Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    JimmyV said:
    Dimi is the hall-of-fame legend who retired but the franchise is still hoping he'll come back. Dimi isn't walking through that door, folks. 
    I don’t fully understand the retirement? Just because the one site quoted him it annoyed him that much? It’s not like the forums are super private - he put info out to the public, in a public place, not sure why the abrupt stop
    My guess is that it had more to do with people constantly wanting more and some who were assholes about it, but he would have to speak to that. And I don't know that he's "retired", just that he stopped. Which is his choice and totally OK by me. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I think he will come by when the time is right.  We may still have a couple months to go, if a tour announcement comes at all.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,291
    My theory is the new management shut him down.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    My theory is the new management shut him down.  

I doubt that. He was legit pissed at an unnamed douchenozzle for ripping off his info and using it on that shitty excuse for a website.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    what’s the problem with just waiting for the announcement to happen when it does! 
    There is no problem in that. But there's also no problem in talking about what we hear, or want 🙃

A lot of people like to travel to where the band is. They'll use their vacation time for touring.

BUT...I can see why the band delays the announcements. If they announced the first half of 2024 next month, it'd be a lot harder for nearby fans to get tickets, especially since the band doesn't tour as much.

So...what the band does is delay the announcements as long as possible, thus making it a bit easier (maybe) for local fans to obtain tickets. If it's July 1st and a tour for August 18th through September 30th hasn't been announced, it's a lot harder for fans in Europe to make travel plans to Nebraska, Louisiana and Cleveland.

(And no...I don't know anything. I'm just using those dates and cities as pure hypothetical examples.)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    JimmyV said:
    Dimi is the hall-of-fame legend who retired but the franchise is still hoping he'll come back. Dimi isn't walking through that door, folks. 
    I don’t fully understand the retirement? Just because the one site quoted him it annoyed him that much? It’s not like the forums are super private - he put info out to the public, in a public place, not sure why the abrupt stop

If there's anyone you don't want to piss off, it's a Greek.

I have a story, which I shall not post here...it made me very glad that the Greek anger wasn't directed anywhere near me.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,466
    edited March 2023
    Go Animal said:
    what’s the problem with just waiting for the announcement to happen when it does! 
    There is no problem in that. But there's also no problem in talking about what we hear, or want 🙃

A lot of people like to travel to where the band is. They'll use their vacation time for touring.

BUT...I can see why the band delays the announcements. If they announced the first half of 2024 next month, it'd be a lot harder for nearby fans to get tickets, especially since the band doesn't tour as much.

So...what the band does is delay the announcements as long as possible, thus making it a bit easier (maybe) for local fans to obtain tickets. If it's July 1st and a tour for August 18th through September 30th hasn't been announced, it's a lot harder for fans in Europe to make travel plans to Nebraska, Louisiana and Cleveland.

(And no...I don't know anything. I'm just using those dates and cities as pure hypothetical examples.)

I feel like its the exact opposite as to why they don't give advanced notice on tour dates.  They want to encourage people to travel and sell out dates.  For example... they announce a west coast leg next month for the early fall.  But no mention of any other dates so people from all over panic that this will be the only dates this year and they sell out the dates between locals and travelers.  Then they announce an east coast leg a few months from now for the late fall.  So all those east coasters who already helped sell out the west coast will now jump in and grab tickets to local shows too.  If they announce both legs at once you have a lot of people who say I don't need to book a flight to LA to see Pearl Jam, I can just jump in the car for an hour and see them in Philly.  I'm doubtful they are considering the local fans getting tickets easier as any part of their decision.  It's all about what method will help them sell out fastest.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    on2legs said:
    Go Animal said:

I feel like its the exact opposite as to why they don't give advanced notice on tour dates.  They want to encourage people to travel and sell out dates.  For example... they announce a west coast leg next month for the early fall.  But no mention of any other dates so people from all over panic that this will be the only dates this year and they sell out the dates between locals and travelers.  Then they announce an east coast leg a few months from now for the late fall.  So all those east coasters who already helped sell out the west coast will now jump in and grab tickets to local shows too.  If they announce both legs at once you have a lot of people who say I don't need to book a flight to LA to see Pearl Jam, I can just jump in the car for an hour and see them in Philly.  I'm doubtful they are considering the local fans getting tickets easier as any part of their decision.  It's all about what method will help them sell out fastest.
    Exactly, it's a business. And I'm guessing the promoter decides when things are announced, not the band or the band's management. There have been plenty of times when fans have run into band members and they don't even know what has been announced and what hasn't, which sometimes leads to a leak/rumor.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,989
    on2legs said:
    Go Animal said:

Exactly, it's a business. And I'm guessing the promoter decides when things are announced, not the band or the band's management. There have been plenty of times when fans have run into band members and they don't even know what has been announced and what hasn't, which sometimes leads to a leak/rumor.

Exactly....has nothing to do with fan vacation plans. They will announce if they decide to tour and the dates are set. End of story.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,680
    on2legs said:
    Go Animal said:

Except this technique would only reduce sales for the east coast shows. The fan that would go to a bunch of east coast shows blew their load going out west
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,599
    There are very few places where it’s difficult to get PJ tickets these days. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    I posted a couple weeks ago about a friend who works at a concert venue in Boston. He heard PJ at Mansfield in the “fall”. That post got absolutely no traction, but technically it is a rumor to whoever said there’s no rumors in here.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,154
    on2legs said:
    Go Animal said:

Promoters work for other bands who mostly announce three to six months before a show, which is more notice than PJ typically provides. And PJ sells many more tickets than the typical artist. If they were about selling the most tickets for the most money, they’d play the largest markets over and over, which they do not do, as they love playing small towns.

And wanting fans to burn jet fuel flying back and forth the planet to sell out shows? Can’t think of a dirtier carbon negative way to do business. I don’t believe they’d want to do that if possible to avoid. A business is about customer service, and they have a very successful one. It’s unlikely they need gimmicks to sell tickets. Probably someone in the band doesn’t like to tour or has a minor health consideration, so they’re making sure all is good before committing to hit the road.
  • Options
    I posted a couple weeks ago about a friend who works at a concert venue in Boston. He heard PJ at Mansfield in the “fall”. That post got absolutely no traction, but technically it is a rumor to whoever said there’s no rumors in here.
    Might be time to circle back and check in with that friend, my friend. 

• Options
    Mansfield has its flaws, but they played some legendary shows there and haven't been back in 15 years. Maybe it's time...

• Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited March 2023
    Few folks have mentioned it I believe but could all be tied to your’s if was original mention.

Really really hope that it’s a mix of arenas and sheds if there is a tour.  The United center being mentioned is promising as Northerly’s lawn tickets would be good for no one.  

I’m shocked they even sell lawn at Northerly to be honest.
    Post edited by Doug87 on
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,634
    Never been, but this thread makes me never want to see a show at Northerly Island lol... so much hate
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Never been, but this thread makes me never want to see a show at Northerly Island lol... so much hate
    The comparison of the lawn to a giant parking lot was horrifying!

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Go Animal said:

Except this technique would only reduce sales for the east coast shows. The fan that would go to a bunch of east coast shows blew their load going out west

Sales for the east coast are always going to have strong demand.  Lots of locals and plus you'll have travelers show up from Europe and other parts of the US where they haven't announced a tour.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 858
    Im feeling we will get a suprise album release before any tour.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,038
    I had it on my radar (from you, I believe!). And I'd be all for it (plus Hartford). But I haven't heard anything else about it. 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Is it possible to not get one's hopes up but also to plan for two shows in Mansfield and a third in Hartford? Let's find out. 

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    JimmyV said:
    Mansfield has its flaws, but they played some legendary shows there and haven't been back in 15 years. Maybe it's time...
    9/16/98 was a doozy.  Let's have another one this September
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,038
    JimmyV said:
    Is it possible to not get one's hopes up but also to plan for two shows in Mansfield and a third in Hartford? Let's find out. 
    Count me in for all 3, IF it comes to pass!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,326
    mikesbri said:
    Im feeling we will get a suprise album release before any tour.
    Now we're talking!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    edited March 2023
    You seem wise..smells like a low 10 club #.  I would be down for a Rumors thread and a Speculation thread, but it's not possible. You could chatter away all day on that Speculation thread and it would still bleed into the Rumors thread.  I blame myself for giving it the star treatment and getting an email every time someone comes on the rumor thread and gives their wishlist. Its my fault.
    Post edited by Noload on
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    I can see them playing Boston, Hartford, and Newark if NYC doesn’t happen. That run in 2010 was fucking insane, definitely my favorite tour.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 330
    JimmyV said:

If there's anyone you don't want to piss off, it's a Greek.

I have a story, which I shall not post here...it made me very glad that the Greek anger wasn't directed anywhere near me.
    Every time i suggest Greek to my wife she gets really mad at me. Not really the same, i know
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 827
    edited April 2023
    ComeToTX said:
    There are very few places where it’s difficult to get PJ tickets these days. 
    If you want shitty seats maybe. Our band is still a huge draw in most cities. 
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    Well… we all want fantastic seats. But if it’s the difference between sitting at home or being in the building, I’ll take whatever is available.