Options

Fan to Fan Ticket Exchange

Comments

• Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 350
    Poncier said:
    Curious why TM is collecting tax info for F2F when you can only sell for face. You therefore by definition cannot be making a profit, so you would not be paying any income tax.
    I can understand it when folks sell tix for profit, but this is just recouping your original cost.
    Probably just an automated program for anyone who relists tix on their platform, but in this particular case it's unwarranted, and like cutz said, I'd be leery of giving TM my SS#.

Because its required as part of the American Rescue Plan. #PayYourFairShare
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,249
    Advice for those in the east... if you are still in the back, uppers or rear. I would F2F your tickets now if you plan to upgrade.. I realize that the sample size is CA but most likely when the shows get closer there will be so many ticket dumps and better F2F dropping all the time, you may get stuck holding your old tickets. I upgraded my SDs, thinking its been close to 100% sold for a long time and had only about 40 premiums just before the F2F. I put mine up a week ago, Sec C row 20, not bad seats and In the Best seats available list never dropped below 10th. TM has dropped and sold 100s of previous Premiums and new face values in better locations that mine are still not sold. I might have to eat them of F2F my upgraded seats and sit in the Cs .. Just an observation. 
    My 10C SD tickets finally sold- Got Sec C r 20, in the lottery ... A Fellow 10er dropped Sec G R7.. posted the Sec C a week ago and at the time they were 4th best/price available .. never made it higher and fell to 10th, this AM they finally sold. I guess after all the closer drops are gone and people getting upgrades and dropping their old seats slows down, tickets a little further back finally go. 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    I’m not a fan of giving my SSN to TM, or any company for that matter, but the data breach risk is no greater than any other company or bank that any of us have credit cards with or have utilized for financing (all of which have our SSN). Still sucks. 
  • Options
    brarblebrarble Posts: 19
    Poncier said:
    Curious why TM is collecting tax info for F2F when you can only sell for face. You therefore by definition cannot be making a profit, so you would not be paying any income tax.
    I can understand it when folks sell tix for profit, but this is just recouping your original cost.
    Probably just an automated program for anyone who relists tix on their platform, but in this particular case it's unwarranted, and like cutz said, I'd be leery of giving TM my SS#.

So... pay nothing? A "fair share" of a transaction that netted 0 dollars is 0 dollars.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    These were gone couple days ago... now have reappeared at much lower price.. just barely over face. 
  • Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 350
    brarble said:
    Poncier said:

So... pay nothing? A "fair share" of a transaction that netted 0 dollars is 0 dollars.

TM is required to follow the law which is to report all funds paid out to the IRS (in the form of a 1099). The obligation to prove whether a "net 0" took place falls on the recipient of those funds - Joe Taxpayer . Take a wild guess why that is.
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,249
    all the uppers directly behind the stage for both OAK shows now seem to be NFS./ 
  • Options
    Is this 121 in TO legit? I thought I saw someone say something about that. It was there 2 days ago then disappeared but still there. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,549
    Is this 121 in TO legit? I thought I saw someone say something about that. It was there 2 days ago then disappeared but still there. 
    There's something wrong with it. If you try to check out, there's an error message and you get a charge then reversal on your card. At least so far
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    There's something wrong with it. If you try to check out, there's an error message and you get a charge then reversal on your card. At least so far
    Thanks! Wanted to get them but I’ll wait.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,520
    SHZA said:
    I don’t have E-access to my credit card account.  I’ve tried for these tickets many times! Hoping I don’t have thousands of $ in charges and reversals! I guess it’s ok as long as always reversed.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JF110284JF110284 Posts: 41
    edited April 2022
    Listing my tix for Oakland 1 and 2 on F2F today around noon PT.

Section 122 for night 1.

Section 115 for night 2 (10c tix).

Breaks my heart to post these. Hope a 10er gets ‘em
    Post edited by JF110284 on
    2003 - Santa Barbara
    2005 - Vancouver
    2006 - San Diego, Los Angeles I & II, Santa Barbara
    2008 - Mansfield II, Westwood (VH1 Honors the Who)
    2009 - Universal City III
    2013 - Los Angeles I & II
  • Options
    I posted this elsewhere but I have GA floor tickets to the San Diego show, but won't be able to go due to a broken foot.  I want to give my tickets to my sister, who isn't a fan club member.  Is there any way to do this legitimately or is this not allowed?  
  • Options
    iamloco724iamloco724 Brooklyn NY Posts: 1,441
    I posted this elsewhere but I have GA floor tickets to the San Diego show, but won't be able to go due to a broken foot.  I want to give my tickets to my sister, who isn't a fan club member.  Is there any way to do this legitimately or is this not allowed?  
    If it's your sister just give her your ticketmaster sign in information and that's it. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,603
    Have her download the Ticketmaster app on her phone and give her your password.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Take her phone, sign into ticketmaster, save tickets to phone's wallet, sign out. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    SHZA said:
    Take her phone, sign into ticketmaster, save tickets to phone's wallet, sign out. 
    I think this is another good alternative. But my OCD would want me to have access to the TM account in case there was a foul up at the door with the Apple wallet.  Then I could at least open the TM app and access the tickets that way as a last resort. Belt and suspenders. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,252
    We really could use a juicy drop in The Pooch back east or Canada!
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    I think this is another good alternative. But my OCD would want me to have access to the TM account in case there was a foul up at the door with the Apple wallet.  Then I could at least open the TM app and access the tickets that way as a last resort. Belt and suspenders. 
    In the highly unlikely case that the wallet failed you could call/text for the password but my OCD doesn't want someone signed into my TM account where I have tickets to like 20 other shows 
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Have been on TM all morning trying to decide on Vegas seats while waiting on friends to confirm.

Earlier, like an hour ago there were many Exchange seats available but are now completely gone.   Was there a deadline on these>
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Have been on TM all morning trying to decide on Vegas seats while waiting on friends to confirm.

Earlier, like an hour ago there were many Exchange seats available but are now completely gone.   Was there a deadline on these>
    I don't recall seeing any deadline
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    JojoRice said:

Hmmm.   They just, like disappeared!!

Even tried a different device to check. Cant find anything on the TM site about it either.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    JojoRice said:

Even tried a different device to check. Cant find anything on the TM site about it either.
    Disappeared for all the shows, I think.. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,520
    I think TM is up to some shenanigans.  LA1 availability dropped like a stone the last couple hours.  No way all those tix were sold since yesterday.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JojoRice said:

Just looked and they aren't popping up for me either.  Maybe they are doing an update or something. 

• Options
    SHZA said:
    on2legs said:
    SHZA said:
    In the highly unlikely case that the wallet failed you could call/text for the password but my OCD doesn't want someone signed into my TM account where I have tickets to like 20 other shows 
    👍🏻

• Options
    I think TM is up to some shenanigans.  LA1 availability dropped like a stone the last couple hours.  No way all those tix were sold since yesterday.  
    Got to be.  

• Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,226
    Looks like Verified Fan is just down across Ticketmaster again.  It did the same thing last Thursday or Friday i think.  It came back off and on for a while, then work again after what seemed like 12 hours or so.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I've got F2F tickets listed for LA1 in section 132 and they arent showing up either.  They show up under "My Listings" under my account but not on the actual LA1 ticket page. 
    Post edited by JojoRice on

• Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    Dear TM F2F:
    Congratulations On Your Epic Fail GIF - The Office Ed Helms Andy Bernard -  Discover  Share GIFs
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
This discussion has been closed.