Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    trees said:
    In 2023, I can barely imagine crossing the US for 10 days and catching a run of PJ shows....

;)
    It would be fun though 
    In 2000, wife and I did 8 shows in 12 days.  It was glorious!
    Those really were great times. Ticket prices and volume. Keep it to New England/New York and wind up seeing like 8 shows. 

And you actually had over a 20% chance at tickets to those shows because they announced so damn many shows at once and people weren't coming from three continents.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    trees said:
    In 2023, I can barely imagine crossing the US for 10 days and catching a run of PJ shows....

;)
    It would be fun though 
    Those really were great times. Ticket prices and volume. Keep it to New England/New York and wind up seeing like 8 shows. 

And you actually had over a 20% chance at tickets to those shows because they announced so damn many shows at once and people weren't coming from three continents.
    There were definitely fewer fans traveling, but the big difference is that back then the 10c guaranteed you a pair of tickets to ONE SHOW PER TOUR. 2003 was the first tour that we could put in for an unlimited number of shows. As a consequence, the quality of 10c seats was much, much better in 2000. 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,496
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    trees said:

;)
    It would be fun though 

There were definitely fewer fans traveling, but the big difference is that back then the 10c guaranteed you a pair of tickets to ONE SHOW PER TOUR. 2003 was the first tour that we could put in for an unlimited number of shows. As a consequence, the quality of 10c seats was much, much better in 2000. 
    So… I actually found that my seats improved after 2000.  My first 10 club seats were in 98.  Maybe people dropped out and I moved way up after the 2000 tour.  But whatever the reason, my seats from 2003 through 2010 were pretty amazing.  They’re still pretty good but they’ve gotten way tougher to get and they’ve moved back a little bit. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,507
    2003 they came up with the block system. That was an awful experience.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,359
    Uhmm I thought that was a good process! I scored tickets to both MSG shows, Uniondale, Penn state! The trick was to get to the ticket window early, MSG was different the 10C tickets were given out the day before the shows! Me and my brother in law took the train into Manhattan went across the street from MSG got tickets and they had a seating chart so off course we looked at our seats, I had front row for both nights! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,239
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    trees said:

;)
    It would be fun though 

Unless your town ran out of index cards and money orders you were set
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,239
    The block system year I was behind Peter Gammons in the 10C line so it wasn't a total disaster
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,973
    The block system was awful.  (FYI, it started in 2000 ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,974
    edited February 2023
    Some one must of been talking to some crew members and got some info on a tour this year. If so lets hear it! 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,526
    I don't know about you, but when I click on the ACL festival website and I see the icon figure on the bottom left corner, it kinda reminds me of the PJ stick figure.  Hmmmmmm.

https://www.aclfestival.com/
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    on2legs said:
    trees said:

;)
    It would be fun though 

Did they actually use that g-word (guarantee?) or was that just the assumption due to fewer fans, more shows and a limit of one show per member?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    edited February 2023
    Uhmm I thought that was a good process! I scored tickets to both MSG shows, Uniondale, Penn state! The trick was to get to the ticket window early, MSG was different the 10C tickets were given out the day before the shows! Me and my brother in law took the train into Manhattan went across the street from MSG got tickets and they had a seating chart so off course we looked at our seats, I had front row for both nights! 

The block didn't help anyone actually score. Getting to the window earlier just meant moving up in the pre-assigned block.

I've seen a system that they could try:
    Starting with the lowest number, everyone is assigned a window...every few hours, a few more thousand people are welcome to buy.

Example:
    1-50,000 go Monday at 9am.
    50001-100,000 go Monday at 11pm.
    100,001-150,000 go Monday at 1pm.
    150,001-200,000 go Monday at 3pm.
    And so forth. Time zones could even be "local venue time."

Two tickets per member per show. As many shows as someone wants.

Use fan2fan to re-sell for face value only.

People can select their actual seats (or pit).

New Feature:
    You can sit beside your friends with higher numbers, BUT the highest member number must be eligible before the entire group buys. Example: Members 68,721 and 121,912 must wait for 200,909 to be eligible before the group can buy...BUT 3-6 friends would be seated together. If someone wanted to sit on Mike's side or Stone's or behind the stage, it'd be possible. Obviously, one area might be closer or further back, depending on demand. Maybe you're taking a kid and want an aisle seat or you know the venue and want a seat near the bar...it'd all be possible.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,932
    My buddy and I did 10 shows in 14 days on the 2000 tour (Cincy to Camden). It was the best two weeks of my life. Used fanclub tix for Cincy and Saratoga. Sort of random. And got the rest pretty cheap.  The good ol days.  
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,359

The block didn't help anyone actually score. Getting to the window earlier just meant moving up in the pre-assigned block.

I've seen a system that they could try:
    Starting with the lowest number, everyone is assigned a window...every few hours, a few more thousand people are welcome to buy.

Example:
    1-50,000 go Monday at 9am.
    50001-100,000 go Monday at 11pm.
    100,001-150,000 go Monday at 1pm.
    150,001-200,000 go Monday at 3pm.
    And so forth. Time zones could even be "local venue time."

Two tickets per member per show. As many shows as someone wants.

Use fan2fan to re-sell for face value only.

People can select their actual seats (or pit).

New Feature:
    You can sit beside your friends with higher numbers, BUT the highest member number must be eligible before the entire group buys. Example: Members 68,721 and 121,912 must wait for 200,909 to be eligible before the group can buy...BUT 3-6 friends would be seated together. If someone wanted to sit on Mike's side or Stone's or behind the stage, it'd be possible. Obviously, one area might be closer or further back, depending on demand. Maybe you're taking a kid and want an aisle seat or you know the venue and want a seat near the bar...it'd all be possible.
    Yes your correct I meant the way tickets were given out! It’s always been a crap shoot trying to score tickets! I didn’t mind it 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Rumors?
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,642
    Noload said:
    Rumors?
    Only for Foo Fighters fans.  They just announced shows in Guilford, NH, Rogers Arkansas and Pelham, Alabama

Has PJ ever played NH, AR or AL?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,309
    edited February 2023
    Noload said:
    Rumors?
    My rumor is that if nothing is announced by mid-March you can rule out summer gigs and we are on to fall. 
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 891
    Noload said:
    Rumors?
    Only for Foo Fighters fans.  They just announced shows in Guilford, NH, Rogers Arkansas and Pelham, Alabama

AR and AL in 2003!
  • Options
    Noload said:
    Rumors?
    My rumor is that if nothing is announced by mid-March you can rule out summer gigs and we are on to fall. 
    When would you expect an announcement for a tour that overlaps both seasons?
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Noload said:
    Rumors?
    This band prides itself on giving as little notice as possible so if no ball parks, I would guess June/July for late summer/fall dates unless a festival appearance forces an earlier announcement.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Would love to know if these rumored Chicago shows comes to fruition 
  • Options
    setlist41 said:
    Would you like to hear about Boston in September too or just Chicago? 
  • Options
    Noload said:
    Rumors?
    Hmmm...seems you may know a little info 😉
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,977
    edited February 2023
    setlist41 said:
    Can't speak for anyone else but I'd like to hear about it all. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    setlist41 said:
    100% agree 👍 
  • Options
    If stuff is happening in September,  you would think we would hear something by April/May 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    setlist41 said:

I think you can speak for all of us here! 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,496
    My buddy and I did 10 shows in 14 days on the 2000 tour (Cincy to Camden). It was the best two weeks of my life. Used fanclub tix for Cincy and Saratoga. Sort of random. And got the rest pretty cheap.  The good ol days.  
    That’s pretty much the run we did but I had to miss one of the Boston shows and the Saratoga show for work. 😭

My wife and I each had fan club tickets for one show.  The rest we grabbed through Ticketmaster.  My brother-in-law at the time worked for Nobody Beats the Wiz and they had a ticket counter in the store.  He hooked us up with the Jones Beach shows.  Good old days.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,867
    RK50065 said:
    Noload said:
    Rumors?

AR and AL in 2003!
    AL x2. Both times in Birmingham. Indoors in '98 and outdoors (at the same facility where the Foos just announced) in '03
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,974
    I would love to hit that New Hampshire FF show.