San Diego May 3 COVID-19 Protocols

jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 195
edited April 2022 in The Porch
I'm seeing contradicting information.  Ticketmaster says they're requiring proof of negative test or vaccine, but the venues website say's neither are required.   I'm assuming the venues website is right, but does anyone know for sure?  
Post edited by jgregory89 on

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    I would expect PJ to issue a policy update a few days before the show.  I wouldn’t rely on any info until that has happened.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus Posts: 828
    I am 99% sure that what the venue says on their site trumps what TM says, and I also know the CA covid protocols (as of 4/1/22 there is no more vax or negative test required for indoor mega events). 

I will try to call them tomorrow as I wanted to ask about the best way to get my buddy in.  I bought him a seat but me and my other buddy have floor tickets and they have one of those moving barcodes so I can't text him his ticket, so not sure if we can both go in the GA gate, or if I have to go in his gate, or if there is another solution. 

I will report back tomorrow (Thursday). 
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,614
    I would expect PJ to issue a policy update a few days before the show.  I wouldn’t rely on any info until that has happened.  
    This. They'll put it on their socials. Smartest thing for everyone to do, is bring your proof of vax just in case. If you need it, great. If not, a small price to pay to be prepared.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
    Go Animal said:
    This. They'll put it on their socials. Smartest thing for everyone to do, is bring your proof of vax just in case. If you need it, great. If not, a small price to pay to be prepared.
    Yeah and if you’re not vaxxed please stay home.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,311
    Go Animal said:
    Lol 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited April 2022
    If you have to be vaxed they should have sent an email out weeks ago stating so when the venue is saying that you do not have to be. Them not doing so tells me you will not need it. They gave us a deadline for Ohana when we had to be vaxxed by and we are way past that window now for the first shows of this tour. 
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Posts: 524
    Go Animal said:
    dork
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    the venue decides, in this case you dont need anything, including masks!

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,207
    I was wondering this about the LA shows too.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Go Animal said:
    dork
      That’s mature. 

• jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 195
    Go Animal said:
    It'd be real nice if we could all get past this division that's been created for being vaxxed or not vaxxed.  Please keep your comments to yourself if all you want to do is divide the people. 
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    edited April 2022
    without going too deep

if the VAX is poison, it tracks you, whatever...fill in the blank. Why cant advil do the same? is everyone refusing medicine/ medical attention?

If the government wanted to do this or that to you......probably just use over the counter things/ fast food would also do the trick
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,640
    We haven't been doing vax checks for events in San Diego County for a while now.....
    Go Animal said:
    It'd be real nice if we could all get past this division that's been created for being vaxxed or not vaxxed.  Please keep your comments to yourself if all you want to do is divide the people. 
    This is a forum for people to make their comments.  Thanks 

• jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 195
    Go Animal said:
    This is a forum for people to make their comments.  Thanks 
    Comments promoting division are just dumb.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    CROJAM95 said:
    without going too deep

if the VAX is poison, it tracks you, whatever...fill in the blank. Why cant advil do the same? is everyone refusing medicine/ medical attention?

If the government wanted to do this or that to you......probably just use over the counter things/ fast food would also do the trick
    Because the world is flat and all the Advil would just roll off the edge!

UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    edited April 2022

What You Need to Know

Important Covid-19 Advisory

In the best interest of fans and staff, the Event Organizer is monitoring local COVID-19 trends and will meet or exceed protocols mandated by local governments. By purchasing tickets to this event, you agree to abide by the health and safety measures in effect at the time of the event, which may include, but not be limited to: wearing masks, providing proof of vaccination status and/or providing proof of negative COVID-19 test.

Check back often for updates to your event venue website as guidelines are subject to change. To give fans the best chance to buy tickets at face value, the artist has requested tickets to this event be mobile only and restricted from transfer. If you purchase a ticket and can't attend, you can list your ticket for sale at the price you paid on our Face Value Ticket Exchange starting this spring. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pearl Jam
    May 3rd, Viejas Arena
    For this show ticket holders will not be required to furnish proof of vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the venue.
    MASK POLICY -
    FULLY VACCINATED individuals are not required to wear facial coverings while attending concerts at Viejas Arena.
    UNVACCINATED individuals should continue to wear facial coverings, except while eating and drinking, and are required to wear facial coverings when indoors. Facial coverings must cover both the nose and mouth.
    Full vaccination is defined as completion of the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson administered at least 2 weeks before your scheduled concert date.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    In a nutshell, if you're vaxxed, you don't have to wear a mask, but feel free.
    If you're NOT vaxxed, you must wear a mask. Honestly, if you're not vaxxed by this point, stay home. Not judging it, not debating it, it's just best for everyone attending, Especially yourself.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,271
    Go Animal said:

What You Need to Know

Important Covid-19 Advisory

In the best interest of fans and staff, the Event Organizer is monitoring local COVID-19 trends and will meet or exceed protocols mandated by local governments. By purchasing tickets to this event, you agree to abide by the health and safety measures in effect at the time of the event, which may include, but not be limited to: wearing masks, providing proof of vaccination status and/or providing proof of negative COVID-19 test.

Check back often for updates to your event venue website as guidelines are subject to change. To give fans the best chance to buy tickets at face value, the artist has requested tickets to this event be mobile only and restricted from transfer. If you purchase a ticket and can't attend, you can list your ticket for sale at the price you paid on our Face Value Ticket Exchange starting this spring. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Pearl Jam
    May 3rd, Viejas Arena
    For this show ticket holders will not be required to furnish proof of vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test result to enter the venue.
    MASK POLICY -
    FULLY VACCINATED individuals are not required to wear facial coverings while attending concerts at Viejas Arena.
    UNVACCINATED individuals should continue to wear facial coverings, except while eating and drinking, and are required to wear facial coverings when indoors. Facial coverings must cover both the nose and mouth.
    Full vaccination is defined as completion of the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or one dose of Johnson & Johnson administered at least 2 weeks before your scheduled concert date.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    In a nutshell, if you're vaxxed, you don't have to wear a mask, but feel free.
    If you're NOT vaxxed, you must wear a mask. Honestly, if you're not vaxxed by this point, stay home. Not judging it, not debating it, it's just best for everyone attending, Especially yourself.
    Lol, how stupid can you get, if you’re not vaxed you have to wear a mask BUT you don’t have to show proof of vaccination? What a joke.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,821
    CROJAM95 said:
    without going too deep

Logic escapes people sometimes...including those who don't want to be "tracked by the vaccine" and use smartphones and social media to promote their Qonspiracies.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    I just called, questioning them about entrance protocols mostly.  For example, I found out there are no GA gates...anyone can enter any gate, and if you have someone else's ticket on your phone, due to the floating barcode, you'll need to enter together.

And even though I knew the answer I did ask and it was confirmed that there is no vax or negative test requirement.  Regarding the masks - CDPH does not require anyone to wear a mask indoors for mega events, but strangely enough, on their website, Viejas does officially state that if you are unvax'd you have to wear a mask.  Good luck with enforcing that right?

So long story short, if you want to wear a mask (whether you're vax'd or unvax'd) then by all means do it.  But nobody will be checking anyone's medical card to make sure you can enter without a mask on. 

I will be there, unvax'd, and unmasked, and if anyone has a problem with that, then perhaps you should stay home (or wear another mask or don't crowd into the front of GA).  And if you think I am more of an a-hole for that statement versus the people who say, "stay home if you're not vax'd," then you're simply 100% wrong.
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    If they are not doing a dedicated GA line that is pretty fucked up imo and is going to promote running and pushing. 
    I just called, questioning them about entrance protocols mostly.  For example, I found out there are no GA gates...anyone can enter any gate, and if you have someone else's ticket on your phone, due to the floating barcode, you'll need to enter together.

And even though I knew the answer I did ask and it was confirmed that there is no vax or negative test requirement.  Regarding the masks - CDPH does not require anyone to wear a mask indoors for mega events, but strangely enough, on their website, Viejas does officially state that if you are unvax'd you have to wear a mask.  Good luck with enforcing that right?

So long story short, if you want to wear a mask (whether you're vax'd or unvax'd) then by all means do it.  But nobody will be checking anyone's medical card to make sure you can enter without a mask on. 

I will be there, unvax'd, and unmasked, and if anyone has a problem with that, then perhaps you should stay home (or wear another mask or don't crowd into the front of GA).  And if you think I am more of an a-hole for that statement versus the people who say, "stay home if you're not vax'd," then you're simply 100% wrong.
    Nice research.  

If you don’t respect fellow fans or yourself enough to mask up, at least stay far away from the band.  

^seconded

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    So do they make it to Phoenix before having to postpone a show?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    with fans like that guy? We'll see...

• JimmyV said:
    So do they make it to Phoenix before having to postpone a show?
    The last 5 bands/artists I saw (or were supposed to see) are:

Spoon
    Jerry Cantrell
    Swell Season / Glen Hansard
    Goose
    EdVed

The Spoon show was rescheduled due to covid and is now happening next week. But, their support act tested positive for Covid, so it's obvs still circulating amongst the band and crew. Every other artist on that list had at least one covid postponement. 

So, to answer your question, if they make it through the May shows without someone contracting it and forcing a postponement or someone missing a gig, I will be astounded.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

edited April 2022

Nice research.  

If you don’t respect fellow fans or yourself enough to mask up, at least stay far away from the band.  
    Respect, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with it.  I had covid.  It was nothing more than being tired for a couple days and losing my smell and most of my taste a few days after the weariness crept in.  All was soon back to normal and my immune system was stronger because of it.  

There are going to be viruses, including covid, around for all of eternity, and if you think me not being vax'd or masked will hurt you in any way, you need to go back to medical school.  We should vax and mask up to protect ourselves, first and foremost...the same reason the airline attendants say to put your mask on first.  Enough with the virtue signaling vax and mask charade and shaming.  It's over dude...even Fauci said so...oh snap...he just walked that comment back too after some diehards probably gave him hell.  You do you.  I'll do me.  
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    I’m not participating in a Covid debate/discussion, but on a serious note, bands are still testing for this on a daily basis? Or at least the day of the show? If so, and if asymptomatic, I wonder why that is. That’s not the case with professional sports which are larger entities (the leagues). Very odd. 
    edited April 2022

Nice research.  

Respect, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with it.  I had covid.  It was nothing more than being tired for a couple days and losing my smell and most of my taste a few days after the weariness crept in.  All was soon back to normal and my immune system was stronger because of it.  

There are going to be viruses, including covid, around for all of eternity, and if you think me not being vax'd or masked will hurt you in any way, you need to go back to medical school.  We should vax and mask up to protect ourselves, first and foremost...the same reason the airline attendants say to put your mask on first.  Enough with the virtue signaling vax and mask charade and shaming.  It's over dude...even Fauci said so...oh snap...he just walked that comment back too after some diehards probably gave him hell.  You do you.  I'll do me.  
    https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/ts/news/gta/2022/04/25/remaining-unvaccinated-increases-risk-to-the-vaccinated-says-u-of-t-covid-study.html

https://globalnews.ca/news/8783380/unvaccinated-vaccinated-covid-risk-canadian-study/
    Post edited by RatherStarved on

• AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    Why fret over unvaccinated? They say 4th dose is safe and effective.