San Diego May 3 COVID-19 Protocols

13»

Comments

• AW124797 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    My take. I cant control others, just cant. Virus is here to stay. I take personal responsibility in how I see fit, and move on. Close thread imo.
    Just another pissing match. Do what works for you and what you can live with. That's how it is and how it is going to be.
    But not how it has to be. 
    What's the alternative? 
    Why would there be only one?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    I just called, questioning them about entrance protocols mostly.  For example, I found out there are no GA gates...anyone can enter any gate, and if you have someone else's ticket on your phone, due to the floating barcode, you'll need to enter together.

And even though I knew the answer I did ask and it was confirmed that there is no vax or negative test requirement.  Regarding the masks - CDPH does not require anyone to wear a mask indoors for mega events, but strangely enough, on their website, Viejas does officially state that if you are unvax'd you have to wear a mask.  Good luck with enforcing that right?

So long story short, if you want to wear a mask (whether you're vax'd or unvax'd) then by all means do it.  But nobody will be checking anyone's medical card to make sure you can enter without a mask on. 

I will be there, unvax'd, and unmasked, and if anyone has a problem with that, then perhaps you should stay home (or wear another mask or don't crowd into the front of GA).  And if you think I am more of an a-hole for that statement versus the people who say, "stay home if you're not vax'd," then you're simply 100% wrong.
    Guess this didn’t age well.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,311
    I just called, questioning them about entrance protocols mostly.  For example, I found out there are no GA gates...anyone can enter any gate, and if you have someone else's ticket on your phone, due to the floating barcode, you'll need to enter together.

And even though I knew the answer I did ask and it was confirmed that there is no vax or negative test requirement.  Regarding the masks - CDPH does not require anyone to wear a mask indoors for mega events, but strangely enough, on their website, Viejas does officially state that if you are unvax'd you have to wear a mask.  Good luck with enforcing that right?

So long story short, if you want to wear a mask (whether you're vax'd or unvax'd) then by all means do it.  But nobody will be checking anyone's medical card to make sure you can enter without a mask on. 

I will be there, unvax'd, and unmasked, and if anyone has a problem with that, then perhaps you should stay home (or wear another mask or don't crowd into the front of GA).  And if you think I am more of an a-hole for that statement versus the people who say, "stay home if you're not vax'd," then you're simply 100% wrong.
    How so? Are we thinking Jeff and MC caught this from fans in attendance? Pretty sure they were “socially distanced” from the crowd. 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144

Oh yea you're an a-hole for sure lol 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    nicknyr15 said:

How so? Are we thinking Jeff and MC caught this from fans in attendance? Pretty sure they were “socially distanced” from the crowd. 
    Of course it came from the crowd.  Social distance is a myth.  The virus is aerosolized which means it travels indoors to its heart’s content.  The 6 foot thing applies to larger droplets that traditional viruses spread in.  Total false sense of security.  This simple difference explains so much and there has been general ignorance of it all along even though it has been known since a month or so into the pandemic.  Throw on a mask and don’t exhale or inhale it.  Pretty simple.  Just inconvenient.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,311
    nicknyr15 said:

Of course it came from the crowd.  Social distance is a myth.  The virus is aerosolized which means it travels indoors to its heart’s content.  The 6 foot thing applies to larger droplets that traditional viruses spread in.  Total false sense of security.  This simple difference explains so much and there has been general ignorance of it all along even though it has been known since a month or so into the pandemic.  Throw on a mask and don’t exhale or inhale it.  Pretty simple.  Just inconvenient.
    Doesn’t sound simple to me.