psst...10/25/2022

Comments

• EnterThanmanEnterThanman Posts: 1,057
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just a thought….it would be cool if they somehow let people who bought ten club tickets to the show have first dibs.  

Those people had dibs at the show. The posters available here seem to me to be for others to get a chance to land one.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,098
    Why do people  want so badly a poster from a show they never  attended is what im saying.  If you went i get it. 
    This. A million times this. 
    Art..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Just a thought….it would be cool if they somehow let people who bought ten club tickets to the show have first dibs.  

Those people had dibs at the show. The posters available here seem to me to be for others to get a chance to land one.
    Your logic would make sense if there was enough for us 10C members to get one at the show. 
  • danofundanofun Posts: 985
    danofun said:
    The complaining needs to end. PJ and 10C commission a poster for every show. They then  make it available to US in the merch tent, at the show, direct from the artist, and via the pearljam.com. Will you land everything you want? No. That’s life. Be grateful for the experiences provided, the art created, and the privilege to partake in the what you’re fortunate enough to experience. To Santos, the band, the crew, the artists, and all others involved, thank you.
    Mark Twain famously wrote, "“Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” Who knew he was directing this at 21st century poster seekers..

You are entitled to nothing. Be grateful when good fortune finds you. Happy hunting!
  • pjman75pjman75 Posts: 848
    ..and I'm just sitting over here waiting on the STL print to drop.  LOL  :)  Good luck on Camden!
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246
    pjman75 said:
    ..and I'm just sitting over here waiting on the STL print to drop.  LOL  :)  Good luck on Camden!
    Let’s go ahead and sellout the StL today so it is out of the way for Camden tomorrow!!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • tjk895tjk895 Posts: 237
    pjman75 said:
    Let’s go ahead and sellout the StL today so it is out of the way for Camden tomorrow!!
    My guess is nothing drops today, StL drops after Camden.
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Im counting on St. Louis dropping today.
  • BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    drfox said:
    Thanks for the heads up. Personally much prefer the random drops. With an announced time there’s going to be a few thousand people trying to grab 200-300 posters

This feels like a penetration test against AWS.
    This is funny…nice one
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 888
    edited October 2022
    PJ1973 said:
    LOL, the drop is for Tuesday an hour before i go in for my first colonoscopy. I'll spare the details but refreshing my computer is probably not what I'll be doing at that time  :)
    maybe "refreshing my computer" could be the new euphemism for a colonoscopy....just a thought
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • PJ1973PJ1973 Posts: 414
    edited October 2022
    The art, the artist, nostalgia/setimental reasons.

I saw Phish at the Gorge in 1997, years before they did posters for every show.

I've bought several Phish Gorge posters from the past few years because the art and artist are great, and I can still look at it and remember one of the best experiences of my life, traveling from Texas to California to Washington, as a 17 year old right out of highschool.
    Thought of you now because I just saw Phish’s new Gorge box set and poster, but it’s from 1998, not 1997. Still would be nice add to your collection. 
    Post edited by PJ1973 on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206

• SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    mcgruff10 said:

That's one of those things, where if it's decent poster, you have to wait several hours for it at the show one way or another. You either stand in the long outdoor line, or get in line around 5pm to be among the first in the door. And if you do that, you will get your poster, but after you buy it you then have several hours to wait until PJ takes the stage.
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646

1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,258
    edited October 2022
    Sarava said:
    mcgruff10 said:

That's one of those things, where if it's decent poster, you have to wait several hours for it at the show one way or another. You either stand in the long outdoor line, or get in line around 5pm to be among the first in the door. And if you do that, you will get your poster, but after you buy it you then have several hours to wait until PJ takes the stage.
    And still no guarantee. I've talked to people who waited hours and still didn't get a poster or the shirt they were waiting all that time to get. I've also  been walking by the stand when they were telling everyone its sold out, then to see them bring in a box with 100 more posters. The look on the people who had just gone through the line was good people watching entertainment right there.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,434
    danofun said:
    The complaining needs to end. PJ and 10C commission a poster for every show. They then  make it available to US in the merch tent, at the show, direct from the artist, and via the pearljam.com. Will you land everything you want? No. That’s life. Be grateful for the experiences provided, the art created, and the privilege to partake in the what you’re fortunate enough to experience. To Santos, the band, the crew, the artists, and all others involved, thank you.
    I also believe that the complaining about the complaining needs to end.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    danofun said:
    I also believe that the complaining about the complaining needs to end.
    I would agree with that.

I won't be trying for this poster, so good luck to everyone that's going for it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • danofun said:

People aren't entitled to anything. The posters are readily available if you truly want one - either wait in line in the morning or go in right when the doors open to ensure you get one at face value or accept the reality that you might have to pay a tad more to get one on ebay if you can't or don't want to do either of those options. You can't complain if you choose to do something else all day and then walk in 5 minutes before the band comes on and you don't land every piece of merchandise you want.

Don't get me wrong, I get frustrated by getting shut out too. That's why I make the conscious choice to stand in line to grab a shirt and a poster early in the day for most of the shows that I go to. Do I do it at every show? No. And for the ones I don't I have to accept that reality that I chose to do something else with my time so I'm not entitled to a poster at cost. At the end of the day though, I care so much more about the music than the merch (which unfortunately is not the case with a sizeable chunk of this fan base) so I can live with it.
    twanzilla said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Your logic would make sense if there was enough for us 10C members to get one at the show. 

Well I'd say there is. If you're looking to not wait in a line, and just get a poster ensured at the time you buy a 10c ticket, that's a different conversation. But I've personally never had an issue getting a poster at a show. 
    Sarava said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I agree with that. But ultimately a poster is just a souvenir right? Either it's worth it to you to wait in line and then drag it around with you, or it's not. But people at the show still have a chance to get one before anyone else.
  • twanzilla said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Well I'd say there is. If you're looking to not wait in a line, and just get a poster ensured at the time you buy a 10c ticket, that's a different conversation. But I've personally never had an issue getting a poster at a show. 
    I guess I'm just focusing on your wording that they had "dibs" at the show. To me, if there was a 10C only merch line, I'd say that's the case. But a non-10C member and a 10C member have equal shots at getting a poster at any given show. Your argument is that because people go to the show, they have access to the prints first (before they go up online) and that is definitely the case but it isn't like a 10C member going to a show has any particular advantage in actually getting a print. I'm not saying we're entitled to anything but it would be nice to have that advantage. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,258
    edited October 2022
    danofun said:

People aren't entitled to anything. The posters are readily available if you truly want one - either wait in line in the morning or go in right when the doors open to ensure you get one at face value or accept the reality that you might have to pay a tad more to get one on ebay if you can't or don't want to do either of those options. You can't complain if you choose to do something else all day and then walk in 5 minutes before the band comes on and you don't land every piece of merchandise you want.

Don't get me wrong, I get frustrated by getting shut out too. That's why I make the conscious choice to stand in line to grab a shirt and a poster early in the day for most of the shows that I go to. Do I do it at every show? No. And for the ones I don't I have to accept that reality that I chose to do something else with my time so I'm not entitled to a poster at cost. At the end of the day though, I care so much more about the music than the merch (which unfortunately is not the case with a sizeable chunk of this fan base) so I can live with it.
    We have different definitions of "readily available." What you describe I would not consider readily available. What I do agree with is it is a choice. If you want one bad enough at face value, there's a decent chance at most shows you can get one. Still always a chance you wait 4 hours and come up empty too.
    Most of us just wish there was a way to get one without waiting 4 hours in a line, especially when you're visiting a city you rarely go to. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    edited October 2022
    mace1229 said:
    Most of us just wish there was a way to get one without waiting 4 hours in a line, especially when you're visiting a city you rarely go to. 
    This is exactly what I was thinking.  There were a few lines during this tour that were just insane.  Toronto wasn't bad, with about a 45 minute wait...and that was about the borderline of where I would think twice about getting into a line.  Maybe an hour.  But for that show, nobody was with me, so I had the time to kill standing in line.  For other shows, where I went with people....those people are usually not insane die hards....so there are two options....they stand in line with me for multiple hours, or they go and do other things while I stand in line for multiple hours.  Neither of those is really an option, as I dont want to spend that time waiting for a poster.  If it means I dont get one, then so be it.  But I'd rather there be a better way to get one. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • I would love it if they offered a presale of posters etc., but it doesn’t appear that it’s a concern for them. It comes down to time vs. money. If you have the time to stand in line (I was there at 6 am for MSG), part of it was talking to awesome fans and exchanging stories. I have met some of the most incredible people this way. It’s hard because not everyone has the freedom to monitor the website or to stand in line for 7 hrs. So then how much are you willing to spend on “The Bay”? I personally would rather stand in line because it is becoming harder and harder to get AP prints that sell out in a matter of 30 sec. I haven’t had much success with those sales anyways. I do appreciate Ten Club rereleasing them, though. I don’t think there will ever be a perfect solution; someone is always going to be pissed. 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    mcgruff10 said:
    What is the appeal Of this poster?
    I approved this poster...
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • I would love it if they offered a presale of posters etc., but it doesn’t appear that it’s a concern for them. It comes down to time vs. money. If you have the time to stand in line (I was there at 6 am for MSG), part of it was talking to awesome fans and exchanging stories. I have met some of the most incredible people this way. It’s hard because not everyone has the freedom to monitor the website or to stand in line for 7 hrs. So then how much are you willing to spend on “The Bay”? I personally would rather stand in line because it is becoming harder and harder to get AP prints that sell out in a matter of 30 sec. I haven’t had much success with those sales anyways. I do appreciate Ten Club rereleasing them, though. I don’t think there will ever be a perfect solution; someone is always going to be pissed. 
    They did do presale posters back in 2009. I have no idea why they never did it again.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,983
    I recall the rhys colab isle or Wright (sp) poster was a preorder. Another one I got in a mystery sale. Nice poster.
  • edoconedocon Posts: 324
    I would love it if they offered a presale of posters etc., but it doesn’t appear that it’s a concern for them. It comes down to time vs. money. If you have the time to stand in line (I was there at 6 am for MSG), part of it was talking to awesome fans and exchanging stories. I have met some of the most incredible people this way. It’s hard because not everyone has the freedom to monitor the website or to stand in line for 7 hrs. So then how much are you willing to spend on “The Bay”? I personally would rather stand in line because it is becoming harder and harder to get AP prints that sell out in a matter of 30 sec. I haven’t had much success with those sales anyways. I do appreciate Ten Club rereleasing them, though. I don’t think there will ever be a perfect solution; someone is always going to be pissed. 
    They did do presale posters back in 2009. I have no idea why they never did it again.

Perhaps there was a correlation between presale poster sales and (decline in?)  the amount of merch sold at the venue compared to years where they didn't offer presale for posters.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    edocon said:
    I would love it if they offered a presale of posters etc., but it doesn’t appear that it’s a concern for them. It comes down to time vs. money. If you have the time to stand in line (I was there at 6 am for MSG), part of it was talking to awesome fans and exchanging stories. I have met some of the most incredible people this way. It’s hard because not everyone has the freedom to monitor the website or to stand in line for 7 hrs. So then how much are you willing to spend on “The Bay”? I personally would rather stand in line because it is becoming harder and harder to get AP prints that sell out in a matter of 30 sec. I haven’t had much success with those sales anyways. I do appreciate Ten Club rereleasing them, though. I don’t think there will ever be a perfect solution; someone is always going to be pissed. 

Perhaps there was a correlation between presale poster sales and (decline in?)  the amount of merch sold at the venue compared to years where they didn't offer presale for posters.
    I'm guessing it was just a logistical nightmare. I wish the tickets came with a code for a poster that could be used on the website.  Then you have 2 weeks to place an order to reserve one being sent.  Probably would not be any different logistically than the current system. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    edocon said:
    Nailed it, this whole process is a money making endeavor and whatever nets the most cash with the least effort is going to win the day