packaged pop? Perhaps some TS fans are wondering why some people are so into recycled middle-age guy rock.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,661
    edited April 2023
    Just found the Swift LP an hour ago for retail actually.   Fitting my RSD ends with her since she dominated the weekend.  

She's okay by us in our opinion.  My wife and I even bought one of her albums before just to support her for something very generous that she did in our town with zero media coverage.  It only got out because a local person started talking about it later on.  Her fanbase certainly changed RSD the past two Aprils.  I think my local store was a little worried about how large the draw would be since it was huge for the 45 that she released last year.  They sat out RSD which made it tough for me. 
  • Options
    I never put her on myself. But my wife loves to play her when she’s cleaning the house. Aside from her pop phase in the middle, I kind of enjoy a lot of it.
    i just can’t believe she can sell 75,000 vinyl copies in a weekend.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,526
    It was awesome to see young people in the line yesterday instead of the same old graybeards (like me).
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,973
    mcgruff10 said:
    tdawe said:
    Agreed.  She’s a phenomenal singer/writer/performer.   
    Yeah. It's lame people feel the need to bag on her. You don't like her? No problem. We don't need to hear about it. This Long Pond Sessions is very special to her fans. I'm just happy it finally was pressed to vinyl.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    mace1229 said:
    I never put her on myself. But my wife loves to play her when she’s cleaning the house. Aside from her pop phase in the middle, I kind of enjoy a lot of it.
    i just can’t believe she can sell 75,000 vinyl copies in a weekend.
    I think Josey records in Dallas said they got around 500 Taylor swift.  They opened at 7am and sold out around noon while I was there.

So many people came for Taylor records that it took way longer to check out than it otherwise would have, but good for her.  I don’t mind lines for things I want.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed this one. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,399
    lolobugg said:
    Zod said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    who wants that shit?

I would say hooray for the record stores but they don't make anything off of new albums. maybe some of her fans will pick up some used records while they are in the store. pre-packaged pop music isn't my bag. 

Wait, record stores don't make money on selling new vinyl?  That can't be true?  Isn't the bulk of what most stores sell new pressings?
  • Options
    artforbwartforbw 60647 Posts: 131
    Zod said:
    lolobugg said:
    Zod said:
    lolobugg said:
    lolobugg said:
    who wants that shit?

Wait, record stores don't make money on selling new vinyl?  That can't be true?  Isn't the bulk of what most stores sell new pressings?
    Nope. The profit margin is very small on new records. They make the bulk of their money on selling used records.
    Plus, unsold new records are not returnable to their distributor, so they are stuck with the ones that don't sell.
    This info comes from people I know that own record stores.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,781
    edited April 2023
    Now on streaming!!

SiriusXM has the full version, but we don't. Wah.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 859
    My wife came with me on RSD for the first time to see if by chance there'd be any sneaky Taytay left over. No chance. She went down the rabbit hole big time and I'm stoked as she now knows why I get so excited about PJ and Tool (she did laugh at the Swifties losing their shit at Tool knocking Taylor off the No 1 spot though). I pick up every new album up for her on release day now which is a tradition I love. One day I'll get her a ticket to see her live (though I'm worried she'll visit here while we're on our 7 month trip later this year). She's bought me tickets to PJ, Soundgarden, Them Crooked Vultures and more. Had Flight of the Conchords not postponed to the same day she played Croke Park she'd have seen her bugger it-but hey that first time will be so nice to see her get that excited. Might even go with her. But in the meantime I can watch and help her learn Taylor songs on the guitar I got her as an early birthday present. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018