psst...4/10/22

Comments

• FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Re-reissue...
    Well after the no hesitation purchase I read the description a few times. Quite possible it's just a few boxes leftover from the previous batch. The description in the newsletter can be read a few different ways.
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    I’ve got a question? How many colour 10 c editions are there? I’m a bit confused. I see a green version of it and a clear version. 
    Never heard of a green version. Bootleg?
    I mean, a no code coke version and a clear version. That’s 2 different version’s that are released by 10 c?
  • I’ve got a question? How many colour 10 c editions are there? I’m a bit confused. I see a green version of it and a clear version. 
    Never heard of a green version. Bootleg?
    I mean, a no code coke version and a clear version. That’s 2 different version’s that are released by 10 c?
    The clear version that went on sale and sold out last year ended up looking more coke bottle clear / green tint.    

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

So,there’s one clear version? Just to be sure? By the way,thanks for the information 
  • So,there’s one clear version? Just to be sure? By the way,thanks for the information 
    Only one version and every photo I’ve seen on Instagram etc. suggests they were all coke bottle.   

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,118
    edited April 2022
    So,there’s one clear version? Just to be sure? By the way,thanks for the information 
    The text in the shop infer that clearly points to this being the same version, color wise. And the former one had the same transparent color on the promo shots. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Only one version and every photo I’ve seen on Instagram etc. suggests they were all coke bottle.   
    Thanks!!
    So, would these "new ones" be available if only the "lets just be content with whatever they do"-wing of the fanbase would exist?

Or can having an opinion that goes against the actions of the club actually make a difference for the better?

Let's discuss in groups.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...
    Well after the no hesitation purchase I read the description a few times. Quite possible it's just a few boxes leftover from the previous batch. The description in the newsletter can be read a few different ways.
    It’s already a reissue (the original pressing of the clear).  I would assume no matter
    if it’s a few leftover boxes or a new print run it’s the “same” reissue of the previous one.

lots of records are in print for decades and each new print run doesn’t necessarily make it a completely separate edition. Sometimes the runout numbers change to indicate a different variant but it’s still rolled up into the same edition.  Unless the mastering or the packaging substantially changes which I doubt,  it’s probably the same 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Snagged one this time…lucky I was bored on a Sunday.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,112
    edited April 2022

Is this analog only? Reading stories online of some digital members being able to purchase and others denied and said they must upgrade to analog membership. Edit: snagged that photo off Reddit.
    Post edited by bobasfeet on
  • So these like the black repress all have the different lyrics in who you are right? Only the OG has the original lyrics right?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...
    It’s already a reissue (the original pressing of the clear).  I would assume no matter
    if it’s a few leftover boxes or a new print run it’s the “same” reissue of the previous one.

lots of records are in print for decades and each new print run doesn’t necessarily make it a completely separate edition. Sometimes the runout numbers change to indicate a different variant but it’s still rolled up into the same edition.  Unless the mastering or the packaging substantially changes which I doubt,  it’s probably the same 
    Was trying to establish if they just pressed more of last years release or if it was just leftovers. Don't expect any difference but whether it was overrun or a repress would probably be significantly different in terms of numbers.
    edited April 2022
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Was trying to establish if they just pressed more of last years release or if it was just leftovers. Don't expect any difference but whether it was overrun or a repress would probably be significantly different in terms of numbers.
    I really hope they secured a separate run.  It looks better.  I remember everyone being really mad when it sold out the first time.  If they were sitting on boxes this whole time then thats not great 

it’s been in the shop long enough. It seems there are quite a few 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    edited April 2022
    So these like the black repress all have the different lyrics in who you are right? Only the OG has the original lyrics right?
    Yes.

Dumb mistake to not correct.

But hey, they also release the Brendan OBrien Ten-mix with the original art instead of the sepia-toned re release art. 

So music historical integrity doesn't seem to be priority no 1. 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • So these like the black repress all have the different lyrics in who you are right? Only the OG has the original lyrics right?
    Yes.

Dumb mistake to not correct.

But hey, they also release the Brendan OBrien Ten-mix with the original art instead of the sepia-toned re release art. 

So music historical integrity doesn't seem to be priority no 1. 
    Agree, but I like it. Adds to the story and keeps the OG pressings different.  Just like RVM, the original was 4 lps and the reissue is 2x2.  Intentional or not, I like how they’re not identical
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Exactly!

When it went onsale last June it was called a reissue in the newsletter, because it was then and still is.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

ryanphishes said:yes
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Exactly!

When it went onsale last June it was called a reissue in the newsletter, because it was then and still is.
    To be clear :) I'm not questioning whether it's a reissue or not, it clearly is :) and I have no doubt it will be identical to the clear ones already out there. I was merely wondering whether or not they pressed more or if its just ones leftover from last year.
  • Is this the same version as last years clear version- a “leftover’ or is this a new press? 
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,610
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

They find extras all the time.  
    edited April 2022
    kramer73 said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Never to my knowledge to the extent that they can put it in the newsletter lol.

Also, the text in the shop "Due to overwhelming demand, the Ten Club was able to secure additional pressings of the clear No Code reissue vinyl" obviously states this is another press.
    kramer73 said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Never to my knowledge to the extent that they can put it in the newsletter lol.

Also, the text in the shop "Due to overwhelming demand, the Ten Club was able to secure additional pressings of the clear No Code reissue vinyl" obviously states this is another press.
    Well you are correct, I don't think it would make it into a newsletter if it was just a few leftover. Plus the fact it has lasted more than 10 minutes.

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,986
    kramer73 said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

They were in Stone's basement.
  • DC29940DC29940 Posts: 661
    Loujoe said:
    kramer73 said:
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

They were in Stone's basement.
    “Hey look! A pallet of clear No Codes.”
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Exactly!

To be clear :) I'm not questioning whether it's a reissue or not, it clearly is :) and I have no doubt it will be identical to the clear ones already out there. I was merely wondering whether or not they pressed more or if its just ones leftover from last year.
    I get that.  It’s more the chatter online about it being a “reissue” as if that somehow makes it different to the other reissue.

absolutely not directed at you. Just an add on to your comment 
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    edited April 2022
    So, would these "new ones" be available if only the "lets just be content with whatever they do"-wing of the fanbase would exist?

Or can having an opinion that goes against the actions of the club actually make a difference for the better?

Let's discuss in groups.
    Be careful.  I tried this week and was called a "sourpuss" and "obsessed"  B)
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    cmalisze said:

Let's discuss in groups.
    Be careful.  I tried this week and was called a "sourpuss" and "obsessed"  B)
    Truth hurts!!! 😜
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    FR181798 said:
    FR181798 said:
    Re-reissue...

Exactly!

I get that.  It’s more the chatter online about it being a “reissue” as if that somehow makes it different to the other reissue.

absolutely not directed at you. Just an add on to your comment 
    That's cool, I just thought you'd misunderstood my comment. Quite common to use the same stampers for repressings and for there to be no difference. 

I'm absolutely amazed theyve stayed up for sale so long. This was a $200 record last month. Just shows you that a lot of people are only interested if it's limited. Don't really think I need another copy of this since my 96 and 2016 ones are fine but just didn't want to regret it.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    They are all coke bottle tinted in the first batch.  There were no truly clear.  Expect this batch to be the same.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Bissy77Bissy77 Posts: 447
    So to be clear, if someone purchased the original sale of the clear No Code, they cannot purchase this one?  And it is the same thing?

CLEAR VINYL EDITION- Limited Edition/Ten Club only

Available to Members who have not previously purchased this item.

Limit 1 per eligible Member while supplies last.

MLPS: 6-30-98 ; East Troy: 10-8-00 ; St. Paul: 6-16-03 ; East Troy: 6-21-03 ; Camden: 7-5-03 ; Grand Rapids: 10-3-04 ; Thunder Bay: 9-9-05 ; East Rutherford: 6-1-06; East Rutherford: 6-3-06 ; St. Paul: 6-26-06 ; St. Paul: 6-27-06, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, EV MLPS 7-2-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-3-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-4-11; Wrigley 7-19-13, St Paul 10-19-14; Wrigley 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18; EV NY 2-4-22