Options

*** 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP ***

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,470
    It was a great game !!

A shame one team had to lose, and for it to end on PK's. Though, was glad to see Argentina win.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    What a game! What a tournament game for the ages Messi was superb but now it’s Mbappe to lead the soccer world! What a special player only 23
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    What a game. What a tournament. So happy for Messi. 
  • Options
    In an odd coincidence, Canada has qualified twice for the WC, ‘86 and ‘22.  Argentina won them both. Canada is automatically in for ‘26 as a co-host. 

• Options
    Where is the guy who would rather watch hockey. ?
    That is football right there.
    Beat that
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Messi completed  football
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Really by far the best final match I can remember been watching WC tournaments since the 60’s 
  • Options
    Beat that
    Well in all honesty, there is one hockey game I witnessed in my life that would beat what we just saw. Canada vs. USSR in the ‘87 Canada Cup. Game full of HOFers (Gretzky, Lemieux, Larionov, Makarov, Fetisov, Krutov, Messier, Coffey, Bourque, Fuhr, Anderson, etc). That game may never be topped for me, but I am Canadian and we won 6-5 with Gretzky setting up Lemieux for the winner with 1:24 left. 

If this game doesn’t turn you into a football fan, nothing will. Better than any Grey Cup, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup final, or other World Cup game I’ve ever seen. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,234
    Congrats Argentina & Messi

u guys earned it 

is it me or does the Argentine goalie have a lil De Niro in taxi driver vibe to him. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

u guys earned it 

is it me or does the Argentine goalie have a lil De Niro in taxi driver vibe to him. 
    Totally what he did with that hand trophy was weird as shit! My wife turned to me and said there’s something wrong with that player lol 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

u guys earned it 

Totally what he did with that hand trophy was weird as shit! My wife turned to me and said there’s something wrong with that player lol 
    All goalies are slightly off. It doesn’t matter what sport lol
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

u guys earned it 

Just needs the Mohawk to be 100% legit

he’s kooky
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Beat that
    Well in all honesty, there is one hockey game I witnessed in my life that would beat what we just saw. Canada vs. USSR in the ‘87 Canada Cup. Game full of HOFers (Gretzky, Lemieux, Larionov, Makarov, Fetisov, Krutov, Messier, Coffey, Bourque, Fuhr, Anderson, etc). That game may never be topped for me, but I am Canadian and we won 6-5 with Gretzky setting up Lemieux for the winner with 1:24 left. 

If this game doesn’t turn you into a football fan, nothing will. Better than any Grey Cup, Super Bowl, Stanley Cup final, or other World Cup game I’ve ever seen. 
    Except it ended in a clown show way,  penalty kicks is no way to end such an incredible game. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

u guys earned it 

Just needs the Mohawk to be 100% legit

he’s kooky
    😂😂😂 there was a stage full of diplomatic personnel and he does that lol was there a king on stage no? 
  • Options

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    Fucking hilarious 
  • Options
    Fucking hilarious 
    I was totally like wtf boy you’ve lost your mind! 🤣🤣
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Beat that

Except it ended in a clown show way,  penalty kicks is no way to end such an incredible game. 
    You can also look at it both teams gave it their all with added time two 15 minute extra time period is a lot of running! FIFA changed rules back in the 80’s I believe? 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    pjhawks said:
    Beat that

You can also look at it both teams gave it their all with added time two 15 minute extra time period is a lot of running! FIFA changed rules back in the 80’s I believe? 
    They did for sure but there were so many great plays late it sucked that it just stopped.  Wanted more 
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

u guys earned it 

All goalies are slightly off. It doesn’t matter what sport lol
    I was a hockey goalie and I approve this message.
  • Options
    Congrats Argentina.  This was the 2nd game where they blew a 2 nil lead and went to PK’s.

Was it entertaining?  Hell yeah.  Glad Messi got his.  He is now cemented on the Mt Rushmore of Soccer greats if not the greatest but Pele still is to me.

Mbappe is in that convo already at 23 also.

ref was great in this match.

Idiot goalie doing that in front of royalty and a country that usually imprisons you for that type of behavior.

Quatar bought a good one.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Beat that

I love the penalty kicks. The pressure, the psychological battle. 
  • Options
    Congrats Argentina.  This was the 2nd game where they blew a 2 nil lead and went to PK’s.

Was it entertaining?  Hell yeah.  Glad Messi got his.  He is now cemented on the Mt Rushmore of Soccer greats if not the greatest but Pele still is to me.

Mbappe is in that convo already at 23 also.

ref was great in this match.

Idiot goalie doing that in front of royalty and a country that usually imprisons you for that type of behavior.

Quatar bought a good one.
    Agreed! 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,547
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,547
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,311
    That will be remembered as one of the greatest World Cup matches of all time. Mbappe did his best to drag France back into it but Messi was not to be denied.

The undisputed GOAT. End of discussion.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    That will be remembered as one of the greatest World Cup matches of all time. Mbappe did his best to drag France back into it but Messi was not to be denied.

The undisputed GOAT. End of discussion.
    I’d go as far as saying it was the best championship final game of all time in any sport! I can’t think of a better game played not a Super Bowl , WS , Stanley cup final unless I’m missing one? 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530
    I had to listen to a lot on the radio but that 2nd Argentina goal was absolutely beautiful - yeah there isn't much in sports prettier than that. Happy for Argentina - they are a rich soccer nation and Messi deserved a World Cup. Also happy for my former Juve guy Paolo Dybala!

As for being the greatest sports event of all-time or whatever - maybe let's not get carried away. Especially ending in the lame PK's. Unfortunately it seems there is little will to change the rules. Free kicks just outside the zone (maybe wherever the kicking team wants? plus 30 seconds of potential attacking time - IDK) would be fun to do instead and get all 22 players involved. I'm not under any delusion you can make the teams play calcio for 3 hours or whatever.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    I wouldn't put it on the list of best ever championship games but that is a personal thing and soccer/football isn't on my top 4 of favorite sports so my bias is strong.  (Were this my #1 sport i probably would agree with it being best.) 
    However, I do enjoy the sport, love the fact that the world revered this tournament above all other events, and enjoyed amazing finish and some astonishing moments to view in TV.
    Golden goal is the way to go, for me

Props to Argentina and to their fans.  Great win.  

Was exciting for the world.

Oh, and 💩 on FIFA and Qatar in general.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,530

Oh, and 💩 on FIFA and Qatar in general.
    Also on Fox Sports for happily participating in the sports-washing campaign. Think about this: the radical religious government of Qatar literally financed the United States' coverage of the World Cup. They built their set, and paid for all of the Fox Sports staff to travel to Qatar. Not to mention flooding their airwaves with puff piece commercials (travel to Qatar! - ski in the desert, or whatever that was). It's just crazy.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16