Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    smile6680 said:
    Why can't the Ten Club announce a tour is happening this summer/Fall and the cities they have nailed down. I understand not being able to release dates at this point. 

Most of us have Children and careers that need some planning in order to attend. 
    I think when we get it is when it's nailed down. The downside to a heads up is having to unwind travel plans if there winds up being changes.
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,249
    pjl44 said:
    smile6680 said:
    Why can't the Ten Club announce a tour is happening this summer/Fall and the cities they have nailed down. I understand not being able to release dates at this point. 

Most of us have Children and careers that need some planning in order to attend. 
    I think when we get it is when it's nailed down. The downside to a heads up is having to unwind travel plans if there winds up being changes.
    travel plans are already being made on speculation.. 
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,191
    pjl44 said:
    smile6680 said:

Flights, rental car and hotel booked for Austin, and already planning to be in line early at Franklin BBQ on the 19th! :)  
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    smile6680 said:

Since when does ANY BAND care about fans making plans to travel? Honestly that's not their problem or concern
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,600
    smile6680 said:
    So who can summarize the last 192 pages into one post?
    A vague email stating we should update/sign up for a membership. Alluding to a possible upcoming tour. I'm starting to wonder if it's just a way to get previous Ten Club members and potential new members to sign up. 
    It’s definitely aimed at getting more people signed up. It is a business after all.  And it’s a heads up to loyal fans as well so they don’t miss out.  But at the end of the rainbow there will be shows announced. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,409
    logan5ive said:
    I refuse to believe that "big things" is a 9 show tour over 5 cities. Or 10 shows in 6 cities if you want to count Ed's performance at Ohana. It either has to mean more tour dates or an album. 

But it's not like this band has ever said "hey, here are some shows we're doing in September, but don't worry, we're doing a bunch more after that!"  I suppose a new album would be considered big news too. But you'd think there would be more shows if that were the case. I can't foresee a scenario where only a percentage of shows get leaked and not the rest? So weird
    Someone mentioned that dimi said it would be 15 shows. If that's the case, then yes, it is weird that we only know of 9.
    9 and 6 in Australia…Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Auckland NZ. 
    or maybe it's Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Portland, Seattle, Seattle :)
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    I'm thinking album coming...small tour where they play a few new tunes...then larger tour in 2024
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrz200mrz200 Posts: 76
    at this point I think the late notice and lack of Saturdays is intentional, maybe to reduce a teeny bit a crazed crowd & ticket demand situations?

I think it became apparent how little PJ considers stuff like school schedules when Fenway2 in 2018 was literally the first day of school and they took Labor Day off.

• Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 870
    edited April 2023
    mrz200 said:
    at this point I think the late notice and lack of Saturdays is intentional, maybe to reduce a teeny bit a crazed crowd & ticket demand situations?

I think it became apparent how little PJ considers stuff like school schedules when Fenway2 in 2018 was literally the first day of school and they took Labor Day off.

Nope, simply a business decision.  More expensive to book venues on the weekend.  

OR...they plan on filling in the off days with Ten Club-only theater shows! 
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    pjl44 said:
    smile6680 said:

There's a different level of confidence when you're getting details from the band vs. sniffing out leaks
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,191
    Off date in the middle, doesn't that more than offset the weekend vs weekday saving?
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,068
    smile6680 said:

Since when does ANY BAND care about fans making plans to travel? Honestly that's not their problem or concern
    For special events, you got 311 with their cruise, Hootie and DMB with their cancun destination trips.
    But for regular shows, if a band is playing throughout the US (as in almost every city with a pro sports team), then they are doing the traveling. But if a band is only doing a handful of dates, or only one show in one metro area of a big state... They have to know that hardcore fans will be traveling. 

• Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    I'm thinking album coming...small tour where they play a few new tunes...then larger tour in 2024
    Yes, this.  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,613
    I found this interview with Roger Daltrey interesting.  If it takes 7 or 8 shows for The Who to start making money, I'd guess a couple less for PJ touring within the States and the amount they make off of the merch train?

https://consequence.net/2023/04/the-who-roger-daltrey-too-expensive-tour-america/
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:
    Backspacer was released on 09/20/09. I wouldn't mind getting all of it for Austin N2 on 09/19🙏

Or at least some of the stuff from PJ20 which was released on 09/19/11
    Backspacer isn’t my favorite record but I don’t know why they don’t play Got Some more. A quick punchy fun tune has lots of potential uses in a setlist.
    Got Some kicks ass. So does GSMF. 

IMO, Johnny Guitar is the only weak track, but I'm sure Ed wouldn't mind belting it out one more time for ol' Johnny.
    Hahaha... Mr. WashedInBlack LOVES Johnny Guitar.. I don't hate it, great version at Spectrum night 2
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,535
    I don't get booking non-refundable rooms based off of rumors.  I don't think I'd book non-refundable rooms if a tour was announced unless the non-refund applies to 24 hours within the date of the show.
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 449
    biz999 said:
    Can confirm that those pages were NOT there 4/10 (yesterday)

And also this existed but has been removed: https://pearljam.com/tour/history/show/ohana-festival-1681140539

Don’t foresee this happening, but wouldn’t mind an announcement like last year that Eddie’s solo show at Ohana is getting changed. Just this time not The Earthlings but Pearl Jam. One can hope…

Will be a blast either way. Those of you getting the potential shows enjoy. Can’t wait for the announcement. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    smile6680 said:

I feel like they would have done this in the past.

"We're working on a small USA tour in the middle of the country for August/September. Stay tuned for further details" like what they did with the 2018 album, Big Bold and Free and probably other things.

But I can totally understand why they don't/can't.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    hihobibo said:
    smile6680 said:

For special events, you got 311 with their cruise, Hootie and DMB with their cancun destination trips.
    But for regular shows, if a band is playing throughout the US (as in almost every city with a pro sports team), then they are doing the traveling. But if a band is only doing a handful of dates, or only one show in one metro area of a big state... They have to know that hardcore fans will be traveling. 

Pearl Jam Fan Chicago River Boat Cruise!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    My guess is nothing will be announced until the Ohana tickets are sold out....lol
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,869
    The PJ camp have not been good with communication, even in our very tech dominant world in 2023. It's like wanting to hang out with a really cool person who is flakey.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    I don't get booking non-refundable rooms based off of rumors.  I don't think I'd book non-refundable rooms if a tour was announced unless the non-refund applies to 24 hours within the date of the show.

Who the hell would book non-refundable based on rumor? Geez
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    The PJ camp have not been good with communication, even in our very tech dominant world in 2023. It's like wanting to hang out with a really cool person who is flakey.
    That’s one of the perks of being really cool, you’re allowed to be flakey. This can also apply to the conditions of really hot, really smart or really strong.
    I am none of these things so I can’t get away with it 😉
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598

Who the hell would book non-refundable based on rumor? Geez
    I have completely got away from non refundable rooms unless it is a few days before the stay when I book it. Refundable rooms cost a bit more, but between COVID and just everyday situations it is worth it to me. I do wonder though if the person was joking. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,185
    Yes, this.  
    I know they did this for LB and Gigaton....maybe even Backspacer

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    BR223133BR223133 Posts: 86
    hihobibo said:
    smile6680 said:

Pearl Jam Fan Chicago River Boat Cruise!
    Does the VIP experience include the dumping of DMB's tour bus shitter tank?
    1992: 7/25 Denver, CO (Lollapalooza)
    1993: 11/30 Las Vegas, NV (Vault #5) - 12/1 Las Vegas, NV
    1998: 7/11 Las Vegas, NV
    2000: 10/22 Las Vegas, NV (10th anniversary)
    2003: 4/1 Denver, CO
    2006: 7/3 Denver, CO
    2014: 10/22 Denver, CO
    2020: 4/11 Phoenix, AZ
    2022: 5/9 Phoenix, AZ - 5/20 Las Vegas, NV

Eddie Vedder/Earthlings
    2022: 10/7 Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,011
    I get the frustration with waiting on tour announcements - I get a huge dopamine hit off the whole cycle of announcements, lotteries, ticket sales, planning, and of course actually going to the shows, and can’t wait for all that to happen - but I don’t think this is quite right. A “flakey” person says they’ll do things and then backs out. Love it or hate it, Pearl Jam not announcing anything at all until everything is locked down is the opposite of that. I think I understand why they do things that way, and it’s specifically so they won’t be like the really-cool-but-flakey person. 
  • Options
    jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82

• Options
    JMarksCLEJMarksCLE Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 40
    While I would LOVE this. It really feels like (to me anyway) that we're never going to get a full scale HUGE tour again. They haven't done more than 20 US dates in a year since 2006.
    08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
    04.07.17 - Rock Hall Induction
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    JMarksCLE said:
    While I would LOVE this. It really feels like (to me anyway) that we're never going to get a full scale HUGE tour again. They haven't done more than 20 US dates in a year since 2006.
    They played 24 US shows in ‘13, plus 2 Canada