Options

*** 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP ***

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    edited November 2022
    I like pie.
    All sorts of pie.
    Cherry, Apple, Raspberry, EDIT, etc...
    Maybe it means something different there.  ;)

Haha.  Had to edit, don't want to get banned for making a funny innuendo 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,173
    edited November 2022
    Haha.  Humble. Not fur
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    Haha.  Humble. Not fur
    Ha.
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Jumb0 said:
    Odd full stop i live in london and i wouldn't  bother  going to stand and watch them get on a bus. Over paid primadona . Who will never win anything.  England  is a football hype machine built up to fail. 
    Fair play to them though. Looks like they are having fun.  
    I think this about USA's team every year.  In 2006 they were robbed, but every other year they stink or are just ok.

This year?  We actually have a star on the damn team so let's see.
    Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!
    Ha.  I love watching good ⚽️ and I will certainly root for the US, but dude....we have to celebrate (wildly) if we get to the round of 16.  We stink.  Always have, relative to the rest of the world.

Getting out of the group is the expectation, not a cause for celebrating wildly. 
    Prepare yourself for disappointment 

I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED 
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,416
    So: ENG vs. SEN & USA vs. NED
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,618
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Odd full stop i live in london and i wouldn't  bother  going to stand and watch them get on a bus. Over paid primadona . Who will never win anything.  England  is a football hype machine built up to fail. 
    I think this about USA's team every year.  In 2006 they were robbed, but every other year they stink or are just ok.

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!
    Ha.  I love watching good ⚽️ and I will certainly root for the US, but dude....we have to celebrate (wildly) if we get to the round of 16.  We stink.  Always have, relative to the rest of the world.

Getting out of the group is the expectation, not a cause for celebrating wildly. 

I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED 
    ME EITHER...Though i clearly stated getting out of the group is a huge foundation for this team moving forward.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    Jumb0 said:

Will still stink.  
    Watch yo mouth!

I AM NOT DISAPPOINTED 
    ME EITHER...Though i clearly stated getting out of the group is a huge foundation for this team moving forward.
    Yeah the preparation was for anyone who felt the accomplishment today was expected.
    I'll go with the celebration that a country who largely ignores professional soccer can break and and be a part of the final 16 / knock out round.  

I'm glad you did not get disappointed.
  • Options
    1-0 hardly indicates this went as expected, to me.
    However, US team did not lose yet.  :)
    That is a good round 1.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,325
    England should beat Senegal without too much trouble. The US v Netherlands game will be a good one to watch.

I’m proud of Wales for qualifying, I didn’t think I’d see it in my lifetime. It’s just a shame that it came a few years too late for this squad. We were too reliant on the older players and we couldn’t pull it off. Bale, Ramsay, Allen etc have done great things for Wales in recent years but unfortunately we just don’t have the depth coming through to take over.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options

DOHA - A disciplinary case was opened against Croatia at the World Cup on Tuesday after the team's fans taunted a Canada player with Serbian family ties.

FIFA said the charge against the Croatian soccer federation was ''due to the behavior of its fans'' and cited rules relating to discrimination and security at games.

Canada goalkeeper Milan Borjan was born in an ethnic Serbian region of Croatia that was part of the conflict which split the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s. Borjan's family left their hometown in 1995 when it was taken by Croatian forces amid stories that ethnic Serbs fled on tractors.

Same fans all offended by “Eff Croatia” no doubt. no hypocrisy there 🤔 

• Options
    Pulisic was taken to hospital after the collision with the goalkeeper when he scored. You’ll need him to be fit for Saturday

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    Pulisic was taken to hospital after the collision with the goalkeeper when he scored. You’ll need him to be fit for Saturday

They need his grit to win and I know he won't be sitting.
  • Options
    My take on the USA vs Iran game.  For whatever reason USA decides to hold back again in the 2nd half.  Where is the aggressiveness?

That Pulisic goal sums up his dedication, gave up his body for that one.

McKennie looked like he took a step back this game, not sure if that was the coaches decision or not and Dest stepped it up.  Would like to see more from both of them.

Adams and Musah can fly, would like to see more of them on breaks.

Sargent was a presence too.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,586
    Denmark and Belgium are huge dissapointments so far..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Well done  Australia. Great team efforts
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Great job Australia! I wasn’t expecting much after the hammering they got from France in the first round. 

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    ARG vs. AUS & FRA vs. POL
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Denmark and Belgium are huge dissapointments so far..
    Too bad neither of them are playing the US...
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,274
    I’ll take the advancement for Croatia, Belgium had the chances in 2nd half

Gonna be fun rooting for US & Croatia moving forward 

feel bad for Lukaku… not too bad 😝
  • Options
    Not a strong World Cup for Belgium.  Their beer is still delicious at least.  
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    It’s unreal that this Belgium team haven’t won anything. So much talent in that squad, but that was probably their last chance.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Group E is crazy right now. Germany and Spain were both on their way out a few minutes ago, Havertz’s goal actually helped Spain more than Germany.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,344
    Germany done! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,344
    WC 22 the year of upsets! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Samurai Blue! Go Japan!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,276

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JPN vs. CRO & MOR vs. SPA
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,586
    Poncier said:

Auf Wiedersehen Harry - Auf Wiedersehen GIF - Auf Wiedersehen Harry Potter  Waves - Discover  Share GIFs
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:

Auf Wiedersehen Harry - Auf Wiedersehen GIF - Auf Wiedersehen Harry Potter  Waves - Discover  Share GIFs
    2nd time in a row as well! Don’t care about the World Cup much but this has been hilarious 😆 
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Japan won their group...just like everyone predicted.