9 out of 9 "Days of Pearl Jam" limited to just people in the US. . .

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    Me too if I win any of the prices I’m giving them way I’m not a collector but only to folks here that post on the board and don’t live in USA!!

JOEJOEJOE said:
    In many cases, contests are U.S. only because the contest sponsor must issue a tax form to the winner so that said winner can report certain winnings on their U.S. tax returns.
    Ah taxes. Understood.
  • Free will is a motherfucker
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,469
    So a non-10C member in the US has a chance to win these contests, but PAYING international 10C members don't count?
    Merry Fkin Christmas.

It would be nice - just once - if they took the time to explain why the contests are US-only.
    We can all speculate, and there are plenty of suggestions about taxes and rules in this thread, but once again the lack of communication from 10C is shitty treatment for the international fans.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,157
    goldrush said:
    So a non-10C member in the US has a chance to win these contests, but PAYING international 10C members don't count?
    Merry Fkin Christmas.

It would be nice - just once - if they took the time to explain why the contests are US-only.
    We can all speculate, and there are plenty of suggestions about taxes and rules in this thread, but once again the lack of communication from 10C is shitty treatment for the international fans.
    👏 couldn’t have said it better myself! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,096
    edited December 2022
    4 out of the 4 "Days of Pearl Jam" are not for fans that happen to not be US residents (one country, out of ~200 countries in the world).

Doesn't ring true to be "Days of pearl Jam" to me, with how much the international fans have given the band. Personal opinion. I don't have a spredsheet on how much international fans have given. But we all remember Black from Milan 2006. 

The name of this thing should be changed in my personal opinion.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • There is s reason  people travel all round the world to europe to see a show. We bring the noise. And the vibe. G.A  here  has been an absolute pleasure 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • treestrees Posts: 1,866
    edited December 2022
    JPPJ84 said:
    KM73780 said:
    Pearl Jam is a band from the US. If you have a problem with it, you are welcome to leave. 
    What an insanely stupid comment 
    Sounds like a tiny trump.fan or a person that thinks american 
    Is the greatest country in the world thing

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,980
    Loujoe said:
    Love you all. Offer something outside us. I have an opened purple 10 to RAK off.
     (US excluded)

.10th pm gets it.

Only one pm each or excluded

Void where prohibited and if it gets smashed in the mail no complaining.

If you are a flipper. F..k off

If you cut me in a GA line. F..k off

Non-flippable anyway

Ready, set, ho! Ho! Ho!

Where the dogs at? Still waiting for 10. Golly gee :)
  • Five out of five days of the Tenclub starting something that actively excludes a huge part of their fanbase.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Six out of six days without a thought of people outside of the US.

Hopefully someone at Tenclub realises what they are doing and pulls the emergency brakes and fixes this for the last four days.
  • Six out of six days without a thought of people outside of the US.

Hopefully someone at Tenclub realises what they are doing and pulls the emergency brakes and fixes this for the last four days.
    icky
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    In many cases, contests are U.S. only because the contest sponsor must issue a tax form to the winner so that said winner can report certain winnings on their U.S. tax returns.

Yep, this is 100% the reason.
    Loujoe said:
    Love you all. Offer something outside us. I have an opened purple 10 to RAK off.
     (US excluded)

.10th pm gets it.

Non-flippable anyway

Ready, set, ho! Ho! Ho!

Help me ease my US guilt. It's like I'm trying to give away a pile of sh.t :)
    edited December 2022
    Loujoe said:
    Edit. CONTEST OVER. WINNER FOUND. Thanks for playing. Stay well

(US excluded)

.10th pm gets it.

Non-flippable anyway

Ready, set, ho! Ho! Ho!
    Contest over. 

Stay well. :)
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,277
    surely all 10c should be in it to win it
    danny d
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,626
    edited December 2022
    The splitting hairs over semantics in this thread is painful. We know how the last 4 days are gonna go. It sucks that world fans are excluded from this, but its been explained why the rest of the world is excluded. If they retitled the promotion to the overly wordy T"en Days Of Pearl Jam for US fans only because various international laws make it overly complicated to do this and our lawyers have asked us not to include the rest of the world for tax and legal purposes" would that make everyone happy?

Like, I don't understand the daily complaining. Its not gonna move a needle over something PJ has zero control over (Other than changing the name of the contest).

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,932
    Like, I don't understand the daily complaining. Its not gonna move a needle over something PJ has zero control over (Other than changing the name of the contest).

Try not to let it get to you.  Some (one??) here seem to be a complaint in search of a problem.  No matter what the band or ten club does there is a post critiquing it and how they should have done it better.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,626
    Eh, I don’t mind the complaint. Sometimes it worth pointing things out or fan casting how they wish things were. I just don’t understand the daily update when it was established days ago why it is this way. 
  • Kel VarnsenKel Varnsen Posts: 1,951
    I get that different countries have different laws around contests. In Canada if you are a real game of chance lottery you need a license. Which is why a lot of giveaways, like at McDonald's require a skill testing math question so the contest becomes a game of skill. 

Anyone watch Seth Meyers do his Corrections show on YouTube? A few weeks ago he said he would do a draw if people outside the US sent him a postcard, and they could win a free mug (since the NBC online store doesn't ship outside the US). But then the NBC legal department found out and since he didn't clear it with legal he had to send a mug to everyone who sent a postcard.

But for a contest like this how hard is it to get PJ lawyers to make sure it is legal to run contests in other countries. Or use the list of 10 Club members to find the top 3 countries with members and make sure your contest is legal in those countries.

• JOEJOEJOE said:

Yep, this is 100% the reason.
    So far, all of the prizes are well below the 1099 reporting threshold and you can still issue US tax forms to non US people.  There may be some other tax or legal reason, but this is not it.
  • GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362

Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,032
    edited December 2022
    goldrush said:
    Merry Fkin Christmas.

Post edited by Release EV on
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,868
    edited December 2022
    https://brittanysbest.com/2011/09/your-giveaway-is-illegal/

If the giveaway allows international participants, things get really crazy. Giveaway laws abroad are often contradictory to laws in the United States. Sweepstakes as defined above are illegal in Canada, since giving away prizes without a skill requirement is considered a lottery. Delivering a prize internationally can get you in trouble in countries with restrictions on U.S. exports
    Post edited by mookeywrench on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Posts: 2,209
    edited December 2022
    on2legs said:

Try not to let it get to you.  Some (one??) here seem to be a complaint in search of a problem.  No matter what the band or ten club does there is a post critiquing it and how they should have done it better.
    not the pretentious swede? icky. okey.
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • on2legs said:

Don't know who this "one??" you are refering to is. But if only one (1) find it troubling how this even came to be, instead of something that was inclusive to the bigger fanbase/members. Then the Tenclub and the fanbase are in worse shape than I thought. 

Hopefully you though have a wonderful day, and take the time to take part in the day 7 of 10 give-away. I know I will! Oh... wait... no...
  • rb173565rb173565 Posts: 107
    i'll complain on day 10 when it's a benny up for grabs :-)
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,159
    An opportunity to complain for 10 days is truly the greatest gift they can give their fanbase
  • rb173565 said:
    i'll complain on day 10 when it's a benny up for grabs :-)

It probably will be.

The orange Fixer kicks ass tho. I certainly wouldn't complain at having 2/4.

We did figure out the "blue vs light blue" wasn't true, right? As of last I heard, it was the same.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    https://brittanysbest.com/2011/09/your-giveaway-is-illegal/

If the giveaway allows international participants, things get really crazy. Giveaway laws abroad are often contradictory to laws in the United States. Sweepstakes as defined above are illegal in Canada, since giving away prizes without a skill requirement is considered a lottery. Delivering a prize internationally can get you in trouble in countries with restrictions on U.S. exports

This discussion has been closed.