Options

*** 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP ***

Comments

• Options
    I know everyone wants to see Argentina and France but man Morocco has been a surprise.  Good for them even if they don't advance.  Taking out CR7 and crew.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530
    Somebody just beat France - is it really a sport if France wins the World Cup?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    They are defending champs! What do you mean is it really a sport?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I want morroco for sure . Ive enjoyed how they play. Not at all boring
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Gosh can't anyone get a little joke?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I got it.  Some people forget that France was the brunt of all jokes...
  • Options
    Yeah. You'd think us Americans would appreciate them helping us beat the British back in the Revolutionary War.

Anyway, I heard they just surrendered.

• Options
    Yeah. You'd think us Americans would appreciate them helping us beat the British back in the Revolutionary War.

Anyway, I heard they just surrendered.

Laurence Fishburne Morpheus - Imgflip
  • Options
    Sorry I def didn’t get the joke all good! 
    France up 1 on Morocco 
  • Options
    Sorry I def didn’t get the joke all good! 
    France up 1 on Morocco 
    Should be France vs Arg.

It'll be good either way.
  • Options
    Dear lord I don't remember mbappe being this much of a flopper?  Who's worse, Him or Neymar?
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,311
    Morocco played really well, even after the goals they kept going.
    Should be a good final, will France wreck the Messi dream?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    Morocco played really well, even after the goals they kept going.
    Should be a good final, will France wreck the Messi dream?
    Nope.  Argentina will win.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,350
    edited December 2022
    goldrush said: Will France wreck the Messi dream?
    Absolutely: Because they're a team and not a one-man show! :peace:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    I think your underestimating how much the younger players want to win the cup for him! They are firing on all cylinders going into Sunday’s game but still I don’t take anything away from France they are a great team.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,311
    I really want Messi to win it so we can end the Messi/Ronaldo debate once and for all. I've got nothing against CR7 or what he's achieved (even though his recent tantrums are tarnishing his legacy), but seriously it's not even close.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Pap said:
    I think you’re underestimating how much the younger players want to win the cup for him! They are firing on all cylinders going into Sunday’s game but still I don’t take anything away from France they are a great team.
    Exactly. Argentina is on a mission. That throttling of Croatia was telling, although let’s face it, Croatia was fortunate to advance as far as they did in this WC. 
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    I really want Messi to win it so we can end the Messi/Ronaldo debate once and for all. I've got nothing against CR7 or what he's achieved (even though his recent tantrums are tarnishing his legacy), but seriously it's not even close.
    Pap said:
    I think you’re underestimating how much the younger players want to win the cup for him! They are firing on all cylinders going into Sunday’s game but still I don’t take anything away from France they are a great team.
    Exactly. Argentina is on a mission. That throttling of Croatia was telling, although let’s face it, Croatia was fortunate to advance as far as they did in this WC. 
    Agreed on both points here ^^^^
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    France v Argentina is a good matchup that everyone should enjoy. Rooting for Argentina - I consider them more deserving to be a 3-World Cup nation and be one behind Italy.

P.S. - I really wish that bicycle kick went in for Morocco!

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,234
    Best moment of entire world cup, Amateur hour

https://youtube.com/shorts/_EjWLcPB83s?feature=share

• Options
    its like DORF goes the world cup  =)
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,547
    Pap said:
    I think your underestimating how much the younger players want to win the cup for him! They are firing on all cylinders going into Sunday’s game but still I don’t take anything away from France they are a great team.
    He is not alone at all this time..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,350
    23scidoo said:
    Pap said:
    I know they have talent and everything, but you've all just admitted that they're a whole team working for one player. I don't like that
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options

• Options
    Pap said:
    23scidoo said:
    Pap said:
    I know they have talent and everything, but you've all just admitted that they're a whole team working for one player. I don't like that
    The whole Yankees team wanted Aaron Judge to hit 62 HR's.  They would do whatever it took to help him do that.  It's ok for a team to rally for something, anything to keep focused.
  • Options
    Pap said:
    23scidoo said:
    Pap said:
    I’m pretty sure they would want to win the WC either way. They aren’t working for one player,  it’s just having a little something extra. Being a part of something special, helping fill out Messi’s resume. It’s all that remains 
  • Options
    Pap said:
    23scidoo said:
    Pap said:
    I’m pretty sure they would want to win the WC either way. They aren’t working for one player,  it’s just having a little something extra. Being a part of something special, helping fill out Messi’s resume. It’s all that remains 
    That’s how I see it they are together working for that! Messi wouldn’t be in this game tomorrow if his goalie doesn’t stop those two Dutch penalties shots! 
  • Options
    Yayyyyyyyy

fuckkkkkkkk

🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Fun start