psst...4/10/22

Comments

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    PB11041 said:
    They are all coke bottle tinted in the first batch.  There were no truly clear.  Expect this batch to be the same.
    I actually preferred the coke bottle.  Totally clear vinyl is a lot more boring to look at. I was kind of surprised people were disappointed with the color 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    PB11041 said:
    They are all coke bottle tinted in the first batch.  There were no truly clear.  Expect this batch to be the same.
    I actually preferred the coke bottle.  Totally clear vinyl is a lot more boring to look at. I was kind of surprised people were disappointed with the color 
    Totally clear matches the aesthetic of the album, it is not really a big deal, at the end of the day I listen to my vinyl.  The colored variants dont do much for me but No Code is a special record, so for whatever reason to me the clear seemed to work.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    ryanphishes said:yes
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...
    Well after the no hesitation purchase I read the description a few times. Quite possible it's just a few boxes leftover from the previous batch. The description in the newsletter can be read a few different ways.
    It’s already a reissue (the original pressing of the clear).  I would assume no matter
    if it’s a few leftover boxes or a new print run it’s the “same” reissue of the previous one.

lots of records are in print for decades and each new print run doesn’t necessarily make it a completely separate edition. Sometimes the runout numbers change to indicate a different variant but it’s still rolled up into the same edition.  Unless the mastering or the packaging substantially changes which I doubt,  it’s probably the same 
    Exactly!

When it went onsale last June it was called a reissue in the newsletter, because it was then and still is.
    To be clear :) I'm not questioning whether it's a reissue or not, it clearly is :) and I have no doubt it will be identical to the clear ones already out there. I was merely wondering whether or not they pressed more or if its just ones leftover from last year.
    I get that.  It’s more the chatter online about it being a “reissue” as if that somehow makes it different to the other reissue.

absolutely not directed at you. Just an add on to your comment 
    That's cool, I just thought you'd misunderstood my comment. Quite common to use the same stampers for repressings and for there to be no difference. 

I'm absolutely amazed theyve stayed up for sale so long. This was a $200 record last month. Just shows you that a lot of people are only interested if it's limited. Don't really think I need another copy of this since my 96 and 2016 ones are fine but just didn't want to regret it.
    Collectors find a way. There will be something differentiating them and the first one being seen as "more worth" - the slight difference in tint of the vinyl, the difference in the CMYK colour tones on the cover or the run-outnumber. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...
    Well after the no hesitation purchase I read the description a few times. Quite possible it's just a few boxes leftover from the previous batch. The description in the newsletter can be read a few different ways.
    It’s already a reissue (the original pressing of the clear).  I would assume no matter
    if it’s a few leftover boxes or a new print run it’s the “same” reissue of the previous one.

lots of records are in print for decades and each new print run doesn’t necessarily make it a completely separate edition. Sometimes the runout numbers change to indicate a different variant but it’s still rolled up into the same edition.  Unless the mastering or the packaging substantially changes which I doubt,  it’s probably the same 
    Exactly!

When it went onsale last June it was called a reissue in the newsletter, because it was then and still is.
    To be clear :) I'm not questioning whether it's a reissue or not, it clearly is :) and I have no doubt it will be identical to the clear ones already out there. I was merely wondering whether or not they pressed more or if its just ones leftover from last year.
    I get that.  It’s more the chatter online about it being a “reissue” as if that somehow makes it different to the other reissue.

That's cool, I just thought you'd misunderstood my comment. Quite common to use the same stampers for repressings and for there to be no difference. 

I'm absolutely amazed theyve stayed up for sale so long. This was a $200 record last month. Just shows you that a lot of people are only interested if it's limited. Don't really think I need another copy of this since my 96 and 2016 ones are fine but just didn't want to regret it.
    Collectors find a way. There will be something differentiating them and the first one being seen as "more worth" - the slight difference in tint of the vinyl, the difference in the CMYK colour tones on the cover or the run-outnumber. 
    I really like what the RHCP did.  They are almost all limited but enough variants they weren’t hard to get so no one really should have been shut out of getting one.

You can still have your limited green vinyl and someone else can have one of the other ten colors and they are all limited 

sure some may be worth more but everyone also had a chance to get one of them before they sold out.

if the new run of No Code has a sticker or something on the shrink wrap saying clear vinyl or something it’ll probably be worth more. Otherwise your right a change in the runout or something someone will find a difference to value them different 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,207
    Surprised this is still available.  They must have pressed a ton of them this time. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • kenkkenk Posts: 213
    JojoRice said:
    Surprised this is still available.  They must have pressed a ton of them this time. 

I doubt they went too crazy. It is set so anyone who got one last time can't get another one again this time (I'm sure a bunch of people would). And it is still members only thankfully.

Is this the first 10C exclusive color that has gotten repressed like this? I couldn't recall any others other than when they just find more old stock to sell like the Mad Season LPs a few years ago.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited April 2022
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Exactly!

I really like what the RHCP did.  They are almost all limited but enough variants they weren’t hard to get so no one really should have been shut out of getting one.

You can still have your limited green vinyl and someone else can have one of the other ten colors and they are all limited 

sure some may be worth more but everyone also had a chance to get one of them before they sold out.

if the new run of No Code has a sticker or something on the shrink wrap saying clear vinyl or something it’ll probably be worth more. Otherwise your right a change in the runout or something someone will find a difference to value them different 
    Colored vinyl should be used and decided by the art director if wanted/needed to strengthen the overall art direction. Like every option surrounding the visual packaging/content should. 

Not just to throw out random colors to maximise sales. It's cynical into its core. 

PINKSPLATTERED RIOT ACT TARGET EXCLUSIVE
    PEARCOLORED CLOUDY RIOT ACT BESTBUY EXLUSIVE 

COME AND BUY!

Get rid of that practice, music industry.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,112
    For the most part I agree. Color vinyl should tie into album art or theme.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,880
    bobasfeet said:
    Still waiting on that Glacier White Gigaton variant!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,112
    a5pj said:
    bobasfeet said:
    Still waiting on that Glacier White Gigaton variant!
    I mean that would look cool.  B)
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    Black actually fits, since the melting glaciers signify doom and darkness for all life on this planet.
    Happy Monday!
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 664
    Does anyone know where these are pressed?
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited April 2022
    DJ253147 said:
    Does anyone know where these are pressed?
    In-house LOL. I believe the previous were done at MPO but really we won't know until they arrive and someone actually opens one. Shipping label has been printed.
  • DJ253147DJ253147 Posts: 664
    Thanks! I also should have asked how the sound quality is on the first batch?
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,159
    DC29940 said:
    Loujoe said:
    kramer73 said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Was trying to establish if they just pressed more of last years release or if it was just leftovers. Don't expect any difference but whether it was overrun or a repress would probably be significantly different in terms of numbers.
    They find extras all the time.  
    They were in Stone's basement.
    “Hey look! A pallet of clear No Codes.”
    They’ve been hiding behind the coffee mugs all this time 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Posts: 731
    people scored some nice trades off of these! hard to believe it's still available
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • rb173565rb173565 Posts: 107
    DC29940 said:
    Loujoe said:
    kramer73 said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Was trying to establish if they just pressed more of last years release or if it was just leftovers. Don't expect any difference but whether it was overrun or a repress would probably be significantly different in terms of numbers.
    They find extras all the time.  
    They were in Stone's basement.
    “Hey look! A pallet of clear No Codes.”
    i'm pretty sure its the accountants that find the extras! didn't they find 60 album box sets about 3 months after they sold the whole 5/600 that it was limited to. Hey we're $18,000 short in takings this month....... oh yeah look what we found. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,240
    Still available! :o

demetrios said:

How is this even possible. This was a $200 record last month. How did everyone not jump on this for fear of missing out again. Must have been a fairly big repress.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,382
    FR181798 said:
    Must have been a fairly big repress.
    I'm starting to think that the initial run was supposed to be this large, but due to COVID and supply chain issues, that the plant was only able to fulfill like 10% of the order initially.
    edited April 2022
    Travelar said:
    FR181798 said:
    Must have been a fairly big repress.
    I'm starting to think that the initial run was supposed to be this large, but due to COVID and supply chain issues, that the plant was only able to fulfill like 10% of the order initially.
    Maybe but it was a 10c exclusive so cant imagine the run would be huge otherwise they could be stuck with them for a while and I don't think they like going along those lines. Think how many copies of Rearviewmirror they have sold on vinyl recently and you can't imagine it was anything close to that.

Overseas buyers probably put off by the shipping and probably mainly US buyers not able to buy a 2nd copy.
    demetrios said:

• goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,471
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

…and yet I still can’t decide whether or not to buy it
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,986
    Tough choice. Unique thing, other than clear, is it has all 9 Polaroids.  

I'd vote 'buy it'
  • goldrush said:
    demetrios said:
    demetrios said:

…and yet I still can’t decide whether or not to buy it
    It's doubtful that you will regret having it in your collection....on the other hand, when it sells out you will likely be filled with regret until your dying day...
    Don't know if that helps in the decision making process but happy to pass along my neurosis.....
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,500
    I put it in my basket. Said  yes then asked  to cancel.  It was the  postage i couldn't  afford it and i knew it. So did the  sensible thing  and cancelled 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    I put it in my basket. Said  yes then asked  to cancel.  It was the  postage i couldn't  afford it and i knew it. So did the  sensible thing  and cancelled 

How much was shipping?
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,500
    With tax i think total was $75 then i thought i will pay again when it comes in the UK. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • With tax i think total was $75 then i thought i will pay again when it comes in the UK. 
    In case it helps, there's no additional tax when it arrives in the UK as it is all paid upfront in the $75 now
  • Crazy to me that this is still available after all the noise made when it sold out last time so quickly. Hope that at least means everyone who wants one now has one.