Will you Travel Next Tour?

Comments

• Options
    RenfieldRenfield NYC NY Posts: 1,054
    Abso-fucking-lutely!
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited June 2022
    Judging by this thread and the set list threads, I’m thinking it’s going to be a lot easier to get 10c GA tickets in the future. Some fans asses are real chapped lol
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,125
    haha, why wouldn't I.  I love to watch this band play.  Every night is different, even if they may latch on to a tighter list of songs for the tour.  When it comes to this band, I guess I have FOMO, so yes, I will travel.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    Judging by this thread and the set list threads, I’m thinking it’s going to be a lot easier to get 10c GA tickets in the future. Some fans asses are real chapped lol
    I would say the odds of that are low.

complaining usually doesn’t result in action. You can be mad about the set lists, but when push comes to shove you are going (if you were going before)
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited June 2022
    NY, Philly, Chicago 10c tickets will always be difficult to get.  

The places like Greenville, Moline, etc might see a large decrease in demand if the allure of “small city epic setlist” is a thing of the past

If this is the new norm for Tours and arenas, then fine.  But it would be cool for them to do a couple destination / maybe even 10c only? shows per year.  Would be a great compromise for all.  Give the 10c crazies their 1-2 shows to look forward to, and appeal to the masses on the regular tours.  As the band enters their 60s, that is something I could live with.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    I think those days are behind me. They come to my area enough as it is anyway. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    NY, Philly, Chicago 10c tickets will always be difficult to get.  

The places like Greenville, Moline, etc might see a large decrease in demand if the allure of “small city epic setlist” is a thing of the past

If this is the new norm for Tours and arenas, then fine.  But it would be cool for them to do a couple destination / maybe even 10c only? shows per year.  Would be a great compromise for all.  Give the 10c crazies their 1-2 shows to look forward to, and appeal to the masses on the regular tours.  As the band enters their 60s, that is something I could live with.
    My comment was without analyzing different market demands. Having said that, if I’m rating the ass chap of the 10c Forum fans on a scale of 1-10, it’s at about a 7, and therefore causes some general discomfort which would make standing in the GA pit an uncomfortable chore. Not the burning pain of a 10 which would render attending the event impossible. 

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    I wasn't going to travel for THIS tour but ended up with tickets to shows in two countries. Life comes at you fast. Try to have your fun when you can. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,156
    JimmyV said:
    I wasn't going to travel for THIS tour but ended up with tickets to shows in two countries. Life comes at you fast. Try to have your fun when you can. 
    Life is what you make it 
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    JimmyV said:
    You won’t regret it.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 364
    My dream would be to see them play in Lisboa with Xutos e Pontapes as openers. I would travel to see that! 
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    I pretty much only travel to cities I haven't been to before, so I'll continue to use concerts as that excuse.  I'll probably travel more for MMJ and Ween in the future though.
    Ween is hands down the best touring band at this time. They play 3 shows a month (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Every set is wildly different. On the weekends they play I actually listen to their shows as they are streamed. Only band I do that for. They have made their performances into an event.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    Yep. Saw the Denver Halloween run last year. Three shows, 100 songs, no repeats. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    TH113769TH113769 Posts: 436
    Yep - every show / city has something different.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Let's cruise past all the Golden poo....

For how much I've listened to Ween, never seen them live.  Need to change that.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    I haven't felt the same urge to travel since 2013, when I almost inadvertently saw six shows including the final four dates of the tour. By the end I was tired, the shows were starting to blend in with one another, and I needed a break so I could recalibrate my relationship with Pearl Jam. I've seen them five times since then. Two of those were hometown shows, so I've only travelled to see Pearl Jam three times in the past nine years. In September, I'm travelling to see them once; I'm seeing them down the street once; and the third show is in a city that's 45 minutes away (so Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton). I'm good with that: 2-3 shows a tour allows me to check in on the band and have an awesome time but without feeling like I'm overdoing it. Also, I'm 41, soon to be 42, and while I'm in the best shape of my life there's a tremendous gap between "running marathons" shape and "singing along to PJ" shape. ;)
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    NWOntario said:
    I haven't felt the same urge to travel since 2013, when I almost inadvertently saw six shows including the final four dates of the tour. By the end I was tired, the shows were starting to blend in with one another, and I needed a break so I could recalibrate my relationship with Pearl Jam. I've seen them five times since then. Two of those were hometown shows, so I've only travelled to see Pearl Jam three times in the past nine years. In September, I'm travelling to see them once; I'm seeing them down the street once; and the third show is in a city that's 45 minutes away (so Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton). I'm good with that: 2-3 shows a tour allows me to check in on the band and have an awesome time but without feeling like I'm overdoing it. Also, I'm 41, soon to be 42, and while I'm in the best shape of my life there's a tremendous gap between "running marathons" shape and "singing along to PJ" shape. ;)
    Well maybe if you spent as much time drinking as you are running you would be in "singing along to PJ" shape again.
  • Options
    RR258111RR258111 São Paulo, Brazil Posts: 59
    Yes. Definitely, no issues with the short setlists.... 

PJ - Irvine,CA (06,03,2003) SP, Brazil (12,02,2005), SP, Brazil (12,03,2005) ,SP, Brazil (11,03,2011),  SP, Brazil (11,04,2011), SP, Brazil (03,31, 2013), SP, Brazil (11,14,2015), Ft Lauderdale, FL (04,08,2016), Miami, FL (04,09,2016), SP,Brazil(03,24,2018)Chicago, IL(08,18, 2018), Chicago, IL(08,20,2018), San Diego, CA (05,03,2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/06/2022), Los Angeles, CA (05/07/2022) , Oakland, CA(05/12/2022) - EV - SP, Brazil 2015/2018, 

• Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    NWOntario said:
    Well maybe if you spent as much time drinking as you are running you would be in "singing along to PJ" shape again.
    That's a very valid point and one which I'll be taking under advisement.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    I live in Chicago, so I usually don't have to. I'm traveling to St Louis this year, but that's barely traveling. I've only ever traveled to see them once, that was in Seattle.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    two show stays yes. Other wise the pull is reducing 

So in essence yes, but not as much
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    This is the first  run of shows where Ive been at home and not wished I was at a show.....
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    pdalowsky said:
    This is the first  run of shows where Ive been at home and not wished I was at a show.....
    Same paul. Feels odd
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,946
    I still shut my eyes and dream as the  set comes  through. But im happy to have been at great shows. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    No, the amount of time that the shows takes up doesn't give for much exploring.  I'll go to a destination next time.  I believe my PJ traveling days are over.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    pdalowsky said:
    Same paul. Feels odd
    It has been a strange experience. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    No, the amount of time that the shows takes up doesn't give for much exploring.  I'll go to a destination next time.  I believe my PJ traveling days are over.
    Depends on whether you go to preparties and stand in line for merch.  You can walk in at 8:00pm and still have your full day.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Depends on whether you go to preparties and stand in line for merch.  You can walk in at 8:00pm and still have your full day.
    I don't think I'll do any of those anymore.  I do like going in the venue early though to get the specific event shirt.  SHN was a friggin disaster for that...

No more stickers and the posters have been underwhelming.  I'll just travel to travel now.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    it's funny....a buddy of mine and his family are in Europe right now for 3 weeks. he was trying to see if they're itinerary lined up with any of the PJ shows. Belgium did, but he couldn't get tickets. he said "too bad, I saw the setlists of this tour and they are EPIC". He's a "less is more" greatest hits lover. he and I couldn't be more different when it comes to shows. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Of course. It's the only way I can see my band @ work.