Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,676
    nicknyr15 said:
    If tour hype annoys you, maybe just ignore it?  Not being a smartass, just saying the "Tour Rumors" Thread may not be the best place to kill time if it's not your jam. 

I'm indifferent. They're trying to generate buzz, but this cycle is probably a little overkill. That said, I get that they're having some fun with it. I've been on that side of the fence for (far less significant) releases and it's a good time teasing stuff out. 

Does any other band have 1 fan teasing a tour more than the actual band? It’s just weird. I don’t care honestly. I’m not hyped on a Pj tour like I would have been prior to the last tour. It’s just become annoying being a fan of this band for me personally. I understand I’m in the minority and I’m glad about that. Who wants an entire thread with people whining like I am. I’m just sharing my feelings. 
    You might be excited if they actually ever announced a tour instead of whatever 14 shows in 7 cities is called. 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,146
    Ed was with Josh Homme in the studio in LA recently. 
    What? Let me know more. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Less than an hour until Ohana lineup drop. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,939
    nicknyr15 said:
    If tour hype annoys you, maybe just ignore it?  Not being a smartass, just saying the "Tour Rumors" Thread may not be the best place to kill time if it's not your jam. 

I'm indifferent. They're trying to generate buzz, but this cycle is probably a little overkill. That said, I get that they're having some fun with it. I've been on that side of the fence for (far less significant) releases and it's a good time teasing stuff out. 

Does any other band have 1 fan teasing a tour more than the actual band? It’s just weird. I don’t care honestly. I’m not hyped on a Pj tour like I would have been prior to the last tour. It’s just become annoying being a fan of this band for me personally. I understand I’m in the minority and I’m glad about that. Who wants an entire thread with people whining like I am. I’m just sharing my feelings. 
    You might be excited if they actually ever announced a tour instead of whatever 14 shows in 7 cities is called. 
    Agreed. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,490
    Hate to say it but if this is the only tour announcement I get today that's ok

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    pjl44 said:
    Watched pot never boils. If you're frustrated with the rumor thread you just have to walk away from the rumor thread and do other things.
    Well they’re your first problem.  You shouldn’t be boiling pot you should be smoking pot.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,939
    pjl44 said:

Hell fuckin yes 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    pjl44 said:
    Pearl Jam Fan Circle of Life:

1. Tour announcement anxiety
    2. 10C lottery anxiety
    3. Only got picked for 2 shows need to buy 5 more anxiety
    4. Pre-show merch and GA line anxiety
    5. Post-tour online merch drop anxiety
    6. Merch shipping anxiety
    7. Go back to 1
    The weird thing is much of it is easily avoided but alas, here we are.

Tour Pass - limited amount of tickets to the whole tour
    Half Tour Pass - pre-select shows - limited amount of these passes
    Ability to pre-purchase shirts/posters for 10c ticket holders to shows you hold tickets for.

Cures a lot of anxiety. Not much you can do about item 1 - they like to create internal 10c hype.  Meanwhile, the real world outside of 10c continues to make statements like "those guys are still around?"

• Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,086
    edited April 2023
    raindog80 said:
    Ed was with Josh Homme in the studio in LA recently. 
    What? Let me know more. 
    Mercy Mercy Me pt. 2
  • Options
    JMarksCLEJMarksCLE Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 40
    mfc2006 said:
    Ohana Wishlist: PJ, QOTSA, Jenny Lewis, Gary Clark Jr, Fiona Apple, The National, Manchester Orchestra, Heartless Bastards, Goose, IDLES, Josh Ritter + a lot more. Most of these won't happen, but that would be fucking awesome if they all did.
    TAKE. MY. MONEY.
    08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
    04.07.17 - Rock Hall Induction
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,807

Had to double-take to see if I posted my image again... coffee hasn't quite hit this morning. :lol:  
  • Options
    Daner90Daner90 Posts: 75
    The greek posted two piles of rice so I'm going to assume the tour is announced twoday.

I'll see myself out
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198

This is fair. I too get a bit annoyed as I have a real life with real responsibilities like most of us here now. So having dates quickly when they are known is important for planning. I’m fact this announcement is already too late for me in many cases.  

But you are right, I still get all worked up and excited then bummed…then gotta step away a bit. ;)

It’s supposed to be just fun. ;) 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,086

This is fair. I too get a bit annoyed as I have a real life with real responsibilities like most of us here now. So having dates quickly when they are known is important for planning. I’m fact this announcement is already too late for me in many cases.  

But you are right, I still get all worked up and excited then bummed…then gotta step away a bit. ;)

It’s supposed to be just fun. ;) 
    Well the good news is there's only 15 mins left to wait   (nervous laugh)
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,616
    There have been no new rumors the last few days so don’t know what hype they are trying to build at this point. Just getting annoying. 
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    pjl44 said:

2. 10C lottery anxiety
    7. Go back to 1

Ability to pre-purchase shirts/posters for 10c ticket holders to shows you hold tickets for.

Cures a lot of anxiety. Not much you can do about item 1 - they like to create internal 10c hype.  Meanwhile, the real world outside of 10c continues to make statements like "those guys are still around?"

Metallica has that Wherever I May Roam Pass or whatever it's called.

Pearl Jam could have the Drifting Pass. It'd be expensive as all hell PLUS an additional donation to Vitalogy Foundation, but it'd get early access to the pit even before regular GA.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 552
    Ohanas IG account was following 268 before, now it’s at 290. They just started following the Foo Fighters and the Killers
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    pjl44 said:

2. 10C lottery anxiety
    7. Go back to 1

Metallica has that Wherever I May Roam Pass or whatever it's called.

Pearl Jam could have the Drifting Pass. It'd be expensive as all hell PLUS an additional donation to Vitalogy Foundation, but it'd get early access to the pit even before regular GA.
    Dollars have never stopped the faithful before.  They won't today.
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    BIG THINGS!
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Ohanas IG account was following 268 before, now it’s at 290. They just started following the Foo Fighters and the Killers
    Always bet on a festival announcement being the Foo. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,515
    👀
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    pjl44 said:

Agreed. Great f'n news. 

Get there early for Battles; if you're not familiar, it's John Stanier's (Tomahawk) other band & they're fantastic. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Probably a safe bet that the Foos will headline one of nights at Ohana. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 158
    The Foo Fighters and the killers would definitely be headliners doesn’t leave much room for Eddie solo and Pearl Jam. Going to be interesting here in a few minutes
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 552
    Also if the other headliners are the Killers and Foo Fighters, unsure where PJ fits in unless Ed is swapping his solo set for a full band
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17