Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,884
    Expecting every festival announcement to be Foo Fighters until further notice. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 539
    im hoping with that SHN announcement the Ohana lineup comes a bit sooner this year
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151
    JimmyV said:
    Ha! The Foos DO live at Festivals. Despite the overwhelming number of other shows that they sell out, I think festivals are a better fit for their brand. 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,070
    JimmyV said:
    Agree. Same in Europe now they’ve agreed to play Rock Am Ring. Think they will all of a sudden be playing everywhere 
  • Options
    Tuned in for PJ rumors, got a steady dose of everything but.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    edited February 2023

Smashing Pumpkins / Jane’s Addiction April Australia dates were just released.  Klinghoffer will be unavailable the last 3 weeks of April.

The spring tour is 99% dead
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,613

Smashing Pumpkins / Jane’s Addiction April Australia dates were just released.  Klinghoffer will be unavailable the last 3 weeks of April.

I'll start by saying, I really like Josh K., but do we really think they wouldn’t tour because he isn’t available? 

That being said, I do agree that chances of a Spring tour seem extremely unlikely. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    yosi said:

I'll start by saying, I really like Josh K., but do we really think they wouldn’t tour because he isn’t available? 

That being said, I do agree that chances of a Spring tour seem extremely unlikely. 
    Yes.  He played a huge role in the making of the last album, and Ed stated many times that he fills in the gaps during live shows.  I think Josh is as permanent as Boom and many of the new songs rely on his contributions.  

My guess is there were plans for the spring which got canceled for whatever reason, and Josh was given the green light to hit the road with Janes
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Spring is dead and ballparks are dying. If either ever was even alive. 

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,996
    yosi said:

The question isn’t necessarily “would Pearl Jam tour if Josh wasn’t available?”; it’s more like “would Josh agree to do a Jane’s Addiction tour if Pearl Jam was planning an overlapping one?”  
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    yosi said:

The question isn’t necessarily “would Pearl Jam tour if Josh wasn’t available?”; it’s more like “would Josh agree to do a Jane’s Addiction tour if Pearl Jam was planning an overlapping one?”  
    ^^^
  • Options
    Yep

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    Still a chance at a two or three week run in May to happen but it is odd there are no rumours at all out there surrounding the spring run aside from that interview. 

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    The lack of rumors could be do to sources drying up and people not wanting to share anymore due to past events.  Not to discredit him because I love his work in pretty much any project I’ve heard, but Josh doesn’t make or break a Pearl Jam tour.  I’m sure he’s a factor, but at the end of the day his absence wouldn’t stop a whole tour anymore than a longtime tech like George Webb not being available.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    The lack of rumors could be do to sources drying up and people not wanting to share anymore due to past events.  Not to discredit him because I love his work in pretty much any project I’ve heard, but Josh doesn’t make or break a Pearl Jam tour.  I’m sure he’s a factor, but at the end of the day his absence wouldn’t stop a whole tour anymore than a longtime tech like George Webb not being available.
    He is needed for a number of the Gigaton songs, and he’s a utility man if someone goes down with Covid.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    that would also mean he's not available to record, for quite some time based on his schedule, correct?
  • Options
    yosi said:

Yes.  He played a huge role in the making of the last album, and Ed stated many times that he fills in the gaps during live shows.  I think Josh is as permanent as Boom and many of the new songs rely on his contributions.  

My guess is there were plans for the spring which got canceled for whatever reason, and Josh was given the green light to hit the road with Janes
    I get that he’s super versatile, and may be a permanent addition - which I think would be great! - I just think if they were gonna tour and Josh couldn’t, it wouldn’t stop a tour. 

tdawe said:
    yosi said:

This makes more sense to me. He schedules around them, not them around him. 

• Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,608
    I am sure if people read through my posts on this thread they would think I am too optimistic, but I really don't think what Josh is up to has anything to do with PJ at this point. I think they would love to have him, but I don't think they will hold themselves back because of him, and I also think it is great he is not holding himself back, if a better opportunity appears. PJ played for 30 years without Josh, I think they would wish him well to play with Janes, let him know he is welcome back at any point, and move forward. Honestly, I think it is more telling that there haven't been more Eddie, Painted Shield, 3rd Secret, etc shows announced. I think if PJ wasn't planning on doing something, we would see (and perhaps we will) something more active happening with someone's side stuff.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    tdawe said:
    yosi said:

very true.
  • Options

I agree with the suggestion that Josh is doing this other stuff because PJ's schedule is already realized and they don't have plans / won't be needing him. 

I'm not holding out hope anymore for the spring. 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 821
    It's a shame there's another wasted touring year in the works.  You would think the drive to perform would be higher after the COVID delay and cancelled shows.  
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,714
    vedpunk said:
    It's a shame there's another wasted touring year in the works.  You would think the drive to perform would be higher after the COVID delay and cancelled shows.  
    Every day another artist announces a tour. It sucks. Especially knowing there aren’t too many years left. The shows were great last year but let’s face it, there’s a reason for the tempo changes, key changes and setlist changes. They aren’t getting any younger. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,916
    If there's no teaser in the Feb. newsletter, then I'm giving up hope on a spring leg.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    vedpunk said:
    Every day another artist announces a tour. It sucks. Especially knowing there aren’t too many years left. The shows were great last year but let’s face it, there’s a reason for the tempo changes, key changes and setlist changes. They aren’t getting any younger. 
    Indeed. 

• Options
    DE4173DE4173 Posts: 321
    Anticipation of PJ spring tour news:

Bands announcing tour dates:

Not PJ tour dates:

Resignation for PJ Summer/Fall/Winter tour news:

1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    vedpunk said:
    For all the reasons you stated and more, it really does feel like we're in a new era with this band that very few of us are going to like. 
  • Options
    Shows by Year since 2009
    A Tale of Two Bands

2009- 34
    2010- 28
    2011 - 23
    2012- 18
    2013 - 32
    2014 - 32
    2015 - 11
    2016 - 25

2017 - 0
    2018 - 26
    2019 - 0
    2020 - 0 (Covid)
    2021 - 4
    2022 - 33
    2023 - 0 scheduled
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    Did some of you just start following Pearl Jam?  People have been a complaining about a lack of shows since like 2007.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    DE4173 said:
    Anticipation of PJ spring tour news:

Bands announcing tour dates:

Not PJ tour dates:

Resignation for PJ Summer/Fall/Winter tour news:

Nice!

Us in out living rooms playing boots and pretending we’re at a show:

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,188
    tdawe said:
    yosi said:

Josh isn't going to tie his career to PJ.  He is a young man.  PJ are old men. I think he will try to be as out there as much as possible to land a gig in a band.  He is way too talented to not be an actual member of a band and not just a touring guy.  I could be wrong, I don't know the guy.