Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    JimmyV said:
    Ohana is hyping the announcement on their social medias today. Pearl Jam is not. Draw your own conclusions. Or, if you are like me, continue to be confused by this process. 
    Eddie posted this last week: 
  • Options
    Soo, with nothing else to blather on about, any wishes and desires for Ohana? This is the first one I’ll miss in a while but I thought Rockfords, Painted Shield would be nice. I’m sure there is some effort to circle back to the Pretenders since they were supposed to be a ‘20 headliner 

Or is this already being discussed in another thread?
  • Options
    I'll go to Ohana both weekends if PJ plays. If it's just Ed, I will probably skip it. The undercard would have to be really amazing for me to justify it. And I live 2hrs away. 

The newsletter this morning definitely made it seem like they are just announcing Ohana tomorrow. Just very little hype. Might be a few weeks before we get the rest of the dates /album announcement. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 872
    edited April 2023
    I'll go to Ohana both weekends if PJ plays. If it's just Ed, I will probably skip it. The undercard would have to be really amazing for me to justify it. And I live 2hrs away. 

The newsletter this morning definitely made it seem like they are just announcing Ohana tomorrow. Just very little hype. Might be a few weeks before we get the rest of the dates /album announcement. 
    Agreed, zero tour hype outside of strategically placed hints to the super fans. Not sure this tour announcement is ready for blast off. 
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,273
    My prediction… On May 3, a May Extras email from 10c will drop with a link to a new four city playlist for the month. On June 3 another.  All in the buildup for a 12 city North American tour to be announced in July.  They’re slow playing us. :)
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 435
    I'd say by early May
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    Soo, with nothing else to blather on about, any wishes and desires for Ohana? This is the first one I’ll miss in a while but I thought Rockfords, Painted Shield would be nice. I’m sure there is some effort to circle back to the Pretenders since they were supposed to be a ‘20 headliner 

Kings of Leon would be a nice touch after the tragedy they suffered their first go around at Ohana. Seeing how Ed had taken a liking to their catchy diddy, Wet Leg might be fun as well. Always down for Brandi Carlisle. Guessing Foos are a possibility as well. 

Curious what pop/rock artist might show up this year. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    edited April 2023
    Next week is possible for the PJ tour announcement.  Here is the sale timeline for Ohana 2022:
    Monday - announcement
    Wednesday - pre-sale
    Thursday - general sale
    FWIW, I'm still in the album + longer tour announcement camp.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ohana 2022
    Ohana Festival is returning to Doheny State Beach from September 30th through October 2nd! 
    Ten Club Members active as of today, April 10th will receive an email tomorrow, Monday, April 11th with an invite for a special Ten Club presale! The Festival line-up will also be announced on Monday, April 11th! Be sure to stay tuned!
    Sign up HERE now for an aditional early access ticket presale on Wednesday, April 13th.
    Tickets for Ohana Festival go on sale to the general public on Thursday, April 14th at 10 am PT.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,044
    Well we know something is happening…but when and where who knows…three things are certain…death taxes and skipping an Australian leg (enter reverse psychological thoughts). 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,530

There hasn’t been any news of a second weekend.  By all accounts that was a one time thing in 2021, as in 2022 it was announced and sold but then cancelled (presumably due to low sales, though that was never officially confirmed).
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,612
    on2legs said:
    Some of these posts are like a glass of sour milk.  People need to be patient… if there’s a tour, it will be announced.  But selling tickets is a business and you need to build interest and anticipation.  If you get frustrated by the hints then just tune out and wait for the announcement to drop and be pleasantly surprised.  
    I whole-heartedly agree. And I feel they've done well with the interest and anticipation. But now is the time to finally let us know. As you said, it's a business. And many other acts have already announced their shows thru these dates. The longer they wait, the more likely it'll be that travelling concert fans will already have plans for their dates. Which is where I find myself at this point. And why I may seem somewhat impatient at times. So it does them no favors to delay confirming any tour plans. Because at this point, any further delay is more likely to hurt their sales. September is always a HUGE month for festivals and tours all over the country.
    Sorry… definitely was not referring to your posts 😁 Just referring to the really hostile posts here.  Didn’t mean to be overly broad.  Should have been more specific.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 784

Smashing Pumpkins tour ends before Ohana. I have had worse guesses.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    edited April 2023
    kaw753 said:

Smashing Pumpkins at Ohana?

Why am I remembering some sort of feud between Billy Corgan and Pearl Jam? I'm sure 99% of it was AltNation trash clickbait though.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    kaw753 said:

Why am I remembering some sort of feud between Billy Corgan and Pearl Jam? I'm sure 99% of it was AltNation trash clickbait though.
    It was pretty much one sided from Billy.
  • Options
    It seemed like most agreed, they were not and have never had a big tour announced on the 10th. 

We went from, “they never announce on the 10th,” to “The sky is falling, no tour announcement ever!”  =)
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 170
    mattcoz said:
    kaw753 said:

It was pretty much one sided from Billy.
    Was just watching an interview with Billy last week where he was talking about how he used to use his pro wrestling knowledge even back then before he was involved in it to stir up fake controversies. So very possible it was just something along those lines.
  • Options
    It seemed like most agreed, they were not and have never had a big tour announced on the 10th. 

We went from, “they never announce on the 10th,” to “The sky is falling, no tour announcement ever!”  =)
    Yah its been kind of funny.  The big announcement is probably they are Breaking Up and hanging up the guitar strings.... LOL
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569

Lana Del Rey just released an outstanding new album. I'd love to have her home back to Ohana again. The fest usually has a female headliner, and she'd fit right in after playing the fest the first year of its existence.

I'm not super familiar with the band Goose, but they shared their tour dates recently and 9/30 was blurred out. They're playing Santa Barbara on 9/29, so it seems almost certain that 9/30 will be Ohana. 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,494
    😂😂😂 that’s the news the Ohana lineup 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Does anyone really care about Ed's cover band still?
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 661

Lana Del Rey just released an outstanding new album. I'd love to have her home back to Ohana again. The fest usually has a female headliner, and she'd fit right in after playing the fest the first year of its existence.

I'm not super familiar with the band Goose, but they shared their tour dates recently and 9/30 was blurred out. They're playing Santa Barbara on 9/29, so it seems almost certain that 9/30 will be Ohana. 
    My ideal headliners would be Lana Del Rey / Eddie / RHCP.
  • Options
    Brisk. said:
    Lots of people do. 

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,528
    For Ohana, thinking KoL to make up 2021. Possibly Sleater-Kinney (bc Bumbershoot + connection) et al.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    Brisk. said:
    Yes 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,682

I like the album, but her last three are pretty damn slow (and that is saying something compared to the first few albums).  I don't know that I'd want to see her at a festival.  Solo Ed was pretty dull at that type of venue.  He is better in a theater.  Would love a theater show as the show won't stop 3 times for medical issues and fights.  
  • Options

I like the album, but her last three are pretty damn slow (and that is saying something compared to the first few albums).  I don't know that I'd want to see her at a festival.  Solo Ed was pretty dull at that type of venue.  He is better in a theater.  Would love a theater show as the show won't stop 3 times for medical issues and fights.  
    That's sort of the vibe of Ohana. I mean, Stevie Nicks headlined last year. 

• Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 552
    Ed was with Josh Homme in the studio in LA recently. QOTSA is doing a bunch of festivals. Hoping they are on the Ohana lineup. Still think the Foos are the safe bet
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    Ed was with Josh Homme in the studio in LA recently. QOTSA is doing a bunch of festivals. Hoping they are on the Ohana lineup. Still think the Foos are the safe bet
    QOTSA & Foo would get me there, regardless of whether it's PJ or EV.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 184
    Brisk. said:
    I would definitely go to another Earthlings show.  I thought they were great.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,537
    Brisk. said:
    I would definitely go to another Earthlings show.  I thought they were great.
    Earthlings are fantastic!! Saw them 3 times!