Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    PB11041 said:
    find it hard to believe that Pearl Jam would be going back to Ohana after just one year unless they could not get any other headliners.

It’s been 2 years
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    vedpunk said:
    Ugh based on past history, don’t they wait until Ohana has sold out before announcing a full tour?  
    Ohana is a very different animal than any other festival that PJ might play since it's Eddie's festival. I reckon he can do whatever he wants. Besides, it's sometimes been the other way around -- a tour is announced THEN festival dates come up, so I don't think there's much precedence for this.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    edited April 2023
    Based on the very limited info any of us seem to have, my best guess would be the announcement of a small, 7-city tour that includes an appearance at Ohana tomorrow. As for Philly? I honestly don't know anymore. Perhaps they just included that skyline slide because they were making the video the day of the PJ Flyers game. But they fact that they went out of their way to say "hope to see you all again soon!" in the newsletter feels like another hint.

Regardless, if it turns out that we only get the Ohana lineup tomorrow, and there's no further tour announcement this week, I'm honestly gonna be a bit pissed that they jerked us around like this so prematurely.
    Nobody responded to my theory on Philly last week so I’ll try again - the Phillies are in Milwaukee on Sept. 3.  
    The premium sales office at Citizens Bank Park acknowledged last week there are no Pearl Jam concerts there this year. 

Edit: Am I misunderstanding your theory?
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    Comparing Ohana to other current festivals makes no sense.  Ohana is like the Bridge School Benefit.  EV will play it every year obviously...sometimes solo, sometimes PJ, sometimes Earthlings, depending on what and with whom he is working at that time.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    The thing to remember about Ohana is that the entire second weekend died last year without Pearl Jam on the bill. Who knows how that has impacted the business decisions this year. I won't be surprised at all if Ed asked the guys to go back again this year. 

• Options
    Comparing Ohana to other current festivals makes no sense.  Ohana is like the Bridge School Benefit.  EV will play it every year obviously...sometimes solo, sometimes PJ, sometimes Earthlings, depending on what and with whom he is working at that time.
    This too. 

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    edited April 2023
    JimmyV said:
    Based on the very limited info any of us seem to have, my best guess would be the announcement of a small, 7-city tour that includes an appearance at Ohana tomorrow. As for Philly? I honestly don't know anymore. Perhaps they just included that skyline slide because they were making the video the day of the PJ Flyers game. But they fact that they went out of their way to say "hope to see you all again soon!" in the newsletter feels like another hint.

Regardless, if it turns out that we only get the Ohana lineup tomorrow, and there's no further tour announcement this week, I'm honestly gonna be a bit pissed that they jerked us around like this so prematurely.
    Nobody responded to my theory on Philly last week so I’ll try again - the Phillies are in Milwaukee on Sept. 3.  
    The premium sales office at Citizens Bank Park acknowledged last week there are no Pearl Jam concerts there this year. 

Calling the "premium sales office" is akin to calling your TV provider and asking about a channel negotiation.

They only know what's in front of them and can only say what they've been authorized to tell the general public.

OTOH, if someone has a connection to a VP or Director of Stadium Operations...that's a different story.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    JimmyV said:

Perhaps it was me who misunderstood, which is probably the case. lol
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    JimmyV said:

Calling the "premium sales office" is akin to calling your TV provider and asking about a channel negotiation.

They only know what's in front of them and can only say what they've been authorized to tell the general public.
    Not how the conversation went but you are free to believe what you want. 

• Options
    release00release00 Posts: 346
    vedpunk said:
    Ugh based on past history, don’t they wait until Ohana has sold out before announcing a full tour?  
    This
    "So much it dont show"
  • Options
    I don't know about Ohana but they definitely held the 2022 info until after the Earthlings tour. 

• Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    release00 said:
    vedpunk said:
    This

Doesn’t it usually take quite a while for OHana to sell out, if it does at all? Correct me if I’m wrong,  but I seem to remember getting promotional emails from Ohana well into august with tickets still available in past years. Seems like an awfully long time to wait to announce a tour they they seem to have already intimated with the video and early “newsletter.”
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,521
    JimmyV said:

Aisle seats had it right.  My theory is a Milwaukee show.  It’s a reach, but it would at least have something to do with Philly, and Milwaukee would have been a 2020 second leg city.  And if other rumors are correct it would sort of fit geographically.  But it’s based on nothing.  Just trying to come up with something that makes sense based on the Philly image, as Philly doesn’t.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    wsimon74 said:
    release00 said:
    vedpunk said:
    This

Doesn’t it usually take quite a while for OHana to sell out, if it does at all? Correct me if I’m wrong,  but I seem to remember getting promotional emails from Ohana well into august with tickets still available in past years. Seems like an awfully long time to wait to announce a tour they they seem to have already intimated with the video and early “newsletter.”
    Yes, Ohana has never sold out right away, even when Pearl Jam played. Whether the full band is playing this year or just Eddie, it seems highly unlikely that any tour announcement would be put on hold until the festival sells out. As someone else said above, Ohana is an entirely different animal than other fests with all their radius clauses and other requirements. 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Aisle seats had it right.  My theory is a Milwaukee show.  It’s a reach, but it would at least have something to do with Philly, and Milwaukee would have been a 2020 second leg city.  And if other rumors are correct it would sort of fit geographically.  But it’s based on nothing.  Just trying to come up with something that makes sense based on the Philly image, as Philly doesn’t.  
    They need to drop that Alice Cooper clip from Wayne's World into the next video. The one where he tells us Milwaukee is an Indian word meaning "the good land."

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    They’re not gonna wait for Ohana to sell out, just to let it sell for a week or two. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    wsimon74 said:
    release00 said:
    vedpunk said:
    This

Yes, Ohana has never sold out right away, even when Pearl Jam played. Whether the full band is playing this year or just Eddie, it seems highly unlikely that any tour announcement would be put on hold until the festival sells out. As someone else said above, Ohana is an entirely different animal than other fests with all their radius clauses and other requirements. 
    Yes, but in 2020, Ohana and SHN were announced on a Monday morning.  The rest of leg 2 was never announced because that same Monday evening PJ called off the tour, two days before the rest of the world followed.  Which is to say, the one and only past time that PJ played Ohana, the Ohana announcement was first.  Nobody knows how long they would have waited to announce the rest of leg 2.  In a sense, they still haven’t.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 871
    wsimon74 said:
    release00 said:
    vedpunk said:
    This

Yes, but in 2020, Ohana and SHN were announced on a Monday morning.  The rest of leg 2 was never announced because that same Monday evening PJ called off the tour, two days before the rest of the world followed.  Which is to say, the one and only past time that PJ played Ohana, the Ohana announcement was first.  Nobody knows how long they would have waited to announce the rest of leg 2.  In a sense, they still haven’t.  
    My gut says they will allow Ohana to take the spotlight for a little while and sell some tickets before announcing a full PJ tour.  God, I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    And, if PJ isn't playing Ohana, I don't see how a PJ tour elsewhere in the country would have much of an impact on ticket sales for a fest with a shit-ton of other bands, plus Eddie Vedder solo in southern California. 
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 274
    JimmyV said:

So the theory is that the clip of the Philly skyline was hinting at a PJ show in Milwaukee???  That feels like a real stretch but so far we don't have confirmation of the meaning of any of the clips, so I guess anything is possible.  
  • Options
    rey said:
    JimmyV said:

So the theory is that the clip of the Philly skyline was hinting at a PJ show in Milwaukee???  That feels like a real stretch but so far we don't have confirmation of the meaning of any of the clips, so I guess anything is possible.  
    Hey man, don't jinx it!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,066
    And, if PJ isn't playing Ohana, I don't see how a PJ tour elsewhere in the country would have much of an impact on ticket sales for a fest with a shit-ton of other bands, plus Eddie Vedder solo in southern California. 
    True and it’s odd the Ohana announcement is 10am Central time which is the time zone of all of the rumoured shows. I always thought it was 10am pacific time for ohana. 
  • Options
    Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    bobasfeet said:
    Doug87 said:
    bobasfeet said:
    Doug87 said:
    MMRBQ is Shinedown, not Pearl Jam.
    Talk about a let down.

Shinedown is beneath the tier I was thinking even (maybe like Disturbed, etc.)

MMRBBQ: we’ve got something really epic for you guys 

annnnnnnnnnnd it’s RC cola  =)
    RC > Pepsi. I'll die on that hill.
     =) love the commitment to it
    Thanks. We all know who is on top of that hill tho...

I'd like to buy the world a Coke
    And lie here naked with my girl

(Flickerstick)
    I was talking about Flickerstick and "Band on the Run" yesterday. Best "reality" show there ever was. I got to know Flickerstick a little bit and have a few demo albums from my college radio days back then. The demo version of "Smile" is infinitely better than the album version. Cool dudes.
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,049
    wsimon74 said:
    release00 said:
    vedpunk said:
    This

I think I remember hearing Gigaton leg 2 in 2020 was supposed to be announced the day after the Apollo Theater show.  
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    True and it’s odd the Ohana announcement is 10am Central time which is the time zone of all of the rumoured shows. I always thought it was 10am pacific time for ohana. 
    I like the way you think too.
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    edited April 2023

Post edited by fall by the wayside on
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    They’re not gonna wait for Ohana to sell out, just to let it sell for a week or two. 
    That makes sense
  • Options
    Ryan said:
    wsimon74 said:
    release00 said:
    vedpunk said:
    This

I think I remember hearing Gigaton leg 2 in 2020 was supposed to be announced the day after the Apollo Theater show.  
    If so that would have been a 2-3 week gap.  Gosh, I hope we get tour news before that.  

• Options
    rey said:
    JimmyV said:

That’s the theory.  Would I wager as much as 5 cents on it? No, but it just doesn’t make sense for them to go to Philly.  

• Options
    I agree with this - let it be no PJ at Ohana, tour news at 10am CT tomorrow.  Only thing is, Severed Hand was played in the Ohana tease.