Options

State of elections since 2020

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,937
    Ohio GOP remaining in violation of the Ohio Constitutional amendment they themselves crafted in 2018.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options

• Options

Ohio Sec. of State LaRose has flagged 641 cases of voter fraud. Less than 3% resulted in charges

An Ohio Capital Journal review of LaRose’s fraud referrals found just 18 charges.

By: Nick Evans - September 26, 2023 5:00 am

Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose talks to reporters. (Photo by Susan Tebben, OCJ.)

Since taking office in early 2019, Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose has referred more than 640 cases of potential voter fraud to state or county investigators. Almost none of those incidents resulted in charges — much less convictions.

Although LaRose regularly notes voter fraud is rare, his rhetoric on the subject has grown noticeably sharper in recent years.

In February last year, LaRose announced 62 incidents, and zeroed in on 27 cases where someone might have illegally cast a ballot in 2020’s election.

“Of the record-breaking nearly 6 million votes cast in that election,” LaRose said, “the 27 votes account for 0.0005 percent of the total.”

The Hill ran a story on LaRose’s announcement and made a connection to other reporting that undermined former President Donald Trump’s baseless claims of voter fraud. On Twitter, Secretary LaRose pushed back vehemently.

Here they go again. Mainstream media trying to minimize voter fraud to suit their narrative. The Hill uses a press release from my office to falsely claim “there’s nothing to see here – move along.” WRONG! pic.twitter.com/9I08kIWh0R

— Frank LaRose (@FrankLaRose) February 4, 2022

“Here they go again,” he began, arguing The Hill miscast his press release, “to falsely claim ‘there’s nothing to see here – move along.’ WRONG!” In a subsequent tweet he insisted those referrals were “ONLY THE BEGINNING.”

continues....

• Options

GOP-proposed legislative maps panned at hearing

Photo of Jim  Provance
    Jim Provance
    The Blade
    Sep 25, 2023
    2:27 PM

COLUMBUS — Republican-drawn maps for state legislative districts faced criticism from Democrats, Republicans, and independents at a Geauga County public hearing on Monday.

Those maps purport, on paper, to favor a 23-10 Republican majority in the state Senate, compared to a 26-7 super-majority now, and a 54-45 GOP House, compared to 67-32 now.

But Democrats argued that they pack Democrats into as few urban districts as possible to create more GOP-friendly districts in rural Ohio.

Advertisement

No one spoke in favor of the Republican proposal during the two-hour day hearing.

The Ohio Statehouse in Columbus on June 28
    Jim Provance
    Fight over Ohio's congressional map ends

Justin Tjaden, a registered independent from Geneva on the Lake, took aim at Republicans who hold five of the seven seats on the commission.

“The perception seems to be that as long as we have power, we will protect those who help us keep it,” he said. “The perception is that we will protect [Rep.] Josh Williams in District 44, because he won a contested district, voted party line...”

Mr. Williams and term-limited Rep. Derek Merrin (R., Monclova Township) reside in what would be the new 44th District, the only one of the four Lucas County-based House districts that, on paper, would be friendly to the GOP.

continues...

• Options

• Options

• Options
    a must listen. 

3rd Party = TRUMP: A Conversation with the Lincoln Project’s Rick Wilson The PoliticsGirl Podcast Duration: 58:52 Published: Tue, 26 Sep 2023 07:00:00 -0000 Media: https://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/pdst.fm/e/chrt.fm/track/537745/pscrb.fm/rss/p/traffic.megaphone.fm/MTH9634327717.mp3?updated=1695698002  Podcast: https://www.podcastrepublic.net/podcast/1595408601  <p>Presidential third parties are deceiving the public. They claim to offer a choice, but what they’re offering is an illusion. A dream that somehow their candidate could defy history and do something...    ---- Sent from Podcast Republic 23.9.12R https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itunestoppodcastplayer.app

• Options

• Options

• Options
    If you're in one of the states that hasn't passed the legislation for the compact, get on the horn. Make every vote count.

Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote

One-page explanation (PDF)

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact will guarantee the Presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes across all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The Compact ensures that every vote, in every state, will matter in every presidential election. The Compact is a state-based approach that preserves the Electoral College, state control of elections, and the power of the states to control how the President is elected.

The National Popular Vote bill has been enacted by 17 jurisdictions possessing 205 electoral votes, including 4 small states (DE, HI, RI, VT), 9 medium-sized states (CO, CT, MD, MA, MN, NJ, NM, OR, WA), 3 big states (CA, IL, NY), and the District of Columbia. The bill will take effect when enacted by states with 65 more electoral votes.  The bill has passed at least one chamber in 8 additional states with 78 more electoral votes (AR, AZ, ME, MI, NC, NV, OK, VA).  A total of 3,705 state legislators from all 50 states have endorsed it.  

The shortcomings of the current system of electing the President stem from “winner-take-all” laws that have been enacted by state legislatures in 48 states. These laws award all of a state’s electoral votes to the candidate receiving the most popular votes in each state.

Because of these state winner-take-all statutes, presidential candidates have no reason to pay attention to the issues of concern to voters in states where the statewide outcome is a foregone conclusion. In 2012, as shown on the map, all of the  253 general-election campaign events were in just 12 states, and two-thirds were in just 4 states (Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and Iowa). Thirty-eight states were completely ignored.

Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote | National Popular Vote

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    mickeyrat said:

A great day for elections in those states!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options