Options

*** 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP ***

Comments

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

'It's too small a country. Football and the World Cup are too big for that," Blatter,  who was acquitted of corruption last summer , told Tages-Anzeiger . “The choice for Qatar was a mistake. At the time, we agreed in the executive committee that Russia would have the 2018 World Cup and the US that of 2022. That would have been a gesture of peace if two long-standing political opponents would organize the World Cup one after the other.'

"A week before the 2010 FIFA congress, Michel Platini called me to say that our plan would not work," Blatter recalls the period in which Qatar was awarded the World Cup. He was invited to the palace of President Sarkozy who had just had lunch with the Crown Prince of Qatar. Sarkozy told Platini: ' Look what you and your UEFA colleagues can do for Qatar when the World Cup is awarded.' I then asked him: what now?'

Sepp, what would you do if your president asked you for something? ' I then told him that the question didn't occur to me because we don't have a president in Switzerland. It turned out exactly like this: thanks to Platini's four votes, the World Cup went to Qatar instead of the United States. That is the truth.'

“Of course it was also about money. Six months later, Qatar bought fighter jets from the French for $14.6 billion.'

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,512
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,288

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
  • Options
    goldrush said:

Facts
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Odd full stop i live in london and i wouldn't  bother  going to stand and watch them get on a bus. Over paid primadona . Who will never win anything.  England  is a football hype machine built up to fail. 
    Fair play to them though. Looks like they are having fun.  
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Odd full stop i live in london and i wouldn't  bother  going to stand and watch them get on a bus. Over paid primadona . Who will never win anything.  England  is a football hype machine built up to fail. 
    I think this about USA's team every year.  In 2006 they were robbed, but every other year they stink or are just ok.

This year?  We actually have a star on the damn team so let's see.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    I think this about USA's team every year.  In 2006 they were robbed, but every other year they stink or are just ok.

Will still stink.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!
    Ha.  I love watching good ⚽️ and I will certainly root for the US, but dude....we have to celebrate (wildly) if we get to the round of 16.  We stink.  Always have, relative to the rest of the world.
  • Options

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!
    Ha.  I love watching good ⚽️ and I will certainly root for the US, but dude....we have to celebrate (wildly) if we get to the round of 16.  We stink.  Always have, relative to the rest of the world.

Getting out of the group is the expectation, not a cause for celebrating wildly. 
  • Options

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!
    Jumb0 said:

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!

Getting out of the group is the expectation, not a cause for celebrating wildly. 
    2006-2014 we did OK.  Like I said that 2006 team was going to do things, they had a lot of grit to them.
  • Options
    I wouldnt call pulisic a star. 
    He cant get in  a prem team. 
    But workmen make a team not stars.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!
    Jumb0 said:

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!

2006-2014 we did OK.  Like I said that 2006 team was going to do things, they had a lot of grit to them.

2002 was a great run. They outplayed Germany in the quarterfinals- I remember some of the German players falling to the ground when the whistle blew.
  • Options
    eddiec said:

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!
    Jumb0 said:

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!

2002 was a great run. They outplayed Germany in the quarterfinals- I remember some of the German players falling to the ground when the whistle blew.
    I remember 06 being like that.  The game against the Italians was actually bloody.  Italy went on to win it that year and that French player with the Z name head budded the chest of that Italian and the best flop I'd seen in a while came from that.

If a call or two went in favor of USA rather than neglected, that World Cup would have been much different.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!

Prepare yourself for disappointment 

• Options
    Manè now out for senegal
     Thats a massive loss 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    no Beer
    no Sexy Time

no Fun
  • Options
    No gays 
    No women
    Slave labour

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,167
    No gays 
    No women
    Slave labour

all true & pathetic

also that russia got an olympic games & world cup....reminds you of another bs games in the 1930s
  • Options
    FIFA might be the only organization worse than Ticketmaster 
  • Options
    Its a sad situation  all round
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Jumb0 said:
    FIFA might be the only organization worse than Ticketmaster 
    The Olympics committee sometimes is right there too.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Jumb0 said:

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!

Realistically I am not sure there are any expectations on the team going into this.  They weren't in the last WC, they played poorly in the most recent tune ups and they are the youngest team in the tournament.  Getting out of the group would be a HUGE step in the right direction
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!

Realistically I am not sure there are any expectations on the team going into this.  They weren't in the last WC, they played poorly in the most recent tune ups and they are the youngest team in the tournament.  Getting out of the group would be a HUGE step in the right direction
    Agree.
  • Options
    Maybe it's a year or two too early but we have talent. It will be a disappointment if we don't make it out of the group.
    Say what you want about those 2 friendlies but Wales has been in much worse form and hasn't won a game since they beat Ukraine to qualify for the WC. 
  • Options
    If you go by the world rankings, Group B is a really tight group. England are the obvious favourites for the group, but USA are 16th, Wales 19th and Iran 20th so there isn’t much between them.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Maybe it's a year or two too early but we have talent. It will be a disappointment if we don't make it out of the group.
    Say what you want about those 2 friendlies but Wales has been in much worse form and hasn't won a game since they beat Ukraine to qualify for the WC. 
    It’s our first time at a WC for 64 years. We may be the underdogs but honestly, I’m already celebrating!

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,480
    soccer, at the lowest level of kids kicking a ball around, is fine. at the highest level, I don’t care for it….prima donnas and fans acting like it’s the end of the world. add qatar to that…..pass.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16