San Diego May 3 COVID-19 Protocols

Comments

• I just called, questioning them about entrance protocols mostly.  For example, I found out there are no GA gates...anyone can enter any gate, and if you have someone else's ticket on your phone, due to the floating barcode, you'll need to enter together.

And even though I knew the answer I did ask and it was confirmed that there is no vax or negative test requirement.  Regarding the masks - CDPH does not require anyone to wear a mask indoors for mega events, but strangely enough, on their website, Viejas does officially state that if you are unvax'd you have to wear a mask.  Good luck with enforcing that right?

So long story short, if you want to wear a mask (whether you're vax'd or unvax'd) then by all means do it.  But nobody will be checking anyone's medical card to make sure you can enter without a mask on. 

I will be there, unvax'd, and unmasked, and if anyone has a problem with that, then perhaps you should stay home (or wear another mask or don't crowd into the front of GA).  And if you think I am more of an a-hole for that statement versus the people who say, "stay home if you're not vax'd," then you're simply 100% wrong.
    Nice research.  

If you don’t respect fellow fans or yourself enough to mask up, at least stay far away from the band.  
    Respect, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with it.  I had covid.  It was nothing more than being tired for a couple days and losing my smell and most of my taste a few days after the weariness crept in.  All was soon back to normal and my immune system was stronger because of it.  

There are going to be viruses, including covid, around for all of eternity, and if you think me not being vax'd or masked will hurt you in any way, you need to go back to medical school.  We should vax and mask up to protect ourselves, first and foremost...the same reason the airline attendants say to put your mask on first.  Enough with the virtue signaling vax and mask charade and shaming.  It's over dude...even Fauci said so...oh snap...he just walked that comment back too after some diehards probably gave him hell.  You do you.  I'll do me.  
    I've driven drunk several times and never hit anyone. 
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    Does San Diego have a Jack in the Box?  I have never eaten at a Jack in the Box.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    15 doses to slow the spread 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    D-Rod said:
    Does San Diego have a Jack in the Box?  I have never eaten at a Jack in the Box.  
    All joking aside there are tons of places like that I am hitting up this trip. We have Mcdonalds and Burgerking here lol.  
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    All joking aside there are tons of places like that I am hitting up this trip. We have Mcdonalds and Burgerking here lol.  
    They have a McDonalds in New Brunswick?  Next your going to tell me they have internet. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited April 2022
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    They have a McDonalds in New Brunswick?  Next your going to tell me they have internet. 
    How am I talking to you right now D-Rod? How am I talking to you right now....

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,614
    JimmyV said:
    So do they make it to Phoenix before having to postpone a show?
    The last 5 bands/artists I saw (or were supposed to see) are:

Spoon
    Jerry Cantrell
    Swell Season / Glen Hansard
    Goose
    EdVed

The Spoon show was rescheduled due to covid and is now happening next week. But, their support act tested positive for Covid, so it's obvs still circulating amongst the band and crew. Every other artist on that list had at least one covid postponement. 

So, to answer your question, if they make it through the May shows without someone contracting it and forcing a postponement or someone missing a gig, I will be astounded.
    Jerry Cantrell had to cancel a near-sold out gig at House of Blues down here in Orlando due to Covid. That sucked. 
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,614
    I highly recommend the Jack in the Box in Mission Viejo, btw. Super fast & tasty :)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I’d skip that Wishlist pre-party in SD. Couple of anti-vaxxers will be in attendance who seem to only care about themselves and their ‘great’ experiences with COVID. Seriously, fuck you assholes. And joking about drunk driving? What the holy fuck? Someone put me in board jail before I say more. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 665
    Well, that escalated quickly.
    edited April 2022
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    PJNB said:
    D-Rod said:
    How am I talking to you right now D-Rod? How am I talking to you right now....

My phone crashed shortly after posting this.   Let’s  call it Karma. 
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    I’d skip that Wishlist pre-party in SD. Couple of anti-vaxxers will be in attendance who seem to only care about themselves and their ‘great’ experiences with COVID. Seriously, fuck you assholes. And joking about drunk driving? What the holy fuck? Someone put me in board jail before I say more. 
    Wasn’t my comment but pretty sure the drunk driving comment was meant to illustrate the point that not every time you put someone else at risk with your actions does anyone get hurt but it doesn’t mean you should.  Similar to, you know, well anyway.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Go Animal said:
    JimmyV said:
    So do they make it to Phoenix before having to postpone a show?
    The last 5 bands/artists I saw (or were supposed to see) are:

Spoon
    Jerry Cantrell
    Swell Season / Glen Hansard
    Goose
    EdVed

The Spoon show was rescheduled due to covid and is now happening next week. But, their support act tested positive for Covid, so it's obvs still circulating amongst the band and crew. Every other artist on that list had at least one covid postponement. 

So, to answer your question, if they make it through the May shows without someone contracting it and forcing a postponement or someone missing a gig, I will be astounded.
    Jerry Cantrell had to cancel a near-sold out gig at House of Blues down here in Orlando due to Covid. That sucked. 
    I'm sorry that you missed the show. We saw him in Philly and loved it. Opened with Them Bones and we were beyond excited. I think it was shortly after the NYC show two nights after Philly that he started cancelling. 

Considering going to see AIC in Camden (ugghh... prob lawn tix) with my daughter. Last time we saw AIC was also in Camden at MMRBQ with Soundgarden in 2013, on the rail. God I miss Chris.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• I’d skip that Wishlist pre-party in SD. Couple of anti-vaxxers will be in attendance who seem to only care about themselves and their ‘great’ experiences with COVID. Seriously, fuck you assholes. And joking about drunk driving? What the holy fuck? Someone put me in board jail before I say more. 
    Wasn’t my comment but pretty sure the drunk driving comment was meant to illustrate the point that not every time you put someone else at risk with your actions does anyone get hurt but it doesn’t mean you should.  Similar to, you know, well anyway.  
    That's how I intended it. But, I also apologize for choosing something that might be a sensitive topic for others. 
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770

I have been wondering about how I will address my covid concerns at SD and the other May shows (mask?/no mask?). While I expect differing opinions and behaviors, I am reminded that I can't expect even the tiniest bit of consideration from other attendees. Sad. But at least I have clearer information to make my decisions on.
    If substantial shows (Cantrell, +) are cancelled due to covid just 10 days ago, its clear this is still a current issue, not past-as we want it to be.

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    edited April 2022

Thank you for posting. Another good example of fully vaccinated assholes spreading the disease among the vaccinated.
    Post edited by AW124797 on
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,311
    People can point fingers at whoever they want but the fact is at this point , any large gathering can be a superspreader regardless of vaccine status or not. Take care of yourself and if you’re sick stay home. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    We are supposed to be seeing Trey next Saturday night, indoors. This is concerning. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,207
    trainwreck GIF
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    CROJAM95 said:
    without going too deep

if the VAX is poison, it tracks you, whatever...fill in the blank. Why cant advil do the same? is everyone refusing medicine/ medical attention?

If the government wanted to do this or that to you......probably just use over the counter things/ fast food would also do the trick
    Well now you're just being logical
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    It very well may have been the concert. But after parties in crowded bars/hotel rooms could not have helped. Stern's producer said he went to an after-party where there was heavy nitrous use. Not too smart.

Everyone's risk level is different. I haven't been to an indoors show since this all started. Been to a couple outdoors. But I've been frequenting bars and restaurants without hesitation. I'm glad I'm not seeing PJ until September. Am hopeful the May shows go off without a hitch. 

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,775
    Lizard said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    without going too deep

if the VAX is poison, it tracks you, whatever...fill in the blank. Why cant advil do the same? is everyone refusing medicine/ medical attention?

If the government wanted to do this or that to you......probably just use over the counter things/ fast food would also do the trick
    Well now you're just being logical

Hello 

taking a flight to LA tomorrow, doing San Diego & both LA’s… hope to see you there!

excited as always 🤠
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    Like is said often, Covid is going to be part of life for a while so if bands are putting on shows, IMO the obligation is to perform unless there is risk of serious disease. Unfortunately they can cancel based on results from a very poor testing system, that can not differentiate between high risk and sniffles…it’s a cancel no matter what.

Seeing all the shows out west while having so few ticket options under $1k in the east and Canada, would love to hop on a plane and join y’all at the incredible deluge of shows and tickets in CA.

Luckily my risk of Covid hospitalization is low so for me I am fairly comfortable going to indoor shows. The high risk part is if they cancel a run of shows out west because someone near the band tests positive with zero symptoms, between my anxiety losing two grand on travel expenses and having to explain that loss to my wife, that’s the highest risk of hospitalization here.
  • DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    My take. I cant control others, just cant. Virus is here to stay. I take personal responsibility in how I see fit, and move on. Close thread imo.
    Just another pissing match. Do what works for you and what you can live with. That's how it is and how it is going to be.
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus Posts: 828
    DEGBTI said:
    My take. I cant control others, just cant. Virus is here to stay. I take personal responsibility in how I see fit, and move on. Close thread imo.
    Just another pissing match. Do what works for you and what you can live with. That's how it is and how it is going to be.
    Agreed...it's here to stay like the common cold and the flu.  So that's why performers should stop testing.  There is simply too much on the line to cancel shows or tours due to a case of the sniffles, an asymptomatic infection, or a false positive test.  Otherwise, they may as well test for the flu and the other couple hundred known viruses that can infect humans.  If you're sick stay home/don't play. 
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,207
    DEGBTI said:
    Bingo!  Thread over. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • DEGBTI said:
    But not how it has to be. 
    DEGBTI said:
    But not how it has to be. 
    What's the alternative?