Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,672
    rey said:
    JimmyV said:
    Based on the very limited info any of us seem to have, my best guess would be the announcement of a small, 7-city tour that includes an appearance at Ohana tomorrow. As for Philly? I honestly don't know anymore. Perhaps they just included that skyline slide because they were making the video the day of the PJ Flyers game. But they fact that they went out of their way to say "hope to see you all again soon!" in the newsletter feels like another hint.

Regardless, if it turns out that we only get the Ohana lineup tomorrow, and there's no further tour announcement this week, I'm honestly gonna be a bit pissed that they jerked us around like this so prematurely.
    Nobody responded to my theory on Philly last week so I’ll try again - the Phillies are in Milwaukee on Sept. 3.  
    The premium sales office at Citizens Bank Park acknowledged last week there are no Pearl Jam concerts there this year. 

Edit: Am I misunderstanding your theory?
    Perhaps it was me who misunderstood, which is probably the case. lol
    Aisle seats had it right.  My theory is a Milwaukee show.  It’s a reach, but it would at least have something to do with Philly, and Milwaukee would have been a 2020 second leg city.  And if other rumors are correct it would sort of fit geographically.  But it’s based on nothing.  Just trying to come up with something that makes sense based on the Philly image, as Philly doesn’t.  
    So the theory is that the clip of the Philly skyline was hinting at a PJ show in Milwaukee???  That feels like a real stretch but so far we don't have confirmation of the meaning of any of the clips, so I guess anything is possible.  
    That’s the theory.  Would I wager as much as 5 cents on it? No, but it just doesn’t make sense for them to go to Philly.  
    I get that you're just trying to make sense of it, but I'm going to lean towards either the images being arbitrary or this just being an April Fools joke over the Philly skyline meaning Milwaukee. 

I had suggested Citizens Bank as well, but as someone pointed out to me, that's a long way to go & a lot of work to set up for only one or two shows, which is why MIA makes sense... there's already going to be a stage there... I'm sure it's a lot easier to do a festival appearance than your own headlining concert. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    Nothing rumored about this tour makes sense on its own. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,869
    Festivals are a huge payday for a shorter set. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a festival show of some sort. Maybe a fan club show at an intimate venue?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    And, if PJ isn't playing Ohana, I don't see how a PJ tour elsewhere in the country would have much of an impact on ticket sales for a fest with a shit-ton of other bands, plus Eddie Vedder solo in southern California. 
    I agree with this - let it be no PJ at Ohana, tour news at 10am CT tomorrow.  Only thing is, Severed Hand was played in the Ohana tease.  
    I don't think a PJ tour elsewhere would have much impact on ticket sales for a small-ish festival in SoCal with PJ as the headliner either. The point being, I don't think Ohana would be a roadblock either way. I still think they're playing, and I still think we're getting a full announcement tomorrow. But I've been proven a fool many times before.
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    It would be nice to get another hint today at least.  I have been checking this stuff way too much for apparently no reason haha.  Will I stop though? Nope
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    JimmyV said:
    I want to believe that’s because we don’t have all the info and they will surprise us with something bigger than what’s rumored. But those suggestions seem to get doused in cold water pretty quick so it looks like it’ll be exactly what’s rumored: a handful of Midwest dates and one or maybe 2 fests. I don’t get it, but I expect that’s what it’ll be.
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:
    I want to believe that’s because we don’t have all the info and they will surprise us with something bigger than what’s rumored. But those suggestions seem to get doused in cold water pretty quick so it looks like it’ll be exactly what’s rumored: a handful of Midwest dates and one or maybe 2 fests. I don’t get it, but I expect that’s what it’ll be.
    I am right there with you. It feels like there has to be SOMETHING more, but if there is it has remained a total secret. 

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    Pottsy199 said:
    bobasfeet said:
    Doug87 said:
    bobasfeet said:
    Doug87 said:
    MMRBQ is Shinedown, not Pearl Jam.
    Talk about a let down.

Shinedown is beneath the tier I was thinking even (maybe like Disturbed, etc.)

MMRBBQ: we’ve got something really epic for you guys 

annnnnnnnnnnd it’s RC cola  =)
    RC > Pepsi. I'll die on that hill.
     =) love the commitment to it
    Thanks. We all know who is on top of that hill tho...

I'd like to buy the world a Coke
    And lie here naked with my girl

(Flickerstick)
    I was talking about Flickerstick and "Band on the Run" yesterday. Best "reality" show there ever was. I got to know Flickerstick a little bit and have a few demo albums from my college radio days back then. The demo version of "Smile" is infinitely better than the album version. Cool dudes.

If you're on FB, they have a "Flickerstick -- Official" group where many current/past members are active.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:
    I am right there with you. It feels like there has to be SOMETHING more, but if there is it has remained a total secret. 
    My theory, based on the "big things" comment, is that there'll be more to come, including an album. This is merely an appetizer. But I'll still be licking my plate.
  • Options
    This seems like stretch as well, but the (WXPN) Xponential Fest is scheduled for Sept. 22-24 in Camden, NJ. They obviously wouldn't play the small stage in Wiggins Park, but could possibly headline Freedom Mortgage Pavilion (or whatever it's called now) as a separate ticketed event. Prob not, but I'm not sure Made in America makes much sense either.

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 158
    I’m stoked looks like they’re definitely playing Ohana to me wouldn’t be surprised if they announce Ohana on Tuesday and hopefully the tour dates but they might let Ohana sell for a week or so before they announce tour dates
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    Maybe tomorrow
  • Options
    Was hoping we would hear from Radio Free Santos today...

• Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,581
    edited April 2023
    Here's one for a heart attack...today is my renewal day and my credit card (with plenty of room) felt like rejecting the charge.
    It's been a fun hour on the phone with Mastercard....

Sorry for the freak out - this forum is my only outlet for people that will understand and hopefully help with reassurance! GAH!
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    Gibson said:
    Here's one for a heart attack...today is my renewal day and my credit card (with plenty of room) felt like rejecting the charge.
    It's been a fun hour on the phone with Mastercard....

Sorry for the freak out - this forum is my only outlet for people that will understand and hopefully help with reassurance! GAH!
    Oh my God that sucks!!!!
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,606
    Some of these posts are like a glass of sour milk.  People need to be patient… if there’s a tour, it will be announced.  But selling tickets is a business and you need to build interest and anticipation.  If you get frustrated by the hints then just tune out and wait for the announcement to drop and be pleasantly surprised.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    lisalamblisalamb Posts: 65
    Maybe the Philly skyline was what "April Fools?" was referring to.
  • Options
    lisalamb said:
    Maybe the Philly skyline was what "April Fools?" was referring to.
    If anyone within the Pearl Jam organization thinks its funny to joke about tour dates within this community they are severely out of touch.  If this thread shows one thing, its how fragile we are when it comes to touring.  
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    PJNB said:
    And, if PJ isn't playing Ohana, I don't see how a PJ tour elsewhere in the country would have much of an impact on ticket sales for a fest with a shit-ton of other bands, plus Eddie Vedder solo in southern California. 
    True and it’s odd the Ohana announcement is 10am Central time which is the time zone of all of the rumoured shows. I always thought it was 10am pacific time for ohana. 
    The Ohana announcement was at 10 am Central time (8 am Pacific time) last year too. I looked on their Twitter feed to confirm. So really nothing to be taken from the timing of the lineup drop.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    Ohana announcement at 11am EST/8am PST and PJ Tour announcement at 1pm/10am? I guess I’m team tomorrow… but only for today.  
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    PJNB said:
    True and it’s odd the Ohana announcement is 10am Central time which is the time zone of all of the rumoured shows. I always thought it was 10am pacific time for ohana. 
    Noblesville is Eastern time
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,606
    As always… Tuesday is the day!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    Some of these posts are like a glass of sour milk.  People need to be patient… if there’s a tour, it will be announced.  But selling tickets is a business and you need to build interest and anticipation.  If you get frustrated by the hints then just tune out and wait for the announcement to drop and be pleasantly surprised.  
    I whole-heartedly agree. And I feel they've done well with the interest and anticipation. But now is the time to finally let us know. As you said, it's a business. And many other acts have already announced their shows thru these dates. The longer they wait, the more likely it'll be that travelling concert fans will already have plans for their dates. Which is where I find myself at this point. And why I may seem somewhat impatient at times. So it does them no favors to delay confirming any tour plans. Because at this point, any further delay is more likely to hurt their sales. September is always a HUGE month for festivals and tours all over the country.
  • Options
    nc_jammer1nc_jammer1 Posts: 546
    edited April 2023
    If Ohana is the only California date,  seeing they played a bunch last year, they likely could just announce with rest of tour dates.
    Post edited by nc_jammer1 on
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    It seems like a no brainer. They teased last week and will announce tomorrow at 8 am pacific with the ohana lineup. Anything other than that seems wacky to me anyway. 
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    It seems like a no brainer. They teased last week and will announce tomorrow at 8 am pacific with the ohana lineup. Anything other than that seems wacky to me anyway. 
    Exactly. Which is why I said I would be a bit annoyed if it didn't come to fruition.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    Bunting10 said:
    Ohana announcement at 11am EST/8am PST and PJ Tour announcement at 1pm/10am? I guess I’m team tomorrow… but only for today.  
    That’s what I’m going with until I’m not . 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    Ohana is hyping the announcement on their social medias today. Pearl Jam is not. Draw your own conclusions. Or, if you are like me, continue to be confused by this process. 

• Options
    No matter what happens to us tomorrow, I need you all to remember how much I love and appreciate you. <3
    And that's not just the weed and the booze talking. ;)
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 169
    JimmyV said:
    Ohana is hyping the announcement on their social medias today. Pearl Jam is not. Draw your own conclusions. Or, if you are like me, continue to be confused by this process. 
    I get what you’re saying, but if PJ was hyping the announcement, it would give away the announcement. So don’t see that being a factor. Hoping for the best, but also prepared for nothing.