Comments

• Options
    arwooten7arwooten7 Posts: 76
    I’m 7ft. Am I an asshole to try for GA tickets lmao 👀🤔
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    hihobibo said:
    smile6680 said:
    Why can't the Ten Club announce a tour is happening this summer/Fall and the cities they have nailed down. I understand not being able to release dates at this point. 

Most of us have Children and careers that need some planning in order to attend. 
    Since when does ANY BAND care about fans making plans to travel? Honestly that's not their problem or concern
    For special events, you got 311 with their cruise, Hootie and DMB with their cancun destination trips.
    But for regular shows, if a band is playing throughout the US (as in almost every city with a pro sports team), then they are doing the traveling. But if a band is only doing a handful of dates, or only one show in one metro area of a big state... They have to know that hardcore fans will be traveling. 

Pearl Jam Fan Chicago River Boat Cruise!
    As long as it's not a DMB River Boat Cruise  =)  
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    Remember that Mexico rumor? Is it possible after texas?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    BR223133 said:
    hihobibo said:
    smile6680 said:
    Why can't the Ten Club announce a tour is happening this summer/Fall and the cities they have nailed down. I understand not being able to release dates at this point. 

Most of us have Children and careers that need some planning in order to attend. 
    Since when does ANY BAND care about fans making plans to travel? Honestly that's not their problem or concern
    For special events, you got 311 with their cruise, Hootie and DMB with their cancun destination trips.
    But for regular shows, if a band is playing throughout the US (as in almost every city with a pro sports team), then they are doing the traveling. But if a band is only doing a handful of dates, or only one show in one metro area of a big state... They have to know that hardcore fans will be traveling. 

Pearl Jam Fan Chicago River Boat Cruise!
    Does the VIP experience include the dumping of DMB's tour bus shitter tank?
    That's the first thing I thought of when I saw DMB and Chicago River Cruise on the same post. lol
  • Options
    arwooten7 said:
    You can't help it. You've gotta live your life.And this is coming from someone who's been impacted by people like you my whole life. I'm only 5' 7". 

I do remember this one time, it was my very first trip to the Hollywood Bowl years ago, I had lucked out and scored 3rd row, dead-center seats. This was before they started having a GA/Pit in the Pool Circle. The stage was super low, and the seats went right up to the stage (there was no barrier). I show up thinking I'm sitting pretty. It was awesome. Then, just as the band took the stage, the person sitting directly in front of me shows up. He's 7ft. I literally can't see shit. So, I offer him $100 to switch seats with me, figuring it wasn't going to have any impact on his view. He just turns around and tells me to fuck off. Which, is his right to do. He earned those seats. He can't help it if he's that tall. He's under no obligation to accommodate me. But I still thought he was an asshole for telling me to fuck off. lol

Not sure why I felt the need to tell that story. But it's not like we have much else to talk about here until we get more info.
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 240
    dmbolp said:
    pjl44 said:
    smile6680 said:

I think when we get it is when it's nailed down. The downside to a heads up is having to unwind travel plans if there winds up being changes.
    travel plans are already being made on speculation.. 
    Flights, rental car and hotel booked for Austin, and already planning to be in line early at Franklin BBQ on the 19th! :)  
    this! gonna be first time in Austin... any hotel recs?
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,528
    myoung321 said:
    My guess is nothing will be announced until the Ohana tickets are sold out....lol

Why would they tease a band tour right before the Ohana announcement? Wouldn't this put a damper on Ohana ticket sales, especially for those dedicated (obsessed) enough to spend a bunch of money to travel to it? If there are shows in the midwest, then why would anyone from the east coast travel to Ohana when they could see the whole band with a shorter plane ride? It doesn't make any sense that they would short circuit Ohana ticket sales and then wait until it sells out to announce the tour.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,409
    arwooten7 said:
    I'm 6'2, but I like to be in GA.   GA are the best seats in the house.  If you try for seated it's random, could end up behind the pit which isn't great (even at 6'2, once I get past about 20 rows on the floor it becomes hard to see).

I dunno I feel like I have as much right to be up front as shorter people.   Then again if someone 7ft tall was standing in front of me, I'll probably try and shift around so I could see again :)
  • Options
    myoung321 said:
    My guess is nothing will be announced until the Ohana tickets are sold out....lol

Why would they tease a band tour right before the Ohana announcement? Wouldn't this put a damper on Ohana ticket sales, especially for those dedicated (obsessed) enough to spend a bunch of money to travel to it? If there are shows in the midwest, then why would anyone from the east coast travel to Ohana when they could see the whole band with a shorter plane ride? It doesn't make any sense that they would short circuit Ohana ticket sales and then wait until it sells out to announce the tour.
    An EV show is not a Pearl Jam show. I'm not going to drive 2hrs to Ohana for just Eddie, but I will absolutely fly to Dallas and get a hotel room to see the full band. It's why they cancelled Ohana Encore last year. EV doesn't have nearly the same draw as the full band. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 263
    arwooten7 said:
    You can't help it. You've gotta live your life.And this is coming from someone who's been impacted by people like you my whole life. I'm only 5' 7". 

I do remember this one time, it was my very first trip to the Hollywood Bowl years ago, I had lucked out and scored 3rd row, dead-center seats. This was before they started having a GA/Pit in the Pool Circle. The stage was super low, and the seats went right up to the stage (there was no barrier). I show up thinking I'm sitting pretty. It was awesome. Then, just as the band took the stage, the person sitting directly in front of me shows up. He's 7ft. I literally can't see shit. So, I offer him $100 to switch seats with me, figuring it wasn't going to have any impact on his view. He just turns around and tells me to fuck off. Which, is his right to do. He earned those seats. He can't help it if he's that tall. He's under no obligation to accommodate me. But I still thought he was an asshole for telling me to fuck off. lol

Not sure why I felt the need to tell that story. But it's not like we have much else to talk about here until we get more info.
    That's actually a pretty good story there and well told might I add.  That is why you should go for the aisle seats so if something like that happens you could maybe slide into the aisle for a view.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    MM70435 said:
    arwooten7 said:

That's actually a pretty good story there and well told might I add.  That is why you should go for the aisle seats so if something like that happens you could maybe slide into the aisle for a view.
    Exactly!

The funny part about that particular incident is, the band used to send out an 8x10 photo with their fan club membership packet each year. And that year, they used a photo from that show. So, in a wide shot, taken from all the way in the back of the Hollywood Bowl, you can still clearly see this tall guy standing right in front of the middle of the stage. I'm reminded of it every time I see it.
  • Options
    arwooten7 said:
    Nah dude. In Milwaukee 2014 I had a good GA spot except in front of me was the entire Packers offensive line. You're fine.
  • Options
    myoung321 said:

Ohana tickets do fine without PJ playing.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    edited April 2023
    arwooten7 said:
    Nah dude. In Milwaukee 2014 I had a good GA spot except in front of me was the entire Packers offensive line. You're fine.
    How many times did you get sacked that night?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,806
    arwooten7 said:
    I’m tall, but nowhere near as tall as you. My personal mindset is if you feel you’re gonna be blocking someone’s view in GA, commit to a spot so others can pick a spot that works for them behind you. The crowd will shift around a little during the show, but at least you can minimize blocking views that people tried to get.
  • Options
    arwooten7 said:

A similar thing happened to me. I was seeing Interpol, scored 2nd row seats and I was stoked. Guy in seat in front of me shows up and he’s 7ft tall, I’m 5’2”. I was gutted. He saw me, gave me a “I’m sorry” look, and then told me to come stand in the front row with him, so it all turned out fine. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    kmcmanus said:
    JMarksCLE said:
    I'm thinking album coming...small tour where they play a few new tunes...then larger tour in 2024
    While I would LOVE this. It really feels like (to me anyway) that we're never going to get a full scale HUGE tour again. They haven't done more than 20 US dates in a year since 2006.
    They played 24 US shows in ‘13, plus 2 Canada
    And one was in London, ON!
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Drove by the moody center early this morning while I'm in town for work...

That place is pretty small for a pearl jam show... Not going to be an easy ticket either..

For the first shows in Texas in a decade they could have picked some larger venues.... With 10-15 dates on this tour, ticket draws and on sales aren't going to be easy....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,529
    I am 6'1" and have often told shorter folks behind me please step in front of me if I am blocking your view.  7ft tall?  Move to the left! Way left!
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    myoung321 said:

Ohana has PLENTY of people who buy tickets who are fans of bands other than PJ or EV... Ohana has nothing to do with it
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    hihobibo said:
    smile6680 said:

to be fair, PJ usually gives some of the shortest notice for tours too. your big name acts this year such as bruce, dmb, blink, foo,  to name a few, all were announced by in jan or early feb  in not sooner for tours that dont start until may or june. PJ gives us a 2 month scramble usually.
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    duffmannduffmann PHILLY Posts: 475
    shep said:
    Drove by the moody center early this morning while I'm in town for work...

That place is pretty small for a pearl jam show... Not going to be an easy ticket either..

For the first shows in Texas in a decade they could have picked some larger venues.... With 10-15 dates on this tour, ticket draws and on sales aren't going to be easy....

B) I only need one.......
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 358
    on2legs said:
    smile6680 said:
    So who can summarize the last 192 pages into one post?
    A vague email stating we should update/sign up for a membership. Alluding to a possible upcoming tour. I'm starting to wonder if it's just a way to get previous Ten Club members and potential new members to sign up. 
    It’s definitely aimed at getting more people signed up. It is a business after all.  And it’s a heads up to loyal fans as well so they don’t miss out.  But at the end of the rainbow there will be shows announced. 
    I agree with this. The loyal fans are the ones who haven't let their membership lapse for decades. Letting more people sign up last minute drastically reduces the chances for the loyal fans to get tickets.
  • Options
    smile6680 said:
    on2legs said:
    smile6680 said:
    A vague email stating we should update/sign up for a membership. Alluding to a possible upcoming tour. I'm starting to wonder if it's just a way to get previous Ten Club members and potential new members to sign up. 
    It’s definitely aimed at getting more people signed up. It is a business after all.  And it’s a heads up to loyal fans as well so they don’t miss out.  But at the end of the rainbow there will be shows announced. 
    I agree with this. The loyal fans are the ones who haven't let their membership lapse for decades. Letting more people sign up last minute drastically reduces the chances for the loyal fans to get tickets.
    Honestly though, i think its probably more for the loyal fans making sure CC information is up to date.  I doubt there are a TON of new signups....  if there were, they would be back of the line too
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 358
    smile6680 said:

I feel like they would have done this in the past.

"We're working on a small USA tour in the middle of the country for August/September. Stay tuned for further details" like what they did with the 2018 album, Big Bold and Free and probably other things.

But I can totally understand why they don't/can't.
    Exactly. How hard would that be,
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,194
    smile6680 said:
    on2legs said:
    smile6680 said:
    Honestly though, i think its probably more for the loyal fans making sure CC information is up to date.  I doubt there are a TON of new signups....  if there were, they would be back of the line too
    No. They actually would have the same chance to grab a ticket as someone in the club for 30 years. They just get seats assigned later if chosen
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,902
    myoung321 said:

An EV show is not a Pearl Jam show. I'm not going to drive 2hrs to Ohana for just Eddie, but I will absolutely fly to Dallas and get a hotel room to see the full band. It's why they cancelled Ohana Encore last year. EV doesn't have nearly the same draw as the full band. 

I flew from the UK to LA in 2011 just for two EV shows...
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    myoung321 said:

I flew from Boston to Florida for two EV shows in 2012. They were great, but I probably wouldn't do it again. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    myoung321 said:

I have also traveled for EV solo and would do it again.  But the fact is that for every one person who would do that, there are probably 20 who would for PJ.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,486
    Get_Right said:
    I am 6'1" and have often told shorter folks behind me please step in front of me if I am blocking your view.  7ft tall?  Move to the left! Way left!
    Back in the day I really never had to worry about anyone taller in front of me 😉 once GA came into the fold I only try for the reserved seats I’m only 5’ 5” GA does not work for me. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....