Options

COVID and band members

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    I got some looks from those around me for wearing a mask in GA at Fresno.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    100 Pacer said:
              Just jealous cuz you still looked great
           even with a mask On
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,516
    100 Pacer said:
    My wife and I have tickets for Nashville and St Louis and I am going solo to OKC. We have talked about it and we will be wearing masks for the shows.  
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    100 Pacer said:
    My wife and I have tickets for Nashville and St Louis and I am going solo to OKC. We have talked about it and we will be wearing masks for the shows.  
    You are a smart man! 

Don't worry about anyone else, they aren't living your life or making your decisions. Have a great time a be safe. 

I have two unvaccinated children at home. Anyone who wants to cast judgement at me for wearing a mask at a concert with 18,000 other people who have been who knows where can stick it. I've been to 8 concerts since last summer and have not caught covid or had any issues. And honestly, I haven't noticed anyone giving me dirty looks either, but that might be because I'm in the North East or because I just don't pay attention.
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 208
    100 Pacer said:
    I feel ya. I not only got looks, but got hassled by someone at a show (not Pearl Jam) for wearing my mask. I went to another part of the venue, but it upset me. 
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    I 100% support you for doing this! Have a wonderful time!! 
  • Options
    I do wonder what it's going to be like at the show in Québec City. My wife and I got looks from non-maskers at the grocery store the last few times we went lol. 

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 175
    RiotAct10 said:
    Lukeat911 said:
    Hoping Matt and Jeff are doing well. Would love an update just letting us know they’re okay. I know they’re vaxxed and all, but still. 
    Josh did a radio interview a couple days ago. He seemed to say Matt was good and was actually planning on playing in Vegas, and that Jeff seemed to be over the worst of it as well.
    Thanks! Great to hear
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    was just on a live youtube chat with Our Lady Peace and they were talking about the lead singer (Raine) having covid for the second time a month or so ago and his throat still isn't better, so the bassist said "do what Pearl Jam did-they put out a call for demos to be sent to Ten Club to audition when Matt Cameron got sick". lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248
    100 Pacer said:
    I feel ya. I not only got looks, but got hassled by someone at a show (not Pearl Jam) for wearing my mask. I went to another part of the venue, but it upset me. 
    Just ridiculous that people feel the need to hassle someone for taking a precaution, especially knowing nothing about that person's medical history or family situation etc.
    Next time just give them this line about mask wearing:
    "It's just like masturbation. I'll do me, you do you and we'll all be happy."
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    I think I'll start yelling at someone for wearing a toque when I think it's too warm out for a toque. because, you know, toque wearing in warm weather is triggering to me. it signals you are a sheep of the cold-weather-clothing-in-warm-weather-cabal, and I have a second cousin who owns a summer clothing store. they are all just grifting people into wearing single-season clothing all four seasons. it's a fucking scam, and I just wont' stand for it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    nicknyr15 said:
    Tool didn’t have a small crew on their tour either 

I’ve heard it takes 39 people just to set up Danny’s kit 😊

Probably didn't test cause you don't have to. If someone felt ill they stay away.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,242
    100 Pacer said:
    I wore a KN95 mask to the shows I made it to this 
    month, with occasional breaks, and so far so good.  Nobody gave me a hard time at all.  I really don’t think anybody cared.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 385
    My husband and I went to the first 5 California shows and wore masks the whole time. We were in the minority of course, but I didn't feel like anyone cared either way about our choice to do so.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,516
    100 Pacer said:
    month, with occasional breaks, and so far so good.  Nobody gave me a hard time at all.  I really don’t think anybody cared.  
    After reading on here how many people picked up Covid during the first few shows, I don’t want to risk missing a show. If someone has a problem with me wearing a mask at the shows,  they are welcome to let me know. I hope they will feel equally welcome when I tell them to mind their own F’ing business. 
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    100 Pacer said:
                      ^^^ It seemed OK to mask. It Is Ok.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    It seems those who wore masks walked away from the shows without getting COVID.  Others were not so lucky.
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    Poncier said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Just ridiculous that people feel the need to hassle someone for taking a precaution, especially knowing nothing about that person's medical history or family situation etc.
    Or take your mask off and start coughing on them. It's kind of selfish of you to be protecting yourself and them too. :)

In all seriousness, my kids choose to wear their masks to school still. We get notified almost daily that a classmate of theirs has contracted covid. My kids have not missed a day of school this year.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,242
    Get_Right said:
    It seems those who wore masks walked away from the shows without getting COVID.  Others were not so lucky.
    Imagine that.  Something that filters out a virus actually filters out the virus.  If only it hadn’t been politicized.  It’s pretty simple really.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Falling DownFalling Down Posts: 730
    I do wonder what it's going to be like at the show in Québec City. My wife and I got looks from non-maskers at the grocery store the last few times we went lol. 
    When was that? We’ve been wearing masks here non-stop for two years up until 10 days ago. If that was pre-COVID, then yes, I’m sure you got some looks! 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    elcazador83elcazador83 Posts: 90
    Airport in Atlanta, night in Vegas, GA in Fresno, two different flights to ATL. Dave Matthews two days later in Huntsville. All without mask and Rona free. Live your life. Do whatever makes you comfortable.
  • Options
    When was that? We’ve been wearing masks here non-stop for two years up until 10 days ago. If that was pre-COVID, then yes, I’m sure you got some looks! 

lol within the last couple of weeks

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    Get_Right said:
    Well, on the other side of the coin I was in GA for three off the shows as well as my wife and two sons, no masks, and none got covid. I can care less if you were a mask or not by the way. Whatever make you comfortable.

When the CDC recommended wearing a mask, I did. When they dropped it, so did I. You cant have it both ways. If you believe the science to wear a mask, well then you have to believe the science that supports no longer having to wear a mask. This is the hypocritical part of it all.
    Again, if you want to, power to you, if you don't, power to you.  If you dont want to chance it, stay home, simple.
  • Options
    L5-S1L5-S1 Seattle Posts: 15
    OMG..Never go by what the Government says ! , Do what you want, Fuck People who want to think for you.....Always protect Yourself !
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Lolol, I'm going to have to remember that come back if anyone busts my chops for wearing a mask again 😂😂
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    Airport in Atlanta, night in Vegas, GA in Fresno, two different flights to ATL. Dave Matthews two days later in Huntsville. All without mask and Rona free. Live your life. Do whatever makes you comfortable.
    Or….asymptomatic and got others sick. Sharing is caring right?
  • Options
    one of my favourite "films". :wink:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 926
    Well, then the others should had stayed home. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,007
    DEGBTI said:
    Just a random comment, my friend just got back from 3 weeks in Europe. Traveled to a few countries including some on the soon to be tour. Take it for what its worth but when I questioned her about masks and covid in general she shrugged her shoulders and said she never even thought about it. Everything was normal in all the places she visited with no covid protocol any ware. She said she was never asked to wear a mask at anytime. Just passing it on. What was odd is when I asked her about the war in Ukrane, she also said it wasn't talked about in public any ware she went. Almost like the trip was pre-covid/war. Makes you wonder if the media in Europe isn't shoving panic down everyone's throat on a daily basis like they do here.
    Oh we panic. But only in the minority.  Most are living  pre covid and monkey pox.  No care  annoys me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,007
    I wear a mask and i am the only one of maybe 20 in a shop.  I get looks the other way. Like what are you still doing that for.

Sad.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -