The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    shep said:
    shep said:
    If they’re playing Chicago right before Noblesville, assuming they do two shows in Chicago, would we really expect two for Noblesville? Then If they only did one Chicago show, another reason to only expect one in Noblesville 

This is what baffles me.  They do one night each in Toronto (~7 million region), New York (almost 9 million city proper), Philly (~7 million region).... but they're going to do 2 nights at noblesville (71,000 people)?

I mean I know their touring schedule typically makes no sense, but did y'all really expect 2 nights at noblesville to be in the realm of possibility?

I guess it's more likely than Houston... lol.. 
    Noblesville is Indianapolis....more like 700000 people
    sure... whatever.. still an order of magnitude shy of those other places. lol.
    I think it’s more that it’s within a few hours drive of many times that population.  Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Ontario, etc.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    We can't compare PJ to Phish or DMB when it comes to touring. I wish we could, but we can't. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,644
    shep said:
    shep said:
    If they’re playing Chicago right before Noblesville, assuming they do two shows in Chicago, would we really expect two for Noblesville? Then If they only did one Chicago show, another reason to only expect one in Noblesville 

This is what baffles me.  They do one night each in Toronto (~7 million region), New York (almost 9 million city proper), Philly (~7 million region).... but they're going to do 2 nights at noblesville (71,000 people)?

I mean I know their touring schedule typically makes no sense, but did y'all really expect 2 nights at noblesville to be in the realm of possibility?

I think it’s more that it’s within a few hours drive of many times that population.  Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Ontario, etc.  
    With that logic, all future tours should contain at least two shows within the Houston - Dallas - Austin - San Antonio triangle.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep said:
    shep said:
    shep said:

With that logic, all future tours should contain at least two shows within the Houston - Dallas - Austin - San Antonio triangle.
    For sure.  They seem to have something against TX.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    Billy Corgan ruins everything. 

• Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Not on Life is Beautiful festival.
  • Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    shep said:

Deer Creek is one of the biggest amphitheaters in the country so (2) shows here on a weekend isn't that far-fetched. If they're going to do sheds, then it doesn't get much bigger. Add in the proximity to other major population centers and you're selling 50K in tickets for a 2 night run.

My contact was taken back by the Pumpkins announcement because as of the beginning of March it was held.
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    It sure was nice in November 2021 when they provided an announcement that at least gave some news. 

https://pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam-postponed-2020-north-american-tour-update

Perhaps they could come out and saying something along this line, or if nothing is planned, share that as well. Maybe that's crazy to suggest.

words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 698
    Pottsy199 said:
    shep said:

Deer Creek is one of the biggest amphitheaters in the country so (2) shows here on a weekend isn't that far-fetched. If they're going to do sheds, then it doesn't get much bigger. Add in the proximity to other major population centers and you're selling 50K in tickets for a 2 night run.

My contact was taken back by the Pumpkins announcement because as of the beginning of March it was held.
    bummer.  is the 2nd night still held?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    This community is like the movie A few good men lol the classic scene when Nicholson just burst out “ You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth” 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,159
    Was really hopeful the lead on Noblesville was something.  Silly venue saying the SP are a major announcement when its really just another announcement.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Was really hopeful the lead on Noblesville was something.  Silly venue saying the SP are a major announcement when its really just another announcement.
    It's still true that they had a "pending" on the 9th and 10th....maybe they just don't need the 9th now

let's hope
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,012
    RiotAct10 said:
    It sure was nice in November 2021 when they provided an announcement that at least gave some news. 

Perhaps they could come out and saying something along this line, or if nothing is planned, share that as well. Maybe that's crazy to suggest.

Unfortunately the only reason this happened was because people had been holding tickets to postponed shows and they were about to announce EV Earthlings shows.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Ryan said:
    RiotAct10 said:

Unfortunately the only reason this happened was because people had been holding tickets to postponed shows and they were about to announce EV Earthlings shows.
    This is exactly right. They had played Ohana and SHN outdoors, but Ed's indoor tour was about to be announced. The not-yet-rescheduled 2020 shows were the elephant in the room. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Dirty Frank ZDirty Frank Z Posts: 2,850
    shep said:

What's the population of East Troy, WI?
    6-16-03 St Paul
    6-26-06 St Paul
    6-27-06 St Paul
    7-2-011 EV MPLS
    9-3-011 Alpine
    9-4-011 Alpine
    9-22-012 Atlanta
    7-19-013 Wrigley
    10-9-014 Lincoln
    10-14-014 Memphis
    10-17-014 Moline
    10-19-014 St Paul
    10-22-014 Denver
    9-26-015 New York City
    8-20-016 Wrigley
    8-22-016 Wrigley
    8-13-018 Missoula
    8-18-018 Wrigley
    8-20-018 Wrigley 
    9-18-022 St. Louis
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    shep said:

What's the population of East Troy, WI?

It's also one of the biggest outdoor venues in the country and within easy driving of one of the largest airports in the country.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited March 2023
    Pottsy199 said:
    shep said:

Could be that the plan was never to play both nights but to hold both til they find out the routing.

Possible that Pumpkins and Interpol inquired about 9th and PJ released and kept the 10th.

Also possible that they completely released them and decided to do nothing.

Not uncommon for multiple holds on a venue that requires a question to the holder if another serious booking requests the date.

Of note, Noblesville is the last date of the Interpol and Pumpkins tour so there was some level of flexibility for booking as didn’t have another date to have to get to.
    Post edited by Doug87 on
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,105
    Well looks like it’s getting very close to April with no news. My prediction- they announce a tour on April Fool’s Day and we all don’t know whether to believe it’s real. 
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588
    raindog80 said:
    I know this was asked about the rumored European dates, but this quote makes me think there are no concerts planned anywhere:

“At pearljamonline.it we reached out to a representative of the band who promptly denied these rumors. Pearl Jam are currently working on their new album and do not have any concert scheduled at the moment.”
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    I had a reservation for both the 9th and 10th, I just reserved a room for the 10th only and am going to cancel the one for the 9th and 10th. Trying to be optimistic.  
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Must be funny to these hotels

- Smashing Pumpkins announce show
    - Hit with a wave of room cancellations 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Where's that @LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan guy? What's he know?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    pjl44 said:

LOL! 

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    pjl44 said:

True!
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 480
    edited March 2023
    yosi said:
    raindog80 said:
    I know this was asked about the rumored European dates, but this quote makes me think there are no concerts planned anywhere:

“At pearljamonline.it we reached out to a representative of the band who promptly denied these rumors. Pearl Jam are currently working on their new album and do not have any concert scheduled at the moment.”
    As if any representative would answer a request like this with „Oh yeah, we have a full world tour planned with dates being finalized. Wanna know the current itinerary with tentative dates?“

Of course they deny any touring plans till the day of the announcement.
    Post edited by JackD. on
  • Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    Doug87 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    shep said:

Could be that the plan was never to play both nights but to hold both til they find out the routing.

Possible that Pumpkins and Interpol inquired about 9th and PJ released and kept the 10th.

Also possible that they completely released them and decided to do nothing.

Not uncommon for multiple holds on a venue that requires a question to the holder if another serious booking requests the date.

Of note, Noblesville is the last date of the Interpol and Pumpkins tour so there was some level of flexibility for booking as didn’t have another date to have to get to.
    A+
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 429
    Booked a hotel near venue in Noblesville for the 10th....just incase 🤞
  • yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,588
    edited March 2023
    JackD. said:
    yosi said:
    raindog80 said:

As if any representative would answer a request like this with „Oh yeah, we have a full world tour planned with dates being finalized. Wanna know the current itinerary with tentative dates?“

Of course they deny any touring plans till the day of the announcement.
    I’m not sure. They could just as easily have said “we can’t announce anything at this time.” Much more wiggle room than “we don’t have anything scheduled”. They also didn’t need to confirm that they’re in the studio. All of this just gives me the impression that there is nothing going on this year. 

My .02, even though I wish/hope I’m wrong. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    edited March 2023
    "scheduled at the moment"   =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I'm confused at the possibility that the pumpkins will have played the Indy area twice in the last few years yet we haven't seen PJ since 2010.

Confused I tell you
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville